General Hollyannaeree Thread

otterbean

General Hollyannaeree Thread

Post by otterbean »

1. I have never come across a guru more defensive than Holly. Granted, yes, she has made obvious efforts to be more kind towards her subscribers (Thanks, GG!), but she's definitely not a doll. She still blocks any and every comment she feel does not directly address one or more of the following: How pretty she is, how cute her dog is, Steve, the million types of "Mint" sites she whores out, or something for one of her giveaways.

2. Her apartment is verging on being a dumping ground. Is it necessary for her to display her shoes (all of which splendidly showcase her cankles) in the background of all her videos? At first I thought the shoes were there because she was using them for a video. Then as I watched more of her channel, I realized she does that because apparently, in her mind, shoes = furniture.

3. If you haven't seen it, please look up "Ride the Wave," by Trav. 3:02 is :lol:

4. She has no friends. The only time I've heard her talk about people other than Steve is when she references a guru reviewing the same product she (Holly) is reviewing or talks about some other guru sending her products in the casual way that people do in the beauty community, I suppose. Not saying that Holly needs to gush about her friends all the time, but I've noticed for a long time she doesn't talk about people other than Steve. If that's the case, I will truly feel sorry for her if Steve ever breaks up with her, which is really not that much of an impossibility, considering Holly is incredibly insecure, defensive, loves the cakeface, has no other job than YouTube, no talents to speak of, and is impolite and uneducated.

Here's to wishing she goes the same way as Kalel Cullen/Kristen Smith.

GoAway
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Hollyannaeree Thread

Post by GoAway »

This girl has got to be the nastiest girl in the history of youtube. Everytime I see her get worked up over something so little and go on a tirade I get mad for the person she's taking it out on. And WHY does she think that she has to have the last word over EVERYTHING! before you grow yourself a funny mustache, retain yourself from acting like Hitler and girl calm your ass down before all that makeup clogs your arteries and give you a heart attack.

bubble
Learner
Learner

Post by bubble »

She always sits in front of the camera at an off-centre angle too. Maybe I am looking too much into it but what is she trying to hide?

blahblah20
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by blahblah20 »

She's just a nasty girl.

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

bubble wrote:She always sits in front of the camera at an off-centre angle too. Maybe I am looking too much into it but what is she trying to hide?
If you lookup any of her pictures you would see why. Its the most "flattering" angle she has, when shes looking straight on she looks completely...different.

PatriotsGirl94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PatriotsGirl94 »

So I found out Holly makes anywhere between $24 - $227 /day & $8.9K - $82.9K /yr based off the views for the last 30 days of her videos. You can actually find out how much any youtuber makes by going to SocialBlade & typing in their username and a detailed list of how much per video these people are making. YouTube actually pays really well, although I don't think Holly deserves it :roll:

baby
Learner
Learner

Post by baby »

Shiro wrote:
bubble wrote:She always sits in front of the camera at an off-centre angle too. Maybe I am looking too much into it but what is she trying to hide?
If you lookup any of her pictures you would see why. Its the most "flattering" angle she has, when shes looking straight on she looks completely...different.
it's true. in one of her more recent videos where steve made a cameo, at the end of the video holly turns her face to look behind her and you can see her face from the side view. ITS SO FLAT!

and you should also look up the music video that OP stated, you get to see her from a few different angles and she looks like a totally different person!

almondeyed1988
Learner
Learner

Post by almondeyed1988 »

I noticed that all of a sudden she has been coming out with new videos this entire week. At first I thought maybe she actually feels bad that she has gotten behind on making videos for her subscribers but then I realized that her rent is probably due and her youtube paychecks haven't been as big since she's been lazy with uploading. She's annoying me with her whole, "I've been trying to upload all these videos and pulled all these allnighters for you guys." Holly you are not doing us a favor, please do not expect the ppl who are putting money into your wallet to thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to make us a video :roll: . I'm sure that after this week we will see another 2 month period of barely uploaded videos unless its over Jewelmint.

irenekristine
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by irenekristine »

i love holly and i think she's a joy to watch.

however...

she talks way too much. i love her hits and misses but they're not really... hits and misses... the entire video is quite misleading. a hits and misses is when you talk about what really stood out to you during the month and you had enough time to test out and love. and the stuff that really sucked balls. but holly just showcases all her items and it just feels like a haul. some of her items, she only had the day or two before! um. holly. wtf? lol

and she wears too much make up... way. too much. make up. >_>

meh. despite all that, i'm still subbed to her. i don't like her tutorials though. just her hauls and hits and misses LOL even though h&m is VERY misleading.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

I actually enjoy(ed) her videos for the most part; especially the Hits & Misses; and I don't really mind hauls. But the OOTDs (featuring ShoeMint and JewelMint!) and the constant Monthly Mint Pick videos I'm not so keen on and really cheapens the other videos IMHO.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

Can't stand this bitch. I don't even watch her or remember the last time I viewed any of her videos. She doesn't deserve shit, the way she replies to her viewers in her comments are absolutely disgraceful.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, she needs to be slapped across the face with a reality check. No one likes you. Go away.

