Condos cost?

mimi
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Condos cost?

Post by mimi »

in the condos official video about the condos they said the owners could put condos together. think elle and blair plan to? i hope so, theres are so small for "luxury" living, imo. anyway, id love the services: housekeeping, dog walking, dry cleaning, laundry, someone to help you carry up your groceries. hotel living at its best (despite rather dull lifeless interior).

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

about blair and elle living a fancy life, remember that they actually spend little. they get most of it financed in exchange for the publicity. im even wondering if the condos came with a discount as they knew wed all find the place and be giving it publicity.

xoxo
Talker
Talker

Post by xoxo »

So the news is up that youtube is finally going to monetize some of their content. Apparently around half of the paid channels' revenue is going to be shared by partners. They've obviously been informed about this positive change in payments before the launch in news. Might be the reason for such bold decisions?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

xoxo wrote:So the news is up that youtube is finally going to monetize some of their content. Apparently around half of the paid channels' revenue is going to be shared by partners. They've obviously been informed about this positive change in payments before the launch in news. Might be the reason for such bold decisions?
What does that mean exactly? I'm not very good with money and financial terms. Could you explain in plain language, please?
imma ball til the day i fall

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Angie V wrote:
xoxo wrote:So the news is up that youtube is finally going to monetize some of their content. Apparently around half of the paid channels' revenue is going to be shared by partners. They've obviously been informed about this positive change in payments before the launch in news. Might be the reason for such bold decisions?
What does that mean exactly? I'm not very good with money and financial terms. Could you explain in plain language, please?
Basically because there's so many people using adblock, and google has to pay for the domain so they introduced 'pay to subscribe' for some of the bigger channels to see how it works out and if it does then they'll make it permanent and everyone will have to pay $2 a month to subscribe to channels they want to watch.

I'm not sure if it's a charge per channel or not though.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
Angie V wrote:
Basically because there's so many people using adblock, and google has to pay for the domain so they introduced 'pay to subscribe' for some of the bigger channels to see how it works out and if it does then they'll make it permanent and everyone will have to pay $2 a month to subscribe to channels they want to watch.

Thanks!
When is this going to happen? O_o I can't imagine this working out. I'd just stop watching. Youtube is definitely not something I'd ever pay for, it's more like a "I'm bored so I guess I'll watch this". Lol... especially imagine paying to see product advertisements from gurus. Yeah right.
imma ball til the day i fall

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

Angie V wrote:
Silver Rose 39 wrote: Basically because there's so many people using adblock, and google has to pay for the domain so they introduced 'pay to subscribe' for some of the bigger channels to see how it works out and if it does then they'll make it permanent and everyone will have to pay $2 a month to subscribe to channels they want to watch.

Thanks!
When is this going to happen? O_o I can't imagine this working out. I'd just stop watching. Youtube is definitely not something I'd ever pay for, it's more like a "I'm bored so I guess I'll watch this". Lol... especially imagine paying to see product advertisements from gurus. Yeah right.
I'm not sure, I'm also not sure how long the 'trial run' will last. It might happen the end of this week or it could be in 3 months (probably sooner rather than later though). It'll probably also be for a couple of weeks to see how it catches on. But generally when YT does a 'trial run' of something they make it permanent regardless of how people feel about it. I personally will unsubscribe from anyone I'd get charged to see and just check out their channels every few days to see if they've uploaded anything.

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

ive read reviews of the *removed*, very nice. not a family environment, though, with the clubbing, media frenzy, kim k and the like type must be seen-ers next door at the hotel. just thinking of elles future there as a mom. definately for the young or single set. anyway, its lovely and glam and good for them. im happy for them.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

I saw this one the news. I wish they would do it with guru channels because I'd axe watching any guru which is something I need to do because it makes me ill that I'm contributing in any way to these people's lifestyle. It would allow me to easily cut the cord. Bye bye gurus.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

I was really curious how much their condos would cost too. I live in Toronto and the condo that I am in (mind you we are renting) is pricey (not as nice or new as E&B condo, but you get the idea).

