Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Crest 3D White Strips

Post by Diorette »

Do you like them? Do they work for you?

I have the ones that you put them 30 minutes 2 times a day for a week, the intensive ones (level 5) and the 2 hour express ones.

I'm gonna start using the 30 minutes and the express ones more since the level 5 hurt my teeth so fucking much, you have to wear them for 2 hours daily.
Someone told me here that they're meant for older people with really yellow teeth, mine aren't yellow, but not white either, like normal.

beautylovingangel
Informer
Informer

Re: Crest 3D White Strips

Post by beautylovingangel »

I've used them a few times and I like them pretty well. My only complaint is that they made my teeth really, really sensitive and I couldn't eat or drink certain things while using them (that was when I used I think the level 3 ones). Last time I got the sensitive ones and while it did take longer for them to whiten my teeth, I didn't have nearly as many problems with sensitivity. I think anyone can use them, so long as you're not a little kid with baby teeth, which I assume you aren't. :D

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

The two hour express are really not that much different. My dentist said that after a maximum of an hour because the active whitening ingredient (Hydrogen Peroxide) has already been diluted by your saliva. So the two express ones are exactly the same as the 30 minute ones, they just ask you to put them on for longer. He said you could get the level 5 ones, and use them for two hours and you would get the same results. He said he won't recommend it because after an hour, it's pretty much useless.

For me, I used the professional effects one (which I think is the one with the highest hydrogen peroxide) and it's supposed to be used once a day for 20 days. I stopped after about two weeks because I got the whiteness I wanted, so you can stop anytime you think your teeth are white enough.

They do make your teeth sensitive when you use them and for a few days afterwards, but it's bearable.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I don't know what level mine are, I picked them up at Costco in a value-pack thing of the regular strips and then the two-hour express ones. Didn't notice any difference with the two-hour, and after maybe three days of using the regular ones, they were looking more white. They didn't make my teeth sensitive at all, though.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Can I use two boxes in one year?

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I used to use them every few months. I'm a big tea and coffee drinker, so no matter how much I brush I still get a little staining over time. Two or three times a year I'd buy the cheapy knock-off Target brand to get whiten my teeth back to where they were naturally. But I could never use them twice a day...they made my teeth too sensitive. I would use them once a day or once every other day and they worked great.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I use the ones for sensitive teeth sometimes because I have the same problem with whitening strips being painful. You put these on for only five minutes and the box comes with a month's supply. I haven't finished the box and I skip days sometimes because after a few days my teeth start to hurt a bit (I guess they're just really sensitive), but then I start up again after like a day or two of skipping. They work pretty well. I use them with a combination of a whitening toothpaste. I like them because I can actually handle them for five minutes on most days rather than the regular ones which are just too painful for days after.

They come in a box with pink on it (crest brand) and they are level 1 or 2, I forget. I got them on Amazon for way cheaper than the drugstore.
imma ball til the day i fall

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Angie V wrote:I use the ones for sensitive teeth sometimes because I have the same problem with whitening strips being painful. You put these on for only five minutes and the box comes with a month's supply. I haven't finished the box and I skip days sometimes because after a few days my teeth start to hurt a bit (I guess they're just really sensitive), but then I start up again after like a day or two of skipping. They work pretty well. I use them with a combination of a whitening toothpaste. I like them because I can actually handle them for five minutes on most days rather than the regular ones which are just too painful for days after.

They come in a box with pink on it (crest brand) and they are level 1 or 2, I forget. I got them on Amazon for way cheaper than the drugstore.
Have you seen these in the drugstore lately? I used to use the sensitive ones, but I haven't seen them in the store for months. I'll have to take a look on Amazon though. I thought they had been discontinued!

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

kittykat wrote:
Angie V wrote:I use the ones for sensitive teeth sometimes because I have the same problem with whitening strips being painful. You put these on for only five minutes and the box comes with a month's supply. I haven't finished the box and I skip days sometimes because after a few days my teeth start to hurt a bit (I guess they're just really sensitive), but then I start up again after like a day or two of skipping. They work pretty well. I use them with a combination of a whitening toothpaste. I like them because I can actually handle them for five minutes on most days rather than the regular ones which are just too painful for days after.

Have you seen these in the drugstore lately? I used to use the sensitive ones, but I haven't seen them in the store for months. I'll have to take a look on Amazon though. I thought they had been discontinued!
I'm not sure, I never really look because drugstore prices on these are insane compared to amazon. I know amazon has them because I got them like two months ago! They were like $15 or so.
imma ball til the day i fall

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer

Post by EveryJuan »

I tried those same crest sensitive ones. I bought a sample of 7 off ebay. I used them for 7 days but instead of 5 minutes I left them on for 30. My teeth were noticeably whiter as I have a fake tooth which was the colour of my teeth prior to it and it's sort of noticeable if you look. I gotta get a proper veneer put on it though so I'm hoping to go whiter before that.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

I use one of the 7 day kits every month or so. It works just fine for me, and I drink green tea ever single day. Actually I think green tea doesn't stain as much as black tea. But I consume a lot of dark berry smoothies and eat other staining foods. It seems like rinsing with peroxide helps too but that's probably my imagination considering the low concentration.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

They don't work at all for me and I don't have overly yellow teeth. Nothing over the counter works for me. I'm gonna have to get it professionally done.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

When I responded I forgot to mention that I oil pull. I think that helps a bit too.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Return to “Dental Health”