Leesha Part 6: Moving On To New In 2022

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Leesha Part 6: Moving On To New In 2022

Post by LiddlePallid »

First this:

and then she's on her IG stories going on and on about more Amazon crap. It's REALLY annoying at this point, like I don't even want to follow her on there anymore.

Also I have never and would never take hair advice from someone whose hair constantly looks fried. She needs to chill.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Her hair looks so bad here. What has happened to her ends? :rofl:

I am getting really tired of her on IG too. Most of the time when she come up, she starts talking about Amazon links and I just tap
through her stories. She’s going to lose the followers she has left with her CONSTANT SHILLING. It gets old. Provide some content
as well.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I watched the video. The whole thing was a shill of products she’s tried from Amazon that are worth the hype. The thing is I have
heard of or seen most of these products. This whole video was boring. I wonder how much money she will make off of people just
clicking her links for curiosity and not buying those products but buying something else later and not realizing that she’s making
money off of their purchases because they didn’t clear their cookies. Amazon should make influencers be very clear about that.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

It drives me nuts, Not just because it's her, but if it was ANYONE I watch I would feel the same way. I don't want to constantly feel like I'm watching infomercials and being sold a product.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I just tap through a lot of her stuff and keep going. Leesha is constantly selling stuff. I don’t want anything that she sells. I might
be more interested in her when she moves again.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

If I see that goddamned foot/leg massager that she keeps pushing ONE more time, I'm gonna throw my phone. She was annoying me enough already but this constant Amazon shilling is driving me crazy. I may have to quit following her until she moves and has something better to talk about!

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I unfollowed her. I check in occasionally and every time I do she’s pushing something. I know they are building a house but I am
tired of constantly pushing links. If she gave some decent content to offset the shilling it would be different but she doesn’t. I
got so tired of it that I unfollowed again. I will follow her again when they start moving if she shows something of interest.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

That's why she's doing it too, because their only form of income is her YouTube channel and whatever the hell she gets paid from Amazon for pushing all this crap.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

She needs to work a little bit to provide some content then. She’s unmotivated. She doesn’t have an outside job. Surely she could squeeze in a video, reel or something besides shilling on IG.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

All right, I want to point this out before her stories disappear on IG. She uploaded one whining about how her house isn't going to be done in time so they have to move in with her parents. She literally says "I'm not looking for anyone to say, 'well at least you HAVE a house,' this is MY situation and it's stressful." LOL. Like boo-hoo, are we supposed to feel bad for you that you decided to build a house in this housing market and now you don't want to do a month to month lease because it'll "cost too much?" No one FORCED her to say "hey let's build a house!" She really doesn't understand why people would criticize this whole situation either, which makes it even worse.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Well…. She has her situation. Why is she telling everyone on IG? Does she think we care? How many times is she going to whine
about her situation? We can’t help her. She’s known this was going to happen. Nobody wants to move home with their parents.
She’s made her choice. Live with it. She shouldn’t have built during this time. If she’s depressed why bring up a situation that
might cause people to comment negatively about you? Just don’t bring it up.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

She disgusted me yesterday. She may as well have just said "who cares about people with bigger problems, this is my spoiled brat entitlement problem and I want to whine and cry about it and you're all gonna listen!" All I can think of is what's going on in Ukraine right now as this bitch sits there and cries that her giant house isn't going to be done in time for her to move into it like she wanted to in April. Go get bent, Leesha.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

She might as well rent for another 6 months to a year. It sounds like they aren’t making any progress. I wonder if they are starting new homes during this time. I bet they are. It’s odd how several other social media personalities I watch have built new homes
during this time. Started after Leesha and finished and are already in their homes. I wonder what she ordered that they haven’t
been able to get delivered in all of this time?

She’s honestly just lost the plot. She doesn’t realize how she comes across to most people.

bunnysaur
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnysaur »

I think it's valid for her to feel stress. I think she is aware that a lot of people have it off worse than her. She has acknowledged that she's had a generally comfortable life. As far as her complaining goes...I think it's a bit tough. I'm guessing the rest of us aren't able to custom-build a house, nor can we afford Teslas or be able to make a living off of Youtube; objectively, she has it better than her viewers do. I think it's going to illicit some negative feelings because we're likely working 9-5 jobs and fighting our own mental health. She has every right to feel stressed...it's just that she's also complaining to people who (most-likely) have a lot less money than she does, so I think it makes her look a bit tone-deaf when she is turning to the camera to tell us how hard things have been.
I don't want to say "shut up, you can't be depressed! all these people have it far worse than you!" because that's only going to make them feel even worse. I just would like her to understand that it will be difficult for people to feel bad for her because a lot of people have bad mental health, but we still have to go to work every day and might be low on funds too.

