Cimorelli | Part 3

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Re: Cimorelli | Part 3

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

simbiplays3 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:54 am
What do you think of the new original song they released?
I actually really liked it and thought it was filmed really well!

Iwiki_
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Iwiki_ »

simbiplays3 wrote:
Its pretty good. While I dont mind that they often focus on self worth in their songs, I like that they switched it up for once by

Lauren is by far the most talented song writer out all of them imo, and you can really tell her influence here. This song could be solo song of her, she has a distinctive style.

The theme of the song reminds me a bit Acid Rain, my favorite Cim original, and also written by Lauren.

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

Iwiki_ wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:01 am
simbiplays3 wrote:
Its pretty good. While I dont mind that they often focus on self worth in their songs, I like that they switched it up for once by

Lauren is by far the most talented song writer out all of them imo, and you can really tell her influence here. This song could be solo song of her, she has a distinctive style.

The theme of the song reminds me a bit Acid Rain, my favorite Cim original, and also written by Lauren.
yeah lauren did write it! she showed it to them, and they decided to record it

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner

Post by mysterylovescompany »

I think Kills Me Just the Same could have a bit more punch, perhaps in the bridge, but I still really like it. It's given me a greater appreciation for Lauren's songwriting skills. My favourite Cimorelli original is probably Acid Rain, and although I preferred Lisa's voice in the past, I find Lauren's original music much more interesting. I think she's the best songwriter in Cimorelli, and I hope she steps up to write more Cimorelli songs and/or release more of her own music in the future, especially since 3/4 of the rest of the band are dealing with motherhood. (I don't think Amy writes songs, right?)

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Post by Sister098+ »

Something that’s quite triggering for me rn is seeing some of the Cimorelli’s on their social media speak up about the Ukraine situation (which they def should, don’t miss my point) but their choice to stay silent about other things is SO loud and as a Black woman whose been supporting their channel and music since 2010, it’s upsetting to know that they’ve never openly supported people that look like me on a wide scale. Idk I unsubscribed and unfollowed them back in 2020 after they were very silent on the police brutality and discrimination Black people were facing, but I thought I’d give them another shot. But the fact that I know they have their own biases and will speak up for Europeans but don’t say anything about Black, middle eastern, Asian, etc. People is really disheartening. Idk I just needed to get that off my chest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iwiki_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Iwiki_ »

Sister098+ wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:53 pm
Something that’s quite triggering for me rn is seeing some of the Cimorelli’s on their social media speak up about the Ukraine situation (which they def should, don’t miss my point) but their choice to stay silent about other things is SO loud and as a Black woman whose been supporting their channel and music since 2010, it’s upsetting to know that they’ve never openly supported people that look like me on a wide scale. Idk I unsubscribed and unfollowed them back in 2020 after they were very silent on the police brutality and discrimination Black people were facing, but I thought I’d give them another shot. But the fact that I know they have their own biases and will speak up for Europeans but don’t say anything about Black, middle eastern, Asian, etc. People is really disheartening. Idk I just needed to get that off my chest

I think they have never been politically outspoken on any subject. I guess personally I like some of their music, think they are talented but probably disagree with them on many topics. They have lived pretty sheltered and grown up in a wealthy Christian family.

So I dont really expect "much" of them I guess to speak up against. It would be nice, but not in the line of expectation.

Imo a war is of a different magnitude as well as the BLM movement.

It involves the whole world whereas the Black lives matter was mostly in the USA. Seeing they have many fans abroad as well, plus the impact of the war, I guess they chose to be politically outspoken for once.

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Post by Sister098+ »

Iwiki_ wrote:
Sister098+ wrote:

I think they have never been politically outspoken on any subject. I guess personally I like some of their music, think they are talented but probably disagree with them on many topics. They have lived pretty sheltered and grown up in a wealthy Christian family.

So I dont really expect "much" of them I guess to speak up against. It would be nice, but not in the line of expectation.

It involves the whole world whereas the Black lives matter was mostly in the USA. Seeing they have many fans abroad as well, plus the impact of the war, I guess they chose to be politically outspoken for once.
They’ve been vocal about certain shootings in the US that involved primarily white victims but have been silent on others that impact POC victims. Also the BLM protests in 2020 was the most wide scale protests globally since like the Vietnam War so what you just said is completely untrue about it not being as seismic as the Russia/Ukraine conflict. Again, I’ve been following them for over 12 years so these few examples are def not the only ones I have for reference on their intentional silence on events that impact POC vs. white people. Of course their primary focus is music and I don’t expect them to be political scientists, but it’s evident they keep up and are vocal about certain current events but not others. This is why so many people left the fandom in 2020 in fact.

