Michael Kay- Zero Cheers for the Kaykateers - Part 8

thatone-xo
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay- Zero Cheers for the Kaykateers - Part 8

Post by thatone-xo »

I had to laugh while watching the mail video yesterday. I only made it about a third of the way or so but there were two things to note.
First was him being called out on how he pronounces Chipotle. And second was a letter that came in saying they when they started watching him they though he was between 35-40 (which is still being generous I think), but then realized his real age. You could tell he was taken back by that comment and it was quite hilarious to watch in real time. I know that sounds like I'm making fun of the guy, but that's not what I really mean - it's just two things that have been talked about forever were actually mentioned and it was great.

timtamslamcam
Learner
Learner

Post by timtamslamcam »

Dave doesn't enjoy travel, he enjoys being pampered. He doesn't enjoy booking, comparison shopping, renting, flying, waiting in line, doing research, learning about local culture, tours, local events, respecting regional history, meeting new people...

DC_Darling23
Learner
Learner

Post by DC_Darling23 »

thatone-xo wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:59 am
I had to laugh while watching the mail video yesterday. I only made it about a third of the way or so but there were two things to note.
First was him being called out on how he pronounces Chipotle. And second was a letter that came in saying they when they started watching him they though he was between 35-40 (which is still being generous I think), but then realized his real age. You could tell he was taken back by that comment and it was quite hilarious to watch in real time. I know that sounds like I'm making fun of the guy, but that's not what I really mean - it's just two things that have been talked about forever were actually mentioned and it was great.
That’s too funny.... When he lived in DC and worked for the Govt., he used to talk about how much he loved that people thought he was way older (mid to late 30s) because they wouldn’t question his qualifications as much as knowing he was in his 20’s at that time ... maybe now that he spends all his time in a place full of generally younger people, he realized he’s getting old/ people are finding him more and more unattractive which won’t help his single status at all 😂

AnnabellaSnark
Learner
Learner

Post by AnnabellaSnark »

DC_Darling23 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:56 am
thatone-xo wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:59 am
That’s too funny.... When he lived in DC and worked for the Govt., he used to talk about how much he loved that people thought he was way older (mid to late 30s) because they wouldn’t question his qualifications as much as knowing he was in his 20’s at that time ... maybe now that he spends all his time in a place full of generally younger people, he realized he’s getting old/ people are finding him more and more unattractive which won’t help his single status at all 😂
Mikey is definitely of an age where it would benefit him to settle down and have some semblance of a healthy and steady relationship. At some point his continued singleness will make him creepy even to some of the most loyal. It’s sexist but it’s a fact that single men who frequent places generally full of families with young children will raise eyebrows. I think his fan base would be so happy to see him in a good relationship. It would only do good things for him. But he’d have to also be authentic and honest with someone he dated, and I don’t know that he can do that with lol.

theone74733
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theone74733 »

Man, what is up with Dave's new fetish about trying to get free cups of water and showcasing this at Aulani? Almost every video during his stay at Aulani is trying to find cups of water or even complaining to cast members about it. In today's vlog, he comments about waiting 15 minutes for the line to die down so he can get free water and complains that they didn't give him the big large cups. Then proceeds to show himself getting another two cups of free water. Then went back for a third time to get 4 free cups of water later on. You would think he would've edit the damn free water stuff out of future vlogs after people started trolling him about it and leaving dislikes on his latest videos. My favorite comment though:

David Hernandez
11 hours ago (edited)
you should drink those waters real quick and use the empty cups to collect the rain water.

Lol at the first sentence of his vlog, which I had to rewind several times, "I hope you are having a fantastic day today, an amazing day, this is Dave Kay here today for the last day at Disney's Aulani Resort for this trip". How many times can you say "day" in one sentence?

TBDfan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TBDfan »

Lots of gems coming from these two today.

Why is Dave quoting Harry Potter lately?

Riveting content from Mike with a visit to Cheddars. I know he’s secretive with who his table mates are but it seemed odder than usual today - the camera is right up in his face and he acknowledged someone else was with him. Can’t be normal for a moment and mention who’s there? And as someone who hails from Wisconsin - it would grate each time he said it. Stop just stop - it’s cheese curds dude...you can get them at Culvers which your brother thinks is magical but expensive.
Last edited by TBDfan on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boosara
Talker
Talker

Post by boosara »

theone74733 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:03 pm
Man, what is up with Dave's new fetish about trying to get free cups of water and showcasing this at Aulani? Almost every video during his stay at Aulani is trying to find cups of water or even complaining to cast members about it. In today's vlog, he comments about waiting 15 minutes for the line to die down so he can get free water and complains that they didn't give him the big large cups. Then proceeds to show himself getting another two cups of free water. Then went back for a third time to get 4 free cups of water later on. You would think he would've edit the damn free water stuff out of future vlogs after people started trolling him about it and leaving dislikes on his latest videos. My favorite comment though:

David Hernandez
11 hours ago (edited)
you should drink those waters real quick and use the empty cups to collect the rain water.

Lol at the first sentence of his vlog, which I had to rewind several times, "I hope you are having a fantastic day today, an amazing day, this is Dave Kay here today for the last day at Disney's Aulani Resort for this trip". How many times can you say "day" in one sentence?
He's the living embodiment of every student trying to pad their essays to reach their word count minimum.

DisOrder
Learner
Learner

Post by DisOrder »

I don't get how he can continually wear stupid vacation shirts. For me I would feel like a dumb ass wearing shirts that say "have a magical day" to a local restaurant.... seriously. I like how he draws attention to the "Cheddar's Painkiller" - I haven't seen a drink like that in a while... Has he ever seen a drink like that? Such a phoney and he gets excited about having a wireless kiosk like every Red Robin (and a lot of other places) on the planet has had on their tables for like a decade?

What a surprise he gets chicken tenders... lets order something other than a kid's meal sometime?

Just wondering, does anyone else find him cutting back and forth to himself at home is very disruptive to his videos and make it even more all over the place?

AnnabellaSnark
Learner
Learner

Post by AnnabellaSnark »

I would need two of those Painkillers to make it through a meal with either Kay Bros.

kieramonroe
Learner
Learner

Post by kieramonroe »

I think the bromance between ATW & Michael is so cute :) He was ATW's first guest up into the DVC lounge at epcot after he bought into the program.
#Adorbs
01.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

michaelkaystan
Talker
Talker

Post by michaelkaystan »

Michael Kay is from Maryland. Wonder if he knows that Pussers invented the Painkiller drink and they have one of their only 2 US locations in his state's capital - Annapolis!

Those chicken tenders did seem to have a good breading but yeah, chicken tenders and fried cheese isn't real "foodie" items. Oh well, we all have our tastes! I can't knock him for ordering what he likes.

UrJustAPutz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by UrJustAPutz »

What I don’t get is why a family full of college educated kids turn into YouTube grifters…Michael exploits his sister for views like a backroom casting couch video

Santosh69
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Santosh69 »

So Dave returned a rental car because it smelled like weed????

Return to “Michael Kay”