lamenames
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anncy Twinkle: Part 2

Post by lamenames »

void40525 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:12 pm
anyone see her new vlog? it was nice to see her w her dubai friends again tbh. her la content sucks ass

Yea I dont like her la content either

Aphrodite_03
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Aphrodite_03 »

did anybody watch lailli's new vid with anncy? its hilarious how she refers to her accent as a 'dubai accent'... like pls ur accent is literally a bad attempt of a valley girl accent, own up to it. the actual dubai accent sounds EXTREMELY middle eastern with a verrrrrrrrry small amount of american in it. plus the dubai accent is not common in uae, only arab and irani girls(basically middle easterns) who go to international schools speak that way. expats in uae usually always speak english in their own native language's accent and anncy was one of them. this girl has some issues she needs to sort out with herself and i hope she eventually does

Reckless
Learner
Learner

Post by Reckless »

Anncy’s accent is so fake. Like she tries too hard
Don’t fuck with me :FU:

jennaaldo
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by jennaaldo »

Ok but WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HER LIPS?! WHAT IS SHE DOING DOES SHE NOT OWN A MIRROR?!

void40525
Lurker
Lurker

Post by void40525 »

jennaaldo wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:46 am
Ok but WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HER LIPS?! WHAT IS SHE DOING DOES SHE NOT OWN A MIRROR?!
apparently her top lip blew up after she got a shitty lip tint treatment or smth? the fact that she keeps going and getting botched despite not needing to get anything done is concerning

Wreath Bins
Learner
Learner

Post by Wreath Bins »

I don't usually share stuff about me to make a point.... But, I watched Anncy Twinkle back when she was trying to be a "real youtuber" and get her fame that way, it started out promising, like a "bRoWn GiRl" Emma Chamberlain. I used to think she actually means her confidence. Fast forward, 4 years later. I live and work in California, I am of Arab heritage, and I met the greatest, kindest, most handsome South Indian man. I have been with him for the past 2 years and could not be happier. I saw her YouTube recently after a break, and the content shocked me. The Omegle videos in particular, showed me that she never really meant her stuff about not caring what people think, and her constant mentioning of "brown/ugly" were not really in jest or to make light of a topic - which was not clear to me years ago; it's due to a deep seated self-hatred. My boyfriend never mentions people in that light, and when I played Anncy Twinkle, he usually either says something positive or does not say anything about any YouTuber I watch, regardless of ethnicity.
I was sitting there thinking to myself "Wow, why is she trying so hard?" when he was passing by and said "Hm, that girl seems South Indian", I said "Yeah, I think so, she's pretty funny" as she made a comment about her dark skin or something and he was horrified that a person like that can be famous on YT. When I pressed him on what he dislikes about her in particular (AND NOT ANY OTHER YOUTUBER I WATCH), he said: "Because she tries hard to be Arab with her looks and has an inferiority complex. She wants to look like you, and she doesn't want to be as nice as you, and she think it's men rejecting her skin or whatever when they literally could not care less, and it's a common cringe trope".

I must admit I am shocked that I never noticed that, and I actually spent a portion of my life in the UAE so that might be why. I wonder what made it so hard for me to tell that she is actually racist and probably, knowing this now, pretends to be asexual for attention. It's impossible to know what sex appeal is when you are asexual, and she constantly dresses in ways that are unfashionable purely for sex appeal so it is confusing. Perhaps the more convincing theory is that she is just not interested in the men her parents want for her. Her Omegle comments at Indian men are so disgusting.

Wreath Bins
Learner
Learner

Post by Wreath Bins »

Irada_3112 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:55 am
Placey_placey11 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:53 pm

I have stopped watching her long back. But this video was just so disrespectful. Someone on reddit said that she has blacklisted the words " Indian" and "Tamil Nadu". This woman is suffering from inferiority complex and it's just going to get worst, now that she's living in LA. Also her talking about fashion sense of Indians in India as if she didn't wear those low waist jeans in one of her fashion Nova hauls. Like gurl wth?!

Lol what the hell. She can try to hide it/ignore it all she wants but she’s mf South Indian, end of story. I’m 100% sure she wishes she looked like her friend labiba but she doesn’t show it much on the outside bc it would break her “bad bitch” persona. Dark skinned South Indian girls who get told they could pass for being someone from a more northern region of India/a whole other country all together all have such big fucking heads. Because of the inferiority complex, like you said. She’s probably been feeling all gassed about looking “ethnically ambiguous” (as someone who’s also Indian I don’t think she looks ethnically ambiguous but she plays up her hair and makeup on purpose to go for that kind of look when all dolled up) ever since she did a q&a a looooong time ago where she clarified she’s Indian bc she said she kept getting guesses like Pakistani, Persian, black, etc.

