clothesencounters

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters

Post by emmygues »

I'll love to know how she made her eyelids even without surgery.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Post by LaLaLaLaHateYou »

^ Right? I remember someone posted a pic of her eyelid looking funky like she used glue or something, but it seems to have worked, lol.

Goldn
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Goldn »

One thing that seriously bothers me is that I always read her names as "Clothes and Counters" EVERY SINGLE TIME lol
She has a really nice voice and smile, but her style is too extreme for me. I'd rather take certain elements of her outfits, but all together I'd feel like I'm trying too hard. Then again, I'm not into fashion and she clearly is so :)

emjenc
Lurker
Lurker

Post by emjenc »

Her new hair is so brassy, the orange colour really looks terrible on her.
You'd think that in posting multiple selfies/ filming close-ups of her face all day long, she'd realize it does not look good.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

It makes her look yellow. Like, smoking-too-much-not-getting-enough-iron yellow. Not healthy. She just looks sallow.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

Her eyes are actually really brown. I was thinking she had typical brown/black eye color, but for filming her Korean Makeup Haul indoors in natural lighting, they still come off as a true brown.

tsadia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tsadia »

Her two cities vlog was so boring. Most of it was just her talking in her hotel rooms. Her parents are quite cute though

witheverymove
Learner
Learner

Post by witheverymove »

^^ Very boring indeed, basically a filler video or preview video before her coachella vlog. She's making a habit out of going to events and not uploading relevant content in a timely manner a la NYFW. Nobody cares about coachella anymore, this is supposed to be her job yet she's crap at keeping deadlines for herself. She's also doing another make up tutorial? WHY? she's crap at make up and doesn't even want to do the video. She just wants to keep her minions happy.

I wish she would do more videos styling one item in a variety of ways. Pick one boring every day "staple" or something extravagant or over the top and show how to make it work for different styles. Make it a weekly thing and then intersperse them with her other typical videos. That "watch me style" video once a week with one of her inventible sponsored videos like her seasonal lookbooks or week in outfits and alternate that with a weekly vlog and do monthly sponsored hauls/favourites/tag videos. Then find a new weekly video idea every 6 months or something. Viola varied content that satisfies true followers, brands and minions alike.

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

witheverymove wrote: I wish she would do more videos styling one item in a variety of ways. Pick one boring every day "staple" or something extravagant or over the top and show how to make it work for different styles. Make it a weekly thing and then intersperse them with her other typical videos. That "watch me style" video once a week with one of her inventible sponsored videos like her seasonal lookbooks or week in outfits and alternate that with a weekly vlog and do monthly sponsored hauls/favourites/tag videos. Then find a new weekly video idea every 6 months or something. Viola varied content that satisfies true followers, brands and minions alike.
As someone in the Michelle Phan thread told me: "Girl, get out of here with that logic of yours!" :D

I've been complaining about that same issue for a while now. She doesn't post videos that are all the relatable. It's just "Look at me in all the free clothes I get." But ultimately, she's not going to suddenly make useful content. Even her "WWJW" videos are sponsored to hell and back. She's got almost 900,000 subs last I checked. She's got enough suckers that it's money in her pocket regardless of what video it is. She didn't start doing monthly favorites until about a year ago and she started because they're easy to do, easy to bullshit, and easy money. She sold out right after Sarah left, plain and simple.

touchdownjesus
Learner
Learner

Post by touchdownjesus »

The use of the fish-eye lens on her new vlog really annoyed me unexpectedly. Anyone else? It's obvious she thought it was just so cool and couldn't get enough of it, but watching the video with all this distortion was kind of disorienting. And using a fish-eye lens it's just so hipster, of course Jenn would do it. But, even worse, it's so clear that Jenn is so full of herself, even in her vlogs! You can just tell with the way she behaves or plays up for the camera that she thinks she looks good. So annoying.....

witheverymove
Learner
Learner

Post by witheverymove »

Coyote wrote:
witheverymove wrote:As someone in the Michelle Phan thread told me: "Girl, get out of here with that logic of yours!" :D

