Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamingInBlush.com - Elle's New Blog

Post by Arielle »

http://www.dreaminginblush.com/

I'm now convinced that Elle & Blair are trying to separate themselves as a brand. A good move for Elle, in my opinion.

elleandblair.com still goes to Blair's channel automatically.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lewlew1230
Learner
Learner

Re: DreamingInBlush.com - Elle's New Blog

Post by lewlew1230 »

She mentions in her first post that Elleandblair.com hasn't been "folded completely" and that is is still being redesigned. IF it ever goes live again I'm betting it while only be for Blair. Why would you start a new blog if your old one is being redesigned and will soon be back? Doesn't make sense.

How long do we think this "little project" will last. I give it a month before the posts become very rare to non-existent.

rebkasmth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rebkasmth »

I like it so far although I have only read the first post. She seemed a little miffed that elleandblair.com goes to Blair's channel though. I think that she is trying to separate herself as the bad reception Blair gets is unavoidably noticeable. Personally I like Elle. I think, especially recently, she has represented herself/the way she conveys her sponsored videos very maturely and seemingly both discretely and transparently. Whilst Blair is just a walking advert.

Good on Elle for taking the plunge in beginning to separate herself. I for one am excited to see if she continues, although I have doubts that she will succeed in regular posting. Although I think ElleandBlair was maintained well, I didn't really follow it too much. But I hope this is a start of something good for Elle and a way for her to differentiate herself from her sister, as all the bad press associated with Blair will, no doubt, do harm for Elle as a brand <3
Last edited by rebkasmth on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

I hope she is eventually distancing herself from Blair ( I can't stand Blair). Seems like she's going for that 'whimsical' bullshit again..

Lmao, she sounds so dumb..
Her hurr in dat pic, ugh.

EagleCreekPackItCube
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by EagleCreekPackItCube »

This is a really interesting paragraph in her Disclaimer tab:

"I do not accept money in exchange for positive product reviews. If a post is sponsored it will be clearly marked as so in the individual post. However, even with sponsored posts I will give my exact opinion of the product, good or bad. (Although, if the product is bad I won't agree to do a sponsored post)."

So she'll give her opinion good or bad, but if it's bad she won't review it. So...only good then? That's weirdly worded.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

rebkasmth wrote:I like it so far although I have only read the first post. She seemed a little miffed that elleandblair.com goes to Blair's channel though. I think that she is trying to separate herself as the bad reception Blair gets is unavoidably noticeable. Personally I like Elle. I think, especially recently, she has represented herself/the way she conveys her sponsored videos very maturely and seemingly both discretely and transparently. Whilst Blair is just a walking advert.

Good on Elle for taking the plunge in beginning to separate herself. I for one am excited to see if she continues, although I have doubts that she will succeed in regular posting. Although I think ElleandBlair was maintained well, I didn't really follow it too much. But I hope this is a start of something good for Elle and a way for her to differentiate herself from her sister, as all the bad press associated with Blair will, no doubt, do harm for Elle as a brand <3
Agreed 100%. Elle has always been my favourite. Maybe it's because she's a couple years older than me, as opposed to a couple years younger like Blair, but she's always been more mature and has handled herself quite well.

Yes, she may do some shady things sometimes, but then Blair always finds a way to outshine her in that regard. Like with the Puffs. At least Elle tried to make her videos about something else, rather than dedicating the entire fucking thing to talking about all the ways to use a tissue. Blair just seems like she's ONLY on YouTube for the money, and she's only doing the book for the money, etc. Elle seems like her heart is still in it most of the time. She seems more genuine about things than Blair.

rebkasmth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rebkasmth »

youtubegirl87 wrote:
rebkasmth wrote:I like it so far although I have only read the first post. She seemed a little miffed that elleandblair.com goes to Blair's channel though. I think that she is trying to separate herself as the bad reception Blair gets is unavoidably noticeable. Personally I like Elle. I think, especially recently, she has represented herself/the way she conveys her sponsored videos very maturely and seemingly both discretely and transparently. Whilst Blair is just a walking advert.

Agreed 100%. Elle has always been my favourite. Maybe it's because she's a couple years older than me, as opposed to a couple years younger like Blair, but she's always been more mature and has handled herself quite well.

Yes, she may do some shady things sometimes, but then Blair always finds a way to outshine her in that regard. Like with the Puffs. At least Elle tried to make her videos about something else, rather than dedicating the entire fucking thing to talking about all the ways to use a tissue. Blair just seems like she's ONLY on YouTube for the money, and she's only doing the book for the money, etc. Elle seems like her heart is still in it most of the time. She seems more genuine about things than Blair.

I have always seen her to be the more level-headed older sister who seems to have her head screwed on better than Blair's relentless, squealing advert for tissues. Although randomly placed, at least Elle included it in a video. Her advertisement was overall a lot better handed as 'tour' videos tend to get a high view count, which will no doubt eventually receive more views than Blair's half-assed advertisement.

I've also just read the other two posts. I quite like the review, and I love how she included an ingredients list. The post on acid seemed to be just a filler post with no real point, may have been better condensed into an introductory paragraph and then do the reviews of the products she has said to be using. It's not bad so far, I hope she keeps it up!

lipsticklushiousGG
Informer
Informer

Post by lipsticklushiousGG »

youtubegirl87 wrote:

ummmm before her month of May commercials, she basically never posted videos. I might have a bad memory but it isn't THAT bad. & regarding her disclosure, I don't believe for a second that this blog will be any different than her YT channel. It is just another means to the same end: :bhd:

nobodysbusiness
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nobodysbusiness »

I doubt this will last long. She takes on 'too much'..

