BeautyGirl
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LanaIndiana

Post by BeautyGirl »

https://www.youtube.com/user/lanaindiana

Part of her appeal to me is that she's much older and to me she's a glamorous grandmother. I think that's how I'd want to be as a grandma. She's very funny and can easily make fun of herself. She hasn't posted a video in six or so months because her husband got very sick with cancer and passed away. But I think she will be back.

LovePotion009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lanaindiana

Post by LovePotion009 »

LanaIndiana recently made a video of her in her home in Florida. She says her husband made sure she had it after he passed, but she says she is selling it and buying a home in Northern California near her family. It is listed with a realtor and it shows it is being sold as a short sale. The info on it says it has been on the market for 791 days. I think this means the bank was about to take it. Is anyone familiar with short sales?

Here is her video on her vlog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmqkNAHV ... e=youtu.be

Here is the house listing http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/551-O ... 3201_zpid/

LovePotion009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: LanaIndiana

Post by LovePotion009 »

Opps I just saw that I said she plans to buy a home in Northern California...What I meant to say was NORtHErN FLORIDA!

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Thank you for the update LovePotion. The video was really sad to watch.

frigidbitch
Debater
Debater

Post by frigidbitch »

I suspect she's in exactly the same boat as 3/4 of america right now, that the house has depreciated SO much over the last 5 years, that she's upside down on it. Thus, the bank will agree to sell it at fair market value, and eat the loss. Many banks have been forced to do this because so many of the houses were grossly appreciated from 03-08 and were sold for amounts that they never should have been.

To avoid people just walking away from their homes and leaving the bank to foreclose, they are agreeing to short sales. I suspect this is very likely the case in her house.

My heart just breaks for her. She still has SO much pain in her voice. I lost my mother to cancer a few years ago, and that was hard enough to watch happen. I can't imagine watching my husband go through that. So painful :(

mirage
Informer
Informer

Post by mirage »

OK, we got to discussing one thing an dthe next on LisaLisaD1 thread and Lana came up in regard to some stuff. The big question for me is why did she write in her blog that she did not know how to be a widow, when her first Husband committed suicide.

I would have thought this would be too delicate at this time to discuss any of this, but she herself seems to have moved on a bit with that purchase of her dream car as she blogged and the fact that she wants/is considering to date again... (so soon?!?!)

Don't want to judge at all as I have not been throough what she has - just some things don't add up. Namely this one about Izzzy that Moonpie brought to our attention. She has found a link where Lana writes that The Chinese Crested dog she purchased is perfect - when we were all told over and over and over that Izzy was a rescue dog - what's the truth? Is there another Chinese Crested? She only showed Paris and Izzy right?

Bottom half of the page for the prior discussion... and links.

http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=800
ImageImageImageImage

mirage
Informer
Informer

Post by mirage »

Alright, I may have discovered the mix up re being a widow before. Turns out she was divorced from her first husband for 20 some years and he had shot himself in April of the year she made the video, RIP. So, that's that answered.

Around the 3:00 minute mark::

[youtube][/youtube]
ImageImageImageImage

mirage
Informer
Informer

Post by mirage »

Hiya sippy, to your question of:

I used to watch Lana a long time ago. I kind of lost track of her there for a while. I was sorry to hear that her husband had died. I know he was sick for a while. Is she making videos again?

I read in her blog (that I only read when I remember to lol...) that she has started her vids. I have yet to watch them. Don't really know why TBH. It seems to me that her Husband's passing away has shocked or rattled even me and I had zero connection other than to wish them well and a recovery. God had other plans.
ImageImageImageImage

sippy

Post by sippy »

I'm going to read this thread and catch myself up! I've looked for one before and haven't been able to find it. Thanks for pointing me the way! <3

sippy

Post by sippy »

Okay. I watched the video she made in October, after her husband passed away. That was so sad. You could just hear in her voice how heartbroken she was. I know it's painful to move on like that after someone you love dies...it sounded like they had a lot of memories in that house, too.

