Cathy Hay

sporkspeaks
Talker
Talker

Re: Cathy Hay

Post by sporkspeaks »

Deanna wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:09 am
Ngl I'm excited for this project. The coat is pretty & the colours are just right for her. Little worried about the amount of embroidery, since she previously mentioned hand pain. But we'll see. I think it's gonna be amazing if she finishes it.
Who wants to bet she'll do a very tiny test patch of embroidery before outsourcing it? I'm guessing she won't even do that much before handing that part off.

It's a lovely coat just perfect for storming around a castle in a high dudgeon, yelling at servants. I need one in green and gold.

CptBrandyTeache
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by CptBrandyTeache »

sporkspeaks wrote:
Deanna wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:09 am
Ngl I'm excited for this project. The coat is pretty & the colours are just right for her. Little worried about the amount of embroidery, since she previously mentioned hand pain. But we'll see. I think it's gonna be amazing if she finishes it.
Who wants to bet she'll do a very tiny test patch of embroidery before outsourcing it? I'm guessing she won't even do that much before handing that part off.

It's a lovely coat just perfect for storming around a castle in a high dudgeon, yelling at servants. I need one in green and gold.
Omg a green an gd variant would be beautiful

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

itiswhatitis35
Learner
Learner

Post by itiswhatitis35 »

I love it too. It's straight off of the Evil Queen/Regina from Once Upon A Time. I mean that in a good way.

We'll see if she ever finishes it.

Deanna
Talker
Talker

Post by Deanna »

I don't mind ppl outsourcing part of the work, so long as it's transparant & fairly compensated. I think there's legit bodily reasons why not everyone can hand-embroider an entire coat, and I don't think that should restrict them from a project like this.

Deanna
Talker
Talker

Post by Deanna »

itiswhatitis35 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:02 am
I love it too. It's straight off of the Evil Queen/Regina from Once Upon A Time. I mean that in a good way.

We'll see if she ever finishes it.
Omg yes, big Regina vibes 💖

MillicentF
Learner
Learner

Post by MillicentF »

sporkspeaks wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:58 am

Well, she did the embroidery on her Oak Leaf dress herself. And this coat reminds me of it much. Of course, the design is different, but still. Shady business tricks and PD shadows apart, she really is a good sewist and embroiderer, no need denying her that. And the peacock dress fascination for her I think started with the fascination with the embroidery and desire to try embroider it herself. And the rest is history ;). But I, for one, think she will proceede with the embroidery of the coat by herself, I think she needs that, in both the PR sense and the therapeutical one. And I must admit, I kind of hope she will acomplish it herself.

Justagoat
Informer
Informer

Post by Justagoat »

Has she mentioned all the people who donated to the PD and what, if anything, they will get out of this new project?

And any bets on how long it will take her to finish the coat? How long will she milk this cash cow for?

andipales
Debater
Debater

Post by andipales »

Well, she played this one as well as usual. It's a good project, wearable, makes her look like a disney villain which seems to essentially be her main goal in life, no doubt she can milk this one like the pro she is for a good few years and it doesn't even need undergarments she can drag out. Countdown to her outsourcing the work starts in the new year, I'd guess!

CuriousAboutThat
Talker
Talker

Post by CuriousAboutThat »

Deanna wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:06 am
The coat is by Marshall and Snelgrove ca 1895-1900

Is she going to use real gold for the embroidery?

Deanna
Talker
Talker

Post by Deanna »

CuriousAboutThat wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:30 pm
She didn't say (or I missed it). I expect that's something she'll work through as the project progresses.

CuriousAboutThat
Talker
Talker

Post by CuriousAboutThat »

Deanna wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:10 pm
CuriousAboutThat wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:30 pm
She didn't say (or I missed it). I expect that's something she'll work through as the project progresses.
I can imagine another fundraising somewhere in the process. Looking at bank account statement, and going, hnnnm, I don't have enough money to get gold for the embroidery thread I'll need to have custom-made, so what can I do to fix this problem? That would really fit in with her modus operandi.

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

Please join us in the new thread : viewtopic.php?t=41314 :w<3:
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

Return to “Costubers”