The Wonderful World Of Wengie

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Wonderful World Of Wengie

Post by smiley »

I first learned of this blogger a few months ago. I reading some of Qiuqiu's tweets, and if I recall correctly, Wengie (her real name is Wendy Huang) directed a tweet to her regarding a Korean eyebrow tutorial. Out of curiosity, I had to check Wengie out. And when I learned she had a blog and was inspired by Xiaxue, well, I wondered what other people thought of her blog and tutuorials. If you've seen Wengie, she looks like a Korean ulzzang, but she's Australian Chinese. Here's a link to her blog: http://www.wengie.com/
One of the bloggers I love, admire and respect is Xia Xue. Being a fellow Wendy as well helps, but she is a huge blogger, who is incredibly real and honest.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: The Wonderful World Of Wengie

Post by smiley »

Here's what Wengie used to look like before she went for the ulzzang look.

And here she is - ulzzang style.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

I just found her today on YT.

Does anyone know if she has gotten plastic surgery? She sort of reminds me of Dawn Yang, but blonde. Pretty, no doubt, but I don't know.. Something.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

LaLaLaLaHateYou wrote:I just found her today on YT.

Does anyone know if she has gotten plastic surgery? She sort of reminds me of Dawn Yang, but blonde. Pretty, no doubt, but I don't know.. Something.
AFAIK, I don't think she has received surgery of some kind. However, I do understand what you mean. Wengie has that dolly appearance that makes her look fake...yes, kind of like Dawn Yang. Who knows? It's certainly possible Wengie had something done. From what I know, some of the bloggers from the Asia Pacific area namely Singapore have undergone surgery. For example, Xiaxue, Qiuqiu, Dawn Yang, Miyake, Rachel Tan, etc.

Polarbear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Polarbear »

her ads are everywhere in some of the forums i go to... just checked her out one time. nothing special..

Cupcakefrosting
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcakefrosting »

Based on the two pictures posted here, she looked way better before. Hot, even. Now, she looks kpjust plain weird; it's not a flattering look on her.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

What in the world? :? Wengie sang a cover of Taylor Swift's 22 song and she has nearly as many dislikes as likes. Well, her vocals isn't exactly what you'd call strong. Image

[youtube][/youtube]

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

Lmfao :rofl: my ears are bleeding!! That is just embaressing :lol:..

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Admittedly, I found her singing performance a bit cringe-worthy.

marvalicity
Lurker
Lurker

Post by marvalicity »

She is alright but IMO, I struggle watching her because I actually find her poses look a bit odd and her make up isn't particularly flattering. Something about her just makes me really uncomfortable..
Especially in her newest video with the contact lens review, it scares me.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Eek! I kind of freaked out when she moved one of her circle lenses with her index finger at 1:50. :? I think her poses are a bit odd as well. She's trying too hard to act really cutesy with her facial expressions. As for her make-up, I think her BB cream is too pink-based and leaves a grey-ish cast on her skin. It looks unnatural, but that's just me.

[youtube][/youtube]

ninanenny
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ninanenny »

I'm not sure if it's just me but, I find her face extremely bloated.

MadamCruella
Learner
Learner

Post by MadamCruella »

I've posted about her before on another forum which I will quote below:

(You girls can read more about her on: http://prettyuglylittleliar.freeforums. ... t2102.html)

Oddly enough, I found Wengie through her ads (lol) and I thought she was really cute at first and followed her. After awhile however, I started to notice stuff about her that I didn't really like which made me unsubcribe to her on Youtube and unfollow her blog. As many of you have mentioned before, she seems VERY desperate. I noticed that she would go around Youtube and comment with the SAME comment on a bunch of makeup videos. I'm also a member of Soompi and I guess she joined just to advertise herself some more because she would post in every single thread trying to subtly hint at her blog or youtube channel. She would even go into other user's tutorial threads, just to post her videos. -__- I also noticed that her comments on YouTube were moderated and I once gave her a constructive comment saying how she should focus on the content of her videos and not sit there posing for a full minute. Lets just say my comment never got posted.