And what that person in the comment said about anncy promoting misogyny with her dumbass reply was 100% right. Half of her comebacks are problematic but she hasn’t been cancelled for any of them so she just keeps doing it.

Someone commented on one of her IG photos after she moved to CA that she should stop contributing to a capitalist system and promoting consumerism during a time when a lot of ppl are struggling with money right now (this part I can get more on board with compared to the capitalist system part) and she replied back to them to shut the fuck up. Like girl just delete the comment and block the person or ignore them all together or you could have just been like “it’s my money I’ll spend it how I want”. They didn’t even say anything wrong though. Her IG posts ever since moving to california REEK of someone that’s new money, and not in a good way
Just read your comment after I made mine. Wow, so it's not just me picking up on this!!!!

Wreath Bins
Learner
Learner

Post by Wreath Bins »

Irada_3112 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:14 pm
Placey_placey11 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:40 am

I know right! When I came across her videos 3 years back I knew she was an Indian. She does not look ethnically ambiguous. She wears lenses, dyes her hair and applies makeup in a way that would make her look mixed or something. Also, this woman had an Indian accent few years back and now she has a wannabe American accent after visiting USA twice. Lol. I'm an Indian too and it hurts to see a fellow Indian being so self hating.

Yeah I can see how some people would think she’s mixed or Sudanese or something when she has her makeup done a certain way and lighter hair. But her accent sounded Indian af during the early stages of her YouTube channel. So that gave it away as someone who can detect an Indian accent pretty easily. And she looks more South Indian in her natural state.
Nailed it. Sudanese is the only nationality I would give her if she told me she is Arab. I am Arab and I lived in many Arab countries and currently live in the US where I meet other Arabs who don't have an accent, so I know exactly who doesn't look Arab. Arabs never look like other nationalities, unless they are from a different origin than the one she tries to emulate. I have fair skin, delicate features, long nose, and a hair that is not too black, but no one mistakes me for Italian, or Greek, or some other European nonsense. Brazilians look like Arabs because of significant number of families who immigrated to South and Central America: https://www.state.gov/dipnote-u-s-depar ... sentation/
So, I do get, "you look Brazilian", or "you look Portuguese", but that's because immigration happened 600 years ago and I would not blame them for not saying "Portuguese and Brazilians normally look like Arabs".

When did Indians come to Arabia? Why is she trying to look like she comes from a place where she is considered a different class? I do not get it.

void40525
Lurker
Lurker

Post by void40525 »

Wreath Bins wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:13 am
Irada_3112 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:14 pm

Yeah I can see how some people would think she’s mixed or Sudanese or something when she has her makeup done a certain way and lighter hair. But her accent sounded Indian af during the early stages of her YouTube channel. So that gave it away as someone who can detect an Indian accent pretty easily. And she looks more South Indian in her natural state.
Nailed it. Sudanese is the only nationality I would give her if she told me she is Arab. I am Arab and I lived in many Arab countries and currently live in the US where I meet other Arabs who don't have an accent, so I know exactly who doesn't look Arab. Arabs never look like other nationalities, unless they are from a different origin than the one she tries to emulate. I have fair skin, delicate features, long nose, and a hair that is not too black, but no one mistakes me for Italian, or Greek, or some other European nonsense. Brazilians look like Arabs because of significant number of families who immigrated to South and Central America: https://www.state.gov/dipnote-u-s-depar ... sentation/
So, I do get, "you look Brazilian", or "you look Portuguese", but that's because immigration happened 600 years ago and I would not blame them for not saying "Portuguese and Brazilians normally look like Arabs".

When did Indians come to Arabia? Why is she trying to look like she comes from a place where she is considered a different class? I do not get it.
i agree that she's insecure, but i'm sensing some sort of superiority complex/condescension in your tone lol. you could have made your point without bringing up your own eurocentric/"exotic" features. and your s/o dismissing colorism as a "common cringe trope" is really fucking hurtful, because colorism is very real and there are in fact men that view women as lesser than/ugly for their dark skin. are you not familiar with arranged marriage culture in india, where the most common request for prospective brides is that that they be light skinned? i'm honestly shocked that that was his takeaway considering he's south indian himself.

anncy struggles with the insecurity she does because she has literally faced colorism and prejudice growing up, usually from her own community, and you have no idea the kind of toll that can take on someone's self-esteem. i don't agree with the implication that all her confidence is fake because news flash, it IS possible for dark-skinned girls to love themselves lol. and the truth is she can strive to look as exotic as she wants, tons of people wear colored contacts for aesthetic reasons and it's not because they hate themselves or their ethnicity. the issue arises when she actively tries to distance herself from her culture, openly shits on other indians and promotes that kind of behavior with her videos, trying to write it off as a joke when it really stems from her internalized racism.

xsparklex
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xsparklex »

Bruh I just had to find a place to get this out: what is UP with her accent!?😩 I enjoy her content and sense of humor - or well I did when she was in Dubai and more of a smalltimer but her newer videos are bordering on unwatchable to me due to that put-on annoying ass accent she's doing. I might just be childish but my brain legit begins to trigger a migraine trying to decipher what she is saying because I never heard such an odd accent before.

