haylen
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 5

Post by haylen »

Capatillar wrote:Why are they still called daily vlogs? C'mon Kate and Cory
Grasping for any sense of 'fame' they think they can have. Neither of them quite get it..sad really.

Renée SaitDeux
Learner
Learner

Post by Renée SaitDeux »

That's what I have been think the entire time .. Daily vlogs, are daily, not weekly or monthly or whatever upload time they think is daily.
The fact that there are so many weird inconsistencies in they stories both have made up to look better, for what reasons they might have had.. Make it easy to talk about on something like the forum.
There is a small like between famous and infamous.

There are some smaller Vlogging channels that I enjoy just as much like the bigger onces!
Because they put the effort into giving the people and fans that enjoyment of engaging with the channel.

And they try to do more and fun things to compensate for the problem of not having that big fan base that are always giving feedback.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Posting for updates :)

Renée SaitDeux
Learner
Learner

Post by Renée SaitDeux »

That's usually how the end starts for most youtubers

amie2643

Post by amie2643 »

From Cory's SMPFilms Facebook
Hey all,

I need to apologize to you for my recent behavior. I don't think many of you know about this but some of you do. I have been addicted to energy drinks and alcohol for quite some time and I recently had a bit of a relapse and it was beginning to take a toll on my health.

I believe that the mixture of it all was starting to effect my heart, also causing extreme sudden anxiety. It's no secret that I've been under a lot of stress because I've been afraid of losing everything I've been working so hard for all of these years, which is my career as a creative. I was pushing myself harder and harder to be better but I turned to energy drinks and alcohol to "help me" find better places within my mind.

It's been about a week and a half since I've had anything and during recovery I lost my mind a little bit but the last 2 days have been A LOT better. I'm finally feeling normal again.

So with that said, I've decided to keep my Facebook going and my Twitter public. I was in self-destruct mode and I feel horrible about what happened.

Again, I'm sorry everyone for what happened. I really am all about love and positivity but my addictions did get the best of me. With my heart acting the way it did, I now know that I can't turn back to those things. So I PROMISE, I will stay off of those things or at least have them in extreme moderation.

I didn't seek help or counseling for my addictions but I was lucky enough to recognize my problem before it got any worse.

I also want to publicly thank my girl Kathleen for being there for me and supporting me though this. It was hard but she was there for me the whole way through. I can't thank her enough.

Thank you all for sticking with me though the dumb. ♥

AwkwardsWhatIAimFor
Informer
Informer

Post by AwkwardsWhatIAimFor »

I kinda believe the whole addicted to energy drinks thing. But I think he posted this just to get a bit more attention.
It's been a year, please delete my account already. jeeze

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

Yeh I believe the addiction. I find the alcohol thing interesting, as we all knew he was addicted to energy drinks but I don't remember him ever drinking before as much as he has this last 6 months or so.
BUT, I do kind of think the whole post was more for attention than anything else.

I still can't stand the dude, but I have to say, his last few vlogs he's actually come across as sincere, which is a very welcoming change.
I was trying to be critical but open minded in his last lovey cuddly vlog with Kate... and it was ok. Because... it seemed REAL. That was my biggest annoyance with their whole cuddle on screen romance thing - it all felt SO FAKE. His "blissfully content" look he gets makes me cringe. It just seems like such a show. LOOK! Look how happy and content and blissful I am! SEEEE?! See how sweet we are, cuddling and kissing and the camera just HAPPENS to be on?!
Where as today's vlog they just seemed to be genuinely enjoying each other's company. They were kissy and whatnot, but the camera was on for a point, he was actually talking rather than just trying to show us how sweet they can be. They were joking and it just seemed natural, as opposed to about 97% of the other times I've seen them since they got together.
That's the same reason I didn't mind the drunk vlog. I don't think he was actually drunk, but he WAS just chill. Talking, and not trying to put on a show.

CORY, BE GENUINE. Stop trying to over act/over emphasize everything in your life. Because when you do, even when you are sincere, it comes across as fake. And THAT is a big reason why you are half of the only thread on this section of the site that has 5 entire threads dedicated to negatively discussing you.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

I'd like to sincerely take him seriously, but it seems like yet another "confessional" scapegoat. How long will this one last before he relapses and blames it on something else yet again? I wish nothing but the best for him as well as for Kate. But a big part of me can't help but be skeptical either way.
.......meow.......

Poniesftw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Poniesftw »

I can see how he's panicking over his career right now- this whole forum is enough proof that he has plenty to panic about!

