Amarixe

propeller
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amarixe

Post by propeller »

How does she not realize how stupid she looks when making these faces?

politicalpartygirl
Debater
Debater

Post by politicalpartygirl »

Not only was it all Covergirl products but her "inspiration" was Janelle Monae... the newest Covergirl. I'm calling Shenanigans.

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

How was this NOT sponsored by covergirl? This was like a long covergirl commercial. I'm so sick of gurus lying about this shit all the time, it's only getting worse. I think I'm officially done with Alison because she's the worst of them all to me. She does so many sponsored type videos and says they aren't sponsored & she acts like she is above everyone else because she doesn't do sponsored vids... wtf. I thought she was different but its obvious that the Alison we used to know is long gone. Now, she's just one of the same.

lalatraveler
Informer
Informer

Post by lalatraveler »

She's so boring now. You'd think with all the time on her hands not having a real job, she'd make some more interesting or original videos. I think she'll be done with youtube in 2 years. :?

skelterhelter
Learner
Learner

Post by skelterhelter »

I know this something everybody already figured out, but Checkinthemirror confirmed in her latest "Girls Night In" video that she was compensated for mentioning Michael Todd. So we can gather that Allison has indeed received payment but never disclosed such.
Take a sad song and make it better ~ The Beatles

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

i don't understand why it's so hard for gurus just to admit they were sent free products and they were paid to mentioned them. if it was me, i would mention these things then do an actual review. in fact, someone doesn't even need to say whether or not it's a good product. they can describe the product endlessly and let people make up their own decisions about it. but i just don't see why they can't just say it was for free. i know that the backlash first started from elle and blair when blair used to spit out BS videos (still do) just for the sake of money. it doesn't mean all gurus need to do that. these gurus have no mind of their own. i just don't understand why they follow in each other's footsteps. it doesn't benefit them. their viewership are only getting older and wiser. these young girls aren't going to be ignorant forever.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

skelterhelter wrote:I know this something everybody already figured out, but Checkinthemirror confirmed in her latest "Girls Night In" video that she was compensated for mentioning Michael Todd. So we can gather that Allison has indeed received payment but never disclosed such.
Michael Todd is one shady company. They probably told gurus not to disclose their payment. Some of these companies are just as dishonest as the guru's it's the perfect marriage.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

LOL true

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

clairebear wrote:Michael Todd is one shady company. They probably told gurus not to disclose their payment. Some of these companies are just as dishonest as the guru's it's the perfect marriage.
i don't think it's that. it's that michael todd pays big frame or whatever the name of the guru company to send free products to the gurus and give them a compensation for the mention of said free products in videos. but it's the management company that pays the gurus and not directly from michael todd. that's how the gurus get away with saying they aren't affiliated with the companies when they actually are but indirectly because of the management company.

but i'm pretty sure that ftc requires people to disclose whether the products are free and sent though. i'm not sure how they are getting around that bit.

propeller
Debater
Debater

Post by propeller »

I clicked an ad that was from Covergirl and it was a Grammy's makeup tutorial. When the video started, it was Allison's Grammy tutorial. I don't see why she doesn't disclose it.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Ill never get why these girls are not just up front about it. People will get annoyed by sponsered videos either way, but being honest about it gives people one less thing to gripe about. It makes it seem like they think their viewers are too dumb or naïve to notice which is insulting.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

It makes it seem like they think their viewers are too dumb or naïve to notice which is insulting.
They think it because it's true. They know they can get away with it because they know a huge chunk of their viewers are in elementary school and junior high. People that young usually don't read the description box.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

emmygues wrote:i don't understand why it's so hard for gurus just to admit they were sent free products and they were paid to mentioned them. if it was me, i would mention these things then do an actual review. in fact, someone doesn't even need to say whether or not it's a good product. they can describe the product endlessly and let people make up their own decisions about it. but i just don't see why they can't just say it was for free. i know that the backlash first started from elle and blair when blair used to spit out BS videos (still do) just for the sake of money. it doesn't mean all gurus need to do that. these gurus have no mind of their own. i just don't understand why they follow in each other's footsteps. it doesn't benefit them. their viewership are only getting older and wiser. these young girls aren't going to be ignorant forever.
When I realized beauty gurus were getting compensated and not mentioning this fact, I started to not enjoy watching videos as much as before. I miss the blissful days when bg seemed to be giving honest product reviews. Now I am on my "buyer beware" guard. I don't mind that they are making money. It's wonderful to turn a hobby into a business that can support you and your family. But disclose that you are getting paid and you got free product. Don't sit there in front of a camera and pretend to be a regular girl in yoiur bedroom. Young girls who watch these videos need to be told all the facts about the business of youtube.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

