Sierra Elmore/sierrawritesya

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Re: Sierra Elmore/sierrawritesya

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Excuse the triple-posting, but just some things to keep in mind:

-if Sierra’s bankrupt, her bankruptcy is (allegedly) available online for the public the view, depending on which bankruptcy it is (simply being broke is technically not bankruptcy)
-Your bankruptcy lawyer isn’t going to help you with internet issues
-there’s this thing called Section 230, which in the U.S. means that Guru Gossip’s creators, in this case, aren't responsible for this thread because they didn’t create it.

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:52 pm
Someone made a thread summarizing Sierra’s situation. https://archive.ph/csrCW

Sierra’s response: https://archive.ph/dcnzh

She’s calling stats from a social blade-type site lies. I thought you were a data girl, Sierra?

https://archive.ph/Jconk
I'M SCREAMING, no wonder she's been big mad recently. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all this.

https://archive.ph/wUerV
thepastcomesbacktohauntyou.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

jysk wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:13 pm
I'm confused as to why she thinks that taking legal action will get her GG thread taken down, when much better-resourced individuals talked about on here still have their threads up...? I don’t see a way for her to get this thread down unless her lawyer tries something extremely stupid like a bogus DMCA takedown notice by claiming that her book was posted here or something. If she's talking about going after sofisticat for defamation...what is suing a John or Jane Doe going to achieve? Is she talking about a cease and desist? I don't know GG's history very well, but I have a hard time imagining that this is the first cease and desist this website has received or that the mods have dealt with. Again: what is that going to achieve?

Sierra, acting like GG, especially the booktube section, is 4chan or kiwifarms is disingenuous and does you no favours. No one here wishes you any harm, and I guarantee that everyone here would like to be able to root for you. I have said multiple times on here that I believe you could find an audience for The Art of Congressional Love and potentially publish it traditionally, and I would like to see that become a reality for you.

Honestly, if you'd said something like "this thread has resulted in me getting rejected from jobs I applied for as it documents past behaviour that makes me look unreliable", rather than "the evil bullies who frequently handle me with kid gloves are trying to hold me accountable for the way I operated my online shop", I would have been in favour of asking the mods to remove this thread.

But does that really count as OUR fault when we're posting about things she's done? It's all in one collected spot, sure. But all of it originates from Sierra's socials that she's posted publicly. This reminds me of when Jeffree Star did that asmr hate comments and read someone's comment without blocking out their name and they demanded he take down the video for fear of being hired. Yet that commenter had no problem making the original comment on a video.

And really, all Sierra is doing in this case is flashing a large spot light to both the site and her thread.

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

(Sorry for double posting)

Wait Sierra's mom is on Twitter??? 💀💀💀 Sierra your mom's going to end up getting you in trouble.

https://archive.ph/zN5Je
Screenshot_20220806-214454-559.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I really hope that's not her mom but it wouldn't surprise me. Sierra's already making manipulative posts again:

sierralogoff.jpg

Someone on twitter made a thread following up on this one: https://mobile.twitter.com/lemonie_fres ... 3927527424 that has also collated all Sierra's shenanigans up to this point.
yikes.png

introvertedowl
Talker
Talker

Post by introvertedowl »

just a cat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:55 pm
(Sorry for double posting)

Wait Sierra's mom is on Twitter??? 💀💀💀 Sierra your mom's going to end up getting you in trouble.

https://archive.ph/zN5Je
Screenshot_20220806-214454-559.png
Honestly, I hope her mom steps in and gets her off Twitter, the fact she made a new account to defend Sierra shows she cares and wants to help (even if it's a little misguided). But at the same time... What does she mean she didn't have access to the email?? For how long? Because she claims she's responding all the time to customers

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

sofisticat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:52 pm
jysk wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:13 pm
I'm confused as to why she thinks that taking legal action will get her GG thread taken down, when much better-resourced individuals talked about on here still have their threads up...? I don’t see a way for her to get this thread down unless her lawyer tries something extremely stupid like a bogus DMCA takedown notice by claiming that her book was posted here or something. If she's talking about going after sofisticat for defamation...what is suing a John or Jane Doe going to achieve? Is she talking about a cease and desist? I don't know GG's history very well, but I have a hard time imagining that this is the first cease and desist this website has received or that the mods have dealt with. Again: what is that going to achieve?

Sierra, acting like GG, especially the booktube section, is 4chan or kiwifarms is disingenuous and does you no favours. No one here wishes you any harm, and I guarantee that everyone here would like to be able to root for you. I have said multiple times on here that I believe you could find an audience for The Art of Congressional Love and potentially publish it traditionally, and I would like to see that become a reality for you.

Honestly, if you'd said something like "this thread has resulted in me getting rejected from jobs I applied for as it documents past behaviour that makes me look unreliable", rather than "the evil bullies who frequently handle me with kid gloves are trying to hold me accountable for the way I operated my online shop", I would have been in favour of asking the mods to remove this thread.

But does that really count as OUR fault when we're posting about things she's done? It's all in one collected spot, sure. But all of it originates from Sierra's socials that she's posted publicly. This reminds me of when Jeffree Star did that asmr hate comments and read someone's comment without blocking out their name and they demanded he take down the video for fear of being hired. Yet that commenter had no problem making the original comment on a video.

And really, all Sierra is doing in this case is flashing a large spot light to both the site and her thread.
Oh I definitely don't think it's our fault, I'd just be more inclined to be sympathetic if she was like "hey this is preventing me from being hired because when employers Google me this thread comes up where all my behaviour is very easily accessible/organized" or something in that vein, rather than...what she's doing.

