Daddy Luke

guiltygossiper
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy Luke

Post by guiltygossiper »

Yeah, their relationship really skeeves me out now. They weren't this weird at all, near the beginning (before they made anything official, and were just hanging out a hell of a lot).

losiento
Informer
Informer

Post by losiento »

hahahahaa the title is so funny.
i think Luke is one of those guys that can't handle mature women. Always has to be the dominant one in relationship...

lalatraveler
Informer
Informer

Post by lalatraveler »

I hope Ingrid is on the pill. :?

troncat
Informer
Informer

Post by troncat »

I've always found their relationship really strange, mainly because Luke used to date Kristina (italktosnakes) for a very long time. Although I can't stand Kristina most of the time and find her quite annoying to watch, she always struck me as someone with a high level of maturity where it mattered most. I can't ever see Kristina tolerating this sort of Lolita-esque relationship the way Ingrid does. Then again I stopped following Kristina after 5AG, so who know.
ImageImage

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

troncat wrote:I've always found their relationship really strange, mainly because Luke used to date Kristina (italktosnakes) for a very long time. Although I can't stand Kristina most of the time and find her quite annoying to watch, she always struck me as someone with a high level of maturity where it mattered most. I can't ever see Kristina tolerating this sort of Lolita-esque relationship the way Ingrid does. Then again I stopped following Kristina after 5AG, so who know.
If Luke is to believed, he and Kristina only dated for about 9 months or so. They formed All Caps either just before or around the time she was dating Nerimon, and it wasn't until after Nerimon dumped her that he wrote the "Hey Kristina" song and asked her out that December (2009). He's since claimed that they broke up at the end of the Summer 2010, so it wasn't really that long.

victoriaisabella
Debater
Debater

Post by victoriaisabella »

From personal experience i think they are just over compensating for the natural relationship they had at first.

Think about it when the honey moon, tingling feeling goes away if you dont connect on a deep enough level it feels like you lost a lot of the lust toward eachother.

I honestly think that since there is a bit of an age difference and luke ... well he sorta bosses ingrid around not so much in a rude way. Matter of fact i dont think that luke KNOWS hes doing it. I think it may just be in his personality. Bossy may not even be the word he just seems to be a bit of an instigator and alpha type guy (imho).

so point being i just think since the whole luke being more domineering and older thing is sort of all they have that sort of defines them as a couple (i mean people constantly bring it up, and its something they obviously both enjoy for their own reasonings) that now that they have been dating a while and it kind of gets old ingrid doing faces for luke when hes telling her to. they need to take it to the next level there go's ingrid acting "cutesy" doing the baby voice even more etc. its NEVER going to be enough the older ingrid gets whilst in this relationship the more regressed and childish she will act.

^^not the best example but yeah. AGAIN this is all speculation and thoughts
Thats just my scattered opinion though
im perfect, tumblr is perfect, the maine, sleeping with sirens, ed sheeran and all time low are all perfect.

im always smarter than you, never forget that. (yes smarter is a word)

Linnetbird
Debater
Debater

Post by Linnetbird »

Kleineganz wrote:
troncat wrote:I've always found their relationship really strange, mainly because Luke used to date Kristina (italktosnakes) for a very long time. Although I can't stand Kristina most of the time and find her quite annoying to watch, she always struck me as someone with a high level of maturity where it mattered most. I can't ever see Kristina tolerating this sort of Lolita-esque relationship the way Ingrid does. Then again I stopped following Kristina after 5AG, so who know.
If Luke is to believed, he and Kristina only dated for about 9 months or so. They formed All Caps either just before or around the time she was dating Nerimon, and it wasn't until after Nerimon dumped her that he wrote the "Hey Kristina" song and asked her out that December (2009). He's since claimed that they broke up at the end of the Summer 2010, so it wasn't really that long.
Kleine, I think you're great most of the time. But is it really necessary to keep repeating the same facts and correcting people over and over? It doesn't really add much to the conversation.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

GUYS, she's what 22 or 23? That's NOT that far from 31.

My dad is 10 years older than my mom.
I've been with someone over 20 years my senior when I was 21.

It's so laughable to me that you guys are freaking out over that small of an age difference.

miriam78
Learner
Learner

Post by miriam78 »

I think that when they were starting their relationship they didn't want to seem affective on the videos and now is awkward when they do it, because they've never been normal about it. Also, i've never thought they have a normal relationship it screams awkward.

Sorry if my english is not good, it is not my mother language :)

guiltygossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by guiltygossiper »

wanderlust wrote:GUYS, she's what 22 or 23? That's NOT that far from 31.