Juststalxing
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Juststalxing »

Omg I’ve been stalking this page for months and finally decided to make an account to contribute!!

What made me jump the gun is super random lol. Just saw Lisa post on her story that her and her husband were having trouble conceiving when they decided to start a fam?? Didn’t she immediately get pregnant after getting married? Why would she be worried that she’s infertile? Did she say it just for the sponsor?

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Post by Sister098+ »

Juststalxing wrote:Omg I’ve been stalking this page for months and finally decided to make an account to contribute!!

What made me jump the gun is super random lol. Just saw Lisa post on her story that her and her husband were having trouble conceiving when they decided to start a fam?? Didn’t she immediately get pregnant after getting married? Why would she be worried that she’s infertile? Did she say it just for the sponsor?
That’s actually the exact same thing that I thought when I watched her story and heard that. Maybe it was just for the sponsorship but that’s such a weird lie to tell if it was a lie lol!

wdusln23
Stalker
Stalker

Post by wdusln23 »

Juststalxing wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:31 pm
Omg I’ve been stalking this page for months and finally decided to make an account to contribute!!

I made this account yesterday to rant about this same thing but decided against it, so interesting others felt this way too. She conceived like within weeks of her actual wedding- so if she really "waited" until that day, lady was only "trying" for a BRIEF moment. Insensitive AF for women who go literal years trying to conceive but go off Lisa.
But, Lisa is also the same person who married her "first boyfriend ever" - meanwhile had 45 songs about heartbreak and breakups before meeting him. I think she likes to embellish.

Also laughed my head off at her analysis of Euphoria and not wanting to watch shows about teenagers - meanwhile this girl sits home watching Lizzie McGuire and HSM at 20 something. Her holier than thou attitude sucks.

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner

Post by mysterylovescompany »

Apparently Amy does write music?! On her story she posted (in response to a question) that releasing solo music is her "biggest goal this year". Would be interesting to see. I don't know if she's written or co-written any songs for the band to sing, but I do like "Girls Like Me", from Sad Girls Club.

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

wdusln23 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:19 am
Juststalxing wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:31 pm

I made this account yesterday to rant about this same thing but decided against it, so interesting others felt this way too. She conceived like within weeks of her actual wedding- so if she really "waited" until that day, lady was only "trying" for a BRIEF moment. Insensitive AF for women who go literal years trying to conceive but go off Lisa.
But, Lisa is also the same person who married her "first boyfriend ever" - meanwhile had 45 songs about heartbreak and breakups before meeting him. I think she likes to embellish.

Also laughed my head off at her analysis of Euphoria and not wanting to watch shows about teenagers - meanwhile this girl sits home watching Lizzie McGuire and HSM at 20 something. Her holier than thou attitude sucks.
i think her point about euphoria was that it was about teenagers doing really inappropriate things, not that it was about teenagers in general. which i agree with tbh, that show is really wild. and i mean, you can still be in situationships without having an official "boyfriend."

but yeah, the conception stuff is weird. i haven't seen that story tho, does anyone have a link to it?

gg208
Talker
Talker

Post by gg208 »

Iwiki_ wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:22 am
Sister098+ wrote:

eh, it has nothing to do with the global scale and more to do with the fact that it's a far, far less controversial subject to be politically outspoken about as an American and doesn't conflict with either their republican values or their family's republican values.

it's like bare minimum effort.

lemonbanana
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemonbanana »

Does anyone else think of Dani when listening to their new song?
I know Lauren probably wrote it about a past relationship or something, but she talked about the song on their podcast and she said that a lot of situations in her life relate to the song and it sounded like shes describing the situation with Dani distancing herself a bit from the family?
In one of her recent videos Dani said that it annoys her when people from her family her childhood friends say "this isn't you" about her changing, and in the song they literally sing "this is not you". They also say that the person is "erasing the past", and "slipping through the fingers", Dani distances herself from the family and her faith.
I just feel like they maybe feel that Dani is heading down the wrong path?
Might be totally wrong though haha.

Iwiki_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Iwiki_ »

lemonbanana wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:34 pm
I know Lauren probably wrote it about a past relationship or something, but she talked about the song on their podcast and she said that a lot of situations in her life relate to the song and it sounded like shes describing the situation with Dani distancing herself a bit from the family?
In one of her recent videos Dani said that it annoys her when people from her family her childhood friends say "this isn't you" about her changing, and in the song they literally sing "this is not you". They also say that the person is "erasing the past", and "slipping through the fingers", Dani distances herself from the family and her faith.
Interesting take. After watching the podcast I feel she might have drawn inspiration from it.

