Michel Janse Part 13: 50 Shades Of Beige

Issiedarling_1
Informer
Informer

Re: Michel Janse Part 13: 50 Shades Of Beige

Post by Issiedarling_1 »

1. Michel posted on her story that lupus meds "worsen your eyesight" then went on to say she needs glasses. I may not be right here but I think she's misleading people into thinking her lupus / meds are making her eye sight worse. Someone please chime in and correct me if im wrong

2. Michel's casual drop in to a random eye doc was a fair warning that she may have ANOTHER automimmune disease (Sjogren's). I am sorry but Michel needs to stop with the nomad life and live a stable healthy monotonous life with a routine. This whole eating inflammatory fried foods, sugary lattes, not ,spending time in the sun , not moving her body habitually, not creating work-life boundaries and chasing around someone with poor hygiene that has given her multiple infections is ridiculous. I am not asking her to put her life on hold but with 3 autoimmune diseases and never having taken a sufficient amount of time off from work after her divorce and before jumping into another relationship I am afraid her body is relapsing and she never fully healed. She's got to take her health and well being more serious and see a good network of doctors and an optometrist that can follow her annually and properly track / monitor not only her health with lupus BUT also her possible severe dry eye that comes with Sjogren's Syndrome.

Hannabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by Hannabanana »

Issiedarling_1 wrote:1. Michel posted on her story that lupus meds "worsen your eyesight" then went on to say she needs glasses. I may not be right here but I think she's misleading people into thinking her lupus / meds are making her eye sight worse. Someone please chime in and correct me if im wrong

2. Michel's casual drop in to a random eye doc was a fair warning that she may have ANOTHER automimmune disease (Sjogren's). I am sorry but Michel needs to stop with the nomad life and live a stable healthy monotonous life with a routine. This whole eating inflammatory fried foods, sugary lattes, not ,spending time in the sun , not moving her body habitually, not creating work-life boundaries and chasing around someone with poor hygiene that has given her multiple infections is ridiculous. I am not asking her to put her life on hold but with 3 autoimmune diseases and never having taken a sufficient amount of time off from work after her divorce and before jumping into another relationship I am afraid her body is relapsing and she never fully healed. She's got to take her health and well being more serious and see a good network of doctors and an optometrist that can follow her annually and properly track / monitor not only her health with lupus BUT also her possible severe dry eye that comes with Sjogren's Syndrome.
Re: point 1. It’s actually the first thing she’s said in a long time that isn’t a complete lie. She takes hydroxychloroquine, which can affect your eyesight. She definitely minimizes it, saying “it causes your eyesight to deteriorate” as if it’s perfectly normal and even expected. Its not a common/accepted side effect, it’s actually a pretty severe adverse effect, and she could literally go blind from it. She’s pretty flippant about it, and acts all excited that she gets to wear glasses cause they’re cute. If her eyesight is in fact due to the med, and not just age-related changes, then she and her doc are about to have some discussions about whether she is able to continue on this medication, or whether she is going to risk blindness. Apparently the risk of vision loss continues even after stopping the med. Stopping the med might protect her vision a little bit, but at the expense of her health completely cause she won’t get to take her lupus meds any longer.

This is a Really Big Deal side effect and she’s completely delusional for simply being excited about getting to wear cute glasses.

There is a chance that it’s just cause she’s getting older, in which case it has nothing to do with her meds, and it’s another one of her many lies. I’m more than a bit skeptical about it being related to her HCQ because while I’m NAD, she doesn’t meet a lot of the risk factors, she hasn’t been taking it that long, and it’s pretty uncommon. If she mentions anything about continuing to take this medication in the future, we’ll know she’s lying about it being related to her vision loss.

Also, Staphy clearly only likes her cause she’s pretty, skinny, rich and without opinions of her own, and she gets her fraaans to buy tickets to his shows. I bet he’s the kind of dude to bounce as soon as her health problems start becoming a real issue (ie she goes blind, or his nasty unwashed MRSA-infected ass lands her in the hospital). She really needs to start taking her health a LOT more seriously if she plans to keep this guy around.