But I was so confused by the ending part of the video! What was that? Was she doing a give-away or something with the earrings? I do remember when I used to watch her videos a while back that she was one of those people who was a little "all over the place" but that was just weird. The music was very haunting, however. Does anyone else understand what she was trying to say with that ending, or am I way off the mark??? Sooooo confused...

mirage
Informer
Informer

Post by mirage »

I'll need to watch it and get back =D
ImageImageImageImage

PAGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by PAGirl »

I just don't understand this post on her blog. Yes, she's a widow. Yes, she's entitled to find love after losing her husband. But why would you start posting stuff like this on your blog a mere four months after losing your husband? To me, it sounds narcissistic and self-absorbed. I know that I'm a private person, and that it might be coloring my attitude. But I just can fathom why she would put this out there at this time.

Here are excerpts from her post... Yes, Lana, I'm sure your husband would (in your words) 'Hate all of this."

I was asked out 3 times this week!

I was in the grocery store. (The grocery stores down here are much prettier happier places than in Indiana)
An attractive gentleman in Dr. scrubs came up next to me as I stood pondering to my self what the difference was between a Burrito Kit and a Taco Kit in the salsa aisle.
He said, "If you don't feel like cooking it, there is a fun Mexican restaurant down the street if you'd like to go. We can leave our carts here and escape to Mexico for an hour or perhaps you prefer the real thing?"

What?
Are you talking to me?

I just avoided his eyes and mumbled some dumb thing. Muttering as I pushed my cart away scrambling to move away, hoping I wouldn't blurt out some idiotic sentence to embarrass myself.
On to frozen foods....
As I reached in to grab a bag of frozen peas,
Same Dr. Same blue eyes asked if I was following him.
Was he flirting with me?

Ha.
Me? Me, I asked? Surely not.
I am dead inside. I have no more to give or get.
Or do I?
It's far too soon and I will investigate this phenomena further but now is not the time.

The 2nd time I was a bit more prepared but just as shocked.
To date again?
Go over all of life's history with a stranger? What's your sign? What do you do? Favorite movies? Ugh
All of that malarkey. Sounds exhausting.

The 3rd time I had to laugh to my self for hours after. He was 25 years old, cute as a button but as I told him....
I have SHOES older than he is!

My husband would hate all of this. He insured I would never have to depend on a man to care for me.
My place is by his side for all eternity. I can and will grasp for that elusive happy where and when I can get it but for now not in the form of a "Date"
Maybe Later.
I'm still finding myself.

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: LANAINDIANA

Post by Lorelei »

I love Lana):
I think about her everyday, I'm so worried about her.
Her & Henry are soulmates.
):
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

frigidbitch
Debater
Debater

Post by frigidbitch »

I don't see anything wrong with her posting about her experiences. She's grieving and working through her feelings. I'm going to imagine she's very conflicted with missing her husband terribly, yet yearning to be a partner to somebody again. I've never been a widow, so I can't speak from experience, but she's not out partying and going on multiple dates.... she's talking about being asked out, and sometimes, things like that can make a girl feel good, especially when your heart has been ripped out of your body and stomped into the ground.

Like she said in her blog after he died, her friend told her to be careful, EVERYONE would be judging her in the months to come, and you certainly confirmed that.

I just think she's been through hell, and perhaps we shouldn't cast stones about how she handles things until we've been in your shoes. Watching somebody die from cancer fucking sucks, I nursed my mother until she took her last breath, I can't imagine going through it with my husband. I refuse to judge anything she does... as I imagine everything she does is an attempt to make her feel better, and she deserves to feel better.

Post by Guest »

Hi you guys!! lurked here a long time before registering..

I hope Lana is ok.. I miss her

classicbeauty
Learner
Learner

Post by classicbeauty »

Lana is back! She just posted a video yesterday.

Honorary Melissa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Honorary Melissa »

What happened to her voice? :|

Morgendorffer
Talker
Talker