Je suis Lou

myken
Wanderer
Wanderer

Je suis Lou

Post by myken »

What do you think about her? Her channel keeps growing fast now, especially since getting her first Birkin. I think Lou is sweet, but it's strange how a college girl can afford so many designer handbags, like Chanel. She also has Cartier pieces. When I was in college, I didn't have that kind of money, even with a part time job. Her boyfriend doesn't care about luxury, so I guess she uses his money as well as her own.

cocolovesdrama
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Je suis Lou

Post by cocolovesdrama »

Personally I think she either has rich friends that let her borrow the stuff to unbox, film and pose for pics that she later uploads. That or she buys super fakes, her parents are in politics, politicians steal a lot of money or her family is tied to the narcos.

It looks like she lives a pretty comfy upper middle class life that could be funded or staged by one of the previous theories I came up with. I was born and raised in Mexico (where she is from and where she currently lives) and let me tell you.... not even the super rich display their wealth like that. It makes you a target! Unless of course you are with the Narcos or are with the politicians, then you are protected because well, that is how things work here.

Her feed and overall all of her online persona is HEAVILY curated. As someone that actually works with influencers (mainly people from Instagram) I can tell you that MOST OF IT is staged, very fake. So I really, REALLY think that she actually buys some auth, some super fakes or rents or borrow stuff to make her collection look bigger, like it is always grown and like she is on trend.

I would not doubt her collection as she constantly sells stuff, BUT the fact that she sells one bag and buys like 3 or 4, esp since she started doing cartier, a birkin and kelly.... VERY SUS.

I am not saying she is not likable or fake as a person, just her content... I actually do enjoy her channel. I find it funny and educational at times just... not very relatable, and that "I am not rich" statement or disclaimer on most of her videos...is clearly downplayed or thrown in to keep being relatable, but girl the life portrayed on your YT channel is NOT relatable.

My theory is fake it till you make it. She might be comfy and own some auth bags, but all of them? IDK. The Hermes and Cartier esp in such a short timeframe.... kinda called her out.

myken
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by myken »

She rents an apartment/small house (don't remember) with her boyfriend, and that place didn't look that luxe, so I am surprised by the amount of luxury she has. For me it's weird to think that someone would buy a fake, because I only own authentic myself, the few luxury bags I have, but it could be like that I guess. With only a part time job outside of college and bills to pay, food to eat etc, I find it hard to believe that she has so much money that she can buy all that stuff and with such a small time frame. Youtube pays off, yes, but not THAT much. And a couple of days ago on Instagram she put up a picture of a Chanel box and an Hermes box and wrote that there would be new unboxings soon.. Something is suss, that's for sure.

GabryG1994-
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by GabryG1994- »

I was looking for a thread like this. I am mexican myself and let me tell you : No matter how successful you are, there is no way you can afford all of that as a recent graduate in Mexico. An example is my father : He is general director for Latam and makes around 10K a month (He has worked his entire life). A recent graduate in México (Specially Mexico city where salaries are lower than in the north) would make around 500-600 euro a month in average. Lets say you have connections and got a nice position earlier than usual. You can maybe get 1500 euro max. Mexico salaries are extremely low and it is simply not realistic.
I also notice she gets defensive when the question comes up which is also suspicious. Take for example Sophie Shohet, she is very honest about what she does for a living and how she affords things. In my opinion if you get defensive about a topic there is something behind...
lou seems like a sweet girl and she has great taste. It is a shame that she portrays something so unrealistic. If i would be 24 and would look at her and believe she actually can afford all that by herself I would just set up unrealistic expectations... she could use some actual honesty I think there is nothing wrong with saying “Yep, my parents are loaded and I am blessed” (She is definitely old money. No matter how hard she tried to seem like she built all that on her own.) Once again. Nothing wrong with that but if you want the followers, keep it real...I personally stopped following her because I dont like people lying to their audience.