I'm just assuming since she is coming to L.A. and looking to make it in the "American market", maybe she's had accent coaching or something to try and be more Americanized in speech? There was no need for her to do this because she sounded perfectly intelligible to me as an American viewer when she began with her natural Indian accent. Now its like Inventing Anna's accent but Indian edition. Is this a common thing for YouTubers to do- just put on a completely fake accent for the market they are looking to break into? 🤨

Ok I just read over the last few replies and I'm not really one to overanalyze someone's fashion and such, especially considering she's not a beauty/style guru but yeah even her dressing and everything screams "confused". She's dressing like the white girls you see on American TV shows (guess that's the accent she's emulating too) and lets just ignore the tacky permanently-in contact lenses. She really just needs to get therapy and have some self-acceptance and love-her views were wayyyy higher when she was authentic. They've been horrible since she came to America because a) that accent makes people's head's spin and b) she is trying way too hard and viewers on youtube pick that up quick because we are used to real personalities and people. I'm still rooting for her but I just had to get my gripe with this accent out because oh, my, God, it is one of the worst I ever heard.

xsparklex
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xsparklex »

void40525 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:25 pm
Placey_placey11 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:53 pm

I have stopped watching her long back. But this video was just so disrespectful. Someone on reddit said that she has blacklisted the words " Indian" and "Tamil Nadu". This woman is suffering from inferiority complex and it's just going to get worst, now that she's living in LA. Also her talking about fashion sense of Indians in India as if she didn't wear those low waist jeans in one of her fashion Nova hauls. Like gurl wth?!
totally agree. judging by her new tiktoks i think she and her new bestie kavya bring out the worst in each other
TBH it seems to me that Kavya only puts up with her for the clout/someone to have to attend events with. I haven't seen her channel so IDK what her following is but whatever the case, she does not seem to genuinely like Anncy. She looks visibly annoyed when Anncy does her trying-too-hard-to-be-funny antics for the camera and I don't blame her. The video where Anncy went with the guy to Aspen was sooo cringe. She was being hella rude which ok you claim to be joking but the thing is - it is just not funny!? If it was funny I think he would be laughing along but no it was just her screaming at the top of her lungs and laughing hysterically at herself. It was just embarrassing and they were walking around a public area where she was loudly making these jokes too like purposely to show IDGAF, its like dude please just calm down. Reminds me of a phase I had in high school where I just very badly wanted attention and had no self-awareness, now I look back and realize I was making a complete fool of myself and cringe.

void40525
Lurker
Lurker

Post by void40525 »

xsparklex wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:11 am
void40525 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:25 pm

totally agree. judging by her new tiktoks i think she and her new bestie kavya bring out the worst in each other
TBH it seems to me that Kavya only puts up with her for the clout/someone to have to attend events with. I haven't seen her channel so IDK what her following is but whatever the case, she does not seem to genuinely like Anncy. She looks visibly annoyed when Anncy does her trying-too-hard-to-be-funny antics for the camera and I don't blame her. The video where Anncy went with the guy to Aspen was sooo cringe. She was being hella rude which ok you claim to be joking but the thing is - it is just not funny!? If it was funny I think he would be laughing along but no it was just her screaming at the top of her lungs and laughing hysterically at herself. It was just embarrassing and they were walking around a public area where she was loudly making these jokes too like purposely to show IDGAF, its like dude please just calm down. Reminds me of a phase I had in high school where I just very badly wanted attention and had no self-awareness, now I look back and realize I was making a complete fool of myself and cringe.
yea kavya has like 10k subs so i wouldn't be surprised if she only hung out w anncy for clout lol. at the same time i don't rly think she's trying to become a full time yter since modeling seems to be her main thing. and god the aspen video was horrible, i wonder how that dude even put up with anncy considering she was just berating him for no reason the entire time. she wasn't exactly tolerable before but since moving to la she's just become insufferable lol

xsparklex
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xsparklex »

void40525 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:23 pm
xsparklex wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:11 am

yea kavya has like 10k subs so i wouldn't be surprised if she only hung out w anncy for clout lol. at the same time i don't rly think she's trying to become a full time yter since modeling seems to be her main thing. and god the aspen video was horrible, i wonder how that dude even put up with anncy considering she was just berating him for no reason the entire time. she wasn't exactly tolerable before but since moving to la she's just become insufferable lol
And funniest thing - I just watched her Coachella video and she went on this rant about how influencers are so insufferable, loud and superficial :rofl: like GURL. No self-awareness at all. The one girl who she goes to events with often (Lisette I think but her channel is LuhSetty) seemed to have ditched her at the end of the night after putting up with her screaming and extra behavior all day.

