Jennifer Lawrence

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I think she's exactly like Kristen Stewart, yet people hate Kristen and love Jennifer. Hmmm

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

OhOhSheeiila wrote:Like I said before, I'm sure the media doesn't help with the whole "shoved in your face" aspect of her "down to earth-ness".

This topic is pretty subjective. It's just that little aspect of her that I, personally, don't care for. I'm sure it'll tone down as Hollywood gets over the hype (not that she's not worth the hype, but there's always a "new girl").

I guess it's like a Bruno Mars song that gets overplayed on the radio, you just get tired of hearing it everywhere you go. lol
Haha yeah, I get what you mean. Or One Direction. :P This is one of the few "mainstream" trends I seem to like.
BrunetteBarbie wrote:I think she's exactly like Kristen Stewart, yet people hate Kristen and love Jennifer. Hmmm
Hmm.. I'd say it's acting roles. I actually quite liked Kristen when I saw her in a few roles before she did Twilight, but after that I wasn't so keen. I really hated all the shit she got for cheating on Rob with that guy, not because what she did wasn't wrong but because if she was a man then no one would have gave it as much of a second look. I think her acting just kind of went downhill and became bland, and she doesn't seem to have much personality, whereas Jennifer does and as noted here - some people reckon she overdoes it. I suppose overdoing it comes across better as seeming to not have any at all. I know that Twilight is often compared to THG, but they don't really have that much in common besides genre and one storyline (that really isn't as silly as the whole necrophilia vs bestiality thing :roll:) and that THG is a lot better written IMO. I don't really know, just my take on it. Props to Kristen for having to present an award at the Oscars with her injury though! If it wasn't for the Oscars, I don't think I would have bothered. :P

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

Jennifer definitely has talent, it's just the reason she's being over publicized is similar to why Kristen was at first (now it's just because she's a homewrecker). But again, that's also why a lot of people (like me) think she's way too overshown. She's all you hear about and all we will hear about for the next few years. "Jennifer Lawerence...pregnant?""Jennifer Lawerence has a new boyfriend!""Jennifer Lawerence took a shit!" I mean...yeah.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

Kristen's films before twilight were not that bad, I think, but yeah shes not amazing or anything. And her 'affair' was so obviously a publicity stunt :|

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

BrunetteBarbie wrote:Kristen's films before twilight were not that bad, I think, but yeah shes not amazing or anything. And her 'affair' was so obviously a publicity stunt :|
I don't understand why they would do that. It's such negative publicity, it's bad for her image, isn't it? I know they say all press is good press but I don't really think that's true.
imma ball til the day i fall

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by urmotherwasahamster »

I like her the best in Silver Lining.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Annnnd I just had a dream that Jennifer Lawrence was my girlfriend. I blame this thread.

StrawberryShake
Talker
Talker

Post by StrawberryShake »

I must say. I really like Jennifer Lawrence. I read the first book of "The Hunger Games," and I saw the movie. I plan on reading the rest, and seeing "Catching Fire." It's been the only YA fiction novels turned to movie series I actually liked. (I saw all, but the last "Twilight" and thought they were okay, but nothing special. I read the first Harry Porter, and didn't care about anything else in the franchise).

I think she's very attractive and she has a banging body. I do like that she doesn't care to be a size 0, and she actually has a fun personality. I will admit like others have said, yeah, it's annoying how the teenyboppers on tumblr are being annoying about her. Then, again when are people on tumblr NOT annoying? :|

I don't think she'll be typecast as Katniss forever, though that's what at first I kind of thought about Jennifer, but not in a negative way. Kristen Stewart and Emma Watson both seem more type casted than her, and unlike them, I could see Jennifer still being an actress into her 30s. Kristen I think will just fade out, and Emma will just play the slutty girlfriend in some drama movie, or end up in Maxim. (Wait, didn't she already do that?) I feel people just like Emma more because she's skinny and shows more skin and is shedding away her cute, bookish, Hermoine image.

I don't see WHY people are so judging of her weight. I mean, Jennifer, Kristen and Emma are all varying degrees of skinny. Jennifer is just more thin/curvy with assets. Kristen is thin up and down, and Emma is just skinny. I think Kristen and Emma are pretty, too. They just don't do it for me, and Kristen needs to show more emotion. (Well, no shit).

BTW, Jennifer was decent on "The Bill Engvall Show" a comedy with blue collar comedian Bill Engvall. I mean, it's no "Roseanne," but it was cute and funny at times. She was about 18 back then. If you want to check it out, most of the vids are on youtube.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

I like her an an actress & as a person, but I don't like that she has that special snowflake syndrome. I believe she once said "I'll be the only actress who doesn't have anorexia rumors" -- really? THE ONLY?. It's fine to be proud but to think you're the ONLY ONE (aka special snowflake) just... ugh. no.
:horny: :halo:

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

She makes me question my homosexuality.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

She is one old looking early twenty something. I think she looks closer to 33 than 23.

I don't get the hype.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

bloopz wrote:I like her an an actress & as a person, but I don't like that she has that special snowflake syndrome. I believe she once said "I'll be the only actress who doesn't have anorexia rumors" -- really? THE ONLY?. It's fine to be proud but to think you're the ONLY ONE (aka special snowflake) just... ugh. no.
this is so offensive
1) she's mentioned before that in hollywood shes considered a "fat actress". Ummm pretty sure no one has said that.
2) Because she thinks shes considered fat by Hollywood standards, she won't have anorexia rumors. Because only skinny people can have anorexia clearly /sarcasm

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I think if she was really proud of her 'real' body then she would be more adamant about not having her photos retouched to make her look slimmer. She's another person who fakes wanting to seem relatable but is just enough out of reach so that she seems like this amazing person who is admired by thousands of girls. It reminds me of Michelle phan "omg you guys i created this makeup line for real girls and i'm just like you! oh by the way i'm off to paris now to live my fairytale!"

give me a break.
imma ball til the day i fall

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

well wait idk wrote:can she stop trying so hard
jesus

http://www.gossipcop.com/jennifer-lawre ... bazaar-uk/
Other than the Cheez-its thing, I didn't think it was too try-hard really.

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

I really don't understand why people are so into her personality. Sure, she's funny and nice, but so are a lot of other celebrities. It also bothers me that she calls herself fat. She's not, and I'm sure she knows it. I've also seen interviews of her saying, "Real women have curves, blah blah blah, I love cheeseburgers and girls shouldn't be ashamed if they do too, blah blah blah, I eat ice cream, blah blah blah," which is always a turn off for me. I think everything about her is really over-hyped. She's a very good actress, though, and I like watching the movies she's in.

MzToothache
Learner
Learner

Post by MzToothache »

Jennifer Lawrence doesn't seem curvy to me. I would think she had a more athletic build to her. I mean, you can sway your hips to the side, and push out your breasts and your butt, but that doesn't make you curvy. And anyone who thinks this girl is fat is beyond delusional, even herself if she thinks she is. But I like her.

Dahlia
Debater
Debater

Post by Dahlia »

I have a complete girl crush on her.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

As1014
Informer
Informer

Post by As1014 »

I like that she's not afraid to always be herself but I find her annoying when she's doing interviews.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

She have said - real woman have curves?.

Idiot
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

Return to “Celebrity”