This girl and her hawking over comments reminds me of Michelle Phan -_- She posted a bunch of blog posts about the "hate" she was getting and whatever, and all I have to say is, not everyone is going to kiss your butt so deal with it. You're putting yourself on the web so be prepare for the consequences.

Oh...and she can't sing. AT ALL. @___@

Long story short, this chick basically goes through every method she can think of to advertise herself to gain new subbies, even if it means going around spamming the crap out of other bloggers' blogs.

willowwee
Debater
Debater

Post by willowwee »

She kinda look like Quiqiu.

Helo

Post by Helo »

That cover of 22 has been stuck in my head on repeat for the last 5 days...And that stupid dance...Whhyyyyyy did I ever read this thread? Just sayin'

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

MadamCruella wrote:I've posted about her before on another forum which I will quote below:

(You girls can read more about her on: http://prettyuglylittleliar.freeforums. ... t2102.html)
Thank you for the link! Wow, so she DID have surgery after all. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but wow! Her nose back was much wider and thicker then which reminds me of Xiaxue. Maybe Xiaxue should visit Wengie's surgeon. :P

She's also a better dancer than she is a singer. :?

http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/goodgamesp/t ... 540574.htm

Oddly enough, I found Wengie through her ads (lol) and I thought she was really cute at first and followed her. After awhile however, I started to notice stuff about her that I didn't really like which made me unsubcribe to her on Youtube and unfollow her blog. As many of you have mentioned before, she seems VERY desperate. I noticed that she would go around Youtube and comment with the SAME comment on a bunch of makeup videos. I'm also a member of Soompi and I guess she joined just to advertise herself some more because she would post in every single thread trying to subtly hint at her blog or youtube channel. She would even go into other user's tutorial threads, just to post her videos. -__- I also noticed that her comments on YouTube were moderated and I once gave her a constructive comment saying how she should focus on the content of her videos and not sit there posing for a full minute. Lets just say my comment never got posted.
Yes, I read her blog post about people making negative comments towards her. It's obvious she moderates them on her YT account. She can't handle any comment that doesn't support her in any form. Anyway, I found out about Wengie through Xiaxue's twitter. And then I saw her tweet on Qiuqiu's twitter. The girl's relentless with all her spamming. Very bold and shameless.
Oh...and she can't sing. AT ALL. @___@
There are some things that people can do well, and singing is NOT one of them. What was she thinking? The Taylor Swift and the Justin Timberlake covers were embarrassing.

MadamCruella
Learner
Learner

Post by MadamCruella »

smiley wrote:
MadamCruella wrote: There are some things that people can do well, and singing is NOT one of them. What was she thinking? The Taylor Swift and the Justin Timberlake covers were embarrassing.
You're welcome and yes! I don't understand why she's trying to branch out with song covers when it's obvious that she needs A LOT more practice (dunno if that will help...) and she's a much better dancer. Her JT cover sounded just slightly better because of all the auto tune she used. I saw someone post a comment that told her that if she was going to use that much auto tune, she should expect some hate from people.I came back a few hours later and that comment was gone, along with any other negative comments pre-existing.

Just saw this today. OMG PLEASE NO -__-

[youtube][/youtube]

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Good grief! She makes such ridiculous facial expressions, it's laughable. :lol: She keeps tilting her head to one side and pouting her lips. In her pics, her go to angle is the right side of her face.

[youtube][/youtube]

kiwis
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by kiwis »

She has had plastic surgery.

A year or two ago when I first found her blog, I thought she looked fake so the ever curious me googled for evidence/admittance if any. What I found was that she enquired in a Korean plastic surgery clinic's consultation page about a revision nose job. I vaguely remember it was something about changing her L-shaped implant into I-shaped implant. She asked about forehead grafting too I think.

That was long ago. Now when I try searching for that page, nothing comes up. I wish I took a screenshot back then :*&^%:

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

I'm not surprised. She looks pretty much like a blonde version of Dawn Yang. Even in that video with the circle lenses, that's all I kept thinking.

Her revised nose job looks wayyy better. I'm assuming that first picture of Wengie (posted by Smiley) was after her first nose job since it is significantly smaller than the other photos posted. The doctor did a good job on her eyes too.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”