Freelea/30 bananas a day

MotherRussia
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Freelea/30 bananas a day

Post by MotherRussia »

I don't like Freelee or Durian Rider, but it's about time someone stood up to Kayla where she couldn't immediately block and delete the comment. Kayla's nutrition guide (having bought it myself), IS archaic and restrictive. It's totally the kind of guide that would encourage body image issues. I spoke to another Adelaide personal trainer (Josh Mitise) about this months ago. Not all people who do Kayla's guide get the results she claims they will, even if they stick to the guides 100%. She's a fraud. I'm glad it has been brought to the media's attention, even if I don't like the people doing the bringing.

xmeljayne
Debater
Debater

Post by xmeljayne »

Nergregga wrote:Why is she suing?
They made a video saying Kayla's diet guide (& all the other low calorie diet guides) are bad, that's long story short. It means bad business for Kayla & we all know what people with money do when someone effects their business.

FoxFire15
Learner
Learner

Post by FoxFire15 »

xmeljayne wrote:
They made a video saying Kayla's diet guide (& all the other low calorie diet guides) are bad, that's long story short. It means bad business for Kayla & we all know what people with money do when someone effects their business.
Actually from what I have gathered from some people who are following this drama Kayla seem's to be suing on grounds of defamation and libel (or something in that vein) because the banana twins made claims and remarks about her and her boyfriend, particularly on her instagram. If it was just about their diet there probably wouldn't be enough of a case to take it all the way to the supreme court as it could simply be categorized as their opinion, but in this case I think Harley and Freelee actually broke some pretty big internet laws. They know this too as the took the videos regarding Kayla down as soon as the court stuff came up.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

Its about damn time someone put them in their place!

xmeljayne
Debater
Debater

Post by xmeljayne »

FoxFire15 wrote:
xmeljayne wrote:
Actually from what I have gathered from some people who are following this drama Kayla seem's to be suing on grounds of defamation and libel (or something in that vein) because the banana twins made claims and remarks about her and her boyfriend, particularly on her instagram. If it was just about their diet there probably wouldn't be enough of a case to take it all the way to the supreme court as it could simply be categorized as their opinion, but in this case I think Harley and Freelee actually broke some pretty big internet laws. They know this too as the took the videos regarding Kayla down as soon as the court stuff came up.
I'm not trying to defend them by any means, I hope they get sued lol. They are pretty stupid putting more & more videos out there. That's not "speaking up" it just gives her more fuel. As much as they say it wasn't a personal attack, they did say she was unfit (apparently jogged pass her up a hill, I call bullshit). Durian & Freelee have repeatedly bullied people by saying everything they're doing is wrong & disguising it as pretending to give shit. In reality, we all know they just want a bigger audience to make more money, that's what everyone on YT wants. They don't have a first clue about the justice system, Durianrider thinks he's going to represent himself... good luck.

Lake
Learner
Learner

Post by Lake »

I couldn't stop laughing when they compared themselves to Rosa Parks. :rofl:

I hope they get destroyed in court.

Post by Guest »

xmeljayne wrote:Durianrider thinks he's going to represent himself... good luck.
That is going to end real well. :roll:
Lake wrote: I couldn't stop laughing when they compared themselves to Rosa Parks. :rofl:

I hope they get destroyed in court.
head desk

whateverforever

Post by whateverforever »

MotherRussia wrote:I don't like Freelee or Durian Rider, but it's about time someone stood up to Kayla where she couldn't immediately block and delete the comment. Kayla's nutrition guide (having bought it myself), IS archaic and restrictive. It's totally the kind of guide that would encourage body image issues. I spoke to another Adelaide personal trainer (Josh Mitise) about this months ago. Not all people who do Kayla's guide get the results she claims they will, even if they stick to the guides 100%. She's a fraud. I'm glad it has been brought to the media's attention, even if I don't like the people doing the bringing.
thank god I'm not the only person who thinks this, i know people in real life who purchased kayla itsines bikini body guide and i checked it out only to see it was an extremely restrictive diet advising not to eat over 1200 calories and to work out more than you consume type of deal which is really terrible and misinformative and gross that she's profiting off of it all (almost 200$ for the whole plan, workout+diet guide) and was happy to see people calling her out on it, especially hclf vegans (my people!) but man freelee or whatever the f her name is, is a realllllll piece of work and her boyfriend is even worse, calling blogilaties fat amongst other nasty things. Im not subscribed to either of them but i do tune in every once in a while for a good vegan pep talk (going to be fully vegan once i move in the summer and can ditch the cheese not that anyone cares) I'm happy they are calling out kayla and making it known that her diet plan is totally out of whack but they really are making a fool of themselves and putting a tarnish on non extremist vegans out there

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the harmfully restrictive diet advice offered by this Kayla woman, instead of the many people who are criticising her diet plan? You can't just sell your diet books, dvd and expect there to be an embargo on people actually anaylsing and offering comment on it. If the plan was healthy and brilliant as she claims, why care about what vegan youtubers think about it so much to the extent she claims? I doubt it will hold up on court, selling a plan that is below the RDA is many countries.