I've been complaining about that same issue for a while now. She doesn't post videos that are all the relatable. It's just "Look at me in all the free clothes I get." But ultimately, she's not going to suddenly make useful content. Even her "WWJW" videos are sponsored to hell and back. She's got almost 900,000 subs last I checked. She's got enough suckers that it's money in her pocket regardless of what video it is. She didn't start doing monthly favorites until about a year ago and she started because they're easy to do, easy to bullshit, and easy money. She sold out right after Sarah left, plain and simple.
Haha, yes. I agree with everything you said. When I first came across Sarah and Jenn they revived my hope for youtubers, they were different. Sarah was in my opinion stylish and Jenn wore trends well. They thrifted and uploaded regularly and with good quality but after Sarah left things went way downhill. I kinda respect Sarah more for leaving now. I'm sure she left to study on her school work but I'm sure she's thanking herself for getting out before she got corrupted by greed and ego.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

When I first watched clothes encounters, it was when Sarah was there. I liked how they thrifted and didn't spend so much money on clothing because let's face it: most of us aren't loaded with money when we're in school. It was something fresh and there was enthusiasm. I thought Jenn was prettier because she is conventionally pretty and her looks remind me of a close friend and her bubbly personality got me but I liked Sarah too. She was more my style and to an extent, closer to me personality-wise... and her plans for college and stuff like that. After they split, I didn't really pay much attention to their channel. These days, definitely not me. I'm not digging the 90s revival/hipster Jenn.

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

She's a walking talking billboard. I genuinely thought her new 5 closet staples video wouldn't be sponsored but, yup, it is.
Everything she wears is an advertisement for some company who's given her the clothes for free.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^ I can't imagine how much she charges for a sponsored video. Probably in the 5-10k range. Missglamorazzi gets 18k. (Proof on her board)

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

Seriously?! I had no idea! I wouldn't be surprised if Jen charged hearing that. Youtubers reeaallyyy rake it in don't they??

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

I don't think it's that much if even at all right now. She's not at the same level as Missglamorazzi and the companies that sponsor her aren't that big. The biggest I can think of offhand is Runway Bandits and they sponsor other fashion YTers and bloggers as well. Anyone wanna take a shot at listing the companies?

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^ you're underestimating how much no name companies are willing to pay to get their name out there. She may not be as big as Missglamorazzi but her audience is still huge. 5-10k is VERY cheap advertising. Back in the early days of the YT beauty community, no name companies would offer in the low thousands for gurus to feature their products in guru videos and this was when the beauty community was relatively small and bigger gurus we're getting only less than 100k views. There was proof on the old GG that hollyannaeree was paid 16k for a sponsored video and back then she was getting 150-200k views. With Jen's views (200-300k) she is easily offered AT least 5-10k. It pisses me off, but that's life.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

I forgot to mention the company that paid hollyannaeree was a no name company.

LaLaLaLaHateYou

I wonder why she is in Singapore right now. Looks like a hosted event of sorts, but I have to admit... I am totally jealous.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

Coyote wrote:
witheverymove wrote: I wish she would do more videos styling one item in a variety of ways. Pick one boring every day "staple" or something extravagant or over the top and show how to make it work for different styles. Make it a weekly thing and then intersperse them with her other typical videos. That "watch me style" video once a week with one of her inventible sponsored videos like her seasonal lookbooks or week in outfits and alternate that with a weekly vlog and do monthly sponsored hauls/favourites/tag videos. Then find a new weekly video idea every 6 months or something. Viola varied content that satisfies true followers, brands and minions alike.
As someone in the Michelle Phan thread told me: "Girl, get out of here with that logic of yours!" :D

This!
Username wrote:^ I can't imagine how much she charges for a sponsored video. Probably in the 5-10k range. Missglamorazzi gets 18k. (Proof on her board)
Off topic, I know... but thanks! that's insane. Here's the link if anyone else was curious http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=9382

Return to “Jenn Im”