Getting Flowers At Work

VirgoHoneyBunny
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Getting Flowers At Work

Post by VirgoHoneyBunny »

So I got a new job as an intern at an animal shelter. I've been there for about two weeks now. So today was an interesting day. Last week one of my coworkers, an older Hispanic guy (let's call him Don), asked me if I spoke Spanish (I'm Hispanic and bilingual myself). He immigrated from central America, and since I am the only other Hispanic employee there, he said that he feels more comfortable. He asked me if I was married since he said he found me attractive.I told him that since I'm 23 and just recently graduated, my priorities aren't on marriage. We talked for a while and he revealed that he is 44 years old, divorced, and has a 10 year old kid. So today, I received a phone call from the owner of the place and she tells me that Don apparently left a bouquet of flowers at the desk where I work. This was while I was having my lunch break, so I was totally unaware of this. All I knew was that Don mentioned these flowers earlier but I had no idea what he was talking about. She then asked me if I was ok with it (tbh I was speechless) and I told her that if it's a gesture of kindness, it's ok. So I find out that another coworker,about 60+, (let's call her Sharon) apparently took those flowers away from my desk. Don comes in and tells me that he got pissed off when Sharon took those flowers away and tries to set his intentions straight with me (that he doesn't want to date or hook up or anything like that and I told him the same, only that I prefer guys around my age without kids). He tells me that he got them because he found me attractive and wanted to make me feel welcome. Later, he went out to run errands and he came back with a lottery ticket that he said he got for me. When he came back, he pretty much went on about how he was still pissed off that Sharon took the flowers away. Thoughts?

lovethedrama
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Re: Getting Flowers At Work

Post by lovethedrama »

I feel if you don't want anything with him, decline the gifts. Some men think you accepting gifts is you letting them in and then get mad when you remind them youre not interested

Return to “Work”