Daddy Luke

Allie112
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy Luke

Post by Allie112 »

I can't see them being Fleur & Mike Serious, Luke seems like the kinda guy that when he's 50 and still trying to get a record deal he'll be saying stuff like 'you remember that time when I was huge on YouTube' he doesn't have a good enough voice for the industry it sounds like he's constipated.

Poopsie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Poopsie »

Allie112 wrote:I can't see them being Fleur & Mike Serious, Luke seems like the kinda guy that when he's 50 and still trying to get a record deal he'll be saying stuff like 'you remember that time when I was huge on YouTube' he doesn't have a good enough voice for the industry it sounds like he's constipated.
LOL! And so true!!!

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I think that would fall under "right to privacy" guidelines, wouldn't it? In an open public place, as part of a larger crowd where the child isn't the focal point of the photo/video is a case where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy and therefore you do not need documented consent. I think if he was only focusing on the kids (ie., zooming in, following them around, etc) then it would be a problem. But since Ingrid and her friend are always the focal points in those shots and the kids just happen to be in the background...he can't get in trouble for that.

April Ludgate
Lurker
Lurker

Post by April Ludgate »

lips wrote:Luke better be careful filming videos for Ingreed cause he shoots a lot of randomn strangers and little kids on Santa Monica Pier..now unless he got permission from the parents, it's completely illegal to shoot little kids like that and use them in videos even if its for YouTube!
It's not illegal.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

lips wrote:Actually he is supposed to put up a sign saying there is filming in the area to let people know.
Also he is supposed to get a signed consent form waiving rights. Basic filmmaking 101.
Also if he's filming in LA, he needs a filming permit, especially since he's filming projects for profit.
Sorry but that is completely false. In the United States, as long as it's a public place it's perfectly legal, and consent is not required of the people in the background if they are not the subjects of the filming.

"It is legal to photograph or videotape anything and anyone on any public property. Photographing or videotaping a tourist attraction, whether publicly or privately owned, is generally considered legal, unless explicitly prohibited by posted signs."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photograph ... ted_States

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

It's not a major motion picture, it's a 5 minute YouTube video. Those restrictions are in place mostly because filmmaking tends to interfere with the day-to-day functions of these public places. If Steven Spielberg decided to film a new movie on Santa Monica Pier, he would absolutely need all of the permits and consent forms that you mentioned. But Luke is (for all intents and purposes) a normal Average Joe. He was one guy with one camera taking a video of two girls twirling around and pointing to various pieces of clothing. This is partly why expectation of privacy guidelines are in place, so that people can't bring about frivolous lawsuits because someone accidentally took a picture of them in public. Saying that Luke could be subject to legal action for that video is like saying that I should be sued because I did a few vlogs the last time I was at Disneyland. There were thousands of kids running around behind me. Regardless of the fact that Ingrid is going to get money for putting up that video, it's not illegal. That's all there is to it.

kaysagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kaysagossiper »

truetale wrote:I think a lot of girls change their voices a bit when they're around guys. At the same time Ingrid is mature, she's just a bit like a big kid. It's part of her personality. I remember her being a lot more mature before dating Luke. That said, even I go a little "baby talk" with my boyfriend, it's a natural inclination for me somehow, because I think he's so so cute and sweet. I call him mister too sometimes, just like a guy might tease a girl calling her "missy" , I dont know. It's not like she's calling him daddy. Big diff. So I wouldn't go so far as to agree with what people are claiming here. Not a big deal.

Apart from Luke though, she needs to stop wearing little kid stuff. It's kinda weird ... she's what ... 24?
I have also been known to call my boyfriend "mister" but just when we're goofing around. Not, when we're with friends or in public or anything. You know? Like there is just something weird here. I'm SURE she plays it up for the camera, but it just makes me uncomfortable seeing them together. There is a big difference between acting cutesy and dorky when you're alone, and broadcasting it to you're million viewers.
I just can't picture them having a grown up discussion about politics or soemthing.

Return to “Luke Conard”