pewdiepie

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by Serendipitous »

Lmaoo he's a racist. I knew it from the start of all these controversies.

KimiNiMuneKyun
Talker
Talker

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun »

I'm sorry, I'm probably spamming at this point but wow...
[tweet][/tweet]
:rofl:
The replies are pretty funny too.

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by liarliar_ »

The people defending this are nuts... people are saying that all kinds of stuff come out when you're playing video games uhh yeah stuff that's in your vocabulary! That's the issue, it shouldn't be in his vocabulary!

For example, the word "cunt" isn't in my vocabulary and so when something happens in a video game I say shit or something else that's in my vocabulary but if I somehow said cunt it would leave me in shock yet he so casually apologized as if he accidentally said the f word in front of a child or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by liarliar_ »

As a fan of pewdiepie I can admit that he was 100% in the wrong in what he said and there's no excuse for it. I hope others can do the same cause this is ridiculous. Most of the discussion doesn't seem to be on whether he's a racist or not (which I don't believe he is) but instead on people justifying him using the n word which is INSANE cause that should never be ok! I feel like there isn't room for opinions regarding that point. I don't care how mad, sad, depressed or whatever someone is, you just don't say that word.

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Someone on twitter made this tweet, basically pointing out how stupid people sound for defending Felix by saying "it was just video game rage!"

https://twitter.com/deportablediz/statu ... 7084126209

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

KimiNiMuneKyun wrote:
KittyGussip wrote:if any of you know the indie game"Firewatch" -its a nice game check it out- the lead developer is taking a stand against Pewdiepie
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906983891935797248</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906984318685155328</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
( its a long thread, check his twitter to read it )
do you think this will actually lead to game developers to stop him from streaming their games ? maybe he career is FINALLY over ?!
I can hope :roll:
I was just gonna post this lol.
[tweet][/tweet]
A response to those tweets.
Can someone tell me what's the significance of him saying it with a "hard R"?
It's racist. Whether said with an A or a R, if you aren't black, then there's no reason you should be using that word (however in more academic setting, I think the word may be acceptable to use but idk). But out of all the words he could have used, he chose that one, which leads me to believe he is comfortable using it and uses it often.
This journalist's arguments are fair though. I'm going to play devil's advocate here. You cannot file a copyright claim just because you don't like someone. Yes, he said the n-word, but he did not steal the Firewatch content. It literally says in their faq that people are free to use their content and monetize it here:
[tweet][/tweet]
What they could do is no longer support Felix and NOT give him anymore future Beta/Alpha/pre-release games from their company. It's not exactly giving he creators of Firewatch a bad rep. Actually, it probably gave them more money since Jack and Pewdie streamed it.

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Lol so Felix made a video about the natural disasters going on and it's a shit show. https://youtu.be/RH7wMFrWYoA

He implies in this video that because natural disasters happened in the past, it doesn't prove climate change is real. None of these celebrities he complains about says that Trump is the exact reason that climate change exists. What they are saying is that Trump has taken actions that will keep us from making progress on the climate change issue. Of course, natural disasters are going to happen, but climate change makes natural disasters WORSE. He basically said that celebrities shouldn't be stating opinions on things they "know nothing about", but Felix clearly knows nothing about climate change either. :rofl:

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Serendipitous »

romr211 wrote:Lol so Felix made a video about the natural disasters going on and it's a shit show. https://youtu.be/RH7wMFrWYoA

He implies in this video that because natural disasters happened in the past, it doesn't prove climate change is real. None of these celebrities he complains about says that Trump is the exact reason that climate change exists. What they are saying is that Trump has taken actions that will keep us from making progress on the climate change issue. Of course, natural disasters are going to happen, but climate change makes natural disasters WORSE. He basically said that celebrities shouldn't be stating opinions on things they "know nothing about", but Felix clearly knows nothing about climate change either. :rofl:
Lmao he is SUCH fucking idiot why was he given this platform???

dar90
Learner
Learner

Post by dar90 »

Why would that word be in the vocabulary of a white Swedish dude? That's insane. Especially in moments of anger - most people go to the curse words they use the most, because it's like an instinct.
I think he goes out of his way to say these things. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

DaretoDream1225
Learner
Learner

Post by DaretoDream1225 »

:roll:

Some people just never learn.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

He didn't just use the n word, he used it as an insult.

