Jennifer Lawrence

BrinnieThePooh
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by BrinnieThePooh »

I absolutely adore her. She's so down to earth, hilarious, and genuine. I've seen her in The Poker House, The Hunger Games, and I feel like one other movie... But she's just great. But different people, different boats I guess. :)

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

I thought the hunger games were alright a little better than twilight but under harry potter (even though I prefer twilight I can admit harry potter are the better movies). I want to see silver lining playbook not bc she is in it but because it looks good. I don't get the hype around her why everyone loves her because she's "normal". Just another celebrity that I could care less about.

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

All hype, the media decides who the next it girl is and shove the individual down everyones throat through praise which... is likely deserved, but not to the extent given more times then not. People buy into it and all of a sudden everyone *loves her* and thinks she is an amazing actress, the best, etc etc.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I first saw her when I watched The Poker House in college and loved her immediately. She wasn't "the it girl" at that point, so there was really nothing about her online or on the news or anything. But then when I started hearing more about her I knew she was going to break out. But I think people really underestimate her. Everyone keeps talking about how she's going to fade away, or just be another Kristen Stewart (gag me)...but this girl was already an Award-Winning actress before The Hunger Games was even written. I think The Poker House and Winter's Bone are two of the most outstanding performances I've ever see. Seriously, if you haven't seen them, do it now. House at the End of the Street was good, for what it was. I think it would have been a monumental failure if they hadn't cast her, though. I didn't particularly care for Silver Linings Playbook (I cannot stand Bradley Cooper), but Jennifer was hilarious and crazy and I loved her in it. It's hard for actors and actresses--even some of the best--to convince me that they are the character that they're playing. Angelina Jolie is always Angelina Jolie. Johnny Depp is always Johnny Depp. Kristen Stewart, Emma Watson, Channing Tatum...same thing. But Jennifer Lawrence is one of the few that I can actually see as the character, not just as herself. She absolutely has talent as far as I'm concerned.

And I don't think she's ditzy or awkward...I think she's just real. I'm hate watching interviews where all of the actors and actresses are talking like they're reading directly from a script every time they open their mouths. I love Jennifer's personality for the same reason I love Melissa McCarthy's...they're honest and they're funny. I love that they just say what they're thinking instead of what they're "supposed" to be saying.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Agreed with the above post. All of you saying she'll fade out, don't seem to realise she was Oscar-nominated BEFORE The Hunger Games.

And @Affi, ditzy doesn't equal stupid. I'm a lot like her, saying the wrong things at the wrong time/clumsy etc, in public but it is just a part of how I am around people. But my grade card says very different from "stupid". A lot of other people can say the same thing.

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

I'm not saying she will fade out I know she is an Oscar winner, I don't hate her I just don't see why everyone is obssessed with her on twitter, pinterest, tumblr ect. She's a good actor but I guess I just don't get into the celebrity hype.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

DarthCassie wrote:I'm not saying she will fade out I know she is an Oscar winner, I don't hate her I just don't see why everyone is obssessed with her on twitter, pinterest, tumblr ect. She's a good actor but I guess I just don't get into the celebrity hype.
The people that are obsessed with her on those sites probably are obsessed with her mostly because of the Hunger Games.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I don't use Twitter or Tumblr, so I don't know what her fanbase over there is like...but I don't recall seeing much of her at all on Pinterest? As for the others...you're probably catching the younger girls who tend to go bonkers every time the next big thing comes up. Remember how they all went batshit crazy over Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart? One Direction? Justin Beiber? Jennifer got the role in a highly anticipated movie for teens and young adults, so that same audience is currently obsessed with her. As far as that is concerned...it's less about her and more about the hype. The Hunger Games is the next big thing, so these kids are going to obsess about Jennifer the same way they obsessed about every "big thing" that came before her.

vietnamese
Learner
Learner

Post by vietnamese »

Guh, imgur's obsession with her as their representative quirky girl is tedious.

nicheee
Talker
Talker

Post by nicheee »

DarthCassie wrote:I'm not saying she will fade out I know she is an Oscar winner, I don't hate her I just don't see why everyone is obssessed with her on twitter, pinterest, tumblr ect. She's a good actor but I guess I just don't get into the celebrity hype.
I don't get the obsession with her either. Especially tumblr's obsession with her. Every other thing is a gifset about how "she's a normal gurl like us, omgzzzz." it's a little weird :| I don't hate her but I'm getting tired of her very quickly.

