bookswithchloe - exactly

HYUNAgg
Learner
Learner

Re: bookswithchloe - exactly

Post by HYUNAgg »

Even if she is bi it's still a bit icky for her to kiss someone who has a boyfriend and then post it on her story

WhaleofaTale
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by WhaleofaTale »

Yeah, she's definitely said she's bi before. It's fine to kiss your friends for fun, some people do! every friend group is different! I personally find it ick that she posted it on her story in general lmao...like in public even- whatever, but it feels like she's showing off by posting it to all her followers...which is..weird.

soratyrus
Debater
Debater

Post by soratyrus »

WhaleofaTale wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:53 am
Yeah, she's definitely said she's bi before. It's fine to kiss your friends for fun, some people do! every friend group is different! I personally find it ick that she posted it on her story in general lmao...like in public even- whatever, but it feels like she's showing off by posting it to all her followers...which is..weird.
Yeah, the ick factor for me is that she posted it to her stories.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

I think all of them are attention seekers so I don't have a problem with her posting it, they knew it was filmed and agreed to be posted.

booksandgossip
Learner
Learner

Post by booksandgossip »

It's funny how Chloe mentions in her latest vlog about liking books with no plot, just vibes. Since that's what most people here have suspected.

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Few thoughts about her last vlog:
-I think she started the love hypothesis with the wrong mindset because she was like: people say that it's better than TSLD and i can not see that and seemed quite bitter about it. Also she was so picky when in reality both TSLD and TLH share similar stupid/awkward/unrealistic expectations. Also she mentioned how she wasn't into star wars and maybe it was a requirement to like the love hypotesis when it's not. I didn't watch all of the SW movies and yet i didn't feel that way but whatever...
-she liked my year of rest and relaxation and yet she had to use a whole clip from a tiktoker where they explain stuff about the book and the treatment and the whole idea behind ''sleeping your problems away'' instead of trying to explain it herself. I'm not saying she has to know stuff about medicine and pills in the 1800's like the other girl did, but at least explain something about the book. How they treat depression, what's interesting, how do you feel about the character... chloe said nothing once again
-I'm not surprised she liked alone with you in the ether. She claimed these days she has no desire to read because she does it for a few hours and then starts talking to people and doing other hobbies and i was like girl WE CAN TELL. Yet with this one she claimed she could read for hours and in one sitting which i found interesting as well. It fits this new persona that she's been creating for the past few year so..not much more to say. I think she keeps doing this experimental videos to force herself to read and to get views but you can tell she looks bored when reading and she's not into it

girlactik88
Debater
Debater

Post by girlactik88 »

I'm also curious to know if Chloe buddy read any of these three books with CaItLyNBuNnY~ and if yes, did Caitlyn have the same opinion on the ratings... Are these really Chloe's thoughts or is she projecting Caitlyn's analysis as her own?

bcj13
Debater
Debater

Post by bcj13 »

LaurieShelby wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:14 am
-I think she started the love hypothesis with the wrong mindset because she was like: people say that it's better than TSLD and i can not see that and seemed quite bitter about it. Also she was so picky when in reality both TSLD and TLH share similar stupid/awkward/unrealistic expectations. Also she mentioned how she wasn't into star wars and maybe it was a requirement to like the love hypotesis when it's not. I didn't watch all of the SW movies and yet i didn't feel that way but whatever...
-she liked my year of rest and relaxation and yet she had to use a whole clip from a tiktoker where they explain stuff about the book and the treatment and the whole idea behind ''sleeping your problems away'' instead of trying to explain it herself. I'm not saying she has to know stuff about medicine and pills in the 1800's like the other girl did, but at least explain something about the book. How they treat depression, what's interesting, how do you feel about the character... chloe said nothing once again
-I'm not surprised she liked alone with you in the ether. She claimed these days she has no desire to read because she does it for a few hours and then starts talking to people and doing other hobbies and i was like girl WE CAN TELL. Yet with this one she claimed she could read for hours and in one sitting which i found interesting as well. It fits this new persona that she's been creating for the past few year so..not much more to say. I think she keeps doing this experimental videos to force herself to read and to get views but you can tell she looks bored when reading and she's not into it
She was definitely just bitter than some people liked The Love Hypothesis better than The Spanish Love Deception, even though in reality they are the exact same genre of romance book. Enemies-to-lovers, fake dating, constant size comparison between the main characters, etc. Also found it ironic when she went on that weird rant about expiration dates because I've heard from a few people that the characters in TSLD use a very old/expired condom.

