pewdiepie

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by EveryJuan »

I haven't watched any of pewds videos for the last month and came here to see if anyone was feeling the same... I guess I'm not alone. I like how he used to make fun of Sorsha for putting in video stills to get her vid time to 10:03 and now he just rambles bullshit to extend his own vid time. Its the exact same thing. All his videos are 10:03 of him just talking shit or playing some really fucking dumb game that no one gives a shit about. I used to really enjoy his videos but he's been so off point lately.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Him and Cinnamontoastken have just confirmed to me that this "adpocalypse" is being vastly exaggerated. Pewds is asking for money even though he's a millionaire - Ken keeps whining about how he can't make a living off YouTube anymore, while he is buying multiple $300+ pets, renovating his garage into a fancy work area and upgrading to a brand new four door Jeep... yeah the struggle is so real, clearly. It's starting to look like all YouTubers have let it get to their heads and are delusional about what they need and deserve.

I'm also really sick of him whining about the media. We get it. Bitching about it isn't going to change it. Say one profound thing and move the hell on already.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

the adpocalypse is mostly gonna affect the small and new channels. the bigger channels are still gonna make money, especially because of the youtubered system. and they still have side projects, merch, and sponsorships.
felix is probably making a bigger deal out of it because well, he's him, he's been overreacting to shit since the beginning. and add to that the fact that the reason the adpocalypse started was because mainstream media went to companies to ask them for commentary on their ads being displayed next to bad content(racism, homophobia, hate crimes, etc.), felix is gonna keep hammering on it even harder.
the adpocalypse could ruin youtube in the future, not because it's making it harder for content creators to express themselves, but because it'll drive away future content creators, and at the ones that still start it, will try and act like a kid's show host, so they don't suffer the consequences of demonitization
The Internet knows all your secrets

tinyfeline
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by tinyfeline »

[youtube][/youtube]

He looks so pissed off in this video. Or is it just me? Particularly with not being able to understand what's happening. He seems bitter about it. (Then again these trips to Italy are more of a thing for Marzia than for him)

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

He has 54 mil subscribers yet his views don't reflect that...I know not everyone is going to flock and watch but videos from three weeks ago get like 3 mil ...that's suspicious.

arthurnewton
Learner
Learner

Post by arthurnewton »

tinyfeline wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

He looks so pissed off in this video. Or is it just me? Particularly with not being able to understand what's happening. He seems bitter about it. (Then again these trips to Italy are more of a thing for Marzia than for him)
ah I'm happy to not be the only one to have noticed that (hello, by the way). Felix and Marzia seem awfully passive-agressive and uncommunicative toward each other lately, which makes me uncomfortable as a fan. The poor dude didn't knew where he was taken to most of the time and seemed bitter about everything indeed. The trip was also seemingly a last minute planned thing (he had to cancel the twitch show that was taking place on the following sunday).

Another thing which is very weird, at some point in the video he shows a "joke" playlist to Marzia with a secret message through the titles, well, there is another version that he posted later on his twitter:

Again, like everything pewdiepie does, it sounds like a joke on the surface, but I for one spit my drink reading that... I mean the homo-erotic content has been taken up to eleven these last weeks, both in his videos and on his twitter/instagram. He always brings up the subject and semi jokes/beats around the bush for no reason. The twitch thing with Brad, netglow, is on a whole new SlipperySlope-gay level (it's basically Donate-so-we-have-an-excuse-to-do-gay-stuff: the show lol).

If the gay in the closet thing is indeed true, doesn't it explain a lot of things, like his whole identity crisis during 2016? I've got the feeling it has been something that bothered him for a long time but being in denial, he only realized it very recently (like 1-2 weeks ago), and now he is trying to slowly drive it home to both his viewers and Marzia (maybe because he wants her to make the decision to leave the relationship, not him).

