What do you drive?

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What do you drive?

Post by audrelizabethh »

I'm just curious if you drive and if you do what you drive (: I'm shopping for cars right now so I thought this would be an interesting topic to start up.

Kleineganz

Re: What do you drive?

Post by Kleineganz »

I drive a 2011 Subaru Outback. We needed a car that was dog friendly, and I call it my "pup mobile." :D

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance »

Kleineganz wrote:I drive a 2011 Subaru Outback. We needed a car that was dog friendly, and I call it my "pup mobile." :D
Love the name of it! :love2: I always think of my dogs first when car shopping (since I don't have kids...but they're my babies HAHA). I drive a 2012 Mercedes GLK. But in previous threads I mentioned how much I miss my Mini Cooper :(. Maybe one day I'll drive another one, but not practical for the time being.

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

SassyChance wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:I drive a 2011 Subaru Outback. We needed a car that was dog friendly, and I call it my "pup mobile." :D
Love the name of it! :love2: I always think of my dogs first when car shopping (since I don't have kids...but they're my babies HAHA). I drive a 2012 Mercedes GLK. But in previous threads I mentioned how much I miss my Mini Cooper :(. Maybe one day I'll drive another one, but not practical for the time being.
Wow, you guys both have nice cars! I'm only 17 but I'm looking at 2003 Mitsubishi Monteros, but only the ones with the black grills.. I'm not a fan of the all one color ones. That or a 2003 Jeep Liberty but those are a bit out of price range. Jealous of your cars though (:

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance »

Oh don't be jealous. It's cliche but I worked and saved a lot. I also did a lot of research. I've been through quite a bit of cars simply because to be honest, I'm not the best driver but I knew after my Mini Cooper I wanted something that my dogs could comfortably fit into and I wanted kind of an upgrade.

If you really want the Jeep, keep looking. Check different websites like carmax and here in Florida, we have car sales papers that you can get with the newspapers or in grocery stores. Check those out as well if you have them where you are.

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

SassyChance wrote:Oh don't be jealous. It's cliche but I worked and saved a lot. I also did a lot of research. I've been through quite a bit of cars simply because to be honest, I'm not the best driver but I knew after my Mini Cooper I wanted something that my dogs could comfortably fit into and I wanted kind of an upgrade.

If you really want the Jeep, keep looking. Check different websites like carmax and here in Florida, we have car sales papers that you can get with the newspapers or in grocery stores. Check those out as well if you have them where you are.
I can't get a job until I turn 18, which is in september, and I don't even have a license so I'm jumping the gun anyways hahahah. After I get a job I may save up to get a vehicle I'd like but it's more likely I'll save up to stay moved out while I'm taking classes. maybe after that I'll save up for a vehicle haha. Really I'm just being picky, I would love an suv but I might as well get a car.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Nissan Micra. I love my car. I live in an urban area so it's small enough to park easily and it's cheap to run.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

SassyChance wrote:Oh don't be jealous. It's cliche but I worked and saved a lot. I also did a lot of research. I've been through quite a bit of cars simply because to be honest, I'm not the best driver but I knew after my Mini Cooper I wanted something that my dogs could comfortably fit into and I wanted kind of an upgrade.

Yeah my husband and I both worked and saved a lot, and I was able to get a good trade-in value on my old Saturn that I'd had for 8 years, and we were able to buy the Subaru outright. It took us 1-2 years to do it too.

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

Kleineganz wrote:

Yeah my husband and I both worked and saved a lot, and I was able to get a good trade-in value on my old Saturn that I'd had for 8 years, and we were able to buy the Subaru outright. It took us 1-2 years to do it too.
That's amazing. Subarus are great cars!

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

loopyloo wrote:Nissan Micra. I love my car. I live in an urban area so it's small enough to park easily and it's cheap to run.
Yeah it seems like parking would be way easy in your car!

GoGoYuBari
Informer
Informer

Post by GoGoYuBari »

I drive a car.......

LOL totally messing with you. I drive a Dodge Calibur!

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

I can't drive yet :( I'm only 16. But when I learn, I'm probably going to learn in my sister's 2006 Fiat Punto, which over the past 6 years I have slowly grown to hate. I wish I could afford my own car, but sadly I don't have enough money.

nicheee
Talker
Talker

Post by nicheee »

I have a 2002 VW Jetta. Eh, it's okay. I would like a Mazda 3 next. But I have a crappy job with a crap pay so I'm kinda stuck.

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

ECH wrote:I can't drive yet :( I'm only 16. But when I learn, I'm probably going to learn in my sister's 2006 Fiat Punto, which over the past 6 years I have slowly grown to hate. I wish I could afford my own car, but sadly I don't have enough money.
I don't have one either its ok. I'll be stuck driving my moms 2004 Colorado which is really cute but so annoying to drive.

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

nicheee wrote:I have a 2002 VW Jetta. Eh, it's okay. I would like a Mazda 3 next. But I have a crappy job with a crap pay so I'm kinda stuck.
I've looked at those actually, good gas mileage. I also was looking at passats from around that year. What don't you like about your Jetta?

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I have a 2008 Mazda 3. I've had it for almost 5 years now, and it's doing good (knock on wood). I get about 27 mpg, and it's really easy to drive. I really wanted a Jeep Wrangler, but my dad said it's a "death trap" hah!

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

I share a 1988 toyota corolla station wagon with my mom. LOL. Hey, we live in SF, you don't really need a car :-P We didn't even get this car until 2010 & before that, we went 9 years without a car.
...But we are both really itching for new cars (who wouldn't with an oldie like that?) :D
I really want a Honda Civic (2006 or later) but its hard to save that much money while going to college

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

I drive a dark blue 2005 Dodge Neon. I saved up for it on my own (took like a year and some months to save up a decent amount of money for a down payment) andI bought it on August 2nd of last year, I think? The loan is in my name (had to find a car that didn't need a co-signer). I pay $130 on it biweekly and my last payment is on September 15, 2014. I had some problems with it for a couple of months but now it's running fine. I love my car. :) One day I'll own a Dodge Charger though. That's my dream car. <3

inventive
Informer
Informer

Post by inventive »

[img]http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/Images/Honda-Civic.jpg[/img]

Honda civic - I chose that brand new instead of the Audi because I was afraid of being too gaudy for the laid-back area that I live in. My parents paid for it. I loved the inside when I first saw it because it looked very futuristic/like a space ship to me with its lights and I also loved the taillights and boot (trunk). It's perfect because it has so much storage space and it's easy to clean. Its also veryyy fuel economic - I drive 600km (~372 miles) before I need to refuel. I love it but rarely use it these days because I'm obsessed with my "fixie" bike.

^WITHOUT the ugly bumper or whatever its called.
Last edited by tar on Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

inventive wrote:Image

Honda civic - I chose that brand new instead of the Audi because I was afraid of being too gaudy for the laid-back area that I live in. My parents paid for it. I loved the inside when I first saw it because it looked very futuristic/like a space ship to me with its lights and I also loved the taillights and boot (trunk). It's perfect because it has so much storage space and it's easy to clean. Its also veryyy fuel economic - I drive 600km (~372 miles) before I need to refuel. I love it but rarely use it these days because I'm obsessed with my "fixie" bike.
You're lucky, my car price range is 4500 USD or less.. I love Audis but your car looks very nice, too

Return to “Cars”