FoxFire15
Learner
Learner

Post by FoxFire15 »

liseppe wrote:Shouldn't you be more concerned with the harmfully restrictive diet advice offered by this Kayla woman, instead of the many people who are criticising her diet plan? You can't just sell your diet books, dvd and expect there to be an embargo on people actually anaylsing and offering comment on it. If the plan was healthy and brilliant as she claims, why care about what vegan youtubers think about it so much to the extent she claims? I doubt it will hold up on court, selling a plan that is below the RDA is many countries.
No one is praising Kayla's diet, she is mostly about looks and making money rather than health in my opinion and from watching Durian rider and Freelee's videos on and off for the last 1.5 - 2 years I can say in all honesty that are just as shallow and money hungry despite all their bullshit 'oh money doesn't matter too us'. They make vile videos attacking others and accusing them of everything from steroid abuse to eating disorders and keep calling perfectly healthy people fat. Ffs they even called medal winning Olympic athletes fat simply due to the fact that most of them didn't have a 'thigh gap' which went against Freelee's statment that all 'fit' people should have one or achieve one, which is a load of crap since you either have one as a hereditary trait or you are horribly underweight. These two make horrible videos about other people using clips from the original video bit when someone else does it to them Harley is very quick to put in a complaint of 'copyright' to have the video taken down.

Also check my post above, Kayla is suing because they slandered HER and her BOYFRIEND with personal attacks, NOT due to criticisms made about her diet.

DR and FL are very disingenuous people just take a look at the video posted above, Harley is pushing the sob story about how his 'sick, old mum' will suffer if he gets cleaned out, when in past videos he is always talking shit about her and how family isn't important to him, blah blah blah. Doubt he ever gave her a cent of all the cash he loves to flash on camera and spend on expensive gear while at the same time sit in front of a cracked wall and make a video explaining how poor they are and how they are "only trying to help people" to the gullible fools that will eat their shit up.

No I would not like anyone I care about to follow Kayla's restrictive diet (with the exception of them being morbidly obese, and even then they should switch to a balanced diet as soon as they shift the excess weight), However I sure as hell wouldn't want the listening to the banana twins either. So in regards to your initial question I'll have to say that my answer is 'no'. No we shouldn't be MORE concerned about Kayla's diet over Harley and Freelee's hypocrisy, rather we should be EQUALLY concerned at all three of these frauds for presenting themselves as being health advocates.

mrmacne
Learner
Learner

Post by mrmacne »

angelaj0921 wrote:I absolutely can't stand this girl, and she's constantly giving me more reasons. She's always commenting on bigger youtubers videos claiming she wants them to get healthy when in reality we all know she's just starved for attention and wants more views. I am enjoying the fact though that people are letting in have it in reply to yet another comment she left on Trisha Paytas video. I really don't like Trisha, but I think Freelea just gets under my skin with her fake attempt at trying to make people think she cares, as well her need to push her eating habits on other people when they didn't ask for them.

Yes I don't know if I'm more annoyed by Freelee herself (it's definitely her I'm pretty sure), or the fact she makes me defend Trisha and Shay lol

MotherRussia
Informer
Informer

Post by MotherRussia »

FoxFire15 wrote:
liseppe wrote:Shouldn't you be more concerned with the harmfully restrictive diet advice offered by this Kayla woman, instead of the many people who are criticising her diet plan? You can't just sell your diet books, dvd and expect there to be an embargo on people actually anaylsing and offering comment on it. If the plan was healthy and brilliant as she claims, why care about what vegan youtubers think about it so much to the extent she claims? I doubt it will hold up on court, selling a plan that is below the RDA is many countries.
No one is praising Kayla's diet, she is mostly about looks and making money rather than health in my opinion and from watching Durian rider and Freelee's videos on and off for the last 1.5 - 2 years I can say in all honesty that are just as shallow and money hungry despite all their bullshit 'oh money doesn't matter too us'. They make vile videos attacking others and accusing them of everything from steroid abuse to eating disorders and keep calling perfectly healthy people fat. Ffs they even called medal winning Olympic athletes fat simply due to the fact that most of them didn't have a 'thigh gap' which went against Freelee's statment that all 'fit' people should have one or achieve one, which is a load of crap since you either have one as a hereditary trait or you are horribly underweight. These two make horrible videos about other people using clips from the original video bit when someone else does it to them Harley is very quick to put in a complaint of 'copyright' to have the video taken down.

Also check my post above, Kayla is suing because they slandered HER and her BOYFRIEND with personal attacks, NOT due to criticisms made about her diet.

DR and FL are very disingenuous people just take a look at the video posted above, Harley is pushing the sob story about how his 'sick, old mum' will suffer if he gets cleaned out, when in past videos he is always talking shit about her and how family isn't important to him, blah blah blah. Doubt he ever gave her a cent of all the cash he loves to flash on camera and spend on expensive gear while at the same time sit in front of a cracked wall and make a video explaining how poor they are and how they are "only trying to help people" to the gullible fools that will eat their shit up.

