Pasta Grammar

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Pasta Grammar

Post by IHateCilantro »

I had to return to Guru Gossip because this YouTuber is pissing me off.

Pasta Grammar is a couple living in the USA, but the guy, Harper, is American and was a healthfood nut. His wife Eva is Italian.

Their entire Channel is Eva bashing all American Food.

Look, I get it. SOME American food is really gross and excessive (Pickled Sausages and Eggs anyone?) but to bash most American food is insulting.

If Eva and Harper find this post I have this to say:

Eva? If it wasnt for America and Americans, ITALY wouldnt have Tomatoes, Peppers, Chilis, Potatoes, Eggplant and Corn!
So what FOOD would Italy have?
No pizza, no pasta sauce, No Italian potato dishes, No Eggplant Parm, No Red Pepperoncini, No spicy sauces, and NO POLENTA!

If you hate our food, take Harper and go back to Italy.

padelica
Learner
Learner

Re: Pasta Grammar

Post by padelica »

Those two are so annoying that it was just a matter of time until they appeared here.
Her accent is so thick that I can hardly understand her, and he has this smug expression all the time. Also, how thin are they? And they live on pasta!
ON THE OTHER HAND, their recipes are excellent, only good luck finding all the ingredients.

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

padelica wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:17 am
Those two are so annoying that it was just a matter of time until they appeared here.
Her accent is so thick that I can hardly understand her, and he has this smug expression all the time. Also, how thin are they? And they live on pasta!
ON THE OTHER HAND, their recipes are excellent, only good luck finding all the ingredients.
I think shes a chain smoker and thats why shes dried up and wrinkly. Harper needs to grow balls

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

This really annoys me.

So you dont use real cream in Italy, but you will use a UHT box of emulsified milk and oil?
That brand has milk, oil and carrageenan! WTF! How is that healthier than whole cream?

:::::::.Shrug::::::
I guess this is their jam/gimmick

padelica
Learner
Learner

Post by padelica »

It is true that "heavy cream" is not easy to find, I had to look it up when I wanted to make ganache. According to Wikipedia, heavy cream has at least 36% milk fat, which is extremely rare in our shops. (I live in Europe too.)
I added it to some pasta once, it was very heavy and not tasty at all.
We use cream (or sour cream) with about 10 or 12 per cent fat in our everyday cooking.

Panna de cucina is a kind of vegetable fat mixed with cream and it really has much lighter
taste.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I stumbled across them a few months ago and binge watched all their videos. Eva seems a lot older than Harper but I couldn't find their ages anywhere.

Return to “P-T”