Kandake
Informer
Informer

Post by Kandake »

omg Jennifer Lawrence said she lykes 2 eat omg I lyke to eat 2 she's so down to earth <33

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

Maybe Jennifer always talks about food is because in the Hollywood industry you have to look good and eating = fat? (I don't think that way by the way.) I bet a lot of celebrities don't eat much so they can stay thin, but Jennifer is probably like, "Fuck that! I eat what I want!" This is just what I think. I don't blame her, I'd eat whatever too if I was a celebrity. Lol

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I think it was in an interview at some point, she got angry with the interviewer because he enquired about her weight and if she had lost any, or something like that. People constantly call her fat because she isn't stick thin. I think her figure is the ideal, to be honest.
Kandake wrote:omg Jennifer Lawrence said she lykes 2 eat omg I lyke to eat 2 she's so down to earth <33
Yeah, those types are real mature.

I understand that the tweens on Tumblr etc. kind of ruin her a bit, but they do that with *everything*. That's a problem with Tumblr, not a problem with Jennifer. Doesn't take away from how well she can act or what a great role model she is. But yeah, if I had a penny for every time 13 year olds ruined my favourite things for me... :roll:

Affi
Informer
Informer

Post by Affi »

HattieChaos wrote:Agreed with the above post. All of you saying she'll fade out, don't seem to realise she was Oscar-nominated BEFORE The Hunger Games.

And @Affi, ditzy doesn't equal stupid. I'm a lot like her, saying the wrong things at the wrong time/clumsy etc, in public but it is just a part of how I am around people. But my grade card says very different from "stupid". A lot of other people can say the same thing.
I didn't say it was the same thing.

dudewtf
Informer
Informer

Post by dudewtf »

I love her, I think she's so funny and she's so entertaining. I love how she's a bit informal and likes to keep things light and make jokes in interviews and stuff.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Affi wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:Agreed with the above post. All of you saying she'll fade out, don't seem to realise she was Oscar-nominated BEFORE The Hunger Games.

"Stupidity is no excuse for some of the bull she comes out with" implies that her ditzy way of undergoing interviews and some of the silly things she comes out with equates stupidity. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way though. I don't really know where you're getting the idea of her being unintelligent - she has called herself vastly uneducated before but idrk where else you're getting that impression from. She comes across as smart to me, in the interviews where she's more settled down and serious.

Affi
Informer
Informer

Post by Affi »

HattieChaos wrote:
Affi wrote:

"Stupidity is no excuse for some of the bull she comes out with" implies that her ditzy way of undergoing interviews and some of the silly things she comes out with equates stupidity. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way though. I don't really know where you're getting the idea of her being unintelligent - she has called herself vastly uneducated before but idrk where else you're getting that impression from. She comes across as smart to me, in the interviews where she's more settled down and serious.
I was saying that even if she was stupid and not just ditzy, it still wouldn't be an excuse for some of the things she says. I have not said she's unintelligent.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I find her irritating. I haven't seen any of the movies she's in, so I don't know what she's like as an actress, but personality-wise she's not my cup of tea.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Affi wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:"Stupidity is no excuse for some of the bull she comes out with" implies that her ditzy way of undergoing interviews and some of the silly things she comes out with equates stupidity. Sorry if you didn't mean it that way though. I don't really know where you're getting the idea of her being unintelligent - she has called herself vastly uneducated before but idrk where else you're getting that impression from. She comes across as smart to me, in the interviews where she's more settled down and serious.
I was saying that even if she was stupid and not just ditzy, it still wouldn't be an excuse for some of the things she says. I have not said she's unintelligent.
Fair enough - it just sounded as if you were calling her stupid. Sorry if that wasn't the case! :oops:

Guestx15
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Guestx15 »

At first, I really liked her. Lately though, she's quickly becoming overrated imo and her face being everywhere is really annoying.

Return to “Celebrity”