Also the part "I can't let you go" reminds me of their bond as Lauren and Dani used to be very close. At the same time, Dani seems to be doing fine, even tho she is living a totally different life. And the song is about someone destructive. But who knows what's happening behind the scenes.

lemonbanana
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemonbanana »

Iwiki_ wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:56 am
lemonbanana wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:34 pm
Interesting take. After watching the podcast I feel she might have drawn inspiration from it.

Also the part "I can't let you go" reminds me of their bond as Lauren and Dani used to be very close. At the same time, Dani seems to be doing fine, even tho she is living a totally different life. And the song is about someone destructive. But who knows what's happening behind the scenes.
Yeah, and the whole thing about someone close to you being "self destructive" and heading down the wrong path just seems to make sense to me since Dani has made a lot of lifestyle changes in the last few years that they wouldn't approve of, like getting married so young, not waiting till marriage, drinking/drugs, not being a Catholic and quitting music...

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

OMG Lauren actually cried about it on camera:

It does sound like it's about Dani...but there are the divorce rumors...

I just checked Dani's IG and she has more tattoos. I love the tiger one, I saw her vlog about it, but I didn't realize her tattoos covered both arms:

It's interesting Dani referenced her past in the caption. She's making it clear that she's going to do whatever she wants, no matter what anyone says.

asui1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by asui1 »

Guys did you see Christina’s story about doing course of social media consulting (for cash obviously) and it not being cheap. Like wtf is she gonna be teaching, their marketing is pretty shitty (remember GWS - billboard, etc. it was bad, they spent so much money on something that wasn’t good). I feel like if this idea would come from Dani maybe it would make sense since she’s actually good at it (doing viral videos, etc.) but from Christina it just feels like cash grabbing just like her sessions (that she probably doesn’t do anymore, maybe people realized that it’s waste of money).

Don’t get me wrong, Christina is my most favourite member but these ideas she’s lately having just seems bad. I would understand if she offered singing lessons/vocal couching, but social media consulting, seriously? Cimorelli is not even THAT succesful, Dani on the other hand..

lemonbanana
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemonbanana »

asui1 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:37 am
Guys did you see Christina’s story about doing course of social media consulting (for cash obviously) and it not being cheap. Like wtf is she gonna be teaching, their marketing is pretty shitty (remember GWS - billboard, etc. it was bad, they spent so much money on something that wasn’t good). I feel like if this idea would come from Dani maybe it would make sense since she’s actually good at it (doing viral videos, etc.) but from Christina it just feels like cash grabbing just like her sessions (that she probably doesn’t do anymore, maybe people realized that it’s waste of money).

Don’t get me wrong, Christina is my most favourite member but these ideas she’s lately having just seems bad. I would understand if she offered singing lessons/vocal couching, but social media consulting, seriously? Cimorelli is not even THAT succesful, Dani on the other hand..
Yeah, vocal lessons would be somewhat understandable (although shes not a trained vocal coach), but this is super weird. Also the "life coaching"/counselling sessions she offered for a huge amount of money?? I mean who would book such sessions from someone who's not qualified at all, and for such a price?
Most of their fans are kids/teens who can't afford that anyway, and their adult fans who could afford it should really be smarter than this and book sessions with actual PROFESSIONALS (for the same price if not cheaper)...

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

Christina is still doing the coaching thing? I’m honestly surprised lol she’s been at it for so long. I guess she changes up her shtick every so often but it’s basically the same thing: pay for a Skype session and she’ll teach whatever she’s teaching.

I feel like she would benefit much more if she did more storytime/advice/helpful videos on her YouTube, or even on patreon, instead of immediately charging for sessions. She wont make a lot of money from it but it would be accessible to more people and she could build an audience that’s interested in those topics. Then she could go from there and maybe go even further with paid sessions (though hopefully for more reasonable prices than the life coaching ones were).

Instead, she kinda just throws these things out there without a plan and then she just stops after a while, presumably because she doesn’t get much from them. I can’t see cimorelli’s young audience paying for life coaching or management or marketing lessons lol.

I think Christina genuinely wants to help people and she finds enjoyment in being in a position to do that. She likes being the older, wiser sister people look to for assistance. But imo, she doesn’t have the best business/marketing skills because she does things like this lol. She just expects people to pay for anything, and I’m sure some people will, but she probably won’t gain a lot from this because she isn’t actually branching out to find an audience who want and appreciate it. :|

Return to “Music”