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

I used to watch her but I can't trust her. So whenever she buys a bag, which is almost every month SHE PRAISES that bag. I bought my first Chanel bag bc of her. What did she do: She sold the bag a couple of months after saying how amazing and great it is.. I do love my bag, but I feel like she buys things to create content and then put it up for Sale.
But I don't really agree, I don't find her sweet or cute. I think she knows exactly what she is doing and she just doesn't care. As mentioned in another comment here, she gets very defensive about a lot of topics which makes her unlikable.
also she comes across very insecure.
:love2: :ele: :love2:

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

Oh yeah and in a past Q&A she said she wants a Deauville. Last year one was up on her instagram selling account. So someone needs to explain this to me.
Also don't think she comes from a rich background. Didn't she say once that her family does not support her consume of luxury items. I have many super rich Mexican friends and when they go out and get a Chanel bag their families don't care bc for them it's 'just' a couple of K's. I know every family is different, but she can't be as rich as she seems buying all this stuff. Compared to my Spanish and Mexican rich friends she's not even close and they are old money.
Sometimes she looks at the bags as if the cure to cancer or something. I would say maybe middle working classish.

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

Super Dacob just posted a Video about her. And she was to find in the comments a few minutes later. Has anyone seen his Video? I think he was rough on her, but he makes alot of sense too. It's what we have been talking about. Also a comment stood out to me:

someone commented this: 'She did a video in the last two weeks that discusses her age, her income, how she allocates her income. She has earned everything on her own and she has a high paying job and she's going to college. She sold many bags to refine her collection. She's a very impressive young woman. '

I can't help but wonder if she has seen the Video? Lou ob said she got money from her dad. How can people believe the BS she says.

alexachungslegs
Learner
Learner

Post by alexachungslegs »

I have seen this video and I think Dacob made a lot of fair points! Lou is so spoilt and out of touch with reality. "I need a Chanel tote to carry around my Birkin"- yeah, sure girl. You do you but don t pretend to be this relatable early 20yo who just wooooorks a lot y'all. She also travels a lot, has sailing as a hobby (suuuuper expensive) etc. I can t believe how many people defend her in the SD comment section- grown-up women lol. They all buy her "hard working" BS . If I saw her walking around with her Birkin, kelly or even a Chanel flap, I would just assume it was fake bc she is so young (and looks even younger). So tired of her lies and overly curated "sweet girl" persona.

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

alexachungslegs wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:31 pm
I have seen this video and I think Dacob made a lot of fair points! Lou is so spoilt and out of touch with reality. "I need a Chanel tote to carry around my Birkin"- yeah, sure girl. You do you but don t pretend to be this relatable early 20yo who just wooooorks a lot y'all. She also travels a lot, has sailing as a hobby (suuuuper expensive) etc. I can t believe how many people defend her in the SD comment section- grown-up women lol. They all buy her "hard working" BS . If I saw her walking around with her Birkin, kelly or even a Chanel flap, I would just assume it was fake bc she is so young (and looks even younger). So tired of her lies and overly curated "sweet girl" persona.
You're totally right. After I saw her Q&A, after she 'logged of social media ' that day. I was wondering. Girl are you 12. Can't she take any critic ? She reacted way to childish. Nobody cares if you log of for the 3 hours left of the day. The Q&A was so pathetic, she was trying so hard to prove everyone wrong. To proof that she ain't what we all are thinking of her. Honestly SM is not for her, she can't deal with hate.

I remember when she got a few rude DM and she screenshoted it and posted it commenting on it. GIRL, you are on SM bc you want to and people have the right ti critic your BS if you can't take it, don't try being a public person. I get so annoyed by this snowflake behaviour. Looks like her face 15 years old. Not even my 14 years old sis would react like that.
just childish, aaaaaaaaaaaall the way. She couldn't have make it worse bc now we know we are to damn right about her BS.

alexachungslegs
Learner
Learner

Just saw her announcing that she now wants to add another birkin to her collection on her Instagram stories... so I didn t even know she took a social media break (of 3 hours hahahhaha) after some fair, critical points were made. That is pathetic. I am sure she can dry her tears with yet another brand new classic flapp. A white one lol- it ll be fun to watch that one turn slowly yellowish due to the humid climate she lives in.
It really baffles me how so many people believe her BS about how she finances her lifestyle- and she is also so secretive about her "job" other than working for a mysterious US company. :tu:

Strawberrytrifle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Strawberrytrifle »

Has she ever explained what her normal 9-5 job is? All I can hear is just “I save and I got money from YouTube.”

Unless she is an investment banker, a senior lawyer/doctor, or works for giant IT corporations, I struggle to understand how you can a buy so many Chanel and a birkin and a Kelly just by SAVING and in a such short period of time.

