Sasha Alsberg Part 3

Sarahbat04
Talker
Talker

Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 3

Post by Sarahbat04 »

foolishheartsx wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:31 am
Wow that book release it pretty close, maybe she hasn't announced anything yet because of what's happened to her dad?
Maybe that plus all her social media issues.... maybe she wants to wait to announce it until closer to the release date so there’s less time for people to leave early negative reviews or criticize her?

I do think that early negative reviews for anyone isn’t a nice thing to do at all, but she deserves the valid criticism she’s gotten.

Gossip_chatter
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Gossip_chatter »

Or, you know, she knows that some people will be disappointed that the long awaited PR is just a patchwork of old and new and she's deliberately waiting for a last moment to share the news so that she can distract everyone with Project Star.

pensandthreads
Informer
Informer

Post by pensandthreads »

The reality is she is an objectively poor writer. ARCS and early buzz likely won't help her sales. Her best bet is to stay as silent as possible while last years drama gets buried, return to social media hoping the narrative around her has been suppressed and refreshed from the break, and just dropping the book and hoping her fans just pick it up quickly. No one can honestly expect her book to have legs.

Bloopina_
Debater
Debater

Post by Bloopina_ »

Maybe her release date has been delayed because of covid. It's extremely irregular for an author not to do any promo this close to the release date. Usually they start at least 6months to a year before the release date.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

It looks like Project Red was sold in October 2020 at the absolute latest, so at least two months before the ARC thing. Pretty surprised she hasn't said anything about it yet -- maybe she's not able to, but that seems pretty unlikely with a spring 2021 release date.

I'm also scratching my head at the 60,000 word count -- that seems really short for fantasy. I'm also curious as to why her male lead is from the 15th century, and not the 18th or maybe 17th century. Sasha has such a specific, romanticized version of Scotland from Outlander that while I could see her writing a bad Jacobite Highlander, I cannot see her putting in the work to write even a passable 15th century Scot. Nor could I see her managing writing a character from any time period grappling with what their country looks like the 21st century -- are Callum and Karla going to go running around the Highlands with nary a mention of the Highland Clearances, for instance?

Lyra Leonhardt
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lyra Leonhardt »

Get ready for a riveting chapter dedicated to Callum's thoughts on the SNP.

In any case, the blurb is about what I expected. Seems rough, I groaned at the chosen one aspect in particular, but I'm also very much not the target audience for ya romance. I hope it'll surprise me. Or more realistically, I hope it's good fuel for snark reviews. The worst sin it could commit at this point is being dull, I think.

DeathArcana
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathArcana »

jysk wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:28 pm
It looks like Project Red was sold in October 2020 at the absolute latest, so at least two months before the ARC thing. Pretty surprised she hasn't said anything about it yet -- maybe she's not able to, but that seems pretty unlikely with a spring 2021 release date.

I'm also scratching my head at the 60,000 word count -- that seems really short for fantasy. I'm also curious as to why her male lead is from the 15th century, and not the 18th or maybe 17th century. Sasha has such a specific, romanticized version of Scotland from Outlander that while I could see her writing a bad Jacobite Highlander, I cannot see her putting in the work to write even a passable 15th century Scot. Nor could I see her managing writing a character from any time period grappling with what their country looks like the 21st century -- are Callum and Karla going to go running around the Highlands with nary a mention of the Highland Clearances, for instance?
guarantee the Highland Clearances won't get mentioned cause I have a feeling Sasha did not do a good amount of research lol

lasvevas
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lasvevas »

A couple of days ago, Sasha posted on her stories that she was at a hotel. Since her dogs were with her I assumed that she was staying there to be closer to the airport or something, but now she’s back at her US home. Did I miss an explanation for why she was at a hotel and potentially being exposed to more people just before she’s about to make a transatlantic trip?

Also, seeing her dogs in her backyard makes me feel so sorry for them. They have no idea they’re about to be moved to a cramped apartment with barely any space to turn, let alone run.

agleita
Learner
Learner

Post by agleita »

I am kinda interested in what Sasha is doing now? Like I heard this week on radio how UK is doing this if you come to uk you must quarantine in a hotel upon arrival but Sasha isn’t talking about that plus she has two massive dogs coming and in her latest insta stories she said how she will be in london in the next 48 hours and her pups have a training with their dog trainer on Wednesday? So how does that work when she and her dogs need to quarantine for two weeks and doubt that dog trainers or any dog schools are essential workers and allowed to work during this lockdown? Unless I am wrong but yeah don’t see her following guidelines yet again.