Think of how many celebrities have committed suicide or struggled with drugs/alcohol. On one hand, it's hard to feel bad for them when they are much wealthier than the rest of us. On the other hand, you can struggle with mental health at any income level. Talking about your mental health in a real, raw way can be an important tool.

Relatable: "Depression can be really tough. I've not been enjoying my normal hobbies and it's a struggle to get out of bed." -can happen regardless of income.
Not relatable: "My custom built house won't be ready when they said." - something out of reach for most people for monetary reasons.
Relatable: "I'm finding it difficult to have the discipline to work. I hate feeling so sluggish." -can happen regardless of income.
Not relatable: "This year has been stressful, but I went out and bought a Tesla!" - something out of reach for most people for monetary reasons.

When my GEMS class went to Costa Rica when I was in 8th grade and they were around some of the local (impoverished) kids, one of the girls from my school said "I wish I was back home in my big, comfy bed!" and the rest of the girls were like "Shut up! These kids probably don't even have beds."
It's kind of like that; it's valid if you wanna be back in your bed, but you're also being a bit insensitive to how the people around you live.
There's a blurry line between getting stress of your chest and whining, and I'm not sure how to define it.
Just some thoughts.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

That’s very well said bunny. She just doesn’t realize how she comes across. I always feel more grateful after I volunteer at the
center for people in my community who need a lot of help for just the basics to survive. It might help Leesha to volunteer at a place
like that every week.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Exactly! The thing that aggravated me so much was that she was like "I don't want to hear people saying 'At LeAsT yOu HaVe A hOuSe'" because it just came off so out of touch. I would never say someone doesn't have the right to be depressed, but just like...read the room? Is that the expression I'm looking for? :rofl: She doesn't realize she comes off the way she does.

bunnysaur
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnysaur »

Remember that montage video of a bunch of celebrities singing "Imagine" at the beginning of the pandemic? It was well-intentioned, but completely out of touch of the real world. I think Leesha has succumb to a little of that.

I think she's lacking direction of what people will and won't relate to. People who are well off still have a right to feel their feelings, have bad mental health, ect, but you also need to take a step back and realize how good you have it. She's not point-blank stating her life is trash or that she has it so much worse than everyone else, but when you complain about things that most of your viewers either have to deal with or you complain about situations above what your viewers would get to experience, it might not read well to them.
I wish she would talk about that dichotomy a little more.
EX: "I feel so torn. I live this objectively comfortable life, I haven't had anything traditionally 'bad' happen to me (she's said something to that effect), and I have a lot of good things. I remember seeing homeless encampments around me when the lockdowns were going on and I saw the riots in Minneapolis and the murder of George Floyd. A lot of issues regarding racism, poverty, and war have been in the forefront of the news, yet, I'm sitting here upset because my custom built house won't be done in time. I'm angry at myself; why is it that I'm surrounded by all this injustice, but I can't make peace with my own life? I feel like a spoiled brat. I am aware that most of my viewers can't afford a custom-built house or a Tesla, so why am I so damn unhappy? Why can't I commit to a healthier lifestyle when I don't have a traditional 9-5? I feel like my depression is really more indicative of flaws in my character and I feel ashamed."

ok that was just an example I pulled out of my ass, but I think that would be a genuine way of talking about depression whilst also acknowledging the privilege(s) you have in life.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I wish I could find the video where she was completely dumbfounded about why people think she's rich or well off. That was when I realizes how completely out of touch she is. I think that's most of my issue with her - she doesn't realize one bit that she comes of as an insanely spoiled brat lol

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Neither she or her husband works. (As far as I know) I would consider her well off. Surely she must understand that the majority of
people in the US work. In fact both parents work. In her situation neither of them do. Yet they still live far better than most of the
people around them. When you look at what you have you should be careful what you complain about to people who have far less
than you do. JMO I am always careful not to complain about anything to people who aren’t my friends or family.

bunnysaur
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnysaur »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:59 am
I wish I could find the video where she was completely dumbfounded about why people think she's rich or well off. That was when I realizes how completely out of touch she is. I think that's most of my issue with her - she doesn't realize one bit that she comes of as an insanely spoiled brat lol

Return to “Leesha (Formerly XSparkage)”