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

Advice to follow for self publishing

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

Arriahj wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:32 pm
just a cat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:19 pm
Wow I missed A LOT lol. I blame work for being so busy.

FYI, this is the reason some people use anonymous accounts babes.
Screenshot_20220806-171733-537.png
Yes if somebody taling shit about me yes I go look but after a while idgf honest.
if someone is talking shit about me and I go hunt it down to read it I'm sure as shit not going to post about it on my twitter. not to sound like an after school special but like... you're just creating more content to be posted about. if I felt the need to go to a gossip site and read people being ~bullies~ or whatever, I'd go be in my feels about it to my friends not to strangers on the internet.

also did you peep she's going to pay back the boxes after she gets a job but it's sooo hard. where's your fast food job? barista? mall retail?

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

darcybones wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:09 pm
Arriahj wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:32 pm

Yes if somebody taling shit about me yes I go look but after a while idgf honest.
if someone is talking shit about me and I go hunt it down to read it I'm sure as shit not going to post about it on my twitter. not to sound like an after school special but like... you're just creating more content to be posted about. if I felt the need to go to a gossip site and read people being ~bullies~ or whatever, I'd go be in my feels about it to my friends not to strangers on the internet.

also did you peep she's going to pay back the boxes after she gets a job but it's sooo hard. where's your fast food job? barista? mall retail?
90% of internet drama could be avoided if people just vented to their friends. This is why people have group chats. If you don't want to bother them or you don't have friends, journal or complain to your pet.

So many people treat tweets like texts, when they have entirely different audiences. Sierra and book twitter would have much less active threads, if people stopped. treating. twitter. like. group. chats. Sometimes you don't need to tweet something or shouldn't tweet it for whatever reason.

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

some people need to revisit their lessons on using their 'inside voice' lol

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Lemonie_fresh deleted their Twitter. Sad bc I don’t think they did or said anything wrong.

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:08 pm
Lemonie_fresh deleted their Twitter. Sad bc I don’t think they did or said anything wrong.
I'm not surprised with Sierra threatening legal action and her mother trying to get them to talk over the phone. Way to silence people bringing up valid concerns :roll:

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Darn I leav got 5 mins and this happens 🤣🤣. She asking like this is going viral when we see those Ignore people up there harassing other people and getting fire from their jobs.

We post what see you do miss Serria and going base off that 🤔
I think we all can agree what we're not going to do is hunt somebody down(like some authors have done in the pass 😬) especially their job and email the company.

Also when she question would yall treat white authors like this ummmm have you been on twiiter lately or in the last couple years because the community be getting on them like crazy the straight white authors. Maybe I'm on a different side of book twitter

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Then also I won't feel comfortable just email anybody that not the owner or the person who not thw owner or may and maybe be the one who was helping her at first

Sorry if this was already posy twice

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:08 pm
I think either and for this person to say they were stalking her.. Like how because this come from Serria Tweets (go back a few pages) she said ( Paraphrasia) that if they choose to read here it's all lies. So some people are choosing to read here. People who are curious are here because she keep mentioning this site

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

How her followers are still making excuses is baffling, but hey, it's not my money so I'm just going to sit back and watch the circus. First she has no money because she's bankrupt but then she immediately says her lawyer is making a case. Now it's, "I would sue after the book boxes"? Which is it then? And once more, how can she afford a lawyer?

https://archive.ph/epGSc
https://archive.ph/ehc4z

Of course that thread made her look bad...because that's exactly what it looks like. That's why she had a public meltdown. What else are people going to think when someone finally puts all the threads together? She keeps saying these are "unhinged lies" and "malformed truths" but it's all information gathered from her own oversharing. I mean, if I owed anyone money I sure wouldn't be posting about buying anything online where anyone can see it. She could've even lied and said someone else bought her that stuff and no one would know.

And when someone calls her out to her face the first thing she does is threaten to sue to try and shut them up? How do you expect us not to use aliases when your first course of action is trying to silence people posing legitimate concerns? I didn't think she was malicious but at this point it feels like Sierra is just a bully in disguise. Lord only knows what nasty things she might be saying in private.

foolishheartsx
Learner
Learner

Post by foolishheartsx »

sofisticat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:09 pm
I really hope that's not her mom but it wouldn't surprise me. Sierra's already making manipulative posts again:

sierralogoff.jpg

Someone on twitter made a thread following up on this one: https://mobile.twitter.com/lemonie_fres ... 3927527424 that has also collated all Sierra's shenanigans up to this point.

yikes.png
Ok, the 'would ya'll treat ...' statements in this tweet annoy me in relation to Sierra talking about gurugossip. We know that POC (especially Black people) and Queer people are held to a higher standard than everyone else, but using this to make is seem like gg is only criticisng her is just false when this place is literally on thread number 3 about Sasha Alsberg. When it comes to Sierra, gg is pointing out shady behaviour when it comes to owing people money or items that they have paid for yet haven't received and are not getting answers but somehow Sierra has the money for wants not needs for themselves and begging people for money when it comes to needs not wants, it's genuinely shady behaviour. The threads on Sasha include judging her on her relationships (romantic and familial), moving to London and continually dying her hair - a lot more petty stuff than the Sierra thread - so yes, this place does do this to white, straight and able-bodied people.

Using the fact that Black, Queer and Disabled people are normally held to a higher standard and face more criticism than white, straight and able-bodied people are in order to silent legitimate criticism against you is gross.

howcouldshenot
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by howcouldshenot »

I'm 98% sure you can't sue anonymous posters on an internet forum for defamation. And that being said, defamation itself is incredibly hard to prosecute in the US. As is libel.

Return to “BookTube”