I feel like tinfoil hat talking about that but it has been on my mind for a while :( am I crazy answer me plz

palo_alto
Debater
Debater

Post by palo_alto »

I don't know, maybe it's a cultural thing (or my personal) but they seem like a normal couple to me. I think people look into it too much because they are not all over each other in their videos like most of the you tube couples, they are just being normal, friendly, joking with eachother so I guess they are not a typical cute couple.
Also, I see people on Marzia's topic always talking about their relationship coming to an end, but I can't see how any of us can presume anything if we see only 1% of their lives. And even that 1% is maybe fake. They are maybe not even living together, they're maybe not in a relationship for years, maybe they never were, and we all think we know everything, looking into every little detail like we are watching a reality show and not what they choose to show us.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

arthurnewton wrote:Another thing which is very weird, at some point in the video he shows a "joke" playlist to Marzia with a secret message through the titles, well, there is another version that he posted later on his twitter:

Again, like everything pewdiepie does, it sounds like a joke on the surface, but I for one spit my drink reading that... I mean the homo-erotic content has been taken up to eleven these last weeks, both in his videos and on his twitter/instagram. He always brings up the subject and semi jokes/beats around the bush for no reason. The twitch thing with Brad, netglow, is on a whole new SlipperySlope-gay level (it's basically Donate-so-we-have-an-excuse-to-do-gay-stuff: the show lol).

If the gay in the closet thing is indeed true, doesn't it explain a lot of things, like his whole identity crisis during 2016? I've got the feeling it has been something that bothered him for a long time but being in denial, he only realized it very recently (like 1-2 weeks ago), and now he is trying to slowly drive it home to both his viewers and Marzia (maybe because he wants her to make the decision to leave the relationship, not him).

I feel like tinfoil hat talking about that but it has been on my mind for a while :( am I crazy answer me plz
fast forward to 2018 and felix is pulling a shane dawson, making a coming out video and letting people know he and marzia haven't been together for a long time, haven't even been living together, but they were just pretending they were to keep up appearances
The Internet knows all your secrets

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Man I'm watching his Outlast stream right now and he is REALLY begging for money... he is actually trying to get everyone to sponsor him (and his chat of course is set to sponsor-only). He said if all the 100k viewers would just sponsor him he could "take down ads on his videos".

I'm sorry, I am ALL FOR getting paid to work, whether you are worth $1 or 1 billion... but really? He is being so transparent. He always liked to act all casual, like he didn't even care about the money at all apart from being able to live, and he didn't care if his whole channel got wiped because he's already made it anyway... but now that everything's actually on the line he's suddenly trying to maintain more of an income than he really needs.

He could just find other means of making money since he hates YouTube so much, but the truth is YouTube is his comfort zone and he doesn't want to change his life... and even though he should be sitting on millions, the actual prospect of ending up having to work an actual job clearly terrifies him. IF he's been smart with his money, he and Marzia could live on what he's made so far very comfortably for several decades... so either he's not been smart with his money, or he's just a lot more greedy than he needed to let on back when he was on a winning streak.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

arthurnewton
Learner
Learner

Post by arthurnewton »

palo_alto wrote:I don't know, maybe it's a cultural thing (or my personal) but they seem like a normal couple to me. I think people look into it too much because they are not all over each other in their videos like most of the you tube couples, they are just being normal, friendly, joking with eachother so I guess they are not a typical cute couple.
Also, I see people on Marzia's topic always talking about their relationship coming to an end, but I can't see how any of us can presume anything if we see only 1% of their lives. And even that 1% is maybe fake. They are maybe not even living together, they're maybe not in a relationship for years, maybe they never were, and we all think we know everything, looking into every little detail like we are watching a reality show and not what they choose to show us.
Well I agree with people thinking the relationship will come to an end... there is a world of difference in their interactions when you compare 3 years ago to today. And some of the comments he says to or about her are nasty. Just today in the stream about Outlast 2 I remember at some point he insulted some monster of being a "skinny bitch" and then added "like Marzia!". Like what the fuck man, I love you and all Felix but don't say that in public. I could tell many other examples but well, you get the gist. It's always comments being jokey on the surface but also toying with being utter sarcasm or plain mean.
I just hope if there is an issue it won't get full blown in public, if I were Marzia I would ask myself questions but that's just me.

That aside I really enjoyed today's stream. I'm playing devil's advocate but I don't see any problem with people giving donations when they are free to do so and for someone who does a video per day for free.

