Celebs/Famous People You've Met

SassyChance
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Celebs/Famous People You've Met

Post by SassyChance »

I work for an airline so that's where I meet a lot of celebs, but I also live in South Florida so a lot honestly I see while out shopping. The ones that I see quite often grocery shopping or at the mall are Venus & Serena Williams. I also live maybe 15 minutes away from Donald Trump, Tiger Woods, Celine Dion and Vanilla Ice (unfortunately I'm not living in a mansion), but it's cool to see them at times. Donald Trump really isn't the friendliest. He's hardly smiling when I've seen him.

As far as celebs I deal with while working, the Kardashians (UGH they were even filming)), Jessica Biel, Cameron Diaz (very sweet) Olivia Newton John (amazing), Flo Rida (smelled so good), one of Snoop Doggs sons with his entire football team. I've also dealt with Eva Longoria (kind off stand offish), Nicole Richie and her family, the babies, Joel and Benji. I've also met Henry Winkler (very friendly).

I usually see at least one celeb a day and so far I've actually never had a bad experience with them. The only was maybe was Eva Longoria because she seemed very needy. It was around the same time she was dating Penelope Cruz' brother, which he was fine, he was very friendly, as was the other 3 people she was traveling with. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

So far most of the celebs I've met have been at sci-fi conventions:
  • Tom Skilling (Channel 9 WGN weather man in Chicago)
  • Tom Baker (#4 Doctor Who)
  • Dirk Benedict (Battlestar Gallactica, A-Team)
  • Nichelle Nichols (Star Trek: The Original Series)
  • Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers)
  • J.G. Hertzler (Star Trek: DS9)
  • Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Adam Baldwin (Firefly, lots of other stuff)
  • Mark Shepherd (Battlestar Gallactica reboot, Doctor Who)
  • Robert Picard (Star Trek: Voyager, Stargate: Atlantis)
  • Casey Biggs (Star Trek: DS9)
  • Cliff Simon (Stargate: SG1)
  • Garrett Wang (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Jeffrey Combs (Star Trek (Various))
  • Juergen Bam Bam Wiehler (Drummer for Bonfire and Megahertz in Germany, also my cousin). :)
(gee can you tell I'm a Trekkie?) ;)

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

I saw Chuck Close at a museum once, but when my friend said hi to him he ignored us LOL. I guess he just wanted to quietly enjoy the art.

I met Lou Barlow, who is a relatively well-known indie musician, before a concert for his band Sebadoh. He was very nice. I've met a lot of people from other bands too that are well-known for their genre, but are obscure to the rest of the world.

helloparis
Informer
Informer

Post by helloparis »

I've met Samuel Larsen from Glee, Hanna Beth (former scene queen, now she's a fashion designer/personality/type?), Lisi Harrison (author of The Clique series), Chriselle Lim (not really a celeb I guess, but a Youtuber & fashion blogger), and that's pretty much it haha.

For celebs who I've seen from afar: Debby Ryan, Jillian Rose Reed from Awkward, Teresa Giudice (Real Housewives of New Jersey) and Tabitha (famous hairstylist on Bravo)

sickofsomepeople
Informer
Informer

Post by sickofsomepeople »

Ive met susan boyle. From Britains got talent :?
"Every bruise is a hickey from the universe.. and everyone wants to get with the universe"
http://t-0pshop.tumblr.com

HappyFeet
Learner
Learner

Post by HappyFeet »

I've met a few of the Harry Potter cast:
Bonnie Wright - (Ginny Wealsey)
Rupert Grint - (Ron Weasley)
Evanna Lynch - (Luna Lovegood)
Helen McCrory - (Narcissa Malfoy)
Natalia Tena - (Nymphadora Tonks)
Tom Felton - (Draco Malfoy)
David Thewlis - (Remus Lupin)

And also
Duncan James (from the boyband Blue)
Ms Dynamite

I think that's it..

jennifer24
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jennifer24 »

I have met mostly bands but heres my list:
Hanson (all very nice and awesome)
Turk Wendell (relief pitcher for the mets when i met him in 1998ish)
Ryan Cabrera (Very sweet every time i've met him)
Zack Hexum (met him after a Ryan Cabrera show and he was very nice, gave me a guitar pick )
Jesse Ruben (nice)
The Kin (nice)
Good Charlotte (nice)

I think that's it. I would love to meet Lisa Marie Presley. And Metallica.

tumblrbitch
Learner
Learner

Post by tumblrbitch »

I've met Jennifer Lawrence at a coffee shop. She was literally the coolest person ever. I just walked up and asked her for a photo and she said yeah and I was just about to walk away and she was like "so whats up?" and then we talked about coffee and zombies.