jackietea
Informer
Informer

Post by jackietea »

first of all, It cracks me up that she is all about existentialism... but has no clue what that actually means. Just because you always say "Who am i" doesn't mean you are sooooo into existentialism. lol.

also, she has said she is bi-sexual, but in a livestream she once said she was more into men romantically. My opinion, she probably just thinks girls are hot... which I agree and Im as straight as they come. lol

Also.. pet peeve. Both characters are white in the love hypothesis.... we know that from the cover, it's already a given. But then she said that the side characters were the only rep. SO? would you rather have none? all white people? Like... obviously the main 2 are white... so you cant pretend to be annoyed by that when you already knew that going in... but why would you complain about side characters being diverse? its better than them being white as well isn't it? I dont know... strange thing to be annoyed with.

jackietea
Informer
Informer

Post by jackietea »

Also, one more thing... I hate that she said during her review of the LH, that she relied on the love interest for personal growth... and that you should never rely on someone else for that? Excuse me? She relied HEAVILY on her friends for her growth... what is the difference between that and a romantic partner... you can grow a lot as a person from both of those things... in different ways. To say one is okay and valid, but you shouldn't with the other is very hypocritical to me. I think there are many ways to grow as a person, and through the support of a romantic partner is just one.

bookreader13
Learner
Learner

Post by bookreader13 »

jackietea wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:08 pm
first of all, It cracks me up that she is all about existentialism... but has no clue what that actually means. Just because you always say "Who am i" doesn't mean you are sooooo into existentialism. lol.

also, she has said she is bi-sexual, but in a livestream she once said she was more into men romantically. My opinion, she probably just thinks girls are hot... which I agree and Im as straight as they come. lol

Also.. pet peeve. Both characters are white in the love hypothesis.... we know that from the cover, it's already a given. But then she said that the side characters were the only rep. SO? would you rather have none? all white people? Like... obviously the main 2 are white... so you cant pretend to be annoyed by that when you already knew that going in... but why would you complain about side characters being diverse? its better than them being white as well isn't it? I dont know... strange thing to be annoyed with.
Just wanted to chime in and say that bisexuality is a spectrum, like all sexualities. She can have a romantic or sexual gender preference and still be bisexual. People are rarely 100% anything, and bisexual people are rarely 50%/50% on their attraction to both genders.

concerned_carrot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by concerned_carrot »

bookreader13 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:07 am
jackietea wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:08 pm

Just wanted to chime in and say that bisexuality is a spectrum, like all sexualities. She can have a romantic or sexual gender preference and still be bisexual. People are rarely 100% anything, and bisexual people are rarely 50%/50% on their attraction to both genders.
Regardless what you think about Chloe, speculating about her sexuality is invasive and honestly icky. I don’t think it’s fair to her to try and say what she probably likes in terms of her sexuality. Bi-erasure is rampant and it’s never nice to see.

booksandgossip
Learner
Learner

Post by booksandgossip »

girlactik88 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:14 pm
I'm also curious to know if Chloe buddy read any of these three books with CaItLyNBuNnY~ and if yes, did Caitlyn have the same opinion on the ratings... Are these really Chloe's thoughts or is she projecting Caitlyn's analysis as her own?
That's a possibility that they're not completely her thoughts, that's for sure!

booksandgossip
Learner
Learner

Post by booksandgossip »

jackietea wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:22 pm
Also, one more thing... I hate that she said during her review of the LH, that she relied on the love interest for personal growth... and that you should never rely on someone else for that? Excuse me? She relied HEAVILY on her friends for her growth... what is the difference between that and a romantic partner... you can grow a lot as a person from both of those things... in different ways. To say one is okay and valid, but you shouldn't with the other is very hypocritical to me. I think there are many ways to grow as a person, and through the support of a romantic partner is just one.
And you just know that if she met a real life Aaron Blackford tomorrow, she'd forget all about what she's said. :rofl:

booksandgossip
Learner
Learner

Post by booksandgossip »

LaurieShelby wrote:
I wonder if she really thinks that she wouldn't do well as a lifestyle YouTuber, who occasionally talks about books. Maybe she has pressure to not change, especially now that she's over 100k. I guess that's the risk you run when you make reading your full-time job. They'll just be times when you don't feel like reading as much. But since this is attached to her income......

