With Love, Leena: Part 3

Girlypop
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: With Love, Leena: Part 3

Post by Girlypop »

If I were marah and I posted photos with every other woman I would take one with my sis in law too! It seems so mean. I also remember when leena announced she was preganant to Omar’s mom and marah. Marah didn’t even say congrats or look happy. She just said ohhh How many months are u? Like so jealous and fake.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

Girlypop wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:42 am
If I were marah and I posted photos with every other woman I would take one with my sis in law too! It seems so mean. I also remember when leena announced she was preganant to Omar’s mom and marah. Marah didn’t even say congrats or look happy. She just said ohhh How many months are u? Like so jealous and fake.
Even Omar's mum didn't seem that fussed. When Marah told her she was pregnant she was jumping up and down and crying. Marah is definitely the favourite lol.

L2503
Learner
Learner

Post by L2503 »

Girlypop wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:42 am
I am just speculating here but it could just be that they don't get along because of Leena's or Marah's ways.
I mean, I'm not an influencer but I am very close with my oldest brother, yet our family does not particularly get on well with my SIL. We obviously have her around for family gatherings and whenever my brother's around, but the way she acts is just not to our liking. She acts very entitled when she's at our house which can sometimes be perceived as insulting, and when we come to their house, she has that attitude whereby you don't feel welcome at all. We keep in contact because obviously she's part of the family and we love my brother, but we won't necessarily be all jolly around her because that's how she makes us feel. It could be something similar with Leena and Marah but, once again, I am only speculating here.

L2503
Learner
Learner

Post by L2503 »

Regarding Loren and the discussion about her 'culture': I totally agree when it comes to people saying that she should not say that the way they do things is 'cultural'. This is not cultural, this is just an internal family choice, and fair enough it's their choice at the end of the day.

I think she should have phrased it better by saying 'this is how we do things within my family' and I believe it would have been received better. Each to their own and we are not really here to judge, considering Allah (swt) is the one who judges but if some people are knowledgable enough to educate her on the matter, I don't see why they shouldn't tell her in comments as, from my understanding, it is a very good thing in Islam to let people know when they are doing something wrong and aren't realising. I myself am still learning therefore do not feel like it is my area of expertise to educate them but if anyone feels like they are, please do.

However, it doesn't particularly shock me that they do things that way, as they do not strike me as really practising muslims. You could tell from Loren's groceries that her and her husband do not eat halal meat, all sisters have their nails done, yet supposedly pray 5 times a day. They do things their own way and it's their choice, but I totally agree that they should not be saying that this is right according to Muslim culture, when really and truly it is just personal choice from them/their family. Where I am from originally, you couldn't enter the Masjid with a manicure or makeup, but I see other muslim influencers who do so, so perhaps it is a US thing to be 'relaxed' about those?

For the record, I live in Europe and I have muslim friends who casually live with their boyfriends without Nikkah, one who even has 3 kids from a non-muslim husband, with whom she had kids outside of wedlock. Nothing strikes me anymore but I just wish they could be transparent and not portray it as a cultural thing, as this might influence younger followers who may think it is totally acceptable for all muslims to live/act that way, when some families could be more practising/stricter than others.
They clearly don't realise how much influence they have in the real world. Not too long ago I was at the supermarket, and a girl who was probably 12/13 threw the worst tantrum because her Mum refused to buy her anti-ageing cream. Anti-ageing cream guys...She was crying so badly because her Mum refused and she started shouting that a local influencer was buying the same and her Mum was allowing her to buy it...so I can totally see younger crowds thinking that the way the Asads do things is how things should be done.

jasmine212
Learner
Learner

Post by jasmine212 »

Mermeladadefresa wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:40 am
yayme clapclap wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:07 am
On another note…

Anyone else cringe at Leenas “you guys are my family” comment :roll: :rofl:
Hahah yep😅 and as if she triiiies and approves of every little thing she links to make sure it‘s absoluuutely only the best🙃 they recommend everything that they buy, it‘s not possible to have tested everything for 3 months or so and campare it to at least 5 similar products.

I mean the post she shared where they quote her saying the more you share the more you earn says all you need to know what she really thinks about her followers, oops,family🫢
that statement of hers really annoyed me too.. she does not promote everything she uses herself.. really leena? you promoted summers eve, do you use that too?

