ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 3

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

chicgeek93 wrote:Honestly, who is she trying to fool with her latest Instagram picture? She's really going all out to try and convince everyone that she's thinner than she is. Embrace your size, don't try and fool everyone into thinking you're someone you're not.

I'm double posting, but this is what annoys me the most about Rachel. She goes on and on about fat shaming and "big girls can wear whatever they want, love your body" when it's SO OBVIOUS she doesn't want anyone to see how she really looks. We either see her from the shoulders up, or in some ridiculous mirror angle that makes her look six feet tall and skinny. Practice what you freaking preach, or drop the weight. I feel sorry for any plus sized girls that look up to her.

I really want to send her an anonymous message on tumblr and say that, but I don't think you can for her.

chicgeek93
Lurker
Lurker

Post by chicgeek93 »

Also sorry for the consecutive posting but I've wanted to say this for a while.

I was friends with Rachel back in middle/early high school through the Internet. If Rachel is reading this, she probably knows where from. We were fairly good friends, calling each other on the phone and texting each other all the time, giggling about boys and how everyone in our town sucked and how we wished we could meet in real life, that sort of thing. She was awesome and real and super sweet, and when she made it big, we didn't talk anymore (we both gravitated from the forum where we met on the Internet), but I was happy for her because I knew that she had a lot of potential to do something serious like this. She was a great writer and really knew how to make you love any character that she would write about, and I was really stoked that she gained this following on the Internet because I thought she would use her bubbly unique personality and great writing skills to propel her forward in her life.

I was wrong.

Sometime within the last year, she genuinely took a bad turn. I'm not sure what happened, but she started being rude and lashing out to her viewers, divulging too much information on the Internet, and just being much too abrasive for my taste. Where's the sweet girl I once knew who was genuinely appreciative of her followers and had a true love for writing, makeup/beauty, fashion, and herself? All of a sudden she became unhappy and yet continued with her Internet persona, most likely because it was comforting to have a following of people who loved her when she didn't love herself.

I continue to watch her videos hoping that I see a glimmer of her going back to her old self, maybe heading to the gym, finding styles that suit her body type, toning down her look, and becoming generally less abrasive. I get that her 'thing' is being sassy and edgy compared to other gurus, but it gets out of hand a LOT.

I wish that she would go back to the person she was, and see that she is genuinely a good person if she would just tone everything down a bit. I know a lot of people really like who she is right now, and that's great, but the people who knew her before her Internet persona are all genuinely shocked at how she acts now and wish that she would go back to the girl who was carefree and genuine.

Rachel, if you do read this, which is unlikely, you most likely know who I am or at the very least where I am from. The last time we talked was when you were moving into your first apartment with Chris and you were so happy and so excited and I was excited for you. I hope that you find solace in yourself and find happiness, because I know it's within you, but something is preventing you from finding the path.

PeriodDummy
Learner
Learner

Post by PeriodDummy »

beautifulwordsxo wrote:

Also, HOLY MIRROR angles in that pic. Are we 14? Is this MySpace? Does she really think we think she's that tall and thin?
Does she expect us to believe she actually has that body but those arms? :roll:

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

PeriodDummy wrote:
beautifulwordsxo wrote:

Also, HOLY MIRROR angles in that pic. Are we 14? Is this MySpace? Does she really think we think she's that tall and thin?
Does she expect us to believe she actually has that body but those arms? :roll:

haha, i was just going to comment it. you're not thin, despite what a mirror makes you look, if your arms have no definition.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

I'm blown away by how big her arms look in that picture.

5 minutes on the elliptical isn't a workout, Rach.

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

does anyone know what she's talking about ?? ^and to the person above, i think rachel is just a bitch to be completely honest, just in the beginning she was better at hiding it. sure, she's sweet at times, but some of the things she has done/said are completely out of line. i think her weight gain, losing friends, and being so attached to chris has made her bitter and she seems like such a terrible person to be around.. she exudes negativity, and if i were you, i'd be pretty damn happy i'm not her friend anymore
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

littleyellowspider
Learner
Learner

Post by littleyellowspider »

Can't wait to see what hideous bright fucking lipstick she chooses to go with a smokey eye.

cosmo
Learner
Learner

Post by cosmo »

I love that she's going on and on about how much work she's putting into the LFA video. Does she realize that there are tons of youtubers who put a lot of work into every video they put up? Also the eye makeup doesn't look that impressive but I'll save my judgement for the actual video.

urbandecaitlin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by urbandecaitlin »

Has anyone seen this comment on her Alaska tutorial? Hahaha, priceless!