Everything about your point 2 is absolutely correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrifty+fifty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by thrifty+fifty »

She needs to sit down with her primary care physician as a matter of priority and get her health under control. Lifelong medical conditions are no joke. Ignoring them in the hopes they go away is not a viable management strategy.

aly444
Learner
Learner

Post by aly444 »

moomiu wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:45 pm
nocommentmeh wrote:She took him to the vet once and the vet recommended she give him Zyrtec (mentioned it in a vlog with weird pronunciation of Zyrtec). I think she’s taking that as a free pass to say all is well and to shut up anyone who’s concerned. Obviously, he looks worse than he did since that visit and she doesn’t seem bothered by it at all. Hate that shes projecting that “he’s a happy boy” or “maxy so excited..” when he’s a shell of what he once was. Wtf. Get a second opinion.

Also, I think her next venture is going to be selling her pottery. As someone else has mentioned before, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if she tried to make any of her hobbies or interests into a business to get profit out of. Then, when it flops or she loses interest, she’ll abandon it to find another.
Yea I was the one who speculated her next venture might be pottery - it would make sense cos of her fiasco with Summer Mornings that she has never addressed. The core point was where the mugs came from - that risk would be eliminated if she made the mugs herself.

Although not sure who would buy amateur or should I say “ama-tewer” pottery from a beginner - usually you just give those to your family Image A more sustainable way would be instead of using an excuse of buying gifts for people to spend money, she just makes mugs for them instead.

Her vlogs would be a tad more interesting if she actually got a real job. That was why I started watching her - when she was juggling everything. I think 2 failed side hustles - her clothing and Summer Mornings should be enough smack in the head for her to realize that she isn’t savvy enough to manage an actual business in the real world outside of YT.

Not that she’s savvy at YT either… her subs staying at 168k after losing over the year is suspicious Image
What she could do is create one signature mug design and have a mold made of it so it can be reproduced in bulk. Since she reads here 👋🏻 there’s an idea.

Issiedarling_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Issiedarling_1 »

Hannabanana wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:32 am
Issiedarling_1 wrote:1. Michel posted on her story that lupus meds "worsen your eyesight" then went on to say she needs glasses. I may not be right here but I think she's misleading people into thinking her lupus / meds are making her eye sight worse. Someone please chime in and correct me if im wrong

Re: point 1. It’s actually the first thing she’s said in a long time that isn’t a complete lie. She takes hydroxychloroquine, which can affect your eyesight. She definitely minimizes it, saying “it causes your eyesight to deteriorate” as if it’s perfectly normal and even expected. Its not a common/accepted side effect, it’s actually a pretty severe adverse effect, and she could literally go blind from it. She’s pretty flippant about it, and acts all excited that she gets to wear glasses cause they’re cute. If her eyesight is in fact due to the med, and not just age-related changes, then she and her doc are about to have some discussions about whether she is able to continue on this medication, or whether she is going to risk blindness. Apparently the risk of vision loss continues even after stopping the med. Stopping the med might protect her vision a little bit, but at the expense of her health completely cause she won’t get to take her lupus meds any longer.

This is a Really Big Deal side effect and she’s completely delusional for simply being excited about getting to wear cute glasses.

There is a chance that it’s just cause she’s getting older, in which case it has nothing to do with her meds, and it’s another one of her many lies. I’m more than a bit skeptical about it being related to her HCQ because while I’m NAD, she doesn’t meet a lot of the risk factors, she hasn’t been taking it that long, and it’s pretty uncommon. If she mentions anything about continuing to take this medication in the future, we’ll know she’s lying about it being related to her vision loss.

Also, Staphy clearly only likes her cause she’s pretty, skinny, rich and without opinions of her own, and she gets her fraaans to buy tickets to his shows. I bet he’s the kind of dude to bounce as soon as her health problems start becoming a real issue (ie she goes blind, or his nasty unwashed MRSA-infected ass lands her in the hospital). She really needs to start taking her health a LOT more seriously if she plans to keep this guy around.

Its my understanding that hydroxychloroquine causes bulls eye maculopathy which is a retinal condition. I could be wrong but this is what causes central vision loss and it can not be “fixed” with glasses so its very unlikely that the meds are why michel needs glasses but who knows

NoraKnowsNatalie
Talker
Talker

Post by NoraKnowsNatalie »

Sarahmolly451 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:03 pm
Part of me wonders whether Jordy's really into thrifting and vintage shopping.
Well, in all fairness, if you look at Jordy's clothes, he always looks like he's wearing something old and dirty. Maybe he DOES shop at thrift stores and wears the stuff without washing it. Gross, I know. But, it explains his unkempt look and lack of hygiene.

Don't get me wrong. I thrift most of my wardrobe. But I wash it all with Lysol Laundry Sanitizer before I wear it. Why knows what is growing in that stuff?

Hannabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by Hannabanana »

Issiedarling_1 wrote:
Hannabanana wrote:

Its my understanding that hydroxychloroquine causes bulls eye maculopathy which is a retinal condition. I could be wrong but this is what causes central vision loss and it can not be “fixed” with glasses so its very unlikely that the meds are why michel needs glasses but who knows
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, but NAD so I could be wrong

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

Hannabanana wrote:

Also, Staphy clearly only likes her cause she’s pretty, skinny, rich and without opinions of her own, and she gets her fraaans to buy tickets to his shows.

This is the literal best way to describe their relationship based on how George the third talks about Michel

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

don't totally cancel me but does everyone fully believe all the diagnoses that Michel says she has? I know illness are often invisible and can look different for every person, so I'm not saying SHE'S TOTALLY FAKING IT!!! but one does have to wonder if her lifestyle and habits read like she's not chronically sick... if maybe she's not chronically sick.

fwiw the reason I'm having this thought is because I follow another influencer who has lupus and she'll go offline for days because of flare-ups and has "sick in bed" days that she documents on occasion. she's also taking medication and is in a really good place with everything regarding the disorder, but still she hits a wall sometimes. I don't recall that happening for michel almost ever.

Itsme_vee
Talker
Talker

Post by Itsme_vee »

Jordy’s new song about Michel “she goes with everything..she goes easy on me”……you mean she’s a complete compliant doormat 🙄🤣

RowdyMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by RowdyMermaid »

Ok, don’t come at me butttt what if Jordy and Michel are actually a good fit? They are both weird with their strange voices to each other. They seem to get along quite well from what we see.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I don’t know if it’ll be long term while long distance because she definitely needs to feel settled but I wouldn’t be surprised if after the next year she ended up back in Cali.

Jordy seems like a descent person. Kinda creepy with watching her videos to get to know her but he is at least engaging when she’s vlogging. Unlike her ex who was always being standoffish and rude.

Idk, I kind of feel like at first it was not a good match AT ALL but now I think they may be well suited considering their weirdness and he seems to give Michel some confidence back. I don’t think she should’ve rushed into a relationship and I would have loved to see her be single and embrace that life but this is the life she chose. I also wish she would find herself and not just morph into whoever she is dating. That’s actually extremely sad and I’m sure there’s a psychological attachment that could be identified with that.

Idk if you noticed but in a recent vlog she spoke how she use to get MRSA and staph infections a lot as a kid — what if she is the one who gave jordy the infection? It’s just a thought. I just feel like we continue to beat jordy down and what if he is actually kind of ok? Besides his weird stalker vibes and kid book thing? Lol

Don’t lash me too harshly, I’m just popping out thoughts here. Hahaha.

thrifty+fifty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by thrifty+fifty »

sufficientcontact wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:20 pm
don't totally cancel me but does everyone fully believe all the diagnoses that Michel says she has? I know illness are often invisible and can look different for every person, so I'm not saying SHE'S TOTALLY FAKING IT!!! but one does have to wonder if her lifestyle and habits read like she's not chronically sick... if maybe she's not chronically sick.

fwiw the reason I'm having this thought is because I follow another influencer who has lupus and she'll go offline for days because of flare-ups and has "sick in bed" days that she documents on occasion. she's also taking medication and is in a really good place with everything regarding the disorder, but still she hits a wall sometimes. I don't recall that happening for michel almost ever.
Different people can have the same chronic illness and yet it will be different for each of them. Just because one lupus sufferer is offline for a while doesn't mean that Michel's lupus will be exactly the same, well-controlled or not.

What I am about to say will appear harsh but is meant kindly. I'm not sure you understand how what you wrote is offensive- it's attitudes like this around hidden or unseen disabilities that contribute to a general lack of understanding around chronic illnesses and disabilities. We cannot tell how much pain Michel may or may not be in simply from observing her videos. You don't know how much pain I am in due to my chronic illnesses and disabilities. So please, think about what you said and try to do better towards people like Michel and me.

And believe me, if it ever turns out she's faked anything, I will be first in line with the flaming pitchforks. But until then, she should be believed.

Hannabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by Hannabanana »

sufficientcontact wrote:don't totally cancel me but does everyone fully believe all the diagnoses that Michel says she has? I know illness are often invisible and can look different for every person, so I'm not saying SHE'S TOTALLY FAKING IT!!! but one does have to wonder if her lifestyle and habits read like she's not chronically sick... if maybe she's not chronically sick.