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

L2503 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:28 pm
Regarding Loren and the discussion about her 'culture': I totally agree when it comes to people saying that she should not say that the way they do things is 'cultural'. This is not cultural, this is just an internal family choice, and fair enough it's their choice at the end of the day.

I think she should have phrased it better by saying 'this is how we do things within my family' and I believe it would have been received better. Each to their own and we are not really here to judge, considering Allah (swt) is the one who judges but if some people are knowledgable enough to educate her on the matter, I don't see why they shouldn't tell her in comments as, from my understanding, it is a very good thing in Islam to let people know when they are doing something wrong and aren't realising. I myself am still learning therefore do not feel like it is my area of expertise to educate them but if anyone feels like they are, please do.

However, it doesn't particularly shock me that they do things that way, as they do not strike me as really practising muslims. You could tell from Loren's groceries that her and her husband do not eat halal meat, all sisters have their nails done, yet supposedly pray 5 times a day. They do things their own way and it's their choice, but I totally agree that they should not be saying that this is right according to Muslim culture, when really and truly it is just personal choice from them/their family. Where I am from originally, you couldn't enter the Masjid with a manicure or makeup, but I see other muslim influencers who do so, so perhaps it is a US thing to be 'relaxed' about those?

For the record, I live in Europe and I have muslim friends who casually live with their boyfriends without Nikkah, one who even has 3 kids from a non-muslim husband, with whom she had kids outside of wedlock. Nothing strikes me anymore but I just wish they could be transparent and not portray it as a cultural thing, as this might influence younger followers who may think it is totally acceptable for all muslims to live/act that way, when some families could be more practising/stricter than others.
They clearly don't realise how much influence they have in the real world. Not too long ago I was at the supermarket, and a girl who was probably 12/13 threw the worst tantrum because her Mum refused to buy her anti-ageing cream. Anti-ageing cream guys...She was crying so badly because her Mum refused and she started shouting that a local influencer was buying the same and her Mum was allowing her to buy it...so I can totally see younger crowds thinking that the way the Asads do things is how things should be done.
I find it really surprising that Loren is eating haram meat because this can cause someone’s duas to be rejected. With all the influencer & dentistry money she and her husband make, she still can’t afford to buy halal meat? I’m assuming she spends all this money towards her nails & her skin care regime. Whilst I don’t know if she’s on her monthly right now, the nails she has done don’t seem like the kind of nails you get done for a week. I’m convinced the only time these girls follow Islam is when it comes to relationships. I don’t want to judge someone for how they follow the deen but when I see their habits, all I can do is feel sorry for them.

yayme clapclap
Talker
Talker

Post by yayme clapclap »

yom0606 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:09 pm
L2503 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:28 pm

I find it really surprising that Loren is eating haram meat because this can cause someone’s duas to be rejected. With all the influencer & dentistry money she and her husband make, she still can’t afford to buy halal meat? I’m assuming she spends all this money towards her nails & her skin care regime. Whilst I don’t know if she’s on her monthly right now, the nails she has done don’t seem like the kind of nails you get done for a week. I’m convinced the only time these girls follow Islam is when it comes to relationships. I don’t want to judge someone for how they follow the deen but when I see their habits, all I can do is feel sorry for them.
I think they all eat haram meat (or at least, they did a few years ago) since I remember them casually going out to eat meat burgers in non-halal places, forgive me if I’m wrong. Amanda also posted some kind of food AD not too long ago which had meat in it and replied to someone asking if it was halal saying it wasn’t.

The other day when Loren went to get her nails done she made a video saying this is the longest she hasn’t had them done (I think she said it had been a few weeks?) so yeah, no idea how prayer works around that.

Gossip8787
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossip8787 »

No, they aren’t practicing, which is fine, but make it clear. They don’t do that. Besides Hijab, I don’t think Leena is really all that practicing either. Their nails are always done, they eat Chick-fil-A in most of their videos, and I doubt they pray 5x a day. None are modest at all. Leena wears a face full of makeup with her hijab so ehh not really modest. Loren and Amanda wear skin tight clothing. They have no idea what the definition of nikkah is, never have any commentary of anything Muslims or what Muslims identify with. Again, it’s fine, but they shouldn’t label themselves as practicing.