And then he makes that stupid 'climate change isn't real' bull crap video? People are dying! We need to do something about it! Politics IS relevant.

I normally like pewdiepie but OMG I feel quite angry now.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Soso
Learner
Learner

Post by Soso »

Wow. Is he really that stupid?
I used to really like him, but i just can't stand him now. I'm almot surtain that he does all of this to be cool and edgy for his fanboys.
:love2:

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

dar90 wrote:Why would that word be in the vocabulary of a white Swedish dude? That's insane. Especially in moments of anger - most people go to the curse words they use the most, because it's like an instinct.
I think he goes out of his way to say these things. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
my thoughts too. english isn't even his first language so why would he use that word at all, in any context?

freaking idiot

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by liarliar_ »

Some people are saying he made a mistake and shouldn't be "crucified" like come on... I love pewdiepie but this is beyond a mistake. He said he forgot he was on a live stream so he likely says it off camera. Regardless of whether you think he's a racist or not, no one should be using that word! It isn't up for debate.

Vici
Learner
Learner

Post by Vici »

With the wsj drama, I could take the "he's dumb AF but everything is out of context" angle. Here we have a 27 years old man who, among all the insults that exist in the english vocabulary, choosed to used the n-word. Not a slip, a full well pronounced racial slur.
1/So he might use it frequently off cam.
2/He uses it as an insult. He's not seeing it as a "my dude" equivalent. He's not singing along to Kendrick Lamar or trying to talk like a black rapper.
He already got called out once about using the word.
Either this man needs a reality check cause he thinks he's smarter than everyone and above every rule either he actually belongs with his alt right fans.

onmywayhome
Learner
Learner

Post by onmywayhome »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
no words for this dude, he doesnt realise what he says or does
living in his priviliged bubble
meh

it's a real pity that a huge majority of his fans are so young... especially after that nonsens he said in the climate video
queen of typos

I'm not a native English speaker, so I make a lot of mistakes, but I hope you will forgive me <3

KimiNiMuneKyun
Talker
Talker

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun »

You'd think someone who is basically the face of Youtube, has millions of subscribers, and has millions if not billions of people watching (including non-fans) would be a little more careful with the things he says. But he doesn't care. I guess he's at this level where he's untouchable. He can say and do whatever, and there will always be people who watch and donate. He has money and will always continue to collect it as long as his videos are monetized.
Does he not care about his reputation? Does he not care that "nazi" and "racist" are associated with his name and his face?
And the people defending him saying it's normal to yell profanities when playing video games and that everyone has called someone/said a slur before.
First of all, anyone getting seriously pissed when playing video games is pathetic. Get it together.
Second of all, no. You wouldn't believe how easy it is not to call someone a slur!
There are plenty of people who have never aggressively called someone a slur before!

His video on climate change is just rich! A celebrity who doesn't know what they're talking about telling other celebrities that if they don't know what they're talking about, that they shouldn't get involved.
Last edited by KimiNiMuneKyun on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee95
Learner
Learner

Post by Bee95 »

wild4thenight wrote:
dar90 wrote:Why would that word be in the vocabulary of a white Swedish dude? That's insane. Especially in moments of anger - most people go to the curse words they use the most, because it's like an instinct.
my thoughts too. english isn't even his first language so why would he use that word at all, in any context?

freaking idiot
I completely agree. He used to revert back to Swedish when he got angry.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A520F folosind Tapatalk

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

I'd say he's more ignorant and stupid than actually racist. (Although he could very well be a closeted racist.) He's totally oblivious and privileged, doesn't truly understand the meaning of using that word. I don't think he'll ever understand the gravity of using slurs. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

meowlizzz wrote:I'd say he's more ignorant and stupid than actually racist. (Although he could very well be a closeted racist.) He's totally oblivious and privileged, doesn't truly understand the meaning of using that word. I don't think he'll ever understand the gravity of using slurs. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I mean, there are different levels of racism. There's overt, subtle, and implicit racism. I would say Felix is more subtle, because his racism comes out in certain situations (i.e., him saying the n-word while forgetting he is live streaming because he most likely uses that word regularly when he isn't streaming/filming or edits out any n-words in videos). Everyone has some racist bias, even if we don't realize it. Some people are just more explicit about it.

Return to “pewdiepie”