Cimorelli | Part 3

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Re: Cimorelli | Part 3

Post by FinallyFree21 »

Iwiki_ wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:53 pm
Wow, he’s even in the first in the world viral hits! Dani is also credited as a writer of the song. I think good4u have paved the way for this song to break through. It’s more rock but still.

Having a viral hit at 20 is pretty impressive regardless of everything that’s mentioned. I hope they use the money responsibly;).
Whoa. Okay that is really impressive. I agree, even if the record deal or the band doesn't work out, this is a huge accomplishment. I really never thought anything like this would happen.

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

Does Dani's septum piercing kinda throw some people off? It looks like it was pierced too high.

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

I just watched her latest video, and I'm so happy for them! I'm glad Emmyn finally caught a break after everything he's been through. I hope they'll be responsible with their career choices going forward. Hope Emmyn gets a good deal that won't screw him over in any way.

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Post by yellowbowl »

Christina's TMI Girl Talk Q&A showed up on my feed today so I watched a little bit of it. My first thoughts were that it's funny to see her rip off Dani's ideas for the "advice"-y type videos. The comments are generally supportive so there must be an audience still that values her feedback. I was surprised to see that she gave her opinion on "purity culture" and then said that she didn't grow up in it. She said that waiting until marriage wasn't something she knew about until she was older. It is so weird to me that she said she didn't grow up in purity culture when she still contributed to it with Cimorelli's brand. She also said that she doesn't agree with most of purity culture and its toxicity but then gave no details.

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Cimorelli | Part 3

Post by Sister098+ »

yellowbowl wrote:Christina's TMI Girl Talk Q&A showed up on my feed today so I watched a little bit of it. My first thoughts were that it's funny to see her rip off Dani's ideas for the "advice"-y type videos. The comments are generally supportive so there must be an audience still that values her feedback. I was surprised to see that she gave her opinion on "purity culture" and then said that she didn't grow up in it. She said that waiting until marriage wasn't something she knew about until she was older. It is so weird to me that she said she didn't grow up in purity culture when she still contributed to it with Cimorelli's brand. She also said that she doesn't agree with most of purity culture and its toxicity but then gave no details.
To be fair she’s been doing q&a things for years. Like over ten years ago she used to constantly do them on formspring, then Twitter and since having Barrett I believe she’s done a couple on her YouTube channel talking about birth and motherhood. As the oldest sister she’s always kinda been the one to give advice so it didn’t seem to me that she was ripping off Dani. now that she’s a mom she can talk about more mature things like the human anatomy and womanly issues bc she has a broader audience to cater to now.

I do agree though that I was shocked to hear that she wasn’t raised in purity culture but there are def levels to it. At first if someone asked me if I was raised in that I would instinctively say no, but after really thinking about it I would say yes bc of religion but it wasn’t to a severe degree the way others have been. I think she prob meant she wasn’t raised in extreme purity culture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

yellowbowl wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:49 pm
Christina's TMI Girl Talk Q&A showed up on my feed today so I watched a little bit of it. My first thoughts were that it's funny to see her rip off Dani's ideas for the "advice"-y type videos. The comments are generally supportive so there must be an audience still that values her feedback. I was surprised to see that she gave her opinion on "purity culture" and then said that she didn't grow up in it. She said that waiting until marriage wasn't something she knew about until she was older. It is so weird to me that she said she didn't grow up in purity culture when she still contributed to it with Cimorelli's brand. She also said that she doesn't agree with most of purity culture and its toxicity but then gave no details.
I used to love when she did q&a’s on twitter back in the day and I still sometimes watch her recent ones even though they’re all about being a mom and I’m absolutely not a mom lol. Christina is honestly very charismatic and I think she genuinely loves to talk about her life and give advice, so her q&as are fun to watch to me even when I don’t really care about the subject.

I’m not religious in any way, and I didn’t grow up with “purity culture” so I may be way off base here. But is it possible she doesn’t think she grew up that way because she still is very much a part of it? Whereas Dani, for example, stepped aside and was able to look back from the outside and see it for what it was?

I vaguely remember her talking about waiting until marriage in a Cimorelli video iirc, and I found it kinda odd that she said she never knew about it when she was young. I think she, Kath and Lisa all sorta shared the same sentiments of “I found out when I was older, all on my own because I saw/read/heard xyz.” It took me by surprise because I was always under the impression that “waiting til marriage” was drilled into them from a young age based on the way they’d talked about it before. It felt that way especially with Dani, given her post-marriage videos, so it’s strange. I’m honestly curious about that dynamic in their house.

allycatt
Talker
Talker

Post by allycatt »

Also: Christina’s pregnant again!! (Sorry if this posts weirdly, I’ve never linked anything from Instagram before lol)

talldecafcappuccino
Talker
Talker

Post by talldecafcappuccino »

Yay!
I wonder if Christina will have a boy or girl!

