Real Technique Brushes

kpgirl
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Real Technique Brushes

Post by kpgirl »

I have the Blush Brush and I aboustly love it! It never sheds for me and it cleans very easily. I used it to blend my foundation and it really gets it in there! :D

nicheee
Talker
Talker

Post by nicheee »

TwirlyGirly wrote:
nicheee wrote:I bought most of the brushes when they first came out and then went and bought the expert face brush when it came out and i find that the quality of the expert face brush isn't quite made to the standards of the brushes I bought a year prior. The Expert face brush seems to be the only brush that sheds. I bought two of them and they both shed.

Anyone else seem to notice this? Or is it just me...
Maybe it's just the particular manufacturing lot those brushes came from. I've had the Expert Face Brush for several months, and I use it daily to apply my cream-to-powder foundation. I also clean it daily - first by soaking the bristles for a few minutes in 91% ispropyl alcohol to dissolve the foundation, followed by a gentle scrub with soap, then a clean water rinse. I haven't had any shedding whatsoever.

Are you being careful not to let any water seep into the ferrule when you clean them or are letting them dry? If that's not the issue, maybe they're just from a bad lot.
Well the shedding issue was from it coming straight out of the box when I first bought it.. I babied the brushed when I washed it and I dry them upside down so I don't think it's a water issue. I agree with you, I think I just got a bad brush. I can't even return it cause I bought during black friday from Ulta and it took forever to come and i lost the receipt so i'm stuck with it :(

_N_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _N_ »

i feel like RT has been kind of forgotten by the beauty community lately.
does anyone still use them?

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

They're great brushes. I own about five different ones and use them all the time.
Blending is my cardio.

Micapika

Post by Micapika »

Their foundation brush is my ride or die tbh

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”