Korean Dramas/Movies!

PurpleRain
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Korean Dramas/Movies!

Post by PurpleRain »

Does anyone here watch any Korean Dramas/Movies?! PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE DOES!

None of my friends do. Its SO addictive!

I use this website to watch them: http://www.kimchidramas.net/

:halo:

My fave drama ATM are:

To the Beautiful You (Its so funny and creative! haha)

Faith (Its a mix of historical and modern its funny and the guy is HOT :horny: )

Arang & Magistrate (Its historical and really funny atm)

Anyone watching these? :D

bunnyx0
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Korean Dramas/Movies!

Post by bunnyx0 »

I just started watching To the Beautiful You. Sulli is so cute even as a boy :horny: I've never watched any other dramas though, probably because I'm too wrapped up with watching anime (:

maliceofalice85
Learner
Learner

Post by maliceofalice85 »

I am watching Rooftop Prince and Shut up, and Let go ( or Shut Up, Flower Boy Band). Those are the only two that I am watching since I finished Cinderella's Step Sister last month.

Satanick
Learner
Learner

Post by Satanick »

"The Audition" its a movie. Truly disturbing. Its on Netflix now. My best friend and I watched it and nothing has compared since. brace yourself. (and post here if you watch it so we can talk about it haha)

Niina
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Niina »

i used to watch korean drama's all the time!, japanese too, but i haenðt watched in a while, so do you guys have any god reccomendations ? ( nothing that is sad or has depressing scenes haha, saw to many of those nad it made me a little depressed lol

kostar09
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kostar09 »

I usually watch Chinese/Korean movies. I am unknown to Chinese/Korean language but enjoy these movies when showing with subtitles!

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I haven't watched any TV shows because I've not known where to find them. I love K-horror movies. There is one I love called R-Point, but I have never met anyone else who has seen it.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I don't remember if this was Korean but it's an oldie but a goodie and super sad
1 litre of tears

u_u

i also watched one about flight attendants but it was too long ago and i don't remember the name

edit:
found it! it was called Attention Please

i think they're both japanese tv dramas because the male lead is japanese
imma ball til the day i fall

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

I like Korean everything, including movies, but not the sappy melodramatic type. I love Chan Wook Park and Kim Ki Duk's movies.
Does anyone have recommendations for good Korean dramas that aren't romantic comedy/romantic drama? Maybe something to do with crime or supernatural stuff. I downloaded something called "The Devil" and "IRIS", but any other suggestions are welcome. :D

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

alcoholicferrets wrote:I like Korean everything, including movies, but not the sappy melodramatic type. I love Chan Wook Park and Kim Ki Duk's movies.
Does anyone have recommendations for good Korean dramas that aren't romantic comedy/romantic drama? Maybe something to do with crime or supernatural stuff. I downloaded something called "The Devil" and "IRIS", but any other suggestions are welcome. :D
Try "Sign". It does have a love line but its not the focus. The lead actor is Park, Shin Yang. He is an amazing actor, no doubt!

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

Im Korean so yeah, I watch korean dramas from time to time. I go thru these weird time periods where I get completely sick of them though.

My favorite of all times:

1. Full House
2. I'm sorry I love you (if you wanna cry like any other, watch this)
3. Dae Jang Geum (a historical drama. If you are interested in korean food, watch this)
4. Thank You (about a little girl who has AIDS and how her family deals with the close-minded neighbors when they find out about it... And of couse theres a love line)
5. Smile, You (my favorite family drama of all times. Heartwarming)
6. Pasta (about a girl who wants to be a pasta chef. Very cute.)
7. Coffee Prince (a girl pretends to be a guy to work at a coffee shop and the boss goes into an sexual identity crisis as he falls for her. Cute and funny)
8. Princess Hours (creates a fictional royal family of korea and an ordinary girl finds out she is supposed to marry the prince)
9. Secret Garden (a cinderella story with a body switch twist.)
10. Personal Preference (a guy pretends he's gay to move into a house that belongs to a famous architect)
11. Respond 1997 (set in the 90s korea. Very funny and interesting as you can see how the korean idols and fandoms started. Also, the acting is phenomenal! Made me reminisce my childhood in korea)
12. I Need Romance Season 1&2 ( the cast are different for each season. Korean version of sex and the city.)
13. The moon that embraces the sun (historical drama. It was a big hit this year)
14. Scent of a Woman (a girl who falls in love with this guy..and then also finds out that she has cancer)
15. My Name is Kim Sam Soon (hilarious! About this girl who is a pâtissier and how she starts a contract bound relationship with her boss)
16. 49 Days (it isnt a favorite but its very interesting as you get to see how a lot of koreans believe that after death, one can stay on earth for any incomplete life wishes/troubles)
17. Prosecutor Princess (a spoiled girl becomes a prosecutor and realizes how ignorant bitch she's been lol)

