BananaJamana

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
kundera
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BananaJamana

Post by kundera »

WetsyBoopLoop wrote:Does she really not sell her artwork? I mean...why? She's a really good artist and she can make a beautiful piece of art in a few hours. Is it a copyright issue? If she does something Disney related or Studio Ghibli related would she not be allowed to make money off it?

Even so, I bet she could do original work. Even like cartoony scenary or paintings of the sea - they sell well enough to make some extra cash.
There is no way Jamie could make a living wage off her artwork. I used to be really good friends with Sara Eshak who is a pretty popular graphic designer on Society6. She gets easily 2,000+ likes on her work, but yearly makes maybe $600 on everything she sells after Society6 takes their cut.

It is A LOT of hard work to freelance sell your work. I know because I tried that after I got my art degree. You really have to push yourself out there and there's no way people would pay top dollar for her kind of work. I've done art shows in the past and painters typically sold these kinds of canvases for max $150 and maybe sold 1 or 2 prints in a day.

kundera
Learner
Learner

Post by kundera »

I think Tom has been reading this forum because https://www.instagram.com/p/BVVnmC1AxIB ... -by=tomrpi.

WetsyBoopLoop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WetsyBoopLoop »

kundera wrote:
WetsyBoopLoop wrote:Does she really not sell her artwork? I mean...why? She's a really good artist and she can make a beautiful piece of art in a few hours. Is it a copyright issue? If she does something Disney related or Studio Ghibli related would she not be allowed to make money off it?

Even so, I bet she could do original work. Even like cartoony scenary or paintings of the sea - they sell well enough to make some extra cash.
There is no way Jamie could make a living wage off her artwork. I used to be really good friends with Sara Eshak who is a pretty popular graphic designer on Society6. She gets easily 2,000+ likes on her work, but yearly makes maybe $600 on everything she sells after Society6 takes their cut.

It is A LOT of hard work to freelance sell your work. I know because I tried that after I got my art degree. You really have to push yourself out there and there's no way people would pay top dollar for her kind of work. I've done art shows in the past and painters typically sold these kinds of canvases for max $150 and maybe sold 1 or 2 prints in a day.

Oh no I get it's crazy hard work and I didn't mean she could make a living wage. Just extra cash. She has an audience that would buy and friends that could help her promote. She could do tiny prints that would take her half an hour tops to finish and sell for like £10 each on Etsy. If I was as good as her and had such flex work hours I would.

Razzmatazz
Informer
Informer

Post by Razzmatazz »

thegoldenlife wrote:She has lost a lot of weight since her first videos and she is very thin now :/
I thought this today when I saw her Instagram post. No body shaming at all but I know she's spoken about being ill recently and she has seemed a bit up and down emotionally lately so I genuinely hope she's ok.

ladyandtramplove
Debater
Debater

Post by ladyandtramplove »

I know this is the trash thread but I actually like Jamie, she seems normal and nice and talented.

I judged her a bit for getting rid of her kitten like that, I spent two months getting my cats to be BFFS so its possible it just takes time. Anyways she is one of a few youtubers that I do not cringe at.

BrendenSmall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BrendenSmall »

I assume Jamie makes mad cash given that she's partnered with DreamworksTV.

BrendenSmall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by BrendenSmall »

Do we have any idea what the theme of her gallery show even is? Or if there's one at all? Because the pieces look lovely but I honestly just don't get them?

