The one thing I like about Michelle Phan

Eloquence
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The one thing I like about Michelle Phan

Post by Eloquence »

Is that all her looks are different. No matter how shitty or ugly they are/look, I do appreciate the fact that she doesn't have the same neutral eye makeup bullshit for every video she does. At least shes got some creativity in her.

What about you guys? Is there one certain thing you like about Michelle?

hiiiiii
Learner
Learner

Re: The one thing I like about Michelle Phan

Post by hiiiiii »

I have to agree, amidst all the other crap/annoying things about her, I do actually enjoy her actual makeup looks a lot! I think she is a lot more creative than the majority of the other "gurus'' who just do repeats of the same looks over and over and I do think she is quite talented. I just wish she made more videos and that they were more like how her older ones were (where she seemed so much more normal, down to earth, and calm, like she did tutorials for the fun of it, rather than seeming fake and sickly cheery like I find she does in some videos now)
~Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.~

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Her sugar scrub recipe <3

amie
Learner
Learner

Post by amie »

I like how she always has some sort of theme to her video, it makes it much more interesting to watch.

makeupguru.tv
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by makeupguru.tv »

I totally agree. She makes it very interesting and she styles her videos. I tend to find that she sets the trend or look and other gurus imitate her. She is also super creative and can do a huge range of looks not just party looks but day looks and costumes. Love it.

SAKI
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by SAKI »

IDK why people don't like her. She worked her way up. Unlike many gurus, she actually puts thought into her videos.

Only thing I don't like is how she got her chin done but trying to act like she didn't get surgery. It's mad obvious. Her chin is pointy now.

dumplings
Learner
Learner

Post by dumplings »

The only one thing I like about her: Her video editing skill.
"If you can't say anything nice about anybody, come sit by me."

jellybean
Learner
Learner

Post by jellybean »

I like her video style. She always has really good lighting.

HoneyBadger
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by HoneyBadger »

I like her because she did work her way up; from the bottom to the top. Somewhere in there there is a hard worker and creative person who seems to have been corrupted by fame. Back in the day her videos had energy to them and the makeup she did wasn't half bad; but as her views grew her quality diminished oddly enough. :?

CosmeticHorns
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CosmeticHorns »

I like how soothing her voice is. She shows you how to do it. She doesn't go too fast or too slow, and she gets the job done.

MakeupQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupQueen »

I love her voice. Makes me so relaxed

Daydream

Post by Daydream »

the way she edits her videos

detroithey6
Learner
Learner

Post by detroithey6 »

i always thought her video edting was pretty cool

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

She was my introduction to gurus/beauty shiz on YouTube. She taught me basics about how to apply eyeliner, the use of kitchen supplies as 'natural' beauty remedies, and MOST important of all she introduced me to Brush Guards and how to clean my brushes properly. Although sponsored, my brushes have never looked so good.

WheresMyGun
Learner
Learner

Post by WheresMyGun »

I like that she introduced me to beauty vids. Thanks to her bad technique I started searching better gurus and now I can watch them!

mYbeanieebun
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mYbeanieebun »

WheresMyGun wrote:I like that she introduced me to beauty vids. Thanks to her bad technique I started searching better gurus and now I can watch them!
SO TRUE ^_^ :love2:

khurmushka
Debater
Debater

Post by khurmushka »

That she indroduced to make up. I was such a noob at it!
Never used foundation or eyeshadows, or blush and bronzer...
She just got me in to it. That is for what I'm thankful :D

Fancy Fawn
Talker
Talker

Post by Fancy Fawn »

HoneyBadger wrote:I like her because she did work her way up; from the bottom to the top. Somewhere in there there is a hard worker and creative person who seems to have been corrupted by fame. Back in the day her videos had energy to them and the makeup she did wasn't half bad; but as her views grew her quality diminished oddly enough. :?
This paragraph just seems perfect to me. I completely agree. The one thing I like about her is that she did work her way up, she's achieved a lot for somebody her age.

ilikethis
Learner
Learner

Post by ilikethis »

I don't care for her videos but I respect her hustle. in a way I find it inspiring how she made it to "the top" of YouTube, she's the Justin bieber of the makeup scene. especially the fact that she's not ridiculously gorgeous or has a banging body, she represents your typical every day asian girl. it makes it feel that anything is possible and looks and money are not determant of your success. I'm referring more to the fact that she got there, not touching her questionable business decisions and endorsements bla bla bla.

Kirby
Learner
Learner

Post by Kirby »

WheresMyGun wrote:I like that she introduced me to beauty vids. Thanks to her bad technique I started searching better gurus and now I can watch them!
LOL :-D
Fancy Fawn wrote:
HoneyBadger wrote:I like her because she did work her way up; from the bottom to the top. Somewhere in there there is a hard worker and creative person who seems to have been corrupted by fame. Back in the day her videos had energy to them and the makeup she did wasn't half bad; but as her views grew her quality diminished oddly enough. :?
This paragraph just seems perfect to me. I completely agree. The one thing I like about her is that she did work her way up, she's achieved a lot for somebody her age.
I agree! Disregarding her negative aspects, she did start off as just a regular YouTuber. She was also the first beauty guru I watched; her Lady Gaga video "Poker Face" was the first video. It's not easy, but she did make it up there.

Return to “Michelle Phan”