Post by Pemdass »

Was wondering what other people's thoughts were on her

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Beautifymeeh

Post by emmygues »

i'm really curious what her background is because she has an accent and her brother doesn't have an accent. i'm also curious to how her husband and her survive since she doesn't make that much off youtube and he's a freelance photographer.

overall, i'm okay with her. her house is impractical though; white furniture and sharp corners. her husband is so sweet towards her and that's incredibly nice to see.

i like her videos are short and concise. she doesn't put out that many helpful videos though. and i really wish she would fix her camera's settings. the aperture is too wide so the colors are too bright and washed out.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

I've never found any of her tutorials particularly helpful or different. Her being pretty is what keeps me watching i guess because her personality is pretty monotone as well.

I feel like she stages too much of her vlogs to continue that theme of having a picture perfect marriage (which I don't doubt they have) but it gets really awkward to watch like that one putting up the Xmas tree vlog.

I believe her husband is also some branch manager of a company and freelancing is just a side gig.

Pemdass
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pemdass »

I agree, I feel some of her videos are staged to portray this "perfect" life

I remember she was asked what kind of insurance she had when she was pregnant and she said medicaid. I don't understand why she is on medicaid if they can afford nice things, for example the stroller her son has is a Orbit Baby stroller and it costs $780. Now wouldn't you think someone on government assistance probably could not afford such an expensive stroller.

And I think she purposely makes the lighting wash her out in her recent videos because she does not want to show her actual face in HD because of all the acne she has.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Pemdass wrote:I agree, I feel some of her videos are staged to portray this "perfect" life

I remember she was asked what kind of insurance she had when she was pregnant and she said medicaid. I don't understand why she is on medicaid if they can afford nice things, for example the stroller her son has is a Orbit Baby stroller and it costs $780. Now wouldn't you think someone on government assistance probably could not afford such an expensive stroller.

And I think she purposely makes the lighting wash her out in her recent videos because she does not want to show her actual face in HD because of all the acne she has.
hmm...i never thought of it that way. but she and her husband may not be legally married. so she can technically be considered single if that was the case. but they would have a common law marriage. i didn't realize they had such expensive things. but maybe she got them from a baby shower.

her camera settings have always been like that though.

i don't see her life as being perfect though. although her husband seems really nice but i only notice that from the little things he does. not from him building her the vanity or putting up the christmas tree.

Pemdass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pemdass »

No it wasn't a baby shower gift they bought it. She made a video on the things they received at their baby shower.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Pemdass wrote:No it wasn't a baby shower gift they bought it. She made a video on the things they received at their baby shower.
Gee thanks. What if it was a late baby shower present? Or even they didn't show everything they got? I know someone who bought a really expensive stroller secondhand off Craigslist for really cheap. Of course they inspected it before purchasing. Doesn't angel have family who had kids who could give her the stroller secondhand?

By the way, her brother is cute. But I thought their sibling tag was a bit fake. She doesn't seem to be as caring and selfless as her brother makes her out to be. I say this mainly from how she treats aiden.

syllabub

Post by syllabub »

I find her tutorials boring and unhelpful. She really isn't good when it comes to makeup. Her favourites videos are too short and dull, to me. Don't even know why I'm still subbed.

Pemdass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pemdass »

actually read this

http://www.beautifymeeh.com/2012/08/our ... -here.html

this may change your mind about it being a gift

what irks me are people who use government assistance that don't really need it, and it comes out of my paycheck everyday

people who use assistance but can still buy expensive handbags, strollers etc.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

That makes my blood boil. Nothing about their home or lifestyle says Medicaid to me. My fathers income barely meets the cut off so he's stuck having to go without vital medication for months at a time, and trust me, he's not blowing his income on luxury items, hauls, and eating out like Angel seems to be doing. Wtf????

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

a lot of korean people are shady like that - im korean btw lol. i know some korean kids that went to college with a full financial aid but they also had nice bags and shoes and cars lol. something about them not reporting tax fully or something. idk.

or maybe shes in debt. idk. who knows.

Yoyoyo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Yoyoyo »

I find her accent really really annoying!!!

And, she puts little efforts in her videos, especially her OOTD ones

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Yoyoyo wrote:I find her accent really really annoying!!!

i know right! from her latest video, she's been in america since her high school years. i would assume her accent would have gotten better. she has an accent in both korean and english. i'm really curious about that because she has mentioned she was an english teacher and her korean was really horrible when she first met her husband.

her new hair doesn't look very good on her.

Yoyoyo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Yoyoyo »

emmygues wrote:
Yoyoyo wrote:I find her accent really really annoying!!!

i know right! from her latest video, she's been in america since her high school years. i would assume her accent would have gotten better. she has an accent in both korean and english. i'm really curious about that because she has mentioned she was an english teacher and her korean was really horrible when she first met her husband.

her new hair doesn't look very good on her.
Apparently she was born in the US....I don't get why someone born in the US can have this ridiculous accent.
Her new hair looks weird on her....also, the story about how she met her husband is weird too...
She was talking to strangers online.....then met this 'stranger'...

Post by Guest »

I think Aiden is weird and controlling. He won't let her drink coke or eat chocolate? idk lol he just seems weird

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Yoyoyo wrote:Apparently she was born in the US....I don't get why someone born in the US can have this ridiculous accent.
Her new hair looks weird on her....also, the story about how she met her husband is weird too...
no way. even if she moved to korea when she was little, her accent wouldn't be like that. so she was legally born with the name "angel"? her grammar is really off too.

i don't find her story that weird. she's 26/27 and 10 years ago was when chat rooms were really popular. i met people off xanga before but they were my friend's friend and they went to my high school.

but her speech is really unbelievable. her brother has perfect english though.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

The how they met story struck me as odd as well. I thought she would say that she went up to aiden at the super market and mistook him for Jason or something but she basically just stalked him??? until she stalked him on xanga too?? Why bother mentioning Jason at all, he didn't really seem to have a purpose in the story.

Yoyoyo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Yoyoyo »

emmygues wrote:
Yoyoyo wrote:Apparently she was born in the US....I don't get why someone born in the US can have this ridiculous accent.
no way. even if she moved to korea when she was little, her accent wouldn't be like that. so she was legally born with the name "angel"? her grammar is really off too.

i don't find her story that weird. she's 26/27 and 10 years ago was when chat rooms were really popular. i met people off xanga before but they were my friend's friend and they went to my high school.

http://www.beautifymeeh.com/p/about.html

It says she was born and raised in Texas...
Yeah, her English is really bad for someone who was born and raised in the US.

missslucyma
Learner
Learner

Post by missslucyma »

emmygues wrote:

She didn't meet her husband online, she met him at a korean market or something, but she met a guy names "Jason" that was using Aiden's pictures pretending to be him.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

angel couldn't remember how to say scallions in english in her recent cooking video. she kept saying scallions in korean. for some reason, i thought she was trying harder to speak properly and address aiden does most of the work in the latest video. maybe it's just me.

Return to “A-E”