Stretch marks

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stretch marks

Post by prettyglass »

I have them EVERYWHERE, and I'm not even joking aha. My arms, boobs, stomach, hips, thighs, back of my legs and one above my knee?! They honestly make me feel so bad about myself, and give me no motivation whatsoever because no matter what I do, they're there for life. I'm only 17, almost 18, and I'm never going to be able to wear a bikini! At least not without feeling extremely self-conscious. I've had them for a while now and I've actually started to accept them which is cool, still really nervous about being naked around anybody, though ugh.

I'm not sure if they're from gaining weight or just growing in general, I have pretty large hips, though, so the ones on my hips could just be because of puberty. Either way, I wouldn't say I've gained enough weight for them to be this bad. I'm maybe 150-160lbs and I'm 5'5". My mother has had four kids and I don't think she actually has any, not any visible ones anyway. I'm too embarrassed to ask her. I've tried both cocoa butter and bio oil and I can never tell if they're working or not. I'm really impatient, but I can usually stick it out for at least a week. However, I usually think they look better when I haven't used anything at all on them for a while.

Does anybody else have them this badly? I know they're pretty common, but surely not everybody has them to this extreme. And was there anything you tried that actually worked with helping them fade?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Stretch marks

Post by Diorette »

Are they white or purple/red?
Usually white stretch marks are extremely hard to remove and some people see laser surgery as the only way to get rid of them since they're scars.

I have them too, they're white so nothing works for me, I've tried bio oil (waste of money) and cocoa butter but I haven't seen a single change so I stopped trying.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

The only thing you can do when you have stretchmarks is either surgically removing them or use lotions and stuff to make them less visible (if they are purple/red you can make them fade faster.. they say, anyway they are still there).

Mostly you can keep your skin very moisturized to prevent forming new ones. Not just with lotions but with drinking tons of water.

Weight alterations are a factor, but mostly it's genetic. If you get them you get them. :roll:

I have them and in odd places actually. I never hear women saying that they have them in their inner things!
Am I the only one? Maybe because my thighs are chubby and I have somewhat crooked legs. :?
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

incognito

Post by incognito »

I have them all over my thighs, hips, butt, across my knees, and down the backs of my legs. It sucks.

I've never heard of surgery to remove stretch marks... wouldn't that just create a scar where the stretch mark used to be and end up looking kind of the same?

pikachulurker
Learner
Learner

Post by pikachulurker »

I have them on my thighs i think because i grew too quickly because i didnt have large weight gain. I dont mind them. I dont think you can do anything to remove them just time

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

I think they do something with cosmetic laser.. :? Moslty if anyone is really serious about it you should ask for a professional consult, I have no idea how expensive it can be, but since it's cosmetic I'm assuming pretty pricey.

http://www.realself.com/question/stretc ... ly-removed

There are very permanent water resistant body foundations to cover up stretchmarks or vitiligo.
Maybe those can be a better option?

It's called Covermark I don't know if this is availlable in US and everywhere else besides Europe, but I think there is something similar anywhere!

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

@prettyglass, I feel you. It seems like you have stretch marks from puberty. I thought I was the only one who had them on the knees. It's hard to live with.... I am 5'5" and weigh about 130 lbs.... I got the stretch marks when I was a child.... Damn you, puberty! I have learned to live with them.... I used to not wear short skirts and shorts but now I just don't care.... I am 31.... I'm comfortable in my skin. Sometimes I try to cover them up with foundation or concealer... The color never matches.... My knees are darker than my legs so the stretch marks stand out even more..... I have considered getting dermablend.... But the only way to find the perfect shade is to go to a counter.... And I have had bad experiences with dept store counters before..... I'm scared of surgery and to be honest, I'm unwilling to spend that kind of money....

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

sleep84 wrote:I have them and in odd places actually. I never hear women saying that they have them in their inner things!
Am I the only one? Maybe because my thighs are chubby and I have somewhat crooked legs. :?
I have them on my inner thighs and my thighs aren't chubby.. (I'm 5'6, 107lbs). It's just from growth unfortunately :/

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I am covered with the things too. I got most of them when I was 11 and went through puberty really quickly. I didn't even get fat. I just went from being a skinny little kid to having a woman's body. My aunt has had tiny AA cup boobs all her life (and she hasn't had kids) and her boobs are absolutely covered in stretch marks. It really is just the luck of the draw.

