Macbarbie07 General Thread

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macbarbie07 General Thread

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

I wonder if she would still make youtube videos even if her outside businesses (Aero, red carpet gigs, etc) start really picking up and becoming more frequent? I was watching a Phillip Defranco vlog/video recently and he was talking about how when youtubers try to leave youtube for other endeavors and then come back they never fully recover their subscription numbers. He specifically mentioned Fred and something about Shane Dawson, but from the beauty community Fafinettex3 is a good example. As well as Elle and Blair - they haven't left completely but their infrequent uploading schedule has definitely caused a shift in their popularity in the community. Point being, there definitely seems to be at least a little truth to his words.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

blameitonthealtitude wrote:I wonder if she would still make youtube videos even if her outside businesses (Aero, red carpet gigs, etc) start really picking up and becoming more frequent? I was watching a Phillip Defranco vlog/video recently and he was talking about how when youtubers try to leave youtube for other endeavors and then come back they never fully recover their subscription numbers. He specifically mentioned Fred and something about Shane Dawson, but from the beauty community Fafinettex3 is a good example. As well as Elle and Blair - they haven't left completely but their infrequent uploading schedule has definitely caused a shift in their popularity in the community. Point being, there definitely seems to be at least a little truth to his words.
Good point. that is something I noticed too. It's a huge risk to try to break away from youtube and start a real career because that would mean less time for video making, therefore you start to lose relevency during that time off. I'm sure Bethany has a team of people working behind her thinking of video ideas. So far with her clothing line, she has still been uploading on schedule.

haairspray
Lurker
Lurker

Post by haairspray »

(this is just my opinion! not meant to be taken badly or anything) I noticed that people are pointing out her "cutesy" personality. I mean, yes she is old enough to mature, but what if that IS her real personality? I used to have a friend who shared Bethany's personality. We were best friends until she had to move, but that was literally her personality despite her age. Still, even if she's acting cutesy to appeal to her young audience, that's still a smart move in the business. Pre-teens would be her target audience, so she might as well relate to them. I remember acting like her when I was going through that stage.
I guess some people are different.
I'm really happy for Bethany and her success! Bethany is getting pretty well known compared to when I last saw her. Especially since she now has her own tour bus.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^thats not her real personality. Go watch her first vides if you want to see her real personality.

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clandestine »

Username wrote:^thats not her real personality. Go watch her first vides if you want to see her real personality.
:roll: This is such a silly thing to say. Her first videos were FOUR years ago. People change a lot in four years. Especially if you consider that four years ago she was 13/14 and still very young. Is your personality still the same as it was when you were 13/14? I know mine sure isn't.

winterwinds
Talker
Talker

Post by winterwinds »

clandestine wrote:
Username wrote:^thats not her real personality. Go watch her first vides if you want to see her real personality.
:roll: This is such a silly thing to say. Her first videos were FOUR years ago. People change a lot in four years. Especially if you consider that four years ago she was 13/14 and still very young. Is your personality still the same as it was when you were 13/14? I know mine sure isn't.
Exactly. And you could argue that the more comfortable she became with making videos, the more her personality came out. None of us can really know for sure unless we know her in person.

Post by Guest »

I don't even think her personality is that bad tbh. She just seems cute and bubbly to me. I'd rather be around that than some depressed mess. She seems nice too, which is way better than all these ~snarky bitches that need to get the hell of Tumblr.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

When was she in teen vogue? I don't follow any of her social media accounts so I miss a lot of stuff haha

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

hereiamagain wrote:This picture from her Teen Vogue shoot makes her look like a drug addict. Do not like.
She kinda looks like Vanessa Hudgens!

Number_9
Informer
Informer

Post by Number_9 »

I got an aeropostale invite from a girl I know and she was in it here are her two parts.
"You can't just slap SnK's OP onto everything."

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

She's definitely not model material, that's for sure.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

clandestine wrote:
:roll: This is such a silly thing to say. Her first videos were FOUR years ago. People change a lot in four years. Especially if you consider that four years ago she was 13/14 and still very young.
she acted normally just 2 years ago (when she was 16) before she became super popular. She certainly wasn't camera shy at the time when she still had a relatively large following. (100-300k views per video)

I've been watching her since she started making videos. She didn't start doing the immature, cutesy act until she exploded in popularity around early 2012.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

She'll continue doing that act as long as her viewers love it. That way of acting means money. It works for her. I think it is in part her real personality but she really turns it up for the camera. In reality, I think she is mature and serious about most things. What stuck out to me was in that interview where she said she only wanted things on her channel that felt organic. She doesn't even use words as big as organic on her channel and it's not that big of a word. I think she's really smart but just shows a cutesy side of herself on camera.

hi_bye
Debater
Debater

Post by hi_bye »

Number_9 wrote:Image
I got an aeropostale invite from a girl I know and she was in it here are her two parts.
My friend said it was (maybe still is ?) crazy with all the people.

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

I used to watch Bethany a couple years ago but stopped. Just started watched again and I missed it! She is pretty creative with her videos and her positivity really makes it better!

Rafi
Debater
Debater

Post by Rafi »

I don't really watch her videos but I like her. She seems to like YouTube and care about it while a lot of others stopped putting much effort into their channels. I'm glad she's trying to become even more successful with this Aero deal. Her personality is childish but that is what makes her channel successful because her audience likes that. She'll grow out of it eventually.

Rafi
Debater
Debater

Post by Rafi »

Double posting but that picture she took for Teen Vogue... Maybe it's the combination of her facial expression, not much going on in the background, and the fact it looks a bit like an Instagram filter.

girlwithopinionsokay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by girlwithopinionsokay »

Those pics dont really look like the bethany we know cause teen vogue always makes their photos look editorial. DUH.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I think she is very pretty girl, but in the youtube react videos.... she isn't. I do not know what is happening, bad angle? Bad make-up? I seriously didn't regonize her first.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

kpgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by kpgirl »

Is it just me or she didn't promote some stuff to her spring clothing line she mention she would?
http://m.etonline.com/fashion/143057_Be ... hing_Line/
In this video she mention a army green top, wedges, and a bralette+skirt set which I haven't seen in the store (yeah I went to aero today to check out her line)

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”