I thought 500K and up was a good guess, their place didn't look that large though. And weird that they didn't show the view from their balconies at all, I guess they don't want people knowing where they live.

missvalentine2
Lurker
Lurker

Post by missvalentine2 »

I am shocked that they ended up purchasing these units. They remind me of something you'd expect a successful bachelor who is only home 10 days out of the year to live in. The columns are distracting, the overall decor is very dark and they simply do not at all strike me as modern condo type girls. The neighborhood is horrendous. There is absolutely nothing glamourous about living in that part of hollywood. Well...maybe if you enjoy the company of hookers and struggling actors performing on the walk of fame.

magick-girl786
Talker
Talker

Post by magick-girl786 »

Does anyone know what apartment complex Elle and Blair used to live in? And what is the difference in location of their old apartment building to this new condo building?

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

magick-girl786 wrote:Does anyone know what apartment complex Elle and Blair used to live in? And what is the difference in location of their old apartment building to this new condo building?
Why are you posting this on every single topic? Isn't once enough.

lucyjj
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lucyjj »

Theirs looks a little bigger than this one so I think theirs was more like £550,000-£600,000

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/*removed*

Ginger1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ginger1 »

Their condos look pretty small - I'm in SoCal and the square footage is not outrageously more than my apartment, but the price is outrageously higher. They're obviously paying for location. At least they didn't buy something they couldn't afford though! Seems like they followed the advice of their parents or maybe a financial advisor.

I thought they said they were in the same building as their old apartment though? From what I can tell they aren't.

lipsticklushiousGG
Informer
Informer

Post by lipsticklushiousGG »

Their condos might be small by some standards, but they're actually a pretty good size. I think they said they were around 1700 sq ft. I have a house w/ 3 normal size bedrooms, a large sun room and an office and my house is only 1900 sq ft so they definitely have plenty of room for one person. I think they seems smaller because their closets/master bathrooms probably take up a nice chunk of the square footage.

Ginger1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ginger1 »

lipsticklushiousGG wrote:Their condos might be small by some standards, but they're actually a pretty good size. I think they said they were around 1700 sq ft. I have a house w/ 3 normal size bedrooms, a large sun room and an office and my house is only 1900 sq ft so they definitely have plenty of room for one person. I think they seems smaller because their closets/master bathrooms probably take up a nice chunk of the square footage.
No, I think they're a really nice size for one person, bigger than my shared apartment which I'm happy in. Not saying they're actually small. I just don't know if they're worth the price sq footage wise. I'm assuming the price is more for the location, the amenities, and I guess how "nice" they are, but I could be wrong. IMO they do look smaller on camera or because of the layout like you said. The square footage is actually a couple hundred more than my apartment, it just doesn't look like it.

I wouldn't guess that they're 1700sq ft: you have a nice sized house that's only 200 sq.ft more and it doesn't look like that would be the case from the tours to me, but they also tried not to show windows and stuff.

mimi
Talker
Talker

Post by mimi »

they are paying for the high security, the celebrities status (they party next door at the hotel and club), the pool, and the laundry service, conscierge. problably have to pay a condo fee for all that, but still, they are offered the service. the place and amenaties seem amazing! for the single hollywood type, that is. very luxourious.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

1700 sq feet? are you kidding me, no way the apartments in the house tours are that big! These are one bedroom and den apartments.

I currently live in about a one bedroom and den and it's under 800 square feet so I can gage how big their condos are approximately, it's say 1000 sq feet at most.

Ginger1
Debater
Debater

Post by Ginger1 »

smashthebox wrote:1700 sq feet? are you kidding me, no way the apartments in the house tours are that big! These are one bedroom and den apartments.

I currently live in about a one bedroom and den and it's under 800 square feet so I can gage how big their condos are approximately, it's say 1000 sq feet at most.
Exactly. My apartment is about 1000 sq ft and theirs don't look that much bigger at all. Mine actually has two full sized bedrooms and baths, a bigger patio, and one walk in closet while their second/guest bedrooms seem tiny. I have nice amenities too, but not in Hollywood and their complex seems newer/ more modern. For some reason I imagine these condos would be hard to sell, but idk. I didn't know they were at the W, so yeah they're paying for the name as well.

Return to “Elle & Blair”