Markiplier

Cat_Lady22
Informer
Informer

Re: Markiplier

Post by Cat_Lady22 »

PsychGrad0317 wrote:Mark posted a long thing on Facebook about mistakes and regrets and how he just wanted to make people happy but it looks like it has disappeared. Did anyone else see it? Any thoughts?

Edited to add: It's still up on his Tumblr account, apparently.
He posted something similar on Twitter, too.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by shyguyflys »

From what it seems, it looks like these messages have been posted because of what has been going on across the board. On Tumblr yesterday, there was a lot of talk about Mark being a God or Mark having a God complex. I have on a few accounts spoken about how many fans see Mark as a God figure instead of the human that he truly is.

Ely
Talker
Talker

Post by Ely »

Along with a handful of fans in both Mark and Jack fandoms were creating trouble in his tag over the way Mark hid his past romantic relationship from the fans while other fans policed and tried to remove the negativity or rumors by giving Mark his positive hype train where every fan on Earth express the way Mark saved their life in some way which I believe rubbed him the wrong way especially with the way those fans usually worship Mark went a bit overboard with the praising and idolization.

After this letter, now every single Markiplier fan believes they fully understand the meaning behind his words and are basically a) parroting what he said, b) they are rejecting the thought and believing Mark is being too hard on himself or c) a mix of both. With tl;dr goodness and photos included. I'm simply facepalming at them right now.

shyguyflys
Informer
Informer

Post by shyguyflys »

Agreed, Ely. There was a lot of talk about Mark a) being in a past relationship, b) not being in a past relationship, or c) denial that he was in a past relationship. I decided to separate b and c because there are still many fans who genuinely do not know about that past relationship or, on good faith, have decided not to listen to the rumors.

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

Why do the fans even care about his relationship tbh? I understand they like him and whatnot but going as far as his private life simply isn't right.

PsychGrad0317
Talker
Talker

Post by PsychGrad0317 »

I would think all the signs are there to say that she was more than a friend but if it makes them feel better to believe otherwise then so be it. It ties in well with what he was saying. No matter what he does, the Fairweather fans will be mad at him for something and the diehards will continue to canonize him. I would not trade places with him for anything in the world.
Status update: Studying...Mostly. Sometimes. Except, you know, when I'm not.

Desert Wind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Desert Wind »

Just Me :DMod Hat On :D

Return to “Markiplier”