Safiya Nygaard Part 6: Slow Speech Rate and Even Slower Editing

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Re: Safiya Nygaard Part 6: Slow Speech Rate and Even Slower Editing

Post by PugsleyWednesday »

takoyaki wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:21 am
Wow it was super cringe how Tyler kept begging to get his scalp washed 😬 it was so awkward how the owner and Safiya kept ignoring him and brushing him off and chuckling nervously every time he begged to so it too

I guess Safiya was getting the treatment for free to do the video and the owner didn't want to give Tyler a free treatment as well lol. They exited the salon before Safiya finally "allowed"(???) Tyler to do a treatment. I'm guessing they paid for his treatment at least lol

I'm sure they're both still rolling in money so I wonder why safiya didn't seem to want him to get a treatment lol. Just fucking pay for it jfc
Half the time I feel like she doesn't even want him there, or interjecting the way he does. There's always this veil of her barely standing him, that I can't get over.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

currently watching the stream from today, i think its very obvious they read stuff here/gossip sites because the way it was just mentioned that everybody liked when tyler used his channel, and despite not even being on top of the 2 channels they already use, they are gonna revive his...

its also so strange to me how they constantly make a big deal about "not uploading" or appearing or anything when it's like... you aren't here enough for us to be mad about that. especially considering that honestly i prefer them currently cause this is the most frequent and consistent theyve been in awhile
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

I did check out the stream for a little bit, but they mostly annoy me in long-form like that... I did notice they said they were "up early" and Tyler goes 9 O'Clock, and that's early for them. Must be nice.

They mentioned 3 assistants in the room at the time, and that they were working on Tyler's Channel, it very much seemed like Safiya is pushing him to do his own content, because she's sick of him edging in on hers, and is annoyed with him butting into her schtick. There was this weird vibe of him being "I WORK!" and her being like "I know! But I mean on your own stuff" and it got a bit awkward and she said he was grumbling over there, and he was just doing everything, while she got distracted and went off on tangents. I wonder if she is genuinely ADHD.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:30 am
I did check out the stream for a little bit, but they mostly annoy me in long-form like that... I did notice they said they were "up early" and Tyler goes 9 O'Clock, and that's early for them. Must be nice.

They mentioned 3 assistants in the room at the time, and that they were working on Tyler's Channel, it very much seemed like Safiya is pushing him to do his own content, because she's sick of him edging in on hers, and is annoyed with him butting into her schtick. There was this weird vibe of him being "I WORK!" and her being like "I know! But I mean on your own stuff" and it got a bit awkward and she said he was grumbling over there, and he was just doing everything, while she got distracted and went off on tangents. I wonder if she is genuinely ADHD.
which is really crazy because as far as we can tell, everybody but here is gung ho about getting content out. i honestly think ty would do well on youtube if not for having to be stuck under saf all the time. all his content was just vlogs of them so it makes sense he'd stop when they stuck to only inside like weird depressed dirty gremlins. if he starts actually doing (good) stuff on his channel, i could see it "backfiring" on saf and making her/forcing her to upload more
eating dumplings

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

It always feels awkward whenever Tyler gets annoyed at Safiya on the stream. And they can’t edit it out either, and it kinda ruins the mood for everyone even if Safiya tries to smile it off.
Like when they were mixing bathbombs today he got annoyed at her holding the cup while he was mixing (around the 1 hr mark). And he gets so into the doing part that he pretty much shuts out everyone trying to work around him. He also pretty much always takes over the stream instead of splitting it 50/50 and Safiya ends up doing nothing but standing to the side or handing him things. That might be why she’s keen for him to revive his channel lol, so he can get out of her hair. Idk am I the only one who feels that way?
I have no fucks left to give.

doublebatch
Learner
Learner

Post by doublebatch »

I think Tyler is super annoying and lowkey a dick to Saf a lot of the time. I feel like he is trying to horn in on her schtick and if it were me it would piss me off.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

doublebatch wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:24 am
I think Tyler is super annoying and lowkey a dick to Saf a lot of the time. I feel like he is trying to horn in on her schtick and if it were me it would piss me off.
really? i feel its the complete opposite, especially with the comments theyve made about micromanaging and stuff, it feels more like saf needs to do every little thing and just hovers around tyler while he's doing something instead of working on her own stuff. even worse now, cause her thing should have been reading chat but they gave that to the assistant.

also i don't get how people think ty wants in on her thing, he always seems so unatached from her youtube stuff in a "i want to be a personality" way. he's there but he seems to like the background boyfriend/youtube SO role.
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

They definitely read here, todays livestream had Safiya actually being the one to 'do' the craft (soap making), and Tyler reading the instructions.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

I found myself kinda enjoying the video today. And honestly I’m okay with them reading here as long as there is no direct interaction. And if they use any advice/comments to improve themselves I’m happy with that. Hopefully if they do read here they will be more disciplined with a better upload schedule than what they have had. Like how they took advice to stop reading chat and leave it to Carly since they are easily effected by comments.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

I Went To A Lost Luggage Store

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h31p4OLbqSc

berlinchair
Learner
Learner

Post by berlinchair »

What the heck is going on with her hair? Why are the ends bleached orange?

coffeemess
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by coffeemess »

is she pregnant?