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

Omar posted pictures of himself at his cousin's engagement party on his stories. Every other man there is wearing a suit or at least a jacket, and he looks like some guy who wandered in off the street wearing a plain button down and pants that look like jeans. Read the room, dude.

Loren oohing and aahing at herself in the viewfinder and gushing about how amazing she thinks she looks is just...beyond. I do not understand why anyone would think she is someone to look up to. Also, and this is probably just me because I don't wear makeup, I think she looks ridiculous. Too much makeup, too much blush, too much highlighter, too much everything.

Gossip8787
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossip8787 »

Ya it’s sickening how full she is of herself(Loren).

strangegirl_58
Informer
Informer

Post by strangegirl_58 »

In Lorens tiktok where she talks about looking 16 what the heck is up with her mouth? Its like she has no teeth, the way she keeps moving her moutj is really not nice either

All that makeup she puts on but then talks about clean food and products LOL. That ring light makes everything look nice because kn her blog when shes in the kitchen it looks like she has a huge red mark on the side of her face...but thats the blush but it looks horrible and not blended

Pedantic1157
Learner
Learner

Post by Pedantic1157 »

I also don’t know why Loren thinks it’s a flex to say multiple people say she looks 16. Her husband uzi kamal should be horrified she’s going around saying that bc it makes him look to be attracted to teenage girls.

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

Pedantic1157 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:26 am
I also don’t know why Loren thinks it’s a flex to say multiple people say she looks 16. Her husband uzi kamal should be horrified she’s going around saying that bc it makes him look to be attracted to teenage girls.
This. If Loren herself and anyone else in their family had any critical thinking skills, all the alarm bells in the world would be going off about a 31yo man who wants to marry a girl who looks and acts 16. But apparently, he ticks all the right boxes (ie he's Arab, he's nominally Muslim, he has money).

Gossip8787
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossip8787 »

Yea, Uzi is not right. I don’t know any young professionals who would ever put up with this behavior or be attracted to it. Especially not in healthcare. Major red flags with this guy. So beyond creepy on his part.

Justheretoread25
Learner
Learner

Post by Justheretoread25 »

Funny to hear Loren talk about Game of Thrones which has lots of sex and violence. Are Muslims allowed to watch this kind of stuff?

yayme clapclap
Talker
Talker

Post by yayme clapclap »

strangegirl_58 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:05 pm
In Lorens tiktok where she talks about looking 16 what the heck is up with her mouth? Its like she has no teeth, the way she keeps moving her moutj is really not nice either

All that makeup she puts on but then talks about clean food and products LOL. That ring light makes everything look nice because kn her blog when shes in the kitchen it looks like she has a huge red mark on the side of her face...but thats the blush but it looks horrible and not blended
I see what you mean! Her top lip isn’t moving at all..

Gossipme89
Learner
Learner

Post by Gossipme89 »

yayme clapclap wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:47 pm
strangegirl_58 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:05 pm

I see what you mean! Her top lip isn’t moving at all..
Maybe a lip flip? (Not done great)

Mustbeuniqke
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mustbeuniqke »

Speaking of lips…I can’t deal with Leena’s constant lip smacking when she speaks. It just makes her sound even more stut

jasmine212
Learner
Learner

Post by jasmine212 »

loren was basically gushing about how people say she looks like Sansa stark/ Sophie turner.. umm I think her fiancé is the one who thinks this 😂😂 I mean if anyone else has said it before she would have mentioned it. also anyone else notice that his dogs name is John snow? which is also a character from game of thrones? sounds like this guy is a hard core game of thrones fans with the way she was like describing watching it with him.. also sounds like he's just rewatching it with her 😂 how creepy would it be if he finds her attractive because of her similarity to a game of thrones character 😬

also guys its hard to find Arabs in America who eat halal meat..its not just the non religious folks..its also the religious ones...they all eat it. if you find one that doesn't then consider it rare. plus they know its not correct of them to do this.. they literally admit to it.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

Does anyone else find it weird that Usama brings his dog to his dental office every day? I mean for one, there's the sanitary aspect which has been discussed here. But also, I guess it made sense given his work schedule and 1 hour commute time since dogs can't be stuck at home and not able to go out for that long, but now that Loren is at the house wouldn't it make sense for him to leave the dog at home with her?

Return to “The Asad Sisters”