Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shoe Channel?

Post by Fadia Fiji »

Are you serious?

justsaw

Re: Shoe Channel?

Post by justsaw »

Nine West has a network now that is grabbing up a lot of the lesser known gurus (ChannelNineNetwork on youtube). Seems really weird to me but so does Stylehaul. If you go to that YouTube you can see a list of some of the other's involved on the side (hayleyistcb, pbbunny, teenmakeuptips, bentleyblonde...and a lot of others I don't recognize). They are probably all involved for exposure and maybe free shoes.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Shoe Channel?

Post by socialight »

I'm surprised anyone is left after stylewh*re swept the beauty community.

SoFetch
Learner
Learner

Twitter Nonsense

Post by SoFetch »

What the hell is up with her on Twitter lately?
She just keeps tweeting about weed and Colorado because they voted to legalize weed.
I mean, I get that you're trying to be "real" and I don't give a shit if she smokes pot but she has to realize there's girls out there who are young and - if they're buying every item she raves about - they're probably thinking if she's cool and smokes pot then so should they.

Some things you just need to keep to yourself, Laura. :?

PattySimcox
Lurker
Lurker

Emma Stone

Post by PattySimcox »

She did a tutorial on Emma Stone's new Revlon ad. Nothing wrong with it..or her, but it reminded me how much she doesn't look like Emma Stone. On every single one of her videos I see at least 5 comments telling her how much she looks like Emma Stone. I do not get it. And now that she did the tutorial, everyone is just even furthur saying it. I feel like every single girl who has red hair (which she barely does anymore) gets "oh you look so much like Lindsey Lohan! Has anyone ever told you you look like Emma Stone?" The picture comparison just shows it, they have completely different eye shape, brow bones, nose AND mouth. Not one thing even resembles Emma Stone to me. I know she's not saying by doing this tutorial that she thinks she looks like Emma Stone, so I guess I'm trashing her minions, not actually her. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

QueenBeatle6
Talker
Talker

Re: Emma Stone

Post by QueenBeatle6 »

yeah and their eyebrows are completely different.
I did like the look though.

EmKareBear
Learner
Learner

Post by EmKareBear »

I agree sooooo much with this.
I have red hair too and everyone says I look like those girls. It's bullshit, we are more than just our hair! I look nothing like either of them, considering they both look very different.

Jessy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jessy »

I don't know why she would even want to look like her. I think she is a lot prettier than Emma Stone. I know I'm probably in the minority but I don't find Emma Stone all that pretty. She's got really hooded eyes and her face looks kind of scrunched up, like the size of her face is too small to fit her features lol.

jean101
Informer
Informer

xeverygirlx

Post by jean101 »

Anyone else think her celeb inspired tutorials are kinda useless? She is no good at makeup and you can tell from these videos, her version always looks like a weakened version, sort of as if it's your ordinary day makeup just in a slightly different color scale.

Re: Her inspired makeup tutorials?

Post by Guest »

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Out of everyone her age that's on YouTube, I believe she's truly talented in makeup.

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Re: Her inspired makeup tutorials?

Post by audrelizabethh »

l0vekillsslowly wrote:I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Out of everyone her age that's on YouTube, I believe she's truly talented in makeup.
I agree. There are many 'make up artists' on youtube that this could be said about but her looks are always great, she never looks messy, greasy or smudged.

merp
Informer
Informer

Why I Dropped Out of College Video

Post by merp »

I usually like this girl, but she sounds like a complete idiot in this video. Sure, college isn't for everyone, but she basically said she dropped out because she wasn't getting the "college experience" because she was commuting and she didn't want to keep paying for it. I'm sorry..what? First of all, if she worked hard enough, she could apply for a scholarship the following year so that she could live on campus. College is expensive, but if you work hard and make good connections, your degree will definitely pay itself off. Even when commuting, college is still a very important experience in learning who you are and what interests you. She said she felt like it was pointless because she didn't know what major she wanted to be..even though most people don't make that decision until they're at least halfway through. It just seems like she didn't give it a chance. She also called herself and entrepreneur and said she owns her own business but YouTube doesn't last forever and I don't understand why a lot of these gurus don't understand that. OH, and she said she doesn't ever want to work for anybody else..but most successful people will tell you that they had to work underneath others while climbing their way to the top. She makes so much money from YouTube, unlike other kids who WANT to go to college, and instead she would rather keep buying makeup instead of an education. I thought she was smarter than that but she's just a brat like most of these other girls.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Re: Why I Dropped Out of College Video