613kitten11
Learner
Learner

Post by 613kitten11 »

aeb09 wrote:This is a really interesting paragraph in her Disclaimer tab:

"I do not accept money in exchange for positive product reviews. If a post is sponsored it will be clearly marked as so in the individual post. However, even with sponsored posts I will give my exact opinion of the product, good or bad. (Although, if the product is bad I won't agree to do a sponsored post)."

So she'll give her opinion good or bad, but if it's bad she won't review it. So...only good then? That's weirdly worded.
I'm sure it's a contract issue, no company is going to pay her for a bad review. Weirdly worded, though. Maybe it means that if a product is good, but has a few bad points, she'll bring them up?
Image Image

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

rebkasmth wrote:She seemed a little miffed that elleandblair.com goes to Blair's channel though.
What makes you say that? I would be ticked off if I were her, but all I saw her say was that it takes you there - which it does.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I wonder if she'll stick with it. I like the name and that it doesn't have 'elle fowler' or 'allthatglitters' in it and it's not tacky like i'm sure blair would make it. I wish she had had a custom layout made though. Maybe she will soon.
imma ball til the day i fall

BestFootForward
Informer
Informer

Post by BestFootForward »

Perhaps she's trying to ease her way into the blogosphere a la Lollipop26-- a Youtube guru veteran and one of Elle's inspirations. A good plan if you ask me-- Laura (Lollipop26) has a popular blog and a full-time job now. A blog is a good way for Elle to test the waters of easing out of Youtube whilst remaining in the beauty world...

Guess we shall see...

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

aeb09 wrote:This is a really interesting paragraph in her Disclaimer tab:

ugh, in other words she will only give a good sponsored product review in her posts even though she states if she does a sponsored post she will give her exact opinion good or bad. DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE! Also, what is an "exact opinion" compared to "an opinion."

lipsticklushiousGG
Informer
Informer

Post by lipsticklushiousGG »

hahaha an exact opinion is a Fowler Opinion, i.e. one you shouldn't trust...

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

How long until Blair follows suit?

EagleCreekPackItCube
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by EagleCreekPackItCube »

Well she changed the disclaimer language sooo guess she was reading our feedback here hiiii.
I do not accept money in exchange for positive product reviews. If a post is sponsored it will be clearly marked as so in the individual post. I won't work with sponsors that I do not love!

hellobeautiful
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hellobeautiful »

aeb09 wrote:Well she changed the disclaimer language sooo guess she was reading our feedback here hiiii.
To be fair, this site is the most honest feedback any YouTuber could get. I mean, people think this site is all bitchyness, when really sometimes it is genuinely constructive criticism.

In relation to the blog, I've read all the posts that are currently on there and it's not too bad. The language and writing style is okay, although it feels a bit gimmicy false to me at the moment. But I'd put that down to the fact that she's not used to writing yet, as she carries on she'll settle into her own style and it'll feel a lot more genuine. But I love that she listed ingredients, that's useful.
I also dislike how she's chosen to take the photographs, laid down on a bed? I'd much prefer to see them sat on her dressing table.
You would look a little better, don't you know, if you just wore less make up.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

hellobeautiful wrote:
aeb09 wrote:Well she changed the disclaimer language sooo guess she was reading our feedback here hiiii.
The language and writing style is okay, although it feels a bit gimmicy false to me at the moment. But I'd put that down to the fact that she's not used to writing yet, as she carries on she'll settle into her own style and it'll feel a lot more genuine.
But what about those two books she wrote? :?

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Pixiepink wrote:How long until Blair follows suit?
blair wouldn't be able to make it work. elle has always had better content out of the two but she's also the more reserved one of the two. blair only became as popular as she has because she was pretty and her personality was lively. for blog posts, elle's personality can shine through much better than blair's personality. blair's personality only resonates in moving image. when she's just using written word to express herself, it wouldn't work.

if elle were to be like her college self and actually make an effort toward this project, she could really make it work. if she continues with the same lame effort she has toward her youtube videos, then this will be another failure.

since elle reads this, i just want to say that the whole moving to LA and being a sister brand with blair was really a ruse to heavily promote blair. the whole sister brand in general has felt like a big babysitting job for elle to look after blair. it's never been fair for elle. blair copies her in almost everything but blair gets most of the attention. at least elle got the better nose job.

the new site won't work out if she continues thinking that she's 10. if she makes her videos more professional and mature (without the pbTEEN bedding) and fake voice, she can really build a name for herself beyond elle&blair. because just by blair alone, the brand is going downhill.

elle needs to stop trying to be a socialite like blair and use her connections to get a job at a reputable place. i don't mean to sign their names to random brands in order to promote it. but actually work somewhere in addition to what she's already doing so she can build a respectable name in the industry. just by being a youtuber and being associated with justfab or blush.com or cellaris or skylark or whatever else they are associated with means nothing to reputable companies. i always imagined elle working at a magazine like marie claire but that was when she was still in college. she seemed to have devolved since then. i wish more youtubers would try to be like lisa eldridge instead of trying to be a youtube version of kim kardashian.

Return to “Elle Fowler”