It just doesn’t add up.

pj_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by pj_uk »

Strawberrytrifle wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:04 pm
Has she ever explained what her normal 9-5 job is? All I can hear is just “I save and I got money from YouTube.”

Unless she is an investment banker, a senior lawyer/doctor, or works for giant IT corporations, I struggle to understand how you can a buy so many Chanel and a birkin and a Kelly just by SAVING and in a such short period of time.

It just doesn’t add up.
No she is vague about it (for privacy reasons of course) not as shady as Maria draganova though lol
Yes agree it doesn’t add up. I used to like her and she seems sweet but you the more I watch I can tell she is just looking for sympathy from her audience. I mean who posts screen shots of criticism unless you want your audience to write back and say oh we love you Lou don’t mind the haters. I’m a bit over Super Dacob too. I like his Chanel knowledge and will watch those but I find anyone that disagrees with his opinion he is very condescending in the comments section. All these reactionary video I found interesting at first but see that it just fuels hate and judgement. I also did not like that he mentioned purseforum and guru gossip that we are just basically brainless and stupid. I mean why are you reading them then? Anyway back to Lou, if she could get a birkin tomorrow I bet she would but she would not reveal right away. Look at her latest Chanel unboxing is delayed that too in fear of judgement. She self depreciates herself to fish for compliments which I don’t like either. She sells so many of her bags as well, understandably taste change but to sell that many on only a year? Hmmmmm

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

pj_uk wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:54 pm
Strawberrytrifle wrote:

It just doesn’t add up.
No she is vague about it (for privacy reasons of course) not as shady as Maria draganova though lol
Yes agree it doesn’t add up. I used to like her and she seems sweet but you the more I watch I can tell she is just looking for sympathy from her audience. I mean who posts screen shots of criticism unless you want your audience to write back and say oh we love you Lou don’t mind the haters. I’m a bit over Super Dacob too. I like his Chanel knowledge and will watch those but I find anyone that disagrees with his opinion he is very condescending in the comments section. All these reactionary video I found interesting at first but see that it just fuels hate and judgement. I also did not like that he mentioned purseforum and guru gossip that we are just basically brainless and stupid. I mean why are you reading them then? Anyway back to Lou, if she could get a birkin tomorrow I bet she would but she would not reveal right away. Look at her latest Chanel unboxing is delayed that too in fear of judgement. She self depreciates herself to fish for compliments which I don’t like either. She sells so many of her bags as well, understandably taste change but to sell that many on only a year? Hmmmmm
whats the point with Maria Draganova. In my opinion they are close and lou is even worse. She can be secretive about her real jOb I get that kind of privacy thing. BUT HUN, don't go make it look that these bags are pocketchange money. thats my issue with this lady. She could be flipping burgers or working as a Hedge Fund manager. I would't care less. I bet she does some sort of shady stuff. Just bc she looks sweet and 14 doesn't mean she is innocent and 14.

However I freaking agree with her fishing for compliments and using her audience to boost her self-esteem. Its obvious that this young Landy has issues. I mean her dad was a alcoholic and both parents were shitty. So what you expect. But some people just hide it well. She no. She wants attention, sympathy, love etc. She needs realy good help. This is freaking unhealthy IMO. I bet thats how she wins over people by crying about shit.
I also remember her crying all the time about how school, youtube etc is to much. GIRL you put that on yourself be and adult and deal with it or quit. Thats when i started hating her. How can you be so bipolar. one moment: omg I love youtube lalala, next moment omg its too much I have so much work I have been working on my videos for hours miimiiimimimimin

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

alexachungslegs wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:58 pm
Just saw her announcing that she now wants to add another birkin to her collection on her Instagram stories... so I didn t even know she took a social media break (of 3 hours hahahhaha) after some fair, critical points were made. That is pathetic. I am sure she can dry her tears with yet another brand new classic flapp. A white one lol- it ll be fun to watch that one turn slowly yellowish due to the humid climate she lives in.
It really baffles me how so many people believe her BS about how she finances her lifestyle- and she is also so secretive about her "job" other than working for a mysterious US company. :tu:

it does not matter if that bag turns yellow. ALl her hard work in her internship, Youtube and selling bags will easily give her a couple of K's per month so she will be able to easily buy a new bag. Its no big deal, no big money, just have multiple incomes, give sailing classes, make a couple videos, sell bags and work super hard. It will be just fine :respekt:

Strawberrytrifle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Strawberrytrifle »

pj_uk wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:54 pm
Strawberrytrifle wrote:

It just doesn’t add up.
I don’t watch those who constantly buy and sell anymore. I just can’t trust their opinion. They say they love it to bits during unboxing and then sell it in less than half a year. It is fine if happens once or twice because people can change their opinions or bags aren’t as practice as expected. But if it starts becoming a pattern then their “loving it to bits” means nothing to me..why pretend?

