The Wonderful World Of Wengie

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Wonderful World Of Wengie

Post by hanaemii »

Evil_robot wrote:so, she has moved to LA? is LA the dream place for all youtubers? why? why not London or Paris or whatever...
wtf she moved to LA?
BANNED

:hugs:

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I don't understand, I thought she was going to become a cpop star lol. Now she's in LA? What's happening with her fiance and cats? Didn't she JUST get a new apartment in Australia? I stopped watching her and her videos stopped getting recommended to me even. I saw her in Safiya's video which is so freaking ridiculous because Wengie is such a nobody.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Haha I thought she was only renting the apartment. Someone please reception her life since she went to China for her "singing career". Fear I may lose brain cells if i try to watch her videos.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

It's so funny she tried to be a cpop idol or whatever because she's always been ashamed of being Chinese. There was a Q&A where people asked her to speak Chinese so she spoke a teeny bit of Cantonese and Mandarin (and it didn't sound too bad) and she was SO annoyed/embarrassed. And with all her plastic surgery and hair dying and trying to be like her idol XiaXue she obviously hated being Chinese (even though Xiaxue is fine/proud of being Chinese even though she whitewashes herself lol)

musika1218
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by musika1218 »

I don't understand how this girl has so many subscribers. 7 freaking million last I checked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

musika1218 wrote:I don't understand how this girl has so many subscribers. 7 freaking million last I checked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
She has 9.2mil now...that's a million more than Michelle Phan...HOW???? Does she buy them?

Post by Guest »

Wengie....I was with her since the beginning and the only reason she has 9 mil is because she's azn and her content is subpar. It only appeals to the koreaboos

gossiplurkeria
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gossiplurkeria »

where did her world of wengie app go :rofl: i wanted to download it and check it out

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

One of my friends just linked me to her music video and.. what??? I'm so confused

BANNED

:hugs:

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Wow, she looks very old in that video. It looks like her skin was pulled back. It's funny how she used to HATE being Chinese so much (she's mentioned this in videos) and now she's trying her hand at being a Chinese pop star lol. There's definitely autotune in there too.

and the outfits and dance was all over the place. Why tf is she doing the robot with a giant bear?

the whole video looks cheaply made. It looks like the spent all their money on buying views and getting her song up on some random chart because there's some comments on how she got a ton of views after only 10 mins lol.

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

I don't even mind the cringey "choreography" and autotune. What annoyed me the most is that mismatched lip sync!!!!

pineappecake
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pineappecake »

Did anyone notice her old cover videos are gone? Probably realised how terrible her singing was without the autotune

Mirai
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Mirai »

Is this her only forum? She has so many subscribers bow. I just don't get it. :roll:

Mirai
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Mirai »

I just watched her video with Safiya, and I seriously would not recognise her if her name wasn't mentioned/in the title of the video. It's like she's a completely different person in her osn videos/pictures. :o

P88Jules
Learner
Learner

Post by P88Jules »

takoyaki wrote:haven't watched her videos and a while and she appeared in one of Safiya's videos and she looks exactly like xiaxue in that one. I guess she achieved her dream, she used to be XX's major fan. Is she trying to become a pop star in China with her singing lessons? I guess she has it a bit harder than other youtubers. Edward Avila was able to put out a single and he has said in the past he could never be a kpop idol because he couldn't sing or dance and throughout making his song, he said he couldn't sing and was thankful for trophy cat for helping him so much even though he couldn't sing, lol.
Edward has terrible skin and looks like a try hard tbh.
Wengie, baby, just no. She's over 30, has a stiff face, her hair is frazzled..forever young :HK:
Not sure why these guys expect to be singers when they're not actually talented, they appeal to young dumb kids.
oof

Brune
Informer
Informer

Post by Brune »

st randomly found her video on YouTube about "Making the smallest slime in the world" and it was kinda entertaining. I feel like she is making quality content like Sierra/Eva/Meredith and all of them used to make. :)

qwerrrr
Stalker
Stalker

Post by qwerrrr »

Why are all her instagram posts completely unrelated to the purpose of her posts...
She basically posts a selfie, throws in some random caption/question (eg. What's your favourite [ice] cream flavor?) [NOTE: there's no cream in her photo] and then promos her latest video. She could at least post a photo of her completed DIY project or her holding the tools she uses for her DIY etc... Like what normal influencers do.

Her entire feed makes it seem like she's completely obsessed with herself. It barely features her fiance or friends unless she's doing a collab video.

kennnedi
Learner
Learner

Post by kennnedi »

Evil_robot wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 am
so, she has moved to LA? is LA the dream place for all youtubers? why? why not London or Paris or whatever...
shes managed under the same people as Jenn Im, Jessica Vu. so I assumed she moved to be more accessible to her management + opportunities

kennnedi
Learner
Learner

Post by kennnedi »

Her New Music Video with G-IDLEs Minnie
Honestly whatever record label signed her is going damn above and beyond to sell Wengies autotuned crap to the masses.
how on earth did they secure Minnie for a collab baffles me, they must have really sweet talked in that Youtuber status into their pitch.

Whilst its clear as day that they're trying to break Wengie into "kpop" because kpop is so so trendy now.
but what are they going to do with her if she ever actually got in... she cant speak any korean.
they're going for easiest short term cash grab, and its really disappointing to see wengie's music career has no identity aside from "she's that youtuber"

and her boyfriend?.. I cannot bring myself to even watch 5 seconds of anything he's in. he's so embarrassing... boldly riding off his girlfriends YouTube success whilst having no personality. It's like, wengie just brings him in for the sake of extra content/keep the "kid" from feeling left out.

bloomingpeony
Talker
Talker

Post by bloomingpeony »

kennnedi wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:28 pm
Her New Music Video with G-IDLEs Minnie
Honestly whatever record label signed her is going damn above and beyond to sell Wengies autotuned crap to the masses.
how on earth did they secure Minnie for a collab baffles me, they must have really sweet talked in that Youtuber status into their pitch.

Whilst its clear as day that they're trying to break Wengie into "kpop" because kpop is so so trendy now.
but what are they going to do with her if she ever actually got in... she cant speak any korean.
they're going for easiest short term cash grab, and its really disappointing to see wengie's music career has no identity aside from "she's that youtuber"
I'm guessing since Minnie is Thai she probably doesn't have many opportunities compared to other members. It reminds me of when Chad Future had random idols in his music and he wasn't well known lol (though his music is miles better than Wengies). From her previous cringy covers, I wouldn't be surprised if it was her idea.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”