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Post by Sister098+ »

wow I hope their dads not sick or anything. Dani’s latest vid from a few minutes ago

Blahblahblah917
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Blahblahblah917 »

Damn… I hope everything with her family is ok. Everyone seems to still be posting so hopefully they’re all coping well. I do wonder what’s going on

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Post by Sister098+ »

Blahblahblah917 wrote:Damn… I hope everything with her family is ok. Everyone seems to still be posting so hopefully they’re all coping well. I do wonder what’s going on
Some people in her comments were speculating that her parents are getting divorced. And someone said her latest Spotify playlist gives it away but idk her Spotify and the comment is now deleted. Idk if dani deleted it or the person

Blahblahblah917
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Blahblahblah917 »

Sister098+ wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:46 pm
Blahblahblah917 wrote:Damn… I hope everything with her family is ok. Everyone seems to still be posting so hopefully they’re all coping well. I do wonder what’s going on
Some people in her comments were speculating that her parents are getting divorced. And someone said her latest Spotify playlist gives it away but idk her Spotify and the comment is now deleted. Idk if dani deleted it or the person

I feel like I remember reading rumors about this a few weeks ago. Sounds like it could be likely based on how she described the situation. That’s tough for anyone to come to terms with

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

oof, this is sad to hear. i did wonder too if her parents were getting divorced, but the reason i don't think that anymore is because a) her dad called her on valentine's day (and around their anniversary) and that would be super weird to do, and b) she said that her brother is getting married soon, and idk, i think it would be odd to have a big family event just after you've announced that the family is essentially splitting. i hate to say it, but i think it's more likely that their dad has cancer, or some other serious disease.

does anyone know her spotify?

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Post by Sister098+ »

25scuba wrote:oof, this is sad to hear. i did wonder too if her parents were getting divorced, but the reason i don't think that anymore is because a) her dad called her on valentine's day (and around their anniversary) and that would be super weird to do, and b) she said that her brother is getting married soon, and idk, i think it would be odd to have a big family event just after you've announced that the family is essentially splitting. i hate to say it, but i think it's more likely that their dad has cancer, or some other serious disease.

does anyone know her spotify?
Well I mean their parents getting divorced isn’t a reason for Alex to cancel his wedding that I’m sure he’s been planning for months. Also it could be that he called to tell her on v day which is their anniversary so that maybe she doesn’t wonder why they’re not celebrating the occasion. But yeah it could not be divorce at all. A lot of people are just speculating that. I can’t find her Spotify either.

simbiplays3
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by simbiplays3 »

Damn, I hope its not too serious :(

I am curious tho, my first thought was it wouldn't be divorce because of how much she said she was crying. But I also think it cant be a serious disease because of how she talked about how life will still be great idk

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

Maybe this is Dani's Spotify? Or it could be a fan copying her name...

https://open.spotify.com/user/1273616854

There are multiple playlists...I only recognize a few songs, but there are some songs about bad relationships.

mouserat
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mouserat »

FinallyFree21 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:16 am

There are multiple playlists...I only recognize a few songs, but there are some songs about bad relationships.
That isn't her spotify. Here is her actual spotify https://open.spotify.com/user/daniellebellee/playlists with no recent playlists (some songs added to playlists as recently as January). This account was linked under one of her videos about current faves so that's how I found it.

itsme12345
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by itsme12345 »

cloversandcobayas wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:56 am
FinallyFree21 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:27 am
Oh, I wonder if one reason why Dani left the band was because she was getting paid the lowest? She was the youngest sister, so she probably had the least amount of responsibilities.
That would be so interesting! I remember around 2017-2018 Dani had a big role in arranging music, but her work could have been overlooked since she was so young.

I rewatched the Cimorelli video "Dani is leaving the band" and I have so many questions haha I wonder if Dani is still as much of a fan of Cimorelli as she said she was... My guess is no but idk 🤷🏼‍♀️ also, Lisa mentioned how close Dani and her had gotten those last few months (basically the months Dani was engaged). Could that suggest that Lisa is more accepting of Dani's marriage than we thought, especially given her own circumstances? I always thought she was more liberal despite the soberity thing. Of course, Dani may not have experienced that closeness the same way lol
I’m soooo late responding to this but I wonder if it’s also because of chad and Emmyn. Chad doesn’t exactly have the best track record, so it was easy to judge. I bet Lisa just knew what it was like to have your relationship judged

Sister098+
Learner
Learner

Post by Sister098+ »

mouserat wrote:
FinallyFree21 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:16 am

That isn't her spotify. Here is her actual spotify https://open.spotify.com/user/daniellebellee/playlists with no recent playlists (some songs added to playlists as recently as January). This account was linked under one of her videos about current faves so that's how I found it.
Yeah the comments on her most recent YouTube video had this listed as her Spotify but it started getting a lot of likes about the playlist and then the comment was deleted. So I have a feeling she deleted the playlist or at least changed the name of it

simbiplays3
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by simbiplays3 »

What do you think of the new original song they released?

Return to “Music”