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

LMAO @ANON- so true.
Has anyone watched her most recent videos? Its very obvious shes been checking out her thread here on GG because shes been facing the camera straight on in her recent vids (when was the last time she did that?). I've also noticed shes downgrading her wardrobe; shes been wearing some tacky looking tops.

Post by Guest »

I left a not-so-nice comment on her hot rollers video. I said:
"Gahhh it seems like every guru has done a Conair hot rollers video because of the mylikes sponsorship. You're late to the game, I'm pretty tired of watching them by now, Holly."

And she replied:
"then why are you watching it? i addressed it in the info box as well as rightttt in the video. i filmed this like 2-3 weeks ago. i dont care about the mylikes aspect so i was in no rush to upload it. if you dont want to watch something dont watch. its a lot easier than trying to tell someone what to do or not to do. 99% of my subscribers found it extremely helpful. just cause one of them may not be you doesnt mean the fact that you are tired of them should effect a video upload."

Oh Holly, please, I have a hard time believing that you "don't care" about the mylikes sponsorship!

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

See! She replies so rudely, your comment wasn't even that rude...

I can't believe she takes the time to respond to so many people in such a mean way... she is such a keyboard gangster to her viewers lol

Shiro
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Shiro »

mollyrosemetzger wrote:I left a not-so-nice comment on her hot rollers video. I said:
"Gahhh it seems like every guru has done a Conair hot rollers video because of the mylikes sponsorship. You're late to the game, I'm pretty tired of watching them by now, Holly."

And she replied:
"then why are you watching it? i addressed it in the info box as well as rightttt in the video. i filmed this like 2-3 weeks ago. i dont care about the mylikes aspect so i was in no rush to upload it. if you dont want to watch something dont watch. its a lot easier than trying to tell someone what to do or not to do. 99% of my subscribers found it extremely helpful. just cause one of them may not be you doesnt mean the fact that you are tired of them should effect a video upload."

Oh Holly, please, I have a hard time believing that you "don't care" about the mylikes sponsorship!
Lol 99% of her subscribers found it helpful? Is that a proven fact or something? You have the right to voice your opinion, so idk what her deal is. Regardless of when she filmed that vid she still is going to rack in the $, so idk why shes trying to lie about her not caring about "the mylikes aspect". Obviously its not a factor of when you upload it. What is a factor is IF you upload it. BTW where in your comment did you say not to upload those type of videos?

"just cause one of them may not be you doesnt mean the fact that you are tired of them should effect a video upload."

She needs to stop, breathe, think, then type out what shes trying to say. Otherwise she just seems like shes highly emotional. Holly. Calm down. If she's feeling insecure about uploading a video based off of one persons comment- she really shouldn't be making videos.

almondeyed1988
Learner
Learner

Post by almondeyed1988 »

Despite her being annoying and rude, I'm still subscribed to her lol. I do like her Hits and Misses because she usually always gives great reviews. I've also bought some of her recommendations and have really enjoyed them. I do like her style and think she's able to style an outfit really well. But I do feel like some of her outfits wear her if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I love glam makeup and dressing up, but I feel like Holly isn't always able to pull it off. It's weird because I like her makeup and I do think she is pretty (don't hurt me lol), but I feel like she is aging big time. When I see her I think of some 30ish well off housewife that has a cute lil kid that goes to private school lol. Maybe in her early twenties she could have pulled it off but now she looks a bit aged. She is looking too done up and I feel weird saying that because I think you can never look to glam lol. :HK:

flarryflarry
Learner
Learner

Post by flarryflarry »

I used to be subscribed to her too,because i also liked the hits+misses videos she made :],they were really helpful and informative and i know they were long,but i like them because they were long.But then all she came out with was jewelmint videos (Which were obviously sponsored) and i got so tired of it.I didn't subscribe to her channel to watch sponsored videos about jewlery that were obviously way too overpriced :/. Then i found out how she treated her subbies and i unsubscribed,i'm tired of her,she needs to have an attitude change or get off youtube.

PatriotsGirl94
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PatriotsGirl94 »

In her latest hits & misses, the description says "Sorry its so long but I know 90% of you will be happy about that! This video took me 14 hours straight through to film, edit, upload. *i die* Pulled an all nighter so I hope you enjoy! "

Are we supposed to feel bad? :roll:

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

Isn't a video considered sponsored when EVERY godddddamn link in the description is a referral!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would comment that on the video, but since I'd rather not hear her bitching paragraph of a reply ---i'd rather not.

almondeyed1988
Learner
Learner

Post by almondeyed1988 »

I noticed that every other comment was thanking her for spending so much time to film a video especially since she isn't obligated to do it. Really? :roll: I noticed all those referral links as well. I did enjoy the video but I'm not about to thank her for pulling an all nighter. She's been shopping and hanging out with other youtubers instead of doing her job which is to upload videos. I had told her I liked her tan and that it suited her and she said that she was stuck inside working last year and got pale. So it seems that last year she was stuck at home with nothing to do but videos and this year she actually has a social life and that's why she's been slacking off big time.

Return to “Hollyannaeree”