What I didn't like was
"I didn't seek help or counseling for my addictions but I was lucky enough to recognize my problem before it got any worse."
you still need help Cory! Just because you're okay for now doesn't mean it won't happen again. I think he needs more than "self-therapy" and "positive thinking" and he can't keep counting on Kate to pick up the pieces- it will start to wear on her too! Seek professional help or else this letter just looks like made-up BS for attention!
We are all simply fans that can see through your bullsh*t.

canadiancutie
Debater
Debater

Post by canadiancutie »

AwkwardsWhatIAimFor wrote:I kinda believe the whole addicted to energy drinks thing. But I think he posted this just to get a bit more attention.
He has not shown ANY signs of alcohol addiction. Energy drinks, yes. Alcohol, no.

canadiancutie
Debater
Debater

Post by canadiancutie »

I don't think Kate and Cory realize that they don't HAVE to tell us they're happy. If they are really, truly happy, it will show! I didn't mind his last vlog, I thought it was sincere and cute. Normally so much PDA from anyone can irk me at times but it didn't bug me at all. It's just the constant need for them to reassure viewers of their feelings, for each other and themselves, no need for it. But the vlogs (two minute journals they should really be named) need to have more content, and I agree, it should be the focus. He needs to let go of the original content creation FOR NOW and just be silly and make funny, stupid vlogs. I liked the effects he did on his and Kate's in the past. Stick with that and you'll have a hefty fan base again!

Remera
Informer
Informer

Post by Remera »

I thought Cory's latest vlog might have been the same day that they got engaged. I was waiting for him to whip out the ring the entire blog and it just never came.

I don't have a partner, but someone who does: would you want to refer to yourselves, or have yourselves referred to as 'the gross couple'. They were making is seem like they got that a lot, like "grab your puke buckets, it's going to be one of those videos". Every comment I've seen on their videos, people are just ecstatic that they're together, even since before they got together people wanted them together, even when Cory was still technically married.

Smiling Assassin
Learner
Learner

Post by Smiling Assassin »

There it is lads, Cory now has addiction added to his bulging dossier of drama. Rubbish, all that is attention seeking and playing the sympathy card. It is one big guilt trip to feed his overinflated ego. I don't believe that shite for a second. Blimey. Go on then Leech, feed your bollocks to what fans you have left. Rubbish. Face it mate, you really have been relegated to dustbins of history and that's the truth innit. :toad:

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Remera wrote:Every comment I've seen on their videos, people are just ecstatic that they're together, even since before they got together people wanted them together, even when Cory was still technically married.
I'd say it's a lot with how much chemistry the two evidently shared. It was pretty obvious the two wanted to be together, and have been together, for a long time before they made it official.

plinkie
Talker
Talker

Post by plinkie »

It seems Cory lost his Twitter verification by going private.

Regarding the whole energy drink drama, I think it is just another thing he has over dramatized for attention, and an easy fix to the lapse in judgment when he said he was quitting Twitter. I can't even watch this guy anymore. Every video and tweet he puts out just screams desperation. He needs constant attention, and he feeds off the haters just as much as the "fans."

I've been enjoying other vloggers much more. The ones who are genuine and real, and (presumably) anything they want to keep private has just been left out of their videos and social media. (Take notes Kate and Cory.)

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA! :roll:

What else does he need to do to get attention?

1. Cats - CHECK
2. Proposal (Steph) - CHECK
3. Wedding - CHECK
4. Furniture Contest - CHECK
5. British Girl Comes Along - CHECK
6. Divorce - CHECK
7. Vlogs with British Girl - CHECK
8. New Year's Kiss with British Girl - CHECK
9. YouTube Blaming for Own Failures - CHECK
10. Positivity Road - CHECK
11. Countless/Meaningless Epiphanies about Self/Work - CHECK
12. "Stalkers, Security Guard Harassment and Other Seemingly Works of Fiction" - CHECK
13. Confessionals - CHECK
14. Energy Drink and Alcohol Addiction - CHECK

Mind you, that's without counting all the lies in between all of those "events", especially the "New Year's Kiss" setup.

Am I missing something? What's gonna be next? :corn:

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

I don't hate the new video of Kate and Amanda, 'two girls one story'.

Kate does at times remind me of her old self... I always felt that she had a humbleness to her. I can still see that sometimes... it's not totally gone.

And I just gotta say, she got nice boobies.

Poise88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Poise88 »

I know I don't post much, but I just have to throw this in here - why the hell would she upload a video of her drinking shots (basically) shortly after Cory 'confessed'?

CinnamonShe
Debater
Debater

Post by CinnamonShe »

Poise88 wrote:I know I don't post much, but I just have to throw this in here - why the hell would she upload a video of her drinking shots (basically) shortly after Cory 'confessed'?
Too true.
Remember when she professed to not like alcohol or that she rarely drank it?
More famous last words. Maybe it's another one of Cory's habits that she picked up.
Last edited by CinnamonShe on Wed May 29, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “KatersOneSeven / DudeLikeHella”