For me, I don’t follow Lou because it seems that she is selling this “work hard and save hard like me then you can afford this $10K+ bag” image..She mentioned she is very cautious about Finance stability due to her past experiences right? Here comes the question. How much income do you need to earn and how hard do you need to work, as a college student, to buy Chanel/birkin frequently AND feel financially comfortable AND pay for college fee AND pay for living expenses...? I don’t know any graduate (not to mention she is still in college) who even works in top tier investment bank will buy Chanel and Hermes in this speed without other support (from family or whoever).

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

I found something sweet recently. So do we believe she is old money or don't we? bc I found a gofoundme page open by her or her mum. Asking for 7k for her sailing boat. it only reached 2k. but its super old. I think 2017 or 2019. I don't remeber. So if she is really old money and comes from a wealthy family ? why open a gofound me ? if they are rich and old money, they are big opportunist. It would fit her pattern of ' imimimimimimi' begging for money for a sailing boat?! however I don't know any rich person that would do that.

TO ME: she is nor rich nor old money.
and if she truly is she is kind of a scammer begging for money from people while not needing it.

GabryG1994-
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by GabryG1994- »

Exactly ladies. I agree with everything mentioned.
And like mentioned before. There is no way you can afford this in México unless you are 1) From the cartels 2) From money.
I am a local and I know what both profiles look like. I am convinced her family comes from money. The issue is not that. Look at Gabi de Martino, at least she admits it but Lou has no integrity at all and calls anyone who does the math “haters”. No hun. But if you want the audience you need to face that anyone who can really do the math can smell the BS right away.
I wont comment with insecurity because i guess we all have our insecurities. To me the issue with her is how hypocritical she is

cestpain
Learner
Learner

Post by cestpain »

doesn't she always say how she saves up money not going to the hairdresser and not doing her nails. For a while she is posting a fresh many. I really don't understand. Does she think we are dumb or is she dumb?

You guys should watch Sophies Video ' "You can't afford designer stuff with a 9-5 job" | Chat & Storytime' its really good. I wish lou was this honest.

alexachungslegs
Learner
Learner

Yes, I like that some YTs like Sophie have at least some respect for their audience and don't treat us like we are cognitively impaired. I absolutely believe Lou's sweet persona is just fake. Funny how many people just fall for her BS and cute kid persona. I would not be surprised if she was involved in some really shady stuff or if half her bags are super fakes - or a bit of both. As someone mentioned- not even an investment baker would be able to buy at such a rate, pay for college, extensive amount of traveling etc.. It s not even just bags but she also has all the boring basic af "Luxe Youtuber Starter kit Cartier and Co" all over her hands and arms. She is just so freaking dishonest and has no respect for her subscribers. I am sure it ll bite our lil senstive flower in the bottom at some point and her YT days are count.

GabryG1994-
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by GabryG1994- »

alexachungslegs wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:07 pm
Yes, I like that some YTs like Sophie have at least some respect for their audience and don't treat us like we are cognitively impaired. I absolutely believe Lou's sweet persona is just fake. Funny how many people just fall for her BS and cute kid persona. I would not be surprised if she was involved in some really shady stuff or if half her bags are super fakes - or a bit of both. As someone mentioned- not even an investment baker would be able to buy at such a rate, pay for college, extensive amount of traveling etc.. It s not even just bags but she also has all the boring basic af "Luxe Youtuber Starter kit Cartier and Co" all over her hands and arms. She is just so freaking dishonest and has no respect for her subscribers. I am sure it ll bite our lil senstive flower in the bottom at some point and her YT days are count.
I was just watching Sophie’s video and came here to see if someone had posted about it. The part where she mentions how 20 year old influencers manage to afford all that rang a bell to me xD
I never thought about fake bags though... interesting

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”