emmygues wrote:
clairebear wrote:Michael Todd is one shady company. They probably told gurus not to disclose their payment. Some of these companies are just as dishonest as the guru's it's the perfect marriage.
i don't think it's that. it's that michael todd pays big frame or whatever the name of the guru company to send free products to the gurus and give them a compensation for the mention of said free products in videos. but it's the management company that pays the gurus and not directly from michael todd. that's how the gurus get away with saying they aren't affiliated with the companies when they actually are but indirectly because of the management company.

but i'm pretty sure that ftc requires people to disclose whether the products are free and sent though. i'm not sure how they are getting around that bit.
I have a friend who is a guru and Michael Todd reached out to her directly. Guru's are cheap advertising to these companies and really if the company isn't honest the guru doesn't have to be either. These guru's know that they really are insignificant and the FTC isn't likely to spend their time going after them. I agree though they take every loophole they can like using their partners BigFrame and StyleHaul to do the dealing for them they think if it involved a middle men they don't have to disclose.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

In her recent video, she said she had been so busy this month, she has not been making videos. Busy doing what I wonder? Do these beauty gurus make so much money from their past videos that they don't have put out a lot of videos? Maybe some gurus have other jobs or sources of income they do not mention? Must be nice...

ShannonQT85
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ShannonQT85 »

ChanelMagic wrote:Do these beauty gurus make so much money from their past videos that they don't have put out a lot of videos? Maybe some gurus have other jobs or sources of income they do not mention? Must be nice...
Short answer is yes they make that much money they don't have to look for a "real" job beyond their videos to support themselves. That being said...maybe Allison also has her family still sending her money or paying for a bill or 2 but we'll never know that for sure. I just don't see how gurus like Allison (who aren't in school anymore and don't have a job) aren't absolutely bored to death sitting at home or just going shopping all day long. Even a part time job would at least give them something to do and allow for their youtube channel to continue, but I guess some just don't seem bothered by having all the free time they do....allows them to travel all the time (i.e. Ingrid, Fleur, Kayla, etc.)

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

[youtube][/youtube]

i was annoyed by this before even clicking on the video. that thumbnail is not funny or cute or quirky or anything.

simply describing products as "amazing" doesn't really do much. and i totally saw bethany in her when she said "oh. my. gosh. you guys." ugh.

top rated comments on the video (wonder how long it'll last since it's still early) made me laugh:
29 minutes ago
i wonder what beauty gurus do all day
Reply · 116
33 minutes ago
Everybody on YouTube does the same face for the thumbnails :p
Reply · 50

jean101
Informer
Informer

Post by jean101 »

ShannonQT85 wrote:
ChanelMagic wrote:Do these beauty gurus make so much money from their past videos that they don't have put out a lot of videos? Maybe some gurus have other jobs or sources of income they do not mention? Must be nice...
Short answer is yes they make that much money they don't have to look for a "real" job beyond their videos to support themselves. That being said...maybe Allison also has her family still sending her money or paying for a bill or 2 but we'll never know that for sure. I just don't see how gurus like Allison (who aren't in school anymore and don't have a job) aren't absolutely bored to death sitting at home or just going shopping all day long. Even a part time job would at least give them something to do and allow for their youtube channel to continue, but I guess some just don't seem bothered by having all the free time they do....allows them to travel all the time (i.e. Ingrid, Fleur, Kayla, etc.)
I agree, I would feel so bored and really unaccomplished. Living the life of being a " beauty youtuber" with no formal training and having to tell people that, when asked my profession would fill me with shame.

It's now that I understand why most don't have off camera friends because of the fact that they can't relate to anyone else but themselves, other people have day to day things going on in their lives whereas all they have is filming in isolation and going shopping.

Sure their holidays are fun conversations but their friends would be young to job industry and therefore probably can't afford constant holidays and who wants to listen to someone talk about how great their holiday is when you can't afford one?

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

i dont believe a word she says. "this month has been crazy busy". yeah, watching tv shows constantly really takes up a lot of time.

ElleNiks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ElleNiks »

The beauty gurus have actually inspired me to stay in law school. My fiancé has a great job and makes plenty of money, but I watch beauty gurus and realize how bored I would be if I didn’t finish law school and at least work part time. I would die of boredom!

Return to “Allison Anderson”