I've met Stephen King once. He was calm.
I've met Johnny Depp three times. Really quite guy.
Rosie hungtington-whiteley. She was nice but she did seem slightly alert and cautious about talking to me.

red_nails7
Learner
Learner

Post by red_nails7 »

@HappyFeet: I'm so jealous of you :b I would die to meet Tom Felton!! :D

I've never really met a celebrity, me and my mother once saw Maximilian Schell (do you guys know him?) at the airport, he was having coffee but we didn't say anything cause we didn't want to bother him.
sorry for my bad english, I'm still learning :)

LuLalovex
Learner
Learner

Post by LuLalovex »

I met thomas mann from project x in JFK airport he was so sweet and dreamy <3 ;)

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

I've met

Drake - a year ago, he's from my city (toronto) so we often see him, he's a freaking douche
Chris Brown - I met him during his FAME tour and he was surprisingly very, very nice and humble, took pictures, and even spoke to me for a few mins. But i could tell even from their that he had serious problems.
Nas- He came to my school, he was cool
Sean Kingston - he's another asshole, can't stand him

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

johnny depp, emma stone, justin timberlake, andrew garfield, bryan greenberg, robert pattinson, kristen stewart, ...
i think thats it..

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

I've met:
William Paul Yong- he wrote a book called The Shack
Frankie Ballard-Not as well known country artist
Casey James-Placed top 3 on season 9 of American Idol.

Not the most famous of all people, but they were all really nice. :)
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

Post by Guest »

^ woot! I loved Casey!!

Post by Guest »

SassyChance wrote:I work for an airline so that's where I meet a lot of celebs, but I also live in South Florida so a lot honestly I see while out shopping. The ones that I see quite often grocery shopping or at the mall are Venus & Serena Williams. I also live maybe 15 minutes away from Donald Trump, Tiger Woods, Celine Dion and Vanilla Ice (unfortunately I'm not living in a mansion), but it's cool to see them at times. Donald Trump really isn't the friendliest. He's hardly smiling when I've seen him.

As far as celebs I deal with while working, the Kardashians (UGH they were even filming)), Jessica Biel, Cameron Diaz (very sweet) Olivia Newton John (amazing), Flo Rida (smelled so good), one of Snoop Doggs sons with his entire football team. I've also dealt with Eva Longoria (kind off stand offish), Nicole Richie and her family, the babies, Joel and Benji. I've also met Henry Winkler (very friendly).

I usually see at least one celeb a day and so far I've actually never had a bad experience with them. The only was maybe was Eva Longoria because she seemed very needy. It was around the same time she was dating Penelope Cruz' brother, which he was fine, he was very friendly, as was the other 3 people she was traveling with. Maybe she was just having a bad day.
I'm not sure if you'll see this since your post is old but I was wondering... Do you work for an FBO? Or private jets? I used to work for a private jet company and I'm wondering if you work for the same company lol

QueenBeatle6
Talker
Talker

Post by QueenBeatle6 »

This is so random but I met Weird Al at a mall once a couple years ago. He was signing autographs for a new album he had.
And I swear I saw Tony Hawk at Disneyland a couple years ago, but he was walking away so I could't see him that well.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I haven't met anyone but some really not-well-known bands and I don't even remember their names xD

But I did go to a Leno taping a while ago and Bill Maher was on it, and the singer zz ward

I also just went to an x factor taping and we (surprisingly) got really good seats close behind the judges, and right next to the aisle that they walked in through so i was like a foot away from them. Kelly Rowland looks really pretty in person but also like a normal person, she was really sweet. Demi Lovato (who I actually really like) was a bit stuck up... Idk. I was a little disappointed. She wouldn't touch anyone (kelly was high-fiving everyone and Simon stopped to shake hands and chat really quickly) and she had this attitude about her that seemed like she knew that everyone loves her and she's better than all of them. Maybe it was an off night for her, i don't know. She looked pretty, though. Her skin was glowing. Simon was very nice but he looked like he was made of plastic. Paulina Rubio was really nice and interacted with everyone the most.

I also saw Mario Lopez (who also hosts the xfactor so I saw him then too) running errands because apparently he lives in the same area I do (Burbank though I'm sure he probably lives in the hills and not in the valley like the rest of us common folk xD)

Yeah, none of them are like my favorite celebrities or anything but it was cool to see them in person!
imma ball til the day i fall

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

Ooh i forgot to mention, ryan sheckler, the skateboarder. He was shooting a commercial of some sort. He was topless and hot.

xalisondilaurentisx
Informer
Informer

Post by xalisondilaurentisx »

Karmin,Jonas Brothers, Megan & Liz

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

This is really sad but the most "famous" person I've met is some girl who was in Degrassi. She played Jane (Spinner's girlfriend). Her name is Paula Brancati.. she was also in "Dark Oracle".
I was hostessing at a restaurant like 2-3 years ago and she came in and I sat her. All I said was "aren't you from degrassi" and she just laughed and said yeah.
I also took a picture with Massari but that doesn't count.. it was in a club where he performed and everyone lined up to take pictures with him, he didn't say a word to me or anything. I don't like Massari but my friends wanted a pic so I just went along with it haha.

I go to school in Toronto so I'm always hoping I'll just walk past a celebrity or see one in a coffee shop/restaurant.

Return to “Celebrity”