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

Someone also said "literally no one else on YouTube can compare to your eyeshadow skills".

Clearly she's new.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

The girl who asked the question had someone thanking her for asking the question
So I guess Rachel's followers are realizing her imperfections!

xoxogossipguru
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by xoxogossipguru »

i thought the eye look was pretty and the editing of the video was nice.

knope2012
Informer
Informer

Post by knope2012 »

Her LFA tutorial was nothing special. It looks similar to every other tutorial she has done

beautybitch
Learner
Learner

Post by beautybitch »

my honest opinion, i really liked the tutorial and i thought it was pretty. i really do love rachel's eyeshadow skills when she actually puts forth the effort. and the video was very nicely put together, BUT, so many gurus put forth that effort into EVERY. SINGLE. VIDEO. rachel thinks she's coming so above the bar with this tutorial & that everyone should applaud her for how much grueling hard work she put into it, but why, when this is the hardest thing she's worked on in AGES?

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

The entire thing reeked of pretentiousness. I can't wait to see what other overrated YA tripe she puts into this "Bookmarked" series to make herself sound ~well-read~~. I would be happier if this was the sort of effort she put into every video, but no, she's going to go on and on and ON about how she worked SOOOO hard on this one vid and probably use it as an excuse to bum out on every other vid she does for the next few weeks. It's a nice look, but far too similar to most of her other looks. It's well-edited, but it's the average that is churned out by some other Youtubers every darn week. She is once again acting like she's doing a massive favour to her followers, and that immediately cancels out any praise she deserves for this video.

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

urbandecaitlin wrote:
Has anyone seen this comment on her Alaska tutorial? Hahaha, priceless!
LOL :D
that's hilarious

honestly though, I feel like the tutorial was nothing special and there is absolutely no way that took her 7 HOURS to edit, unless Rachel is taking 1 hour breaks to watch the vampire diaries and make macarons in between

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

double post(sorry) but here's some interesting comments on that video ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HazelGraceGus
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HazelGraceGus »

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I love Looking For Alaska. John Green is probably my favorite author, and LFA is one of my favorite books by him. So, when I heard about this tutorial, I was... hesitant. On one hand, I don't want Rachel to ruin one of my favorite books and have so many people be like "oh my god this is amazing you captured the book so well!!!!!", but I thought that maybe she might put more effort into this because she supposedly loves the book so much. The editing and stuff was cool, but not exactly original (and to be honest, seemed to me like the videos of the gurus Rachel always says she's not (you know, the "girly" ones)). The music was not exactly my cup of tea, but the lyrics fitted the book well, I guess. Onto the makeup itself: It was, as Rachel would say, basic as shit. I mean, come on?? We've seen like 50 tutorials exactly like that from you before, and we're supposed to think this one is special and you took so long coming up with it just because you like the book??
I am so done with her, seriously.

On a side note, does anyone know if she actually watches the vlogbrothers? I'm just curious. Also, she called Supernatural shit. Nope. The (nonexistent) "respect" I had for her just went straight out of the window. You can hate a show all you like, but do not call a show that is as well written and well acted as Supernatural shit when you are obsessed with the Vampire Diaries or whatever. Ok, rant over.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

Is it just me, or does her skin look super congested in her Looking for Alaska tutorial?

hardlythere
Informer
Informer

Post by hardlythere »

KCM3 wrote:
molticolori wrote: Everyone and their cousin where I live want to move to either Seattle or Portland. Both cities have an extremely popular underground/indie culture following. Hipster central. Laughing that she thinks Pennsylvania is really expensive COMPARED TO SEATTLE, SHE'S DELUSIONAL. She hasn't even traveled, how should she know anyway? Pennsylvania is actually inexpensive compared to most places in the NE. (RI, NY, NJ, CT, etc.).

Sorry to backtrack but NY, NJ, and PA are definitely NOT in New England. I'm from MA and it pisses me off when people say that, because NE has a certain type of feel that doesn't fit in with NY, NJ, or PA.
She meant Northeast not New England ><

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”