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

booksandgossip wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:36 am
LaurieShelby wrote:
I wonder if she really thinks that she wouldn't do well as a lifestyle YouTuber, who occasionally talks about books. Maybe she has pressure to not change, especially now that she's over 100k. I guess that's the risk you run when you make reading your full-time job. They'll just be times when you don't feel like reading as much. But since this is attached to her income......
i think she could do well since she has a nice aesthetic and people tend to follow her, even if her content regarding books is kind of empty. However i remember brittany the bibliophile case and it was similar. She got into a terrible readig slump and she tried to start a lifestyle/podcast/art one where she was doing more lifestyle content. Then she realize it wasn't doing great and since she wasn't reading that much she incorporated other aspects to her reading channel (she was dong daily or weekly reading vlogs where she was doing everything except reading). She talked about it in one of those and she mentioned how her subscribers weren't increasing as quick as they used to and the views were decent but not as they used to be when she was talking about books and actually reading. But she was forcing herself to read to create content and she's been in a slum for many years now (and i watch her videos and you can tell that she's not into reading anymore). Chloe's case could be different because she has more subscribers/impact and maybe she could do well but you never know. Reading is a hobby and sometimes you fell out of it and then you get back eventually but when your money relies on it it could be difficult.

jackietea
Informer
Informer

Post by jackietea »

HYUNAgg wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:38 am
Even if she is bi it's still a bit icky for her to kiss someone who has a boyfriend and then post it on her story
The thing that bothers me about this is that she is bi.... so if she is kissing someone with a boyfriend, that should be a threat right? if there is a possibility of you being with someone or having feelings for someone... you shouldn't kiss them if they have a partner, male or female... its VERY disrespectful. EVEN if she doesnt have feelings for her, she is still bi. Its a respect thing for me. It feels like a big FU to her boyfriend. It would be like a guy kissing a girl with a boyfriend and KNOWING that she has a boyfriend, and the girl with the boyfriend saying "I don't have feelings for him its no big deal, he is just a friend" but the guy who did the kissing MIGHT have feelings for her. that guy that did the kissing knowing that she had a boyfriend would be a huge douchbag and the boyfriend would have every right to be pissed.

I would never kiss a guy knowing he had a girlfriend... just like I wouldn't kiss a girl knowing she had a boyfriend if I was bi... because I understand boundaries and respect. Chloe I think needs to understand boundaries a little bit... or just reflect on it.

booksandgossip
Learner
Learner

Post by booksandgossip »

jackietea wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:19 am
HYUNAgg wrote:
The thing that bothers me about this is that she is bi.... so if she is kissing someone with a boyfriend, that should be a threat right? if there is a possibility of you being with someone or having feelings for someone... you shouldn't kiss them if they have a partner, male or female... its VERY disrespectful. EVEN if she doesnt have feelings for her, she is still bi. Its a respect thing for me. It feels like a big FU to her boyfriend. It would be like a guy kissing a girl with a boyfriend and KNOWING that she has a boyfriend, and the girl with the boyfriend saying "I don't have feelings for him its no big deal, he is just a friend" but the guy who did the kissing MIGHT have feelings for her. that guy that did the kissing knowing that she had a boyfriend would be a huge douchbag and the boyfriend would have every right to be pissed.

I would never kiss a guy knowing he had a girlfriend... just like I wouldn't kiss a girl knowing she had a boyfriend if I was bi... because I understand boundaries and respect. Chloe I think needs to understand boundaries a little bit... or just reflect on it.
And Chloe should know all about respecting people's boundaries with how much she was emphasizing that about her relationship with Jamie.

jackietea
Informer
Informer

Post by jackietea »

booksandgossip wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:24 pm
jackietea wrote:

And Chloe should know all about respecting people's boundaries with how much she was emphasizing that about her relationship with Jamie.
thats the thing.. i don't think chloe respected jamie's boundaries and that was the problem. I think Jamie was a little more independent than chloe liked and so chloe got pissed about it. She didn't respect that jamie just had a life outside of her.... she took it as jamie not being a good friend. It's speculation... but I truly think thats what happened with everything I have heard and putting things together. Chloe doesnt understand boundaries AT all in my opinion.

Bleeeeeeeep
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bleeeeeeeep »

jackietea wrote:
HYUNAgg wrote:

This a super biphobic thing to say

Return to “BookTube”