Storm Dust
Talker
Talker

Post by Storm Dust »

He was playing The Walking Dead in stream and did he made a conclusion that Clem got sexualized just because she got period in a game? It's just insane. Is he 12??? Honestly his reaction to it was so childish.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

palo_alto
Debater
Debater

Post by palo_alto »

No, someone commented she is sexualized, he mentioned the period because he was trying to figure out her age, and said she is probably not 18 (someone said she is) because you usually get your first period earlier...

H-fish
Talker
Talker

Post by H-fish »

It's like people just see what they want to see.
In the vlog Pewds and Marzia acted like a normal couple. If they would be like hugging and kissing more people would get mad for them to push their relationship to their faces, and if they don't do anything people get mad because ooh they don't like each other. Too much that is wrong and too little this is wrong. :roll:

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

DaylightAmy wrote:Man I'm watching his Outlast stream right now and he is REALLY begging for money... he is actually trying to get everyone to sponsor him (and his chat of course is set to sponsor-only). He said if all the 100k viewers would just sponsor him he could "take down ads on his videos".

I'm sorry, I am ALL FOR getting paid to work, whether you are worth $1 or 1 billion... but really? He is being so transparent. He always liked to act all casual, like he didn't even care about the money at all apart from being able to live, and he didn't care if his whole channel got wiped because he's already made it anyway... but now that everything's actually on the line he's suddenly trying to maintain more of an income than he really needs.

He could just find other means of making money since he hates YouTube so much, but the truth is YouTube is his comfort zone and he doesn't want to change his life... and even though he should be sitting on millions, the actual prospect of ending up having to work an actual job clearly terrifies him. IF he's been smart with his money, he and Marzia could live on what he's made so far very comfortably for several decades... so either he's not been smart with his money, or he's just a lot more greedy than he needed to let on back when he was on a winning streak.
He's so greedy. I think it's now more about having the money with him than ever making use of it. He's afraid of losing the number #1 spot probably. There is something sad and creepy about a normal hardworking person donating to a multi-millionaire for a "shoutout" on a stream. I hate also how if someone donates $100, then no matter what they say he'll make it sound so funny and interesting, but if someone donates $5 it's like "hey, appreciate it man".

Maybe if he didn't have this ruthlessness and manipulative behaviour then he would never have made it to number #1.

Hushhhush
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hushhhush »

Used to be good, got obnoxious, producing videos just for the sake of it. Started as a gamer end up as a ranter. Stopped watching him. :FU:

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

His latest has Markiplier, JackSepticEye, KickThePJ and others appear in it.

Though his "no ideas" ironic videos have gotten really stale. I couldn't help but laugh at some parts with very juvenile jokes, especially with the other youtubers. I really wish he would end it here on a relatively good note, but I highly doubt it.

[youtube][/youtube]

jujubee1998
Learner
Learner

Post by jujubee1998 »

He tries so hard to be like Filthyfrank and Idubbbz with his new style of videos but he does not pull off their style of humor AT ALL. He just looks and sounds like a 12 year old boy trying to be provocative and edgy and its not good. :roll:
:love2: ~I don't care what you think about me, I don't think about you at all~ :love2:
- Coco chanel

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

tinyfeline wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Marzia is so pleasant. She seems like she'd be a chill pick for a girl's trip.

insomnia[c]
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by insomnia[c] »

I've subbed to him when he was under one milion subs and loved his content as stupid and silly as it was. But now I just sigh whenever I see a new video of him and don't even watch it as it is yet ANOTHER ironic video about try not to laugh challanges, having no ideas for new videos and so on. You can't even distinguish most of his videos from each other cause they all have the ironic title/thumbnail. He doesn't even try to be creative anymore.

Nikkibee72
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Nikkibee72 »

I think the WSJ disaster affected him more than he wants to let on. The setback was enormous and his career may never recover, may even be over though he's clinging to it for dear life. This lacklustre and all over the map output really seems like he does not know where to head next .
He's lost heart and nerve. I genuinely feel bad for the guy despite his continued cluelessness and money grubbing. I hope he has people who can offer real help and support in his life, not just Marzia and teenage YouTube commenters. He seemed really happy during the Iceland trip, so I hope he can turn it around.

Return to “pewdiepie”