I do believe she is chronically ill, yeah. Mostly cause she’s presented us with some evidence dating back to when she was actually normal and sane (like the biopsy), and I don’t think she’s smart enough to convincingly fake it. I’m not a doctor but I do work in healthcare and my bullshit radar is pretty well tuned. Like I didn’t believe for a second that her glasses are related to her HCQ, for the reasons I stated above. I went back and took a screenshot, homegirl has astigmatism.

-she’s shown us pill bottles that seem to look enough like HCQ. I can go back and look again with a more critical eye.
-the picture below acknowledges her being screened for retinopathy related to her HCQ. Her name and birthdate are on the document, plus I don’t think she could find something that is so relevant to her specific medical condition and pass it off as her own. Some people are definitely this manipulative, she is not.
-we did see her hair falling out and nails falling off.
-HCQ is almost exclusively used for autoimmune conditions, plus malaria so she wouldn’t really be on it for another reason

Lupus presents wildly differently from person to person, so it’s not a stretch to think that she is presenting differently than someone else. And a lot of those autoimmune conditions ARE connected, so its a reasonable possibility that she does have them all.

However I don’t think that any of her conditions are really that severe (yet), because if they were, her absolute lack of meaningful self-care would mean she would be functioning much less well than she is. For example if her celiac were anything more than mild, and she just shoved whatever she was handed into her face without question as often as she does, she would be extremely sick a lot more. Same with lupus and spending time in the sun, lack of stable routine, living off of coffee and single bites of donuts, etc. I’m sure it’ll start catching up with her soon if she doesn’t make some changes.

Based on the lack of her own personality, NEED to be needed, impulsivity, self-image issues, unhealthy parasocial relationship with fraans but blocking anyone who says anything even mildly critical, and lack of regard for her own well being, plus chronic lying/inconsistencies, I have other thoughts too, but last time I voiced them my comment was deleted sooooooo I’ll keep it to myself

thrifty+fifty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by thrifty+fifty »

New video is....interesting.

Jordy wrote a new song about her always going easy on him, not sure it was totally flattering

She's going to make a custom candle with a special scent that she's choosing, and it will have a label designed by one of her friends, and it will be a small production run made in the US. Sounded... familiar...

New title cards and music

Spoke about Max's allergies, and he was looking much better, not just his fur but he was definitely more energetic and full of life than he has been for some time. So that's a relief.she spok.

She spoke about having anxious thoughts and feeling like there's a big weight on her chest (IANAD). I realllllly don't think nomad life agreed with her, and I think it's starting to take a toll on her.

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

RowdyMermaid wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:15 pm
Ok, don’t come at me butttt what if Jordy and Michel are actually a good fit? They are both weird with their strange voices to each other. They seem to get along quite well from what we see.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I don’t know if it’ll be long term while long distance because she definitely needs to feel settled but I wouldn’t be surprised if after the next year she ended up back in Cali.

Jordy seems like a descent person. Kinda creepy with watching her videos to get to know her but he is at least engaging when she’s vlogging. Unlike her ex who was always being standoffish and rude.

Idk, I kind of feel like at first it was not a good match AT ALL but now I think they may be well suited considering their weirdness and he seems to give Michel some confidence back. I don’t think she should’ve rushed into a relationship and I would have loved to see her be single and embrace that life but this is the life she chose. I also wish she would find herself and not just morph into whoever she is dating. That’s actually extremely sad and I’m sure there’s a psychological attachment that could be identified with that.

Idk if you noticed but in a recent vlog she spoke how she use to get MRSA and staph infections a lot as a kid — what if she is the one who gave jordy the infection? It’s just a thought. I just feel like we continue to beat jordy down and what if he is actually kind of ok? Besides his weird stalker vibes and kid book thing? Lol

i think when most of us criticize jordy one of the main things to keep in mind is him making sexual remarks about a commenters mother, and not stopping being an asshole after finding out shes dead. plus, threatening to beat up someone in a parking lot over a youtube comment. im not sure about other people but i cant look past that. that whole week he was behaving insane in her comments.