No I would not like anyone I care about to follow Kayla's restrictive diet (with the exception of them being morbidly obese, and even then they should switch to a balanced diet as soon as they shift the excess weight), However I sure as hell wouldn't want the listening to the banana twins either. So in regards to your initial question I'll have to say that my answer is 'no'. No we shouldn't be MORE concerned about Kayla's diet over Harley and Freelee's hypocrisy, rather we should be EQUALLY concerned at all three of these frauds for presenting themselves as being health advocates.
No. This is not the first time that Kayla has tried to sue someone for criticising her guides. A friend of mine wrote an article about her guides (he's male, also from Adelaide, and far more qualified than Kayla and a much nicer person), and he even said that his article was not a personal attack. She tried to sue him. Dragged him through the same court process and he had to pay thousands in lawyers fees. I can't stand Freelee but knowing what I know about Kayla, she was in the wrong in this situation.

lenamena
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lenamena »

Her boyfriend seems like such a mooch. She has mentioned how she always pays when they go out to eat and she has to do things like hide her fruit so he doesn't eat it. Like in this video:

Lake1734
Learner
Learner

Post by Lake1734 »

I'd heard the names, but only recently watched some of their videos. They couldn't come up with a slogan/book title that doesn't feature the f-word? I just find that really off-putting. Then they were chanting it with a group of people outside of a courthouse. Is it that hard to act like they have class?

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Ugh, do I detect a pattern? I just discovered BananaBlondie108. She's vegan, very athletic, has fake tits, and an aggressive vegan boyfriend. She portrays herself as some holier-than-thou goody-two-shoes, but actually she has only been vegan for a few years, opted out of meat and dairy consumption primarily for health reasons but then claims to be the only yogi who actually follows the non-violence path. :? I find her very judgmental and passive aggressive. She describes herself as witty and ironic, when she is really just slagging people off with an insncere smile on her face.

[youtube][/youtube]

FoxFire15
Learner
Learner

Post by FoxFire15 »

Dandelion wrote:Ugh, do I detect a pattern? I just discovered BananaBlondie108. She's vegan, very athletic, has fake tits, and an aggressive vegan boyfriend. She portrays herself as some holier-than-thou goody-two-shoes, but actually she has only been vegan for a few years, opted out of meat and dairy consumption primarily for health reasons but then claims to be the only yogi who actually follows the non-violence path. :? I find her very judgmental and passive aggressive. She describes herself as witty and ironic, when she is really just slagging people off with an insncere smile on her face.

[youtube][/youtube]
IMO none of these vegan youtubers do anything to show vegans in a good light, they have their own little cult following that puts them on a pedestal and puffs up their ego all they want. Following the 'non-violence path'? yeah right even passive aggression is a kind of verbal violence in itself. I'm honestly tired of these Kim Kardashions of the 'nutrition' world popping up all over the place and thinking their diet is the only one to follow and that they know best. BOTH Durianrider and this guy in the vid you posted sport the 'shriveled scrotum' look (although DR more so). If that is what 'healthy' means then I don't want to be 'healthy' thanks.

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

I feel like lonijane is a better embodiment of veganism on insta.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Ugh I can't stand Michelle! Shes a massive judgmental bitch. Sometimes even worse than Freelee. But I will admit I used to like PBA *until* I saw him in Michelle's videos. I don't think he compares to Harley in the slightest, though. Now vegangains, on the other hand...whole other story. I think hes deplorable. But Jay doesn't bother me nearly as much as Michelle/Harley/Leanne/etc.

I agree about LoniJane. I like Nadja NoCheese and deviousdemi -YT and IG- too.

FoxFire15
Learner
Learner

Post by FoxFire15 »

BellaJane wrote:Ugh I can't stand Michelle! Shes a massive judgmental bitch. Sometimes even worse than Freelee. But I will admit I used to like PBA *until* I saw him in Michelle's videos. I don't think he compares to Harley in the slightest, though. Now vegangains, on the other hand...whole other story. I think hes deplorable. But Jay doesn't bother me nearly as much as Michelle/Harley/Leanne/etc.

I agree about LoniJane. I like Nadja NoCheese and deviousdemi -YT and IG- too.
Ironically I find vegangains to be a stereotypical meathead jock attitude wise. He made a rather vile video about the whole Kayla thing comparing her to Hitler or something like that when the trial was going on. The way he makes a video so ruthlessly attacking people who scorn his idols, DR & FL honestly make me think that he's on the juice or at least some testosterone enhancer. One douchebag, arsehole out of many from that community (cult).

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

lol vegangains. Every now and then I fall down the raw vegan rabbit hole and end up watching videos for hours on end, happened to be his videos the other day.

And to just agree with what was said above, lonijane is so great! I love following her on insta <3
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Return to “freelee the banana girl”