Safiya Nygaard Part 6: Slow Speech Rate and Even Slower Editing

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Re: Safiya Nygaard Part 6: Slow Speech Rate and Even Slower Editing

Post by TourDeForce »

I have never, in the 14 years I’ve been on YouTube, have come across an account that is consistently having “tech issues.” Holy shit.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

TourDeForce wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:06 pm
I have never, in the 14 years I’ve been on YouTube, have come across an account that is consistently having “tech issues.” Holy shit.
i just assume that anytime they have "tech" issues this bad, its because saf and tyler had to do the set up themselves. or, more likely, saf just doesn't want to upload whatever it is and is completely scrapping it again. its weird how little they do but how much time they supposedly need. there are youtubers who do hour plus heavily edited videos, with tons of research and graphics, weekly, by themselves, just for fun while having lives. and they can't manage a 20 minute video with medium editing with full staff as their full time jobs within a month no less!. must be nice
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Post by PugsleyWednesday »

Apparently this was filmed in OCTOBER.... It's now APRIL...

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:45 pm
An impressive turnaround by her standards

BrutallyDecrepit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrutallyDecrepit »

wreck wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:46 am
PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:45 pm
It's probably because of the collaboration aspect- Nicole Rudolph had a video on the making of her shoes so that probably "sped" her up.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by takoyaki »

Nextbeat was such a pathetic failure. Only Safiya and one guy was on there. Who was that guy BTW? I never watched his nextbeat stuff but from the thumbnails it seemed like nextbeat paid him to be on the platform.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

takoyaki wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:20 am
Nextbeat was such a pathetic failure. Only Safiya and one guy was on there. Who was that guy BTW? I never watched his nextbeat stuff but from the thumbnails it seemed like nextbeat paid him to be on the platform.
The few times I looked at it, I always remember thinking that it seemed like a platform primarily catered to promoting Safiya and Tyler rather than something a general audience would be interested in using. Obviously I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but it never seemed like they were trying to recruit other influencers or anything like that. Maybe they thought it would succeed on people's interest in them alone?

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

BrutallyDecrepit wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:33 pm
wreck wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:46 am

It's probably because of the collaboration aspect- Nicole Rudolph had a video on the making of her shoes so that probably "sped" her up.
You all make me LOL - I wonder how long it would have taken had she not been prompted to by the other lady's video on the shoe-making aspect.

I would never want to collaborate with them, you'd be looking at 6-8+ months before you could post anything.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

wreck wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:37 am
takoyaki wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:20 am
The few times I looked at it, I always remember thinking that it seemed like a platform primarily catered to promoting Safiya and Tyler rather than something a general audience would be interested in using. Obviously I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but it never seemed like they were trying to recruit other influencers or anything like that. Maybe they thought it would succeed on people's interest in them alone?
from what i remember of it, it was a worse younow. very confusing and difficult to navigate, they were only on at like 2am my time, and they like never promoted it. if they were trying to get people on, i could see why they wouldn't. younow was bigger and easier to use and you weren't shackled to saf and ty's horrid schedule
eating dumplings

grilledcheese_
Talker
Talker

Post by grilledcheese_ »

Another cancelled stream and all the comments are like "you have too much on your plate!! don't worry you guys do so much!! take a break to rest!!!!" ...what? I actually am a fan of both Safiya & Tyler but in the last 3 months they've posted 3 videos. Sure, they do a live stream every week but they're never longer than 2 hours. I don't care if they have to cancel for whatever reason but all the babying them is weird. They have a full team helping them with everything and don't work outside of YT. I don't really think they have that much on their plate.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

They really can’t do more than one thing at a time. They cancel 2 streams to post one official video. I mean what on earth are their teams doing? They seem to hire so many people (at least 3) and on top of both safiya and Tyler who work full time on these videos. There are people doing YouTube alone that put out more consistent weekly videos than them.
I have no fucks left to give.

Chelseap1
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelseap1 »

Do they have jobs outside of YouTube?

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

Chelseap1 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 6:13 pm
Do they have jobs outside of YouTube?
No, YouTube is their job. Tyler use to do something else I think but he quit to work full time on safiya’s channel. He use to at least have a separate channel where they try things which I found interesting but he quit that after just a few videos, shows that he has very little self discipline and can’t be motivated to do stuff for himself for long. I think his last video was about how he wanted to make more videos which is pretty funny. Or sad.

They are just lazy and milking their privilege because they know that they have an audience who would watch them no matter how little they do. All they have to do is claim tech issues or scheduling issues and it all gets a pass.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

Ok so safiya said there will possibly be a new main channel video the previous stream 2 weeks ago. Then the stream they did 2 days ago they said it wasn’t ready yet but that it was really close and it should be up the next day. And now 2 days later it’s still not up :huh?: seriously what do they do all day?
At this point might be better for them to just stop promising videos.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

Penelope penny wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:43 pm
Ok so safiya said there will possibly be a new main channel video the previous stream 2 weeks ago. Then the stream they did 2 days ago they said it wasn’t ready yet but that it was really close and it should be up the next day. And now 2 days later it’s still not up :huh?: seriously what do they do all day?
At this point might be better for them to just stop promising videos.
Well, it's up. Worth the wait?