DeathArcana
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathArcana »

agleita wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:59 am
I am kinda interested in what Sasha is doing now? Like I heard this week on radio how UK is doing this if you come to uk you must quarantine in a hotel upon arrival but Sasha isn’t talking about that plus she has two massive dogs coming and in her latest insta stories she said how she will be in london in the next 48 hours and her pups have a training with their dog trainer on Wednesday? So how does that work when she and her dogs need to quarantine for two weeks and doubt that dog trainers or any dog schools are essential workers and allowed to work during this lockdown? Unless I am wrong but yeah don’t see her following guidelines yet again.
I mean her man is rich af lol rules don't apply to her. probably just gonna use his money to bypass all of that the same way she got that fancy visa

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

agleita wrote:
Just another case of rules don't apply to Sasha. Anyone arriving into the UK has to self isolate for 10 days. In England you are allowed to get a private covid test after 5 days of isolation. You then need to wait for the results, and if it is negative you can end your isolation early. Regardless, you will still be isolating for a minimum of 5-6 days, so I'm not sure how she is going to take her dogs for training. Not only is she completely disregarding covid regulations again, but she is plastering it all over social media and moaning for sympathy. My heart goes out to her over the loss of her dad, I can't imagine how hard that would be. She's too young to have lost both her parents. But that doesn't exempt you from covid rules- restrictions that are in place to help prevent someone else from avoidably losing a loved one.

xxloloxx
Learner
Learner

Post by xxloloxx »

anastasia1989 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:47 pm
agleita wrote:
Just another case of rules don't apply to Sasha. Anyone arriving into the UK has to self isolate for 10 days. In England you are allowed to get a private covid test after 5 days of isolation. You then need to wait for the results, and if it is negative you can end your isolation early. Regardless, you will still be isolating for a minimum of 5-6 days, so I'm not sure how she is going to take her dogs for training. Not only is she completely disregarding covid regulations again, but she is plastering it all over social media and moaning for sympathy. My heart goes out to her over the loss of her dad, I can't imagine how hard that would be. She's too young to have lost both her parents. But that doesn't exempt you from covid rules- restrictions that are in place to help prevent someone else from avoidably losing a loved one.
This bitch doesn't care about the rules and she has proven that time and time again. Also I can't help but laugh at her flights getting cancelled
Also I don't quite understand why her dogs are on a separate flight to her, I know if I had to travel with a pet I would want to see them immediately on arrival

anastasia1989
Learner
Learner

Post by anastasia1989 »

I don’t understand her stressing out now that her dogs will spend the day in a small facility, where they don’t have room to run, and will instead be walked 3 times a day. What does she think will happen at her flat in London??? There’s no space to run there! The only chance they will have to stretch their legs is when they are taken for a walk. Yes there is a dog park a few blocks away but London dog parks are small, and considering her dogs behavioural issues she won’t always be able to let them off leash when other dogs are there. Has she not thought this through?

I believe they are flying on a seperate flight because they have to fly cargo due to their size and there is probably not availability on every passenger flight, so that is understandable. They’ll be okay for a day or two. But again, makes me wonder why she didn’t go for a smaller breed of dog since travel was always in her long term plan.

Sarahbat04
Talker
Talker

Post by Sarahbat04 »

Guys remember back when she lived in TX and she would complain about Frazier’s behavior and how he was getting trained but then she put a video on her Insta story of him literally standing on her kitchen table and laughing about it. And now she’s talking about how it’s important for owners to also be trained? Like dude....

agleita
Learner
Learner

Post by agleita »

Took a screenshot before she blocks me 😅
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

They should just start arresting idiots like her, flying back and forth as if the whole world isn't suffering. Unreal.

daisymae1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by daisymae1 »

I can’t believe she posted a video of her breakfast and ambar Driscoll is having the same breakfast. She obviously isn’t self quarantining for 15 days like she’s supposed to when she has a friend over. Also ambar just recently got back from a trip to South Africa. It’s so ridiculous that she doesn’t even feel obligated to follow the rules when the Uk is in serious lockdown. And she doesn’t even try and hide it.

pensandthreads
Informer
Informer

Post by pensandthreads »

daisymae1 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:02 pm
I can’t believe she posted a video of her breakfast and ambar Driscoll is having the same breakfast. She obviously isn’t self quarantining for 15 days like she’s supposed to when she has a friend over. Also ambar just recently got back from a trip to South Africa. It’s so ridiculous that she doesn’t even feel obligated to follow the rules when the Uk is in serious lockdown. And she doesn’t even try and hide it.
Wow it's so freaking obvious with those stories. Wtf is wrong with her to be so blatant about disregarding quarantine. She literally has a meal with someone every other day. Most people haven't seen someone outside of their household in their manner in almost a year. Disgusting.

Ellie666
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ellie666 »

if you look closely at the Insta stories I don't think she's actually with Ambar this time around. The tables that they are sitting at are different, the plates are different, also eating slightly different food. Ambar posted her story a couple of hours before Sasha and Sasha probably just copied her breakfast idea lmao.

We KNOW Sasha doesn't follow the rules for COVID and that's always going to be annoying but for this, I don't think she's been caught in anything here.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

I'm certain that she's breaking self-isolation but she's being more careful about posting evidence of it this time around. So I guess it only took her getting called out for not self-isolating three times, and for the multiple lockdown breaches over the month of December, for her to learn something.

I don't think she has seen Fraser and Fiona yet -- it looks like they're staying with their trainer. I wonder is she's being sponsored by the pet relocation service and trainer that she's using, or if they're not charging her in exchange for promotion. I'm betting if she does actually come back to youtube and posts a video about moving the dogs overseas like she's promising to, it will only be because making a video is part of the arrangement.

Return to “BookTube”