Diet Soda

kaysagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Diet Soda

Post by kaysagossiper »

My mom NEVER let us have soda in the house while I was growing up. The only time we got soda was if we went out to eat or something. I'm so thankful for that. Soda is so carbonated to me that I usually can't finish a can. My advice is to quit cold turkey because it really is quite bad for you. It contains aspartame which is thought to cause cancer. And it makes you bloated :) But like with anything else that's addictive there is a "hump" that you have to get over and then you don't crave it anymore, that's why it's best to just quit all together, that way the cravings will go away. rediscover water! Water satisfies me completely, rarely do I want anything else. If you MUST have something other than water then have some tea.

Ciaokitty
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Diet Soda

Post by Ciaokitty »

I also stopped drinking diet soda because I can't stomach them anymore. In my teens I drank 2-6 liters per day, for years. But I can't handle the gas in it anymore and get cramps if I drink too much and too much can be 1.5 Liters or a glass or even a sip, depends on the day. So I got rid of it completely and just drink tap water and tea. My stomach is so much better.

Return to “Food”