Ok im tired now

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

Satanick wrote:"The Audition" its a movie. Truly disturbing. Its on Netflix now. My best friend and I watched it and nothing has compared since. brace yourself. (and post here if you watch it so we can talk about it haha)
Audition is Japanese actually, but it is indeed disturbing. Ichi the Killer is pretty bad too.
alcoholicferrets wrote:I like Korean everything, including movies, but not the sappy melodramatic type. I love Chan Wook Park and Kim Ki Duk's movies.
Ditto! What's your favorite movie by him? I think I'd have to say Lady Vengeance.. it's the only horror film of his that left me not feeling totally depressed afterward, lol.

I also love A Tale of Two Sisters. It's on Netflix at the moment, I believe.

Otherwise, the only Korean shows I've watched are Super Junior Full House and Shinee's Hello Baby.. not sure if those count, though. ;)

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

Does Korea do teen dramas? Jw.

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

Sonia wrote:
Ditto! What's your favorite movie by him? I think I'd have to say Lady Vengeance.. it's the only horror film of his that left me not feeling totally depressed afterward, lol.

Otherwise, the only Korean shows I've watched are Super Junior Full House and Shinee's Hello Baby.. not sure if those count, though. ;)
My answer's pretty typical...Oldboy. But I really liked Lady Vengeance too, it's underrated imo.
Same! A Tale of Two Sisters was one of the first Korean movies I ever saw.
@pandaaa, thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out sometime soon. :)

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

Not really dramas, but I do love a good Korean horror movie. I like Japanese horror movies as well.

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

alcoholicferrets wrote:
Sonia wrote:

My answer's pretty typical...Oldboy. But I really liked Lady Vengeance too, it's underrated imo.
ah.. you guys are into the revenge series huh?
have you guys watched the man from no where? you guys would enjoy it.
the cinematography is crazy good.

[youtube][/youtube]

and have you guys heard about park chan wook's hollywood film? its coming out soon.
[youtube][/youtube]

Forever5stars
Talker
Talker

Post by Forever5stars »

I try to watch any decent drama or movie that comes out tbh xD I love them!

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

alcoholicferrets wrote:
Sonia wrote:

I love all of those. I also love Hansel and Gretel (beautiful cinematography too), The Quiet Family and The Red Shoes. The Isle is also good, although there is one bit where you will cross your legs and cringe.

mitochondria
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mitochondria »

Oh God... Oldboy is AMAZING. Lady Vengeance, Mr. Vengeance... amaziiiing. A Tale of Two Sisters is very nice, also, but the american version sucks. Have you guys seen Bedevilled? I loooove that one, so sad, but so powerful... and I love that actress, Yeong-hie Seo. Watched Chaser with her though and thought it was kind of bad.

I also like I Saw the Devil, Min-sik Choi is in it (from Oldboy and Lady V.). I love Asian movies, especially Korean. Their thrillers, horrors and vengeance movies are AWESOME and no one can do it better!
"$$$Free Products! Ads! Views!$$$"

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

im so excited for snowpiercer to come out! has anybody heard of it? its directed by bong joon ho, a famous korean director. it stars song kang ho, chris evans, tilda swinton.

Return to “Movies”