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

berlinchair wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:37 am
What the heck is going on with her hair? Why are the ends bleached orange?
I feel like this was a trend late 2010's or so? Is it coming back? I dunno... Reminds me of the girl from Austin and Ally in the later seasons lol.
coffeemess wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:54 am
is she pregnant?
Naw, that horrible babydoll style of dress doesn't flatter her. She's a bit booty heavy, and has a short torso, but long legs, so its easy for her to look bulky with the shitty outfits she chooses.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

coffeemess wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:54 am
is she pregnant?
nah she just dresses horribly, had the same thought many times when watching her
I think it's just how she dresses i.e. not very well for her body shape

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

She mentioned multiple times including in the most recent livestream that she was not pregnant. People have asked a lot ever since she left ladylike but she said it was just weight gain, and I believe her. Otherwise she would’ve been pregnant for a few years already :roll: pregnancy speculation is so tired. She is just not an active person ever since she started her own channel. They drive everywhere and she’s mostly indoors editing or at meetings. Also she’s pretty curvy so if she wears large shapeless clothes which seems to be a favourite of hers, her boobs will lift the clothes and make a sort of “tent” that makes her seem bigger than she is.

Speaking of livestream I feel that safiya and Tyler’s interaction was so weird and tense during their water marbling live.

In other news, they’ve recently gotten a kitten form the shelter. I suppose that could be the cause of tension as well as they mentioned the kitten having a lot of energy obviously compared to crusty who was already pretty old when they adopted him.

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

I didn't watch the whole livestream - I never do because I get very sick of them, very quickly - and their vibe usually goes weird, so it makes it cringe for me - but I did see them mention having a kitten and them both clearly being very overwhelmed by it... Can't help but feel a bit sorry for it - and feel they may have been irresponsible there and are struggling badly...
So if they're having such a hard time, just with a kitten, there's no way they could ever handle an actual baby child.

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:33 pm
I didn't watch the whole livestream - I never do because I get very sick of them, very quickly - and their vibe usually goes weird, so it makes it cringe for me - but I did see them mention having a kitten and them both clearly being very overwhelmed by it... Can't help but feel a bit sorry for it - and feel they may have been irresponsible there and are struggling badly...
So if they're having such a hard time, just with a kitten, there's no way they could ever handle an actual baby child.
I think they thought it would be similar to owning crusty who was a laid back senior cat that enjoyed being the only pet after years on the streets fighting with other cats, however a kitten requires a lot more stimulation and most responsible shelters would have asked if they had another cat or kitten at home and if they didn’t they should adopt in pairs.

I’m just glad they at least seem to work from home most of the time so the kitten isn’t alone too much hopefully. However didn’t they mention a couple of travel plans? Who’s looking after the kitten during that time?

I don’t think they’re struggling with the kitten, kittens and puppies are so curious and have so much energy, they want to try everything and get into anything so it’s understandable that it is a little overwhelming, they are also very active unlike human babies who tend to sleep and cry a lot.

However, I do think they should’ve done a bit more research or that the shelter should’ve provided more adequate information and screening.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

Penelope penny wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:50 pm
PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:33 pm
I think they thought it would be similar to owning crusty who was a laid back senior cat that enjoyed being the only pet after years on the streets fighting with other cats, however a kitten requires a lot more stimulation and most responsible shelters would have asked if they had another cat or kitten at home and if they didn’t they should adopt in pairs.

I’m just glad they at least seem to work from home most of the time so the kitten isn’t alone too much hopefully. However didn’t they mention a couple of travel plans? Who’s looking after the kitten during that time?

I don’t think they’re struggling with the kitten, kittens and puppies are so curious and have so much energy, they want to try everything and get into anything so it’s understandable that it is a little overwhelming, they are also very active unlike human babies who tend to sleep and cry a lot.

However, I do think they should’ve done a bit more research or that the shelter should’ve provided more adequate information and screening.
it seems weird to me they would jump to get a kitten, when another older cat (maybe not quite as old as crusty was lol) would have made much more sense. im assuming they got a kitten specifically instead of another older cat is because they plan on making content about it. raising and training a pet is hard of course, but for them to be so hagard on just that alone seems a bit ridiculous unless you add in trying to film as well. i predict a "raising a kitten" video in the next few weeks/months (if they don't disappear again)

also really over the "buying strangers leftovers/overstock/random items" thing. im ok theyre finally uploading semi-regularly but she's got to move on content wise. that historical site video is probably like, the best combination of her interests and skills and she should stick to stuff like that
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Criminey a new vid within 2 weeks of the last? She's done her work for the rest of the year... lmfao.

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

I actually really liked this one, not just for the content (which was interesting) but by the fact that she and Tyler seemed way more relaxed and happy. They were joking around, riffing off each other and seemed to genuinely be having a good time. I feel like in some of the recent videos (ESPCECIALLY the lost luggage one) Saf has seemed tense and awkward, and kind of lost in terms of how to style herself when shopping for clothes, possibly because her shape has changed a little bit and her personal style hasn't evolved in about 10 years. Her nervous anxious energy has been giving the videos a tense vibe that I haven't enjoyed. But this one felt different, idk what it is.

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”