Post by shadowlurker »

merp wrote:I usually like this girl, but she sounds like a complete idiot in this video. Sure, college isn't for everyone, but she basically said she dropped out because she wasn't getting the "college experience" because she was commuting and she didn't want to keep paying for it. I'm sorry..what? First of all, if she worked hard enough, she could apply for a scholarship the following year so that she could live on campus. College is expensive, but if you work hard and make good connections, your degree will definitely pay itself off. Even when commuting, college is still a very important experience in learning who you are and what interests you. She said she felt like it was pointless because she didn't know what major she wanted to be..even though most people don't make that decision until they're at least halfway through. It just seems like she didn't give it a chance. She also called herself and entrepreneur and said she owns her own business but YouTube doesn't last forever and I don't understand why a lot of these gurus don't understand that. OH, and she said she doesn't ever want to work for anybody else..but most successful people will tell you that they had to work underneath others while climbing their way to the top. She makes so much money from YouTube, unlike other kids who WANT to go to college, and instead she would rather keep buying makeup instead of an education. I thought she was smarter than that but she's just a brat like most of these other girls.

That doesn't even make sense. Why doesn't she use her YT money to pay for college?
Honestly, I'd be fucking pissed off if I applied for a scholarship and some girl who makes a ton of $$$ off youtube would get it instead of someone who *really* actually needs.

Mermaid816
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mermaid816 »

This video annoyed me as well. I got grant money from the school because of what my family makes and I was a first generation student. In the end, I didn't have to take out any loans...but I saved since I was born. I'm shocked she wouldn't get any grant money. I also commuted and that was my choice. I still had a great experience because my major had great people and we all became friends. It was great even without living in a dorm.
The whole 'own business bothers' me as well. My dad owns a business and so does my uncle. My dad is the success story but he is excellent and extra ordinary at his job. This is why he is successful. My uncle on the other hand has what I call a hobby shop. He works with cars and his body of work isn't great but it's okay at best. He is now having trouble making money and will lose his shop in a year or so.
Laura strikes me as someone like my uncle. This is a hobby. This not something she is extra ordinary at. Therefore it won't last forever and sooner or later she will have to get a real job or go back to school.

merp
Informer
Informer

Post by merp »

It annoys me that she only gave it one semester and now she's done with it and plans to work at The Body Shop. I mean if you want to drop out, fine, but do something else with your life. She could go to beauty school or do some other type of trade but instead she's working minimum wage. She makes SO MUCH from Youtube during a time where she doesn't have any bills and it's all at her disposal, why not use that money for something as valuable as a degree? Plus, once you drop out and the older you get, the harder it is to go back.

merp
Informer
Informer

Post by merp »

& now it's deleted bc it had sooo many dislikes and negative comments lol typical

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

i don't have a problem with people dropping out of college, but her reasons are stupid and sound like excuses to not try because it's difficult and she can't make friends.
just because you're not drinking and partying at frat houses, does not mean you're not having a "college experience". i thought college was about getting a degree in a field you enjoy, not showing up hungover to your midterm.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I thought it was dumb that she dropped out of college. America is actully much cheaper to take courses and go to school then Canada is. And youtube isn't going to be around forever to many people give up real jobs and education for youtube. I love college and If I had the money I would go back again to further my Early Childhood Education or take schooling in something totally different. I noticed she erased the video I guess she was shocked that people weren't supporting her decision.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

She deleted the video so fast because, no one wants to support her choice of dropping out of college. There are classes at colleges that help students figure out their career goals. Youtube isn't going to pay the bills forever. She can always go to a trade school and a learn a skill. Education is one thing someone can't ever take away from you.

EmKareBear
Learner
Learner

Post by EmKareBear »

YouTube doesn't pay that much anyways. I don't think anyone could live off of it, unless they were getting 500,000 views on every video, or by making daily videos that reach close to this.

Return to “U-Z”