Pixiwoo Random Discussions

JuliaWinston

Re: A Family of Shillers

Post by JuliaWinston »

I agree 100%. It's so embarrassing and sad to watch them get more and more desperate with each video.

inventive
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by inventive »

lips wrote:0%. It's so embarrassing and sad to watch them get more and more desperate with each video.
I always thought Sam and Nic were low socio-economic class! Their eyebrows and attitude just say it all!

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

I don't know what you mean by low class, but I always took they were upper-middle class (and if you mean as in not being classy, then disregard this). Besides, I doubt their mom and their little brother John make enough to support themselves with their channels, I think they just have them because of their niche (though I'm not saying they aren't making videos for the monetary profit that comes from it). The youtube thing I think is the only thing I could think of to criticize their family. Like their family is ridiculously perfect compared to nearly every family I personally know.

Caryatid

Post by Caryatid »

Sam and Nic are excellent makeup artists, imho. I personally do not benefit from their more extreme tutorials, but I do think those tutes are fun to watch. I actually admire them for being enterprising, and I've bought a bunch of Sam's makeup brushes and they are superlative and affordable. My only criticism has to do with Nic's voice, which is high-pitched, gravelly, and harsh. Being on You Tube makes her a public speaker now, so maybe she should consider going to a speech consultant; these things can be fixed.

Violet_blue

Re: Real Makeup Artists Don't Rely on YouTube to Make a Livi

Post by Violet_blue »

I heard Nic mention jobs she has done. They are the most professional on Youtube, having time to focus on the videos seems to step up the quality.

blueberrymuffin

Sam Singing!

Post by blueberrymuffin »

Did anyone see the video of Sam singing on their PixiwooMadness channel?

[youtube][/youtube]

Thoughts? I think she has a lovely voice!

GuruGossiper15
Learner
Learner

Re: Sam Singing!

Post by GuruGossiper15 »

I think she has a good voice too!

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

I wasn't blown away, but it wasn't offensive.

blueberrymuffin

Post by blueberrymuffin »

lips wrote:Ugh whatever.. This slag seems to need an inordinate amount of praise and worship from complete strangers on the Internet. Can't stand her. She also went on and on about crying because she couldn't be a supermodel as a kid. Seriously get a life. Get some therapy.
Slag? Exactly what makes you think she's a slag? That's a horrible thing to call someone!

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

i really miss the downvote button :(

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Real Makeup Artists Don't Rely on YouTube to Make a Livi

Post by Alka »

can't believe we lost all those posts about pixiwoo and now have to explain from the start to naive people what pixiwoos really are

BiancaJS

Post by BiancaJS »

I thought she sang nice, but she was kind of asking for attention. She purposely kept her singing in her Emeli Sandé video when she could have edited it out. Then she said she had a bunch of people ask her to make a video of her singing, I personally did not see anyone ask that.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Digital magazine?

Post by Fadia Fiji »

On the latest pixiwoo video (Gwen Stefani 'Pin-up' Make-up Tutorial), Nic linked a twitter account for their digital magazine called Two Magazine
When did that happen?

Fuzzy Lego

Re: Digital magazine?

Post by Fuzzy Lego »

I saw something online about it being launched last week. Sadly most of the twitter peeps I follow that are beauty related seem to love these women :roll:

mascara
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mascara »

Ok, she thinks she's "terrible" and "singing badly" - her exact words, as seen in her tags, yet she posts it? She obviously thinks she's great and is just fishing for compliments. Pathetic, really. I don't think she was bad, her facial expressions/attempts to look sexy were a bit cringeworthy, but her whole "oh my god I'm so rubbish at this" comes off as so desperate and off putting.

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

Suspiria wrote:The youtube thing I think is the only thing I could think of to criticize their family. Like their family is ridiculously perfect compared to nearly every family I personally know.
Where's their father? Doesn't seem ridiculously perfect to me. Besides, Sam and Nic in particular don't put up too much personal stuff - they don't vlog like Jim and Tanya. It's like the Facebook effect - no one posts about their credit card debt or their gross medical problems or their fights with their siblings (well, most people). It's all Sunshine Happy Land.

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

I REALLY hope she doesnt make those faces at her children when shes singing to them! how cringy and desperate!

winky
Learner
Learner

Post by winky »

I've always wondered where their father is. I think Jim says they all have the same dad, but none of them will elaborate on it.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

heyheyheynow wrote:
Suspiria wrote:The youtube thing I think is the only thing I could think of to criticize their family. Like their family is ridiculously perfect compared to nearly every family I personally know.
Where's their father? Doesn't seem ridiculously perfect to me. Besides, Sam and Nic in particular don't put up too much personal stuff - they don't vlog like Jim and Tanya. It's like the Facebook effect - no one posts about their credit card debt or their gross medical problems or their fights with their siblings (well, most people). It's all Sunshine Happy Land.
That isn't what I meant by them looking perfect, and I didn't mean that they actually ARE a completely perfect family. Because, like I compared to personal families I know, I'm not aware of theirs. But even so I still feel the same way even though their father is never mentioned. I mean really, the outcome of their family is enough evidence to support that their (possibly) absent father isn't a big deal. :roll:

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

No one's family is perfect, obviously. But I don't see how their father not being present is an issue at all. They obviously have a close relationship with their Mother, and all of the siblings seem to be close. Plenty of families exist without fathers. Hell, some women raise a child without a man from the get go.

Return to “Pixiwoo”