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

New vid:

So we're just watching her get hair treatments now? No real scientific insight, or talking about cost, or comparisons, none of that at all???

and even in this vid she kept talking about 'editing brain'... Like girl, if it takes you THAT long to edit, when you have so many staff/assistants and Tyler, and the videos still seem halfarsed, I dunno what to tell you, babes....

Like I do genuinely 'like' her stuff, but like todays video, she's just NOT putting her all into it at all.. OR she's putting it into the wrong areas... like I said, this could have been interesting to look into the science a bit, maybe do a comparison, do some at home treatment and try that and use their own cam, and see the similarities and differences etc... But nope. We just watched Safiya get a shampoo and hair treatment, and then watched Tyler do the same. Meh.

unwelcome
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by unwelcome »

Girl literally made a commercial where she makes an entire disclaimer of her looking like an egg, but won't address the misleading facts they've put in the video. The comment section is not heaving it either.

And also, while it's fine to not wash hair every day depending on the person, but I have the feeling that she only showers when she's filming and will blame it on being an editor. If there is this much anxiety and stress going on to the point of being casual about not taking care of their own bodies, replace your editors.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

unwelcome wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:58 am
Girl literally made a commercial where she makes an entire disclaimer of her looking like an egg, but won't address the misleading facts they've put in the video. The comment section is not heaving it either.

And also, while it's fine to not wash hair every day depending on the person, but I have the feeling that she only showers when she's filming and will blame it on being an editor. If there is this much anxiety and stress going on to the point of being casual about not taking care of their own bodies, replace your editors.
Yes she specifically said she only washes her hair when she knows she going to be on camera and filming... like jeeze... does that go the same for bathing? No wonder she's acting depressed and getting nothing done. They literally have NO motivation for anything and are living the life I had when genuinely clinically depressed. They both really need a schedule and a kick up the rear. Or therapy.

I'm glad a lot of the commenters are pointing out the "Sure Jan" elements there. But also her weird comment about her chin makeup and looking like an egg... it literally didn't even enter my mind, a person is going to look weird from that angle, no big? It's not like she has wobbling jowls and triple chins rolling down in any way, so it felt like a non-issue she got 'stuck' on, feeling the need to explain - which is something she seems to do a lot. She gets stuck on stupid little details like that, and not seeing the whole overall picture, or other more glaring issues.

Also, aren't all the follicles in ones head, infact glands that secrete oil naturally anyway? Which is where the whole '100 brush strokes a day' came from originally, to disperse the natural oils? Obviously there may be factors as to why one may be oilier or dryer, and certain products that may help that - but a steamed head and some woowoo products without proper educated professionals and science to back that up, aint it.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

The “wash your scalp everyday” thing is mostly a thing “tradition” (?) for SE Asians. I grew up pretty much washing my hair every morning before school and work and sometimes even at night as well. Now I only wash my hair every 2-3 days but I also live in a different and drier climate where I sweat less and my scalp does not feel as oily.

I think it’s misleading to do the microscope thing right before and right after the wash, if you want a better comparison you should do one before the wash since safiya mentioned she just washed her own scalp the day before the headspa shoot, and come back and film another microscope shot the day after the headspa shoot. I guarantee then that her hair probably wouldn’t look that different as it will have had some hours to secrete oil overnight.

There’s also thing like hormones and genes that play a big part on the oilines of your scalp, hair thinning etc. not to mention hair grows at different rates so the thinner hair on her scalp isn’t necessarily thinning hair, but probably just new hair that hasn’t achieved the thickness of her older hair follicles.

I mean a head massage and hair wash is very relaxing but that’s all it is and it shouldn’t be marketed as more than that. I get a head massage and “professional hair wash” twice a year when I get my hair cut, but it’s not a necessity and doesn’t guarantee good hair health.

Things like good nutrition (enough biotin and iron for example), proper hygiene, genes, hormones all play a part. And if the redness in Tyler’s scalp is a concern they should be seeing a dermatologist, not someone shilling their spa.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by takoyaki »

Wow it was super cringe how Tyler kept begging to get his scalp washed 😬 it was so awkward how the owner and Safiya kept ignoring him and brushing him off and chuckling nervously every time he begged to so it too

I guess Safiya was getting the treatment for free to do the video and the owner didn't want to give Tyler a free treatment as well lol. They exited the salon before Safiya finally "allowed"(???) Tyler to do a treatment. I'm guessing they paid for his treatment at least lol

I'm sure they're both still rolling in money so I wonder why safiya didn't seem to want him to get a treatment lol. Just fucking pay for it jfc

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”