I really don't give a fuck about them. Very few people have perfect peachy skin and I have never had a bloke say anything about them. I don't like really revealing clothes so it's not an issue for me.

theluckyone

Post by theluckyone »

I had them when I was eleven due to weight gain and growth in general. Fresh ones will be pink / red / purple, and they'll eventually fade to silver. They then got really pale, so they weren't noticeable at all for the longest time.

I recently went through a bad break-up and gained a ton of weight, so I experienced them again for the first time in forever! I've lost the weight, but these things are still pink and hanging around. There's no way to get rid of them. However, I do moisturize on a nightly basis and I find that it really helps heal the scars. Mine are quickly fading to silver, where they will be just as unnoticeable. Then again, mine are around my thighs and breast so they don't exactly see the sunlight often.

I agree with loopyloo. They're not a big deal, most people have them whether they are male, female, small, average, or large framed. It's something I hated when I was younger, but as you get older you just stop giving a damn about most things.

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

Most girls I know have them on their boobs..
I don't, but I got them on my upper arms and recently on my legs as well. I didn't gain weight though.. don't think I grew either? Maybe it's because of doing sports.. I recently started to be more active.. :? They suck either way.. I wish they would go ..
<3

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

sleep84 wrote: I have them and in odd places actually. I never hear women saying that they have them in their inner things!
Yeah, I have them there too! That's actually the most common place among my friends. :)
incognito wrote:I have them all over my thighs, hips, butt, across my knees, and down the backs of my legs. It sucks.

I've never heard of surgery to remove stretch marks... wouldn't that just create a scar where the stretch mark used to be and end up looking kind of the same?
Probably, but for some reason I'd prefer one scar to lots of white lines aha. Also, I feel like scars have a higher chance of fading until you can barely see it or even going away completely which sounds more appealing than being stuck with stretchmarks forever! I doubt I'd ever pay for surgery to remove them, though.. unless I somehow got rich!
sleep84 wrote: There are very permanent water resistant body foundations to cover up stretchmarks or vitiligo.
Maybe those can be a better option?

It's called Covermark I don't know if this is availlable in US and everywhere else besides Europe, but I think there is something similar anywhere!
Ooh, thanks! I'm from Europe, so I'll check it out! :D
loopyloo wrote:I don't like really revealing clothes so it's not an issue for me.
Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of revealing clothing but it'd be nice to have the option! Haha.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I also have some on my inner thighs, knees, and just above my butt. The ones above my butt are weird looking because they're horizontal. I'm a little self-conscious about them, but they're really not that bad. And I haven't had a guy say anything about them either. I don't think they're as big of a deal to guys as they are to girls! I even have a friend who's a guy who has some on his stomach.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I have them, too. Thighs/hips, backs of knees and on the insides of my knees... the knee ones are most visible. it looks like someone took a white marker and drew lines on my skin =/ i hear it's not possible to remove them without actual medical procedures. BUT HEY everyone has them somewhere! i stopped caring. it's like a scar. it's a battle wound from growing up!
imma ball til the day i fall

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

OMG!!!! I just realized that I wrote "I have them on my inner things" Yep, those things are my thighs. ahahahahah Oh my... :lol:

I never really cared about the lines in general, so much as the fact that where I have them, my skin and generally the tissue the muscle the body part etc. are all squishy and flabby and not toned at all.. ahahahha

charlavail
Informer
Informer

Post by charlavail »

I actually feel very insecure about my stretch marks. I have them on my breasts because of how quickly they grew, and how large they got. I don't really wear anything that is low cut. By that I mean nothing that goes lower than mid chest.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Try using biooil on them. Just wait until you have children, you will have lots of them on your stomach.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Since I've been working out a lot these months the ones on my thighs are starting to fade or idk, they don't look bad anymore.

Appletini
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Appletini »

I swear I remember reading somewhere once that over 70% of woman get stretch marks, so you're not alone :) If bio oil doesn't work maybe try something like coconut oil? I've heard thats great for scarring and isn't a yucky mineral oil like bio oil. As for being too embaressed to wear a bikini, maybe try fake tanning? I always find fake tan makes the stretch marks on my hips slightly less visible!

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont »

I just get them on my butt.. :s will coconut oil work??

Return to “Skincare”