Overall Anncy just needs to tone it WAY down and stop trying to hard, she's beginning to seem cartoonish. She is a naturally funny person but the desperation is just too much and offputting. Also please stop that accent- she does this unintelligible accent and then talks at lightning speed with it like girl we cannot understand you. I think she will grow out of this phase though- maybe just needs some life experience to mature mentally.

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irada_3112 »

void40525 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:13 pm
Wreath Bins wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:13 am

i agree that she's insecure, but i'm sensing some sort of superiority complex/condescension in your tone lol. you could have made your point without bringing up your own eurocentric/"exotic" features. and your s/o dismissing colorism as a "common cringe trope" is really fucking hurtful, because colorism is very real and there are in fact men that view women as lesser than/ugly for their dark skin. are you not familiar with arranged marriage culture in india, where the most common request for prospective brides is that that they be light skinned? i'm honestly shocked that that was his takeaway considering he's south indian himself.

anncy struggles with the insecurity she does because she has literally faced colorism and prejudice growing up, usually from her own community, and you have no idea the kind of toll that can take on someone's self-esteem. i don't agree with the implication that all her confidence is fake because news flash, it IS possible for dark-skinned girls to love themselves lol. and the truth is she can strive to look as exotic as she wants, tons of people wear colored contacts for aesthetic reasons and it's not because they hate themselves or their ethnicity. the issue arises when she actively tries to distance herself from her culture, openly shits on other indians and promotes that kind of behavior with her videos, trying to write it off as a joke when it really stems from her internalized racism.

Im guessing you were referencing me when you mentioned that was my takeaway being a fellow South Indian. I completely understand where her insecurity stems from, I’ve had to deal with the same colorist shit growing up and still do and im in my mid 20’s. That wasn’t my only takeaway. Like you said, the problem is that she actively tries to distance herself from her culture/align herself more with North Indian culture and openly shits on other Indians. And she’s rich now she can afford therapy to really get to the root of her internalized racism issues

void40525
Lurker
Lurker

Post by void40525 »

Irada_3112 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:30 am
void40525 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:13 pm

Im guessing you were referencing me when you mentioned that was my takeaway being a fellow South Indian. I completely understand where her insecurity stems from, I’ve had to deal with the same colorist shit growing up and still do and im in my mid 20’s. That wasn’t my only takeaway. Like you said, the problem is that she actively tries to distance herself from her culture/align herself more with North Indian culture and openly shits on other Indians. And she’s rich now she can afford therapy to really get to the root of her internalized racism issues
sorry for the confusion, i was actually referencing Wreath Bin's south indian s/o downplaying the effects of colorism at play in anncy's behavior. i'm sorry to hear about your experience as well, i can definitely relate being south indian myself. and yeah, i do hope anncy gets the therapy she needs someday lol

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irada_3112 »

void40525 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:28 pm
Irada_3112 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:30 am

sorry for the confusion, i was actually referencing Wreath Bin's south indian s/o downplaying the effects of colorism at play in anncy's behavior. i'm sorry to hear about your experience as well, i can definitely relate being south indian myself. and yeah, i do hope anncy gets the therapy she needs someday lol

Oh my bad, I didn’t pick up on Wreath Bin having a South Indian significant other. Was it mentioned in an older comment and I missed it? Yeah, that’s super confusing if her/his partner denied the effects of colorism. Unless they’re one of those Indians that’s super nationalistic so they downplay every flawed thing about the culture to make it more palatable for non Indian people.

If anncy can afford to live out in LA and get herself a brand new Tesla, she can damn well afford therapy. But she won’t bc then she’ll lose her whole iM sUcH a FuNnY iNdIaN gIrL (in her mind) sHiTtInG oN mY oWn PeOpLe schtick

Flutterheart
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Flutterheart »

What is with her obsession with ASH BLONDE hair?!?! It makes her look washed out and older... Those contacts and hair color are not fooling anyone! As soon as I saw her I thought "Yep, she's got to be from India." I just started following her but she's giving off self hatred vibes. Like why is she always dissing her culture and the people? She acts like she's so high class but she looks like a lot lizard and acts like most annoying Youtubers with money. Anncy, keep spending money like that to stunt and see where you end up.

void40525
Lurker
Lurker

Post by void40525 »

i can't believe she spends all that money to look like THAT??? the lips and the new hair... she cannot be serious. she wants to look white/white passing so badly lmfao.

void40525
Lurker
Lurker

Post by void40525 »

"glowup"... who's gonna tell her lol. she looked so nice with her natural black hair.

Reckless
Learner
Learner

Post by Reckless »

Did you guys see the new video about YASMIN?????? HAHAHHA
Don’t fuck with me :FU:

Return to “#-E”