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

i might be unpopular in saying this, and maybe its because im very private as a person, but i dont get her sharing every detail about possible diagnosis, and doctors notes. i find that to be incredibly vulnerable information and it encourages people to diagnose you over the internet which is not only inappropriate but damaging, since shes already anxious. maybe im wrong or too close minded, but its a bit icky.

thrifty+fifty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by thrifty+fifty »

pettycrimes wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:50 pm
i might be unpopular in saying this, and maybe its because im very private as a person, but i dont get her sharing every detail about possible diagnosis, and doctors notes. i find that to be incredibly vulnerable information and it encourages people to diagnose you over the internet which is not only inappropriate but damaging, since shes already anxious. maybe im wrong or too close minded, but its a bit icky.
I wouldn't do that either, especially her doctor's notes, but maybe she thinks she has to post proof of her diagnoses.

gj75mpkzhq
Learner
Learner

Post by gj75mpkzhq »

pettycrimes wrote:
RowdyMermaid wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:15 pm

i think when most of us criticize jordy one of the main things to keep in mind is him making sexual remarks about a commenters mother, and not stopping being an asshole after finding out shes dead. plus, threatening to beat up someone in a parking lot over a youtube comment. im not sure about other people but i cant look past that. that whole week he was behaving insane in her comments.
Meh, while I think it’s totally fair to criticize him for those, two incidents in the YouTube comments isn’t really enough for me to deem someone a bad person. I cannot think of a single person I know well who hasn’t - at SOME point in their lives - said something worse. And the morality gets a bit grey when we consider this in the context of (1) he was (misguidedly) trying to defend his girlfriend, and (2) I don’t think any real or reasonable threat was perceived from his comments. Immature and stupid, yes - very. But overall, not that harmful in my opinion.

Personally, I think he’s a fine person, and I enjoy his music, though I understand that’s an unpopular take here. I think he and Michel are pretty well matched at this point in life (though not without their flaws, like any couple). In the future, when I assume Michel will want to settle and he will want to continue pursuing his career, things will probably change.

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

gj75mpkzhq wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:51 pm
pettycrimes wrote: i think when most of us criticize jordy one of the main things to keep in mind is him making sexual remarks about a commenters mother, and not stopping being an asshole after finding out shes dead. plus, threatening to beat up someone in a parking lot over a youtube comment. im not sure about other people but i cant look past that. that whole week he was behaving insane in her comments.
Meh, while I think it’s totally fair to criticize him for those, two incidents in the YouTube comments isn’t really enough for me to deem someone a bad person. I cannot think of a single person I know well who hasn’t - at SOME point in their lives - said something worse. And the morality gets a bit grey when we consider this in the context of (1) he was (misguidedly) trying to defend his girlfriend, and (2) I don’t think any real or reasonable threat was perceived from his comments. Immature and stupid, yes - very. But overall, not that harmful in my opinion.

Personally, I think he’s a fine person, and I enjoy his music, though I understand that’s an unpopular take here. I think he and Michel are pretty well matched at this point in life (though not without their flaws, like any couple). In the future, when I assume Michel will want to settle and he will want to continue pursuing his career, things will probably change.
i just wonder if youd still be his fan if he told YOU that he was having intercourse with YOUR mother, that YOUR mother committed suicide to get out of raising YOU. in what world is this a harmless defense? it was an ig comment, not even hateful towards him, petty sure, but this wasnt warranted. maybe i have different standards, but i cant defend that. i could and would never befriend someone with that vocabulary. there is also a power imbalance and its a horrible move to make on his work account. even if his music didnt sound like it does to me (not good), or even if he payed me, i would never defend that behavior. thats me though, maybe im too sensitive.

NoraKnowsNatalie
Talker
Talker

Post by NoraKnowsNatalie »

At the risk of stating the obvious, we don't actually "know" anything about Michel except what she chooses to show and tell us.

For example, I have no idea what she eats or how much she eats in a typical day. For all I know, she loves fast food and binges on Cheetos and M&Ms when she is off-camera.

Likewise, I have no idea how sick she is or how severe any of the disorders she mentions really are. I only know what she tells us.

As a result, I find some comments here oddly presumptuous. The more I watch Michel, the more obvious it is that she is presenting a carefully controlled narrative that may or may not bear any resemblance to the truth. That makes it hard for any of us to "fill in the blanks" and come to any sort of logical conclusion on much of anything.

Bottom line:

1. Just because she shows us something doesn't mean she does it all the time.

2. Likewise, just because we don't see her doing something doesn't mean that it doesn't happen offscreen.

This is the "Michel show." She is showing you no more and no less than what SHE chooses to. And sometimes it feels really dishonest and manipulative.

Return to “Michel Janse”