It's so laughable to me that you guys are freaking out over that small of an age difference.
I've been with someone over 10 years my senior too, but we definitely didn't play up the difference and make it a child/caretaker type of relationship. It's not the age difference, it's how they're handling it.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

guiltygossiper wrote:

I've been with someone over 10 years my senior too, but we definitely didn't play up the difference and make it a child/caretaker type of relationship. It's not the age difference, it's how they're handling it.
My husband is 2 months younger than me and we play that caretaker type thing up in our relationship. It's what we prefer. We both do our part in the relationship, but I let him control certain areas like sending in the payments for bills and making big decisions. He gets my opinions on things, we talk them through, and he makes the final decisions. It's a consensual, healthy relationship. We don't show it off around other people, but I'm sure hints of it do show through. That type of thing makes people uncomfortable because it's a bit taboo in modern society. The fact of the matter is that some people prefer it...plenty do. So many people here have decided that it's so "unhealthy" and "creepy", but how can it be unhealthy if the two people are happy, not neglecting each other, and not doing each other harm? Just as you have preferences in your own relationship, this is just another preference. Everyone wants to call something "weird" when they don't understand it...it's sad.

incognito

Post by incognito »

For me the age difference has nothing to do with why this relationship is so creepy to me. If you look at Ingrid's older videos, she used to talk and dress like a normal 20 year old. Since she started dating Luke, there has been a clear change in her personality and she now carries herself like a child most of the time, which apparently he's attracted to.

It's not healthy for a grown woman to act like a little girl, and it sure as hell isn't healthy for a grown man to be attracted to someone who acts like a little girl. This would be true even if they were both the same age. For the people saying it's okay because it makes them happy - doing crack makes some people happy, it doesn't make it healthy for them to keep doing it.

I wonder if they change their behavior around Ingrid's mother at all? If I saw that my daughter's boyfriend caused her to dumb herself down and act like a submissive toddler I'd be furious.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

incognito wrote: It's not healthy for a grown woman to act like a little girl, and it sure as hell isn't healthy for a grown man to be attracted to someone who acts like a little girl. This would be true even if they were both the same age. For the people saying it's okay because it makes them happy - doing crack makes some people happy, it doesn't make it healthy for them to keep doing it.
"

I said "how can it be unhealthy if the two people are happy, not neglecting each other, AND not doing each other harm? " It's not simply if you're happy or not.

What are some examples of her acting like a "little girl" other than her baby voice and calling him various names like "Mister", etc. ? I doubt that when they're at a store together talking to a sales clerk, she talks like that. Honestly, I get the impression they act more serious off camera than on and that some of this is for the camera anyway.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Ok not that I necessarily agree with everything you ladies seem to think about Luke and Ingrid and her "daddy issues," however I heard this song on the radio today and some of the lyrics reminded me of the discussions you guys have had, so I thought I'd share:

[youtube][/youtube]

incognito

Post by incognito »

wanderlust wrote:
incognito wrote: It's not healthy for a grown woman to act like a little girl, and it sure as hell isn't healthy for a grown man to be attracted to someone who acts like a little girl. This would be true even if they were both the same age. For the people saying it's okay because it makes them happy - doing crack makes some people happy, it doesn't make it healthy for them to keep doing it.
"

I said "how can it be unhealthy if the two people are happy, not neglecting each other, AND not doing each other harm? " It's not simply if you're happy or not.

What are some examples of her acting like a "little girl" other than her baby voice and calling him various names like "Mister", etc. ? I doubt that when they're at a store together talking to a sales clerk, she talks like that. Honestly, I get the impression they act more serious off camera than on and that some of this is for the camera anyway.
Sorry - I'm an idiot and apparently didn't finish reading that sentence all the way through the first time, lol.

As far as other examples: she dresses very childish now (the friggin dinosaur hoodie, the outfit she wore in some holiday party video looked like what a 5 year old would wear). Also the baby voice is a big deal to me, I cannot STAND when women play dumb in order to stroke a guy's ego. I used to do it myself because unfortunately it is a lot easier to get guys to like you if you pretend you aren't as smart as they are. Then I started to wonder why all the guys I attracted were complete assholes, and finally realized that if a guy can only tolerate women he feels mentally superior to, he's an insecure douchebag. Just from my experience, it makes me believe that Luke is probably not such a great guy. If she'd been acting like that all along it wouldn't bother me as much because it would just be her personality, but it only started since she's been with him.

Mishka
Learner
Learner

Post by Mishka »

wanderlust wrote:
"

She also names all her stuffed animals, piggy banks, cups, pillows, etc.

Poopsie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Poopsie »

Their relationship is creepy to me. The whole little-girl routine is bizarre.
Luke isn't even attractive at all, imho. She could do better.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Mishka wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
"

She also names all her stuffed animals, piggy banks, cups, pillows, etc.
Ok, good point...very little girl-ish.
At this point, I can't really say if something like that is healthy or not. It depends what she's into, I suppose.
Maybe she likes feeling like a little girl for some reason. There are a lot of ways in which that is not healthy if it's taken too far. It could be perfectly fine, but it does strike one as odd, doesn't it?

Anyway, admittedly, privately I sometimes like acting childish...not going as far as naming stuffed animals and piggy banks, but sort of just feeling safe and comfortable. I only do it around my husband. Sorry to make this about me, but some of the comments here are hitting home a bit. I empathize with her, I suppose.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

kk222 wrote: Luke isn't even attractive at all, imho. She could do better.
Why is it all about looks? I HATE it when people say "She/he could do better." If a person is lucky enough to find a person that they truly love and have a connection and compatibility with, their attractiveness to other people doesn't matter one little bit.

KAY02
Talker
Talker

Post by KAY02 »

My thoughts exactly. I've dated much older men and it's not a big deal to me.

Return to “Luke Conard”