Condos cost?

loggypoggy
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Condos cost?

Post by loggypoggy »

How much do you think their condos cost and where do you guys think they're located?

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Condos cost?

Post by prettylights92 »

idk but they could totes be filming some videos about moving shopping for furniture and what not. but i'm guessing it will never happen.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

i thought someone mentioned that they were buying condos in the same building as their apartments now. i didn't pay enough attention to elle's video to really know. it's roughly around the same price as how much they pay yearly for their apartment right now. unless of course they decide to go for the million+ condos.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

The same price that they pay yearly? Not sure I understand. If they pay, say, $5000/month for their apartment now, that will have a sale price of well over half a million in the real estate market of that area.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I assume it'll be $500,000 - $1,000,000 because of the location and we all know they have pretty expensive taste when it comes to living spaces.
imma ball til the day i fall

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Angie V wrote:I assume it'll be $500,000 - $1,000,000 because of the location and we all know they have pretty expensive taste when it comes to living spaces.
umm that guess is a little high...

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

byebyebye1 wrote:
Angie V wrote:I assume it'll be $500,000 - $1,000,000 because of the location and we all know they have pretty expensive taste when it comes to living spaces.
umm that guess is a little high...
Why? When my parents were buying their house a few years ago, they looked at condos near the suburbs of the city they live in and the lowest price was about $250,000. Elle and Blair I assume will be living in a more upscale location in LA, so $500,000 is probably on the low end. I guess since it's a buyer's market it might be lower but that would probably be the only reason.
imma ball til the day i fall

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

This is a photo that Elle instagram'd of Blair's new kitchen last night - if the rest of the apartment looks that nice/well made I would say that $500,000 is probably an accurate cost estimate, especially for LA.

I think that it's also important to keep in mind that it's not like they're paying for it all at once. While you can get a 10-15 year mortgage, the average length of a mortgage in the US is 30 years so they could be paying for it for awhile.

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

My husband and I are looking for a condo in west LA, and I'm sure our budget is much smaller, but if they are moving not far from where they are now near The Grove, it will be between 500-600k easy.

With 20% down (about 100k-120k) and a 30 year mortgage, they will be paying about 1800$ a month. Then plus HOA and property taxes which is 1.5% of the purchase price and insurance they are looking around 3500-4000$ a month. Which is still much cheaper than their rent at their current place.

Plus now they build equity and credit which is really important.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

scgirl212 wrote:With 20% down (about 100k-120k) and a 30 year mortgage, they will be paying about 1800$ a month. Then plus HOA and property taxes which is 1.5% of the purchase price and insurance they are looking around 3500-4000$ a month. Which is still much cheaper than their rent at their current place. Plus now they build equity and credit which is really important.
Wow, that is much cheaper than their current rent! Good for them for actually making a smart decision about their money!

jbee33
Talker
Talker

Post by jbee33 »

notahatergator wrote:
scgirl212 wrote:With 20% down (about 100k-120k) and a 30 year mortgage, they will be paying about 1800$ a month. Then plus HOA and property taxes which is 1.5% of the purchase price and insurance they are looking around 3500-4000$ a month. Which is still much cheaper than their rent at their current place. Plus now they build equity and credit which is really important.
Wow, that is much cheaper than their current rent! Good for them for actually making a smart decision about their money!
Not really cheaper, probably about the same they were paying for their apartment. Their apartment was around $6000 per month so split that in half is $3000 each to pay for rent.. so if they pay around $3000 for their condo then its the same as before just now they actually own the place!

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I don't understand what's going on in that picture. It looks like it's all storage space.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

fossilfinger wrote:I don't understand what's going on in that picture. It looks like it's all storage space.
My mum used to have a kitchen like that, where the fridge has a wooden door to match the kitchen, the bin is in a section on it's own in a cupboard type space etc. It makes the kitchen look much better because you don't have this big silver mixer sitting out somewhere, or a fridge in the middle of it etc.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Silver Rose 39 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:I don't understand what's going on in that picture. It looks like it's all storage space.
My mum used to have a kitchen like that, where the fridge has a wooden door to match the kitchen, the bin is in a section on it's own in a cupboard type space etc. It makes the kitchen look much better because you don't have this big silver mixer sitting out somewhere, or a fridge in the middle of it etc.
It's quite modern looking - I like it.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Haven't been here in forever but had to say that kitchen reminds me of American Psycho :toad:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/gallery/s ... m_kitchen/

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Maybe it looks better if you see the whole kitchen, but I have all stainless steel and I love it.

Krasavitsa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Krasavitsa »

Do you guys think it sounds like they are moving into the same place where Evelinacutza lives? Evelina has posted many photos of her new apartment on her IG and one of the ENTIRE walls is a huge window and based on the photos, it looks like its near the Grove. Also Elle IG'd that in her new condo, some of the walls are ENTIRE windows. Sounds too similar. Looks like they're not moving far!

lindsaaay920
Informer
Informer

Post by lindsaaay920 »

Well Elle tweeted that today she will be filming part of her condo tour. Hopefully she posts it live soon...I'm excited to see it. I do have to say though that I'm not super impressed by the picture Elle tweeted of the kitchen. It seems so dark and closed in. Elle's style (and blair's style too i guess, based off the most recent room tour) for the most part seems to be lots of light, and more elegant than modern and dark which is what the kitchens appear to be.

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

Wow, I was not impressed either. The kitchen looks cheap-y to me.

Liney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liney »

She's editing it now. I'm going to have to stay up until this video is posted even though I really want to go to bed, it better be up soon.

Edit: Damn, Blair's editing a tour video too!

Return to “Elle & Blair”