Having Braces as an Adult

helloparis
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Having Braces as an Adult

Post by helloparis »

I'm a bit younger... I'm 17 (turning 18 next month) and I currently have braces. I've had my top braces for basically a year and a couple months now (it will be 2 years in this August) and I just recently got my bottom braces on in November. I feel kind of weird having braces as not a lot of high school seniors have braces, but I mean, I'm so used to it now I can't imagine me without my braces haha.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Having Braces as an Adult

Post by wanderlust »

PipPip wrote:I'm 24 and currently have braces. I've had them for a little over a year now and don't regret the decision at all. Even one year has made a huge difference. My treatment was $3800 and my monthly bill is $150, with a $250 down payment. If you think you will be self conscious about them you could also try the invisalign, "clear" braces or lingual braces, but they are more expensive. I was very self conscious about my teeth before, so I don't care what people think of my braces because I figure at least they know I'm doing something to improve my teeth and it's only temporary. I'd say go for it. :)
Thanks for the advice! You being the same age as me helps!

Return to “Dental Health”