She's only shown us two but like idk.

ilovecats
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovecats »

I think she said it was "Fantasy nights" or something similar.

kundera
Learner
Learner

Post by kundera »

BrendenSmall wrote:I assume Jamie makes mad cash given that she's partnered with DreamworksTV.
I was partnered with DreamworksTV from April till now. I left the other day. I got nothing out of it and made a mere $1.10.

wolfgutscharlie

Post by wolfgutscharlie »

kundera wrote:
BrendenSmall wrote:I assume Jamie makes mad cash given that she's partnered with DreamworksTV.
I was partnered with DreamworksTV from April till now. I left the other day. I got nothing out of it and made a mere $1.10.
Did they take everything from you or did you just not make a lot to begin with (that sounds rude- I don't mean for it to be)?

kundera
Learner
Learner

Post by kundera »

wolfgutscharlie wrote:
kundera wrote:
Did they take everything from you or did you just not make a lot to begin with (that sounds rude- I don't mean for it to be)?
They took 60% and I got 40%. I had to follow their rules and they owned the rights to my videos and creativity. I didn't like how I couldn't be creative anymore and I didn't like them getting a larger chunk out of me so I left. They sent me an email when they saw my request to leave trying to offer me all these sponsorship deals which meant free swag, but that's not my thing. Like woo a free Disney book in exchange for all my hard work that then becomes their property. If I find the email in my trash, I'll post it.

kundera
Learner
Learner

Post by kundera »

Mickey Mouse <[email protected]>
Aug 2

to me
This message has been deleted. Restore message
Hi Kundera,

I hope you are doing well! I noticed that you recently requested to unlink from Dreamworks Network on YouTube. I just wanted to reach out and see if there is anything I can do to help. We have really enjoyed working with you and would love to continue this relationship in the future :)

We are willing to give you any sponsorship deals of your choice. We can get you free items such as shirts or design books in exchange for videos. The videos would have to be to our standard. If you are interested - get at me.

Best,
Mickey

Rose57
Informer
Informer

Post by Rose57 »

did anyone think that the video jamie posted about her gallery show was super cringy?

to me she almost made it seem like the only reason she even wanted to have the showing was to prove that her paintings weren't fake. the fact that she is so driven by the shame and negativity she receives from people really made me sad :(

autumnmorning
Learner
Learner

Post by autumnmorning »

Nah, I enjoyed it. The exposition looked interesting and the little interview didn't seem forced to me. (It was also nice to see Liam.)
Jamie definitely has her very own style and specializes in light and cute painting, but I'd love to see her paint something really dark and gloomy once.

spophie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spophie »

I just watched a couple of videos of her from 2012 and she looks so much more healthy... I feel like she was slightly more heavy back then maybe.

Whisper_Queen
Learner
Learner

Post by Whisper_Queen »

Jaime is one of my favorite YouTubers, but I've been a bit worried about her weight as well. She seems very upbeat and cheerful but it's difficult to know what's going on when the camera is turned off. I'd love to see a video about what she eats in a day.

reannamaste
Lurker
Lurker

Post by reannamaste »

Why does hardly anybody talk about the fact that some of her "paintings" are Photoshopped? Like the Fantastic Beasts one, she literally just Photoshopped a picture of the actor onto the painting. I took the photo she used and overlayed it on the "painting" and it's an exact match. I'm pretty sure that was the same case with the La La Land painting before she "fixed" it. Either Photoshop or she cut out pictures and painted over them.
ImageImage

Reprimand
Informer
Informer

Post by Reprimand »

She probably used it as a reference image when drawing the guides in pencil. She shows her process painting so I dont see how she'd photoshop the result out of nowhere

Razzmatazz
Informer
Informer

Post by Razzmatazz »

Reprimand wrote:She probably used it as a reference image when drawing the guides in pencil. She shows her process painting so I dont see how she'd photoshop the result out of nowhere
I thought the same at first but it’s very odd how even the tiny details like freckles are identical to the photo...

reannamaste
Lurker
Lurker

Post by reannamaste »

Reprimand wrote:She probably used it as a reference image when drawing the guides in pencil. She shows her process painting so I dont see how she'd photoshop the result out of nowhere
But the end result is SO different than what is actually shown in the process of her painting if you pay close attention. Also the face is so realistic but the details of the hair and clothes don't match the realism in the face. It's just a little fishy to me.

Return to “A-M”