EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EmilyNoel83BerryLooksAndCounting Part12

Post by Yetta »

I fell asleep watching Kamel's snaps in the past, LOL But I can't remember the YTer, LOL

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Yetta wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:22 pm
I fell asleep watching Kamel's snaps in the past, LOL But I can't remember the YTer, LOL
Kamel used to spend a long time on SC everyday. I fell asleep watching her snaps in the past too. :rofl:

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

tar wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:18 pm

I watched most of that video but fell asleep before I finished. It was very late. I will try to finish it. I read elsewhere that it was a
fail for Emily. That she got off track from David’s vision. I loved the look he created. I will try to finish. I started watching several days ago but the board was locked and then other issues. I will report back. I haven’t forgotten. :love2:
Sorry to quote myself ...
I finally finished her video with David’s favorites. After reading some of the comments elsewhere I was worried about what the
end result was going to look like. It wasn’t as great as David’s look to be sure but it wasn’t as bad as I had been expecting. At
least she faithfully tried to approximate David’s look with products and colors that he suggested or used. We saw something
different so I did enjoy that from Emily. :tu:

_noire
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by _noire »

Principessa_NYC wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:10 am
Were 6 eyeshadows really necessary to create this look?
Screenshot_20210317-102337.pngScreenshot_20210317-102332.png
And you can't even see that gorgeous teal because it's all mudded up with that warm "crease" colour... I can't, I just can't anymore with this woman. I've unfollowed her on social media and I think I'll just cherry-pick the videos I watch from her from now on. It's seriously so sad, I've been following her since 2008, back when all of us makeup junkies had a blog, she would even comment and follow back, she was entertaining and interesting, now it's all plum and no fun. Also, when they started having kids/moved, Cupcake pretty much disappeared from her channel and she barely ever posted a photo in SM. Does anyone know what happened? I know she got sick at some point, I just loved watching her interact with the kitty.

lemonlemmings
Learner
Learner

Post by lemonlemmings »

_noire wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:30 am

Also, when they started having kids/moved, Cupcake pretty much disappeared from her channel and she barely ever posted a photo in SM. Does anyone know what happened? I know she got sick at some point, I just loved watching her interact with the kitty.
Cupcake/Baker passed away last year. I remember she took her to the vet a couple of times but I don't think there was any diagnosis beyond old age. She recently talked about getting a kitten or two in the near future (and wanting to name them Biscuits and Gravy if their coloring matched the names).

_noire
Learner
Learner

Post by _noire »

I wonder if she ever addressed the "B" nickname obsession tradition...

dew2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dew2 »

_noire wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:28 am
And the one person in the family whose actual name starts with B (Belle) has a terrible nickname that starts with N, lol.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

dew2 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:46 pm
_noire wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:28 am
And the one person in the family whose actual name starts with B (Belle) has a terrible nickname that starts with N, lol.
That nickname is not going to be good when she gets to her teen years. :roll:

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

Yetta wrote:
Makeupbytiffanyd is my Ambien!

_noire
Learner
Learner

Post by _noire »

tar wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:45 pm
That nickname is not going to be good when she gets to her teen years. :roll:
Oh my, haven't even thought of that! Poor girl...

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Deedlemonster wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:51 pm
Yetta wrote:
Makeupbytiffanyd is my Ambien!
She used to ramble on forever and say nothing. :rofl: :rofl: Maybe that is who I was thinking about.
I wondered if it was Kristin Gehm back in the day but it didn’t seem right. I just couldn’t remember who it was. Maybe I should find something long from Tiffany and try that.

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

I am listening to kamel's snaps now and they will put you to sleep.

Deedlemonster
Informer
Informer

Post by Deedlemonster »

tar wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:33 pm

She used to ramble on forever and say nothing. :rofl: :rofl: Maybe that is who I was thinking about.
I wondered if it was Kristin Gehm back in the day but it didn’t seem right. I just couldn’t remember who it was. Maybe I should find something long from Tiffany and try that.
She still does it, might be worse now.

Mmmaybenot
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Mmmaybenot »

Watching her video from today now and the only thing I can say is she is SO SMUG. She starts the video as life coach/happiness guru Emily, telling us to be grateful. How about shut up since you don’t know what hardship actually is?

Then she talks about how great it is that she doesn’t do sponsored videos. I think if anything, it’s the worst business decision she could have made to set herself on a no-sponsorships pedestal. Please, continue to do what other gurus do for free. Don’t get paid for your time and effort. So stupid. She thinks it’s integrity. It’s not. It’s bad business sense. Why shouldn’t someone get paid for their time and work? It doesn’t make you more authentic or more trustworthy. It makes you stupid.

Does she think people are so gullible that they can’t tell the difference between an authentic sponsored review and a product shill? If I see rawbeautykristi sponsored by colourpop, I know it’s not some garbage product being pushed because she’s getting paid. We know the difference.

SOOOO SMUUUUG.

Pine
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Pine »

I had to jump on here and say that Emily does not know how to apply foundation to save her life. She avoids blending her chin and jawline each and every time. Today's video was no different. I had to click away when she haphazardly pressed the Huda luminous matte foundation into her skin with a dirty beauty blender. It was spotty and dry as hell. Will someone please set her straight on how to apply foundation ? It irks me so much.
She seem so helpless at times. One time she told a story about tripping on the stairs and lying on the floor and her coffee went everywhere. All over the walls and carpet. She could only yell "Bub!" and her husband had to come and clean everything up. She's not able to even clean up her own mess, it's always her husband that does it. I can't imagine her knowing how to clean the pots and pans in her kitchen after she makes a crockpot meal or a casserole. :roll:

Seen_From_Space
Learner
Learner

Post by Seen_From_Space »

I started watching her "hybrid makeup" video, and other than the same warm pink look and spider lashes, what us up with her lighting? I she that she had the window blinds closed behind her. Isn't natural lighting something she should want, even if thy are opened just a little? Emily has the girls sharing a room so she can have her makeup room with windows, but either films when it's dark, or keeps the blinds closed. She should let each of her children have their own rooms, and move her crap to the basement.

_noire
Learner
Learner

Post by _noire »

Seen_From_Space wrote:
> I started watching her "hybrid makeup" video, and other than the
> same warm pink look and spider lashes, what us up with her lighting? I she
> that she had the window blinds closed behind her. Isn't natural lighting
> something she should want, even if thy are opened just a little? Emily has
> the girls sharing a room so she can have her makeup room with windows, but
> either films when it's dark, or keeps the blinds closed. She should let
> each of her children have their own rooms, and move her crap to the
> basement.
I think she films at 4 am or something so no natual light. She said that she couldn't get off her anchor "waking up" routine and preferes to film when everyone is asleep.

kashkeefy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kashkeefy »

I can’t even watch the videos where she has her nails painted that god awful hot pink color, all over her mangled cuticles and messy nail polish. I know its a minute detail but it distracts me so much, it looks awful

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

Mmmaybenot wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:48 pm
Hi everyone. Long time reader but I’ve finally snapped. I know this has been discussed before but I have had ENOUGH of her preachy positivity. I know everyone goes through stuff, but really, how hard is it to find gratitude when you have three healthy kids, a seemingly solid marriage, all the family support anyone could ask for, jobs etc. It just sounds so naive and condescending for her to be giving our gratitude lessons to people who might have some actual problems to deal with. I wish she would stop including these motivational speaker/life coach bits or put them in a dedicated video so we can skip it. It’s not inspiring. It’s annoying.
In my experience, those who preach the most about positivity tend to be the most miserable. Remember, we only see what she wants us to see. We don't know what really goes on behind closed doors in her home. No one's life is that perfect although many fake it on social media. I think she's one of those people. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she hates her husband or her kids but I don't think all is perfect in Emily land either. She is one of the most ignorant, air headed people I've seen on youtube.

Seen_From_Space
Learner
Learner

Post by Seen_From_Space »

onionface wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:33 am
Mmmaybenot wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:48 pm
Hi everyone. Long time reader but I’ve finally snapped. I know this has been discussed before but I have had ENOUGH of her preachy positivity. I know everyone goes through stuff, but really, how hard is it to find gratitude when you have three healthy kids, a seemingly solid marriage, all the family support anyone could ask for, jobs etc. It just sounds so naive and condescending for her to be giving our gratitude lessons to people who might have some actual problems to deal with. I wish she would stop including these motivational speaker/life coach bits or put them in a dedicated video so we can skip it. It’s not inspiring. It’s annoying.
In my experience, those who preach the most about positivity tend to be the most miserable. Remember, we only see what she wants us to see. We don't know what really goes on behind closed doors in her home. No one's life is that perfect although many fake it on social media. I think she's one of those people. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she hates her husband or her kids but I don't think all is perfect in Emily land either. She is one of the most ignorant, air headed people I've seen on youtube.
I feel the same way. I've griped about it before. She has no clue what it's like to have things hit rock bottom, and needing to pull yourself out. Her parents moved to be closer to help her with her kids. She has the equivalent of a full-time babysitter. She doesn't have to worry about going to an actual job everyday. The "be positive" shit spewing everywhere is easy to say when you never have anything go wrong. I would never wish ill on anyone, but if you don't know what hardship is, keep your mouth closed Emily. Be grateful, but either be grateful in your own life, or make a channel for people who also eat that crap up. I normally never snap like this, but it just... I